PDA

View Full Version : Will a moderator or Admin please delete my account. Thanks

veritas
09-06-2013, 12:01 AM

Cerberus
09-06-2013, 12:04 AM
I will pass the message to FA.

Edit to add: Self-deletion is not a feature of the vBulletin 4.12 software. It appears that they were considering the option for the newest version, but were concerned about how to handle the users content, which is trickier than I thought.

Pullinteeth
09-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Who cares? Why delete any accounts? If a member doesn't want to post anymore, they just don't post anymore...not exactly rocket surgery.

Rusty Jones
09-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Who cares? Why delete any accounts? If a member doesn't want to post anymore, they just don't post anymore...not exactly rocket surgery.

If I wanted to stop posting, I'd ask to have my account deleted so as to make sure that I CAN'T post here anymore; or at least that I'd have to go through more trouble than it's worth in order to post again.

The difference is that I'd ask the mods through PM to do it; instead of out in the open. Requesting this out in the open just reeks of announcing that one is taking their ball and going home, in hopes that whatever demand they had might be given into.

RFScott
09-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Wasn't this an alt account of someone anyways? Maybe the owner was recently reinstated and is giving this account up in order to resume posting under their original account.

TJMAC77SP
09-06-2013, 01:09 PM
Wasn't this an alt account of someone anyways? Maybe the owner was recently reinstated and is giving this account up in order to resume posting under their original account.

Bingo !!

Pullinteeth
09-06-2013, 01:18 PM
If I wanted to stop posting, I'd ask to have my account deleted so as to make sure that I CAN'T post here anymore; or at least that I'd have to go through more trouble than it's worth in order to post again.

The difference is that I'd ask the mods through PM to do it; instead of out in the open. Requesting this out in the open just reeks of announcing that one is taking their ball and going home, in hopes that whatever demand they had might be given into.

Even eaiser? Go change your password. When you do, type gibberish onto a word doc, copy it and paste it 2x then delete the word doc. Your posts will still be here for posterity but you won't be able to post unless you go through the trouble of resetting your password.

CJSmith
09-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Even if vBulletin allowed self deletion as part of their core product, most admins wouldn't allow it as it could kill their SEO. For folks like the OP, its not a big deal but for folks like Tak, it would hurt their SEO ratings. That is of course if they even cared about SEO to begin with.