PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow... Really bad, average, good QB?

Interceptor
09-07-2013, 01:51 AM
I wonder what many of you think of Tim Tebow...

IMO he can play in the right system but he really needs to get a lot better at passing. You can only do options play until eventually you get hit and won't get up.

Also I don't know what he is so polarizing to so many people... is he the only openly Christian player in the league? I don't think so...

Greg
09-07-2013, 02:15 AM
I think Tim Tebow would make a serviceable hybrid TE/FB. As far as a NFL caliber QB, not so much. If he isn't able repeat a efficient throwing motion by now...

As to his "tebowing," that was a MSM creation that the sheeple bought into. Not to say he isn't true to his faith.

Max Power
09-07-2013, 02:24 AM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7405172992/h01804490/

Vrake
09-07-2013, 02:33 AM
Another Florida product (FSU) went to the NBA because he thought he could do better even though he had a great college career. Charile Ward anyone? I think the NFL wanted to cash in on Tebows hype more then his NFL talent. He needs to change or just ride the pine as a backup for 8 to 10 years and get paid. 1st string he is not.

Tebow won the Heisman for a reason in a system set up for him. The same thing goes on now with Oregon. On paper their QB's and RB's college stats look world beating. Yet look at how many make an impact in the NFL. A dude came out early a couple years ago as a Jr and didn't get drafted. Harrington comes to mind after him. Plus one other years ago who went like 3rd over all to Cinci or Clev and was a bust. Only Duck QB that is really memorable is Dan Fouts.

Greg
09-07-2013, 02:57 AM
^^^ Akili Smith, Cinci. Not that Tim Couch, Cleveland, was that much better.

Vrake
09-07-2013, 03:18 AM
^^^ Akili Smith, Cinci. Not that Tim Couch, Cleveland, was that much better.

Tim Couch came out of Kentucky he was another draft bust. Akili was the name I was trying think of thank you.

Rizzo77
09-07-2013, 05:00 AM
I admire Tim Tebow's commitment to his faith, and find it annoying when every site is full of anti-Christian nonsense. That being said, and as a Broncos fan, I'm glad that he is no longer a Bronco.

Good dude, horrible NFL quarterback.

Max Power
09-07-2013, 06:37 PM
http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5106b950eab8eac229000007/tebow-helmet-pass.gif

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/5032729eeab8ea9902000000/tebow-1.gif

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/funny-tim-tebow.jpg

Pullinteeth
09-18-2013, 05:53 PM
To say that the Jets fiasco proves anything would be a fallacy because EVERYONE knew the one or two plays he was put in each game was a running play. I do kind of wonder if he might be a better option than Ponder. Though without recievers....

BENDER56
09-19-2013, 12:17 AM
I admire Tim Tebow's commitment to his faith, and find it annoying when every site is full of anti-Christian nonsense. That being said, and as a Broncos fan, I'm glad that he is no longer a Bronco.

Good dude, horrible NFL quarterback.

I've never been fond of PDR (Public Displays of Religion). That doesn't make me anti-Christian or even anti-religion. I guess my upbringing conditioned me to think of religion as a private matter. No one I knew growing up ever talked about religion outside of church. It wasn't until I joined the AF and started meeting people from other parts of the country that I experienced people invoking "The Lord" in day-to-day activities. I found it weird and still do.

I agree with the guy that said Tebow would make a good FB/TE. Get the ball in his hands and let him go. But he's had his shot at QB and hasn't succeeded.

Rizzo77
09-20-2013, 07:31 PM
I agree with the guy that said Tebow would make a good FB/TE. Get the ball in his hands and let him go. But he's had his shot at QB and hasn't succeeded.

I think he could be a good TE. He just wants to be a QB, though, and that obviously ain't happenin'.

Pullinteeth
09-27-2013, 05:23 PM

When was that?

BENDER56
09-27-2013, 10:51 PM
When was that?

I was thinking Broncos, Jets and Patriots. NFL teams don't seem to want him.

BENDER56
09-27-2013, 11:10 PM
... although, here in FL people argue that the Jaguars should pick him up. Jacksonville sucks and they have some of the worst attendance numbers in the NFL. The argument is that with Tebow, they'll probably still suck but at least he might get some people to come out and watch.

I have nothing against the guy. If he winds up back in the NFL and does OK, that's fine with me.

Rizzo77
09-28-2013, 01:05 AM
Jackonsville needs to pick him up, and now. The Jaguars will still suck, but at least they'll be worth watching, just to see if Tebow can actually be a quarterback.