PDA

View Full Version : Whine of the Day

Measure Man
09-06-2013, 03:57 PM

Pullinteeth
09-06-2013, 04:40 PM
I looked at the Navy equiv of ITT (might be the same I don't remember) a couple of years ago when we were taking the kids to Disney. It was cheaper to pay at the gate. A decade or so ago, I took literally dozens of 'em in Europe.... Not sure if it was cheaper but it sure was easy...

PburghNo1
09-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Might be the base... where I am they do NYC day trips for $30, DC day trips for $25 and outdoor (skiing/rafting, etc) trips for usually no more than $50. The subsidies have dried up, so it's pretty much providing the service and paying the employees now. There's "Single Airmen Initiative" (at least I think that's what they're caling it) money out there to reduce the costs, but that's obviously for one targeted audience.

71Fish
09-06-2013, 04:50 PM
I used the hell out of ITT or whatever it was called in Korea. Especially at Kunsan I tried to get at least a couple of trips per month. The prices were ok, but I would have paid almost any price.

ttribe
09-06-2013, 06:39 PM
Last week we got an email from ITT for, I believe it was "Free" Rams tickets. 5 minutes later we get an email saying they were all gone. How many tickets were there to start with? Who were they playing? I mean, you couldn't give me free tickets to the Rams. And this is my hometown.

I was going to use the Nelliss ITT to get tickets to a Cirque Du Soleil show in Vegas. I was trying to do Vegas on the cheap. All you save through ITT there is handling fees. I found it more cost effective to stay at the Mirage for a few bucks more and use the two Comp tickets that came with the package(about $250 value).

TJMAC77SP
09-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Today's whine: ITT trips.

Damn, they are expensive nowadays...OK, so our ITT does a lot of trips, some close by which they charge you like $100+ for the bus ride, plus whatever other expenses are involved. Something you can drive to can easily cost over $200 PER PERSON...And they do some big trips like Ireland or China that run in the many thousands...does anyone take those? You could do it so much cheaper yourself.

In the old days, these trips were cheap...in the really old days, they were partially subsidized making them really, really cheap...maybe it's just this base, but damn, trips are expensive here. I'm not sure who they are catering to, can't imagine too many Airmen are signing up for a $10K trip to Ireland. I took quite a few at Ramstein and those were reasonably priced.

Damn ! That is a shame because you are right. Back in the day ITT trips were reasonable and fun. Rhine river tour...."Oh, another castle, pass the wine". Seriously though I enjoyed ITT trips.

technomage1
09-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Ramstein, Misawa, and Osan I used the heck out of ITT and got better prices by far than if I'd booked myself. Maybe its just your area? I hope it's not widespread.

Giant Voice
09-09-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm changing my whine of the day to this topic: UTE days!!! Why did we get rid of these? Those were the best way to boost moral. Your Sq has XXX number of sorties per month. You make it, day off on the last work day. Never seen Mx folks work that hard the final 2 weeks of the month. At the bases I was at, if all the flying units made it, the base CC made it a wing day.