PDA

View Full Version : Pick the Winners!

Pages : [1] 2

efmbman
09-05-2013, 11:16 AM
Each week, 6 NFL games will be up for speculation. The games will be picked at random. I will pick the first 6 games for Week 1. Whoever gets the most correct picks will choose the games for the following week. In the event of a tie, I will punt.

Due to delays beyond my control, I am late in starting this up so this week these are the games to pick:
Baltimore @ Denver
Cincinnati @ Chicago
Miami @ Cleveland
Kansas City @ Jacksonville
Green Bay @ San Francisco
Houston @ San Diego

You will pick the winners. No accounting for point spread, just the straight up winner. If the team you picked to win does so, you get a “win” as well. Your record for each week be 6-0, 5-1, etc. If a game ends in a tie, everyone gets a tie as well.

Depending on the amount of participation, we can have this continue through the playoffs as well. Those with the best records during the regular season can continue on picking winners for the playoff games. It would be difficult to project how this would work until we know how many participants we have.

Weeks 1-15 all feature a Thursday game. Picks for the week would need to be entered prior to any game being played, so let's say that as long as the pick was posted in this thread prior to the Thursday Night kickoff, it is valid. The timestamp of the post will be the standard.

In the interest of fairness, any post that is edited would be subject to “scrutiny”. Just post your picks again if you made a mistake.

This is just for fun, no money involved. Just trash-talking and bragging rights.

Comments, suggestions, want to sign up?

sandsjames
09-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Each week, 6 NFL games will be up for speculation. The games will be picked at random. I will pick the first 6 games for Week 1. Whoever gets the most correct picks will choose the games for the following week. In the event of a tie, I will punt.

Due to delays beyond my control, I am late in starting this up so this week these are the games to pick:
Baltimore @ Denver
Cincinnati @ Chicago
Miami @ Cleveland
Houston @ San Diego

You will pick the winners. No accounting for point spread, just the straight up winner. If the team you picked to win does so, you get a “win” as well. Your record for each week be 6-0, 5-1, etc. If a game ends in a tie, everyone gets a tie as well.

Depending on the amount of participation, we can have this continue through the playoffs as well. Those with the best records during the regular season can continue on picking winners for the playoff games. It would be difficult to project how this would work until we know how many participants we have.

Weeks 1-15 all feature a Thursday game. Picks for the week would need to be entered prior to any game being played, so let's say that as long as the pick was posted in this thread prior to the Thursday Night kickoff, it is valid. The timestamp of the post will be the standard.

In the interest of fairness, any post that is edited would be subject to “scrutiny”. Just post your picks again if you made a mistake.

This is just for fun, no money involved. Just trash-talking and bragging rights.

Denver
Cincinnati
Miami
Kansas City
San Francisco
Houston

RFScott
09-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Here are my picks for Week 1:

Denver
Chicago
Cleveland
Kansas City
San Francisco
Houston

sandsjames
09-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Here are my picks for Week 1:

Denver
Chicago
Cleveland
Kansas City
San Francisco
Houston

Had a tough time picking the Cincinnati/Chicago game. Cinci is supposed to be a tough team this year, but first game of the year is hard to call.

efmbman
09-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Baltimore @ Denver
Cincinnati @ Chicago
Miami @ Cleveland
Houston @ San Diego

My picks are:
Denver
Chicago
Cleveland
Jacksonville
San Francisco
Houston

RFScott
09-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Had a tough time picking the Cincinnati/Chicago game. Cinci is supposed to be a tough team this year, but first game of the year is hard to call.

I had a tough time with that one too. Both teams are pretty solid on defense, but I gave the nod to the Bears since they are at home.

USMC0341
09-05-2013, 01:43 PM

Baltimore @ Denver
Cincinnati @ Chicago
Miami @ Cleveland
Houston @ San Diego

Good Idea

Baltimore
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Kansas City
San Fran
Houston

Monkey
09-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Great idea efmbman.

Denver
Chicago
Miami
Kansas City
Green Bay
Houston

Greg
09-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Baltimore @ Denver
Cincinnati @ Chicago
Miami @ Cleveland
Houston @ San Diego

Denver
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Kansas City
San Francisco
Houston

AlexCross
09-05-2013, 03:19 PM
Denver
Chicago
Miami
Jacksonville
San Francisco
Houston

Jumper5
09-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Denver
Chicago
Cleveland
Kansas City
Green Bay
Houston

efmbman
09-05-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the participation - I hope this turns out to be interesting and competitive fun.

3 and a half hours until the kickoff. Get your picks in.

efmbman
09-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Everyone got a win last night except for UCMC0341. Lots of football left to play, however.

efmbman
09-08-2013, 11:53 PM
Whoever gets the most correct picks will choose the games for the following week. In the event of a tie, I will punt.

The GB @ SF game just ended and we have 4 participants that will be tied since everyone picked Houston on Monday night.

I am open to suggestions about how to handle who gets to pick next weeks games.

RFScott
09-08-2013, 11:57 PM
The GB @ SF game just ended and we have 4 participants that will be tied since everyone picked Houston on Monday night.

I am open to suggestions about how to handle who gets to pick next weeks games.

Maybe we can have the four participants submit what they believe will be the total score of the Monday night game. The poster that is closet to the total score, without going over, would be the winner.

Edit: and by the Monday night game, I mean the one that involves Houston.

efmbman
09-09-2013, 12:29 AM
Maybe we can have the four participants submit what they believe will be the total score of the Monday night game. The poster that is closet to the total score, without going over, would be the winner.

Edit: and by the Monday night game, I mean the one that involves Houston.

Good idea! I hope everyone involved sees this before the game. I am out of the running so the burden lies with you, @Monkey (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=73259) , @AlexCross (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=344746) and sandsjames.

AlexCross
09-09-2013, 12:30 AM
How about point spread?

RFScott
09-09-2013, 12:31 AM
How about point spread?

I'm good either way.

AlexCross
09-09-2013, 12:52 AM
I am going to go with 51 points.

Monkey
09-09-2013, 06:44 AM
I'll go with 45.

sandsjames
09-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Houston 23-San Diego 13 (36 Total)

RFScott
09-09-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm gonna go with a total score of 42.

efmbman
09-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Thanks guys! Nice that was worked out with no drama.

efmbman
09-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Week 1 is in the books. Here are the standings:

AlexCross has the honor of picking the 6 games for Week 2. If the Thursday game is included, please post picks prior to kickoff Thursday night. If not, please post prior to kickoff on Sunday (1:00pm EST).

AlexCross
09-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Woohoo...I will have to look and see what games I want... I am open to suggestions...

Greg
09-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Here's two match ups that could be interesting:

San Francisco 49ers versus Seattle Seahawks
Cincinnati Bengals versus Pittsburgh Steelers

sandsjames
09-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Here's two match ups that could be interesting:

San Francisco 49ers versus Seattle Seahawks
Cincinnati Bengals versus Pittsburgh Steelers

Picking that first one will be tough.

Pullinteeth
09-10-2013, 04:13 PM
Picking that first one will be tough.

Location, location, location....

sandsjames
09-10-2013, 04:15 PM
Location, location, location....

Yeah, but Seattle looked pretty weak and were lucky to get out of the game with Carolina. Of course their stadium is ridiculously tough to win at.

AlexCross
09-10-2013, 04:57 PM
49er's Vs SeaHawks
Titans VS Texans
Saints VS Buccaneers
Jets Vs Patriots
Cowboys Vs Chiefs
Broncos Vs Giants

sandsjames
09-10-2013, 04:59 PM
49ers
Texans
Saints
Jets (upset pick)
Chiefs
Broncos

USMC0341
09-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Niners
Texans
Tampa (Saints let down after big win week 1)
Pats
Chiefs in a low scoring game
Broncos --Peyton gets the better of Eli

AlexCross
09-10-2013, 05:04 PM
49ers
Texans
Saints
Patriots
Cowboys
Broncos

efmbman
09-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Lot's of picks out there so soon! No one waits for the injury report? j/k

USAF-Controller
09-10-2013, 06:40 PM
49er's Vs SeaHawks
Titans VS Texans
Saints VS Buccaneers
Jets Vs Patriots\
Cowboys Vs Chiefs
Broncos Vs Giants

Greg
09-10-2013, 07:51 PM
49er's Vs SeaHawks
Titans VS Texans
Saints VS Buccaneers
Jets Vs Patriots
Cowboys Vs Chiefs
Broncos Vs Giants

49er's
Texans
Saints
Patriots
Cowboys
Broncos

AlexCross
09-10-2013, 08:05 PM
YOu picked my exact picks. Must be a smart guy.

49er's
Texans
Saints
Patriots
Cowboys
Broncos

Pullinteeth
09-10-2013, 08:54 PM
49er's Vs SeaHawks
Titans VS Texans
Saints VS Buccaneers
Jets Vs Patriots
Cowboys Vs Chiefs
Broncos Vs Giants

Seagulls
Oilers
Aints
Pats
Cowgirls
Donkeys

RFScott
09-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Here are my picks for Week 2:

Seahawks
Texans
Saints
Patriots
Chiefs
Broncos

Monkey
09-11-2013, 09:35 AM
Week 2:

49ers
Texans
Saints
Patriots
Cowboys
Broncos

efmbman
09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
Week 2 picks:

New England
Houston
Dallas
New Orleans
Denver
Seattle

I notice we have two additions to this week: Pullinteeth and USAF-Controller. No problems here, and more are welcome to join in. The longer you wait to join in, the farther "in the hole" you will be.

Jumper5
09-14-2013, 12:02 PM
I am picking a little late this week and will spot you the Patriots win.

Seahawks
Texans
Saints
Chiefs
Broncos

efmbman
09-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Here are the standings after Week 2:

I think we need a set tie-breaker since we had two folks go 6-0 this week. Until we can decide on this (please make suggestions) I will let the overall record dictate. In this case, Measure Man and RFScott each went 6-0, but RFScott has the better overall record at 11-1. I'm not trying to move the goalposts - just adjusting for something I did not plan for.

Suggestion: Whoever is picking the games will also pick a 7th game for which we will do the closest to combined score without going over.

sandsjames
09-16-2013, 12:36 PM
Here are the standings after Week 2:

I think we need a set tie-breaker since we had two folks go 6-0 this week. Until we can decide on this (please make suggestions) I will let the overall record dictate. In this case, Measure Man and RFScott each went 6-0, but RFScott has the better overall record at 11-1. I'm not trying to move the goalposts - just adjusting for something I did not plan for.

Suggestion: Whoever is picking the games will also pick a 7th game for which we will do the closest to combined score without going over.

I think the total score of the Monday night game is the best way to go...

RFScott
09-16-2013, 01:43 PM
I think the total score of the Monday night game is the best way to go...

I second this. I would be down for submitting a total score for tonight's game to the Week 2 tiebreaker if MM is game.

Edit: My total score for tonight's game is 35.

sandsjames
09-16-2013, 01:56 PM
I second this. I would be down for submitting a total score for tonight's game to the Week 2 tiebreaker if MM is game.

Edit: My total score for tonight's game is 35.

Or, pick the winner, and if it's still a tie, then it comes down to total score...

Maybe every week everyone playing picks the Monday night game as the 7th game, with a score. It only comes into play if there is a tie in the first six. It only comes down to the score if it's still a tie. For instance, if there are three people tied going into Monday, 2 pick the winner and one picks the loser, the scores only come into play for the two who picked the winner. If only one picks the winner, the score doesn't matter, but the choices are made at the same time as all other picks.

RFScott
09-16-2013, 01:58 PM
Or, pick the winner, and if it's still a tie, then it comes down to total score...

Maybe every week everyone playing picks the Monday night game as the 7th game, with a score. It only comes into play if there is a tie in the first six. It only comes down to the score if it's still a tie. For instance, if there are three people tied going into Monday, 2 pick the winner and one picks the loser, the scores only come into play for the two who picked the winner. If only one picks the winner, the score doesn't matter, but the choices are made at the same time as all other picks.

Sounds even better to me. In that case, I pick the Bengals as the winner tonight, with the total score still at 35.

RFScott
09-16-2013, 02:51 PM
So who wins if the the combined score is less than 35? The person who is the closest?

efmbman
09-16-2013, 02:59 PM
So who wins if the the combined score is less than 35? The person who is the closest?

You are nothing but trouble!

sandsjames
09-16-2013, 05:29 PM

Yes...this isn't The Price is Right...lol...you can be over or under, just need to be closest.

efmbman
09-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Yes...this isn't The Price is Right...lol...you can be over or under, just need to be closest.

Well, that IS what he said...

Aye... and keeps us in line with the tie-breaker from last week:

To break the tie this week: closest total score without going over. If both guesses are over the total score, the one that is closest wins, agreed?

I will amend the OP to show the tie-breaker procedure for MNF tomorrow.

RFScott
09-17-2013, 03:20 AM
Alright....I will allow one more field goal to be scored in the Bengals/Steelers game but that is it! ;)

efmbman
09-17-2013, 11:20 AM
CIN 20 - PIT 10. Both guesses were over; RFScott picked closest with 35.

RFScott, you have the joy of picking our games for week 3.

RFScott
09-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Here are the games for Week 3:

Kansas City @ Philadelphia
New York Giants @ Carolina
Green Bay @ Cincinnati
Atlanta @ Miami
Jacksonville @ Seattle (one freebie)
Chicago @ Pittsburgh

Monday Night tiebreaker: Oakland @ Denver. Don't forget to submit the total score for this game as well.

sandsjames
09-17-2013, 01:03 PM
These are some tough picks, for the most part...I think I'll go for some upsets

Kansas City (I will never pick the Eagles, even if they were the greatest team to ever play)
New York
Cincinnati at
Miami
Seattle (I'm not dumb enough to go for an upset on this one)
Pittsburgh (they get on track, Cutler throws 3 interceptions and 1 fumble)

Monday Night: Denver....42 points total (I almost feel at a disadvantage, being the first person to give the score. Others can go with the 43 or the $1 Drew guesses. Oh well).

RFScott
09-17-2013, 01:26 PM
I tried to pick some tough ones this week, that is why I also threw in the Jags and Seahawks as a gimme...figured it wouldn't be too hard to pick a game involving the league's top scoring defense against the worst scoring offense in the NFL....especially with the Jags playing on the west coast for their second week in a row.

I've got most of my picks figured out, I am gonna take a little more time to mull over a few of the games. I wouldn't be surprised if Chicago gets beat; they have managed two come-from-behind wins so far, both at home. Now they get to travel to Pittsburgh to play a depleted Steelers team that is feeling desperate right now. I am ambivalent about Carolina and the Giants too....not sure if I want to make the homer pick and choose the Panthers, because if I do they will burn me again and lose on a last minute score...once again. I am leaning Giants right now since the Panthers secondary had quite a few injuries occur against Buffalo over the weekend, including a season-ending injury to starting safety Charles Godfrey. Not sure about KC and Philly either...the Eagles definitely have the offensive edge, while the Chiefs look much better on D. I would be willing to bet that in his return to Philadelphia, Andy Reid wants a win bad. Although I do think the Eagles have a slight advantage playing at home on a short turnaround. I will have to look at a few more things before I decide on those.

Oh yeah, and I will be taking Denver at home against the Raiders...just trying to hammer out my final score projection.

synergy_68
09-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Came across this site while bored at work.

Give me :

Philly
NYG
GB
ATL
SEA
CHI

Denver/52

Greg
09-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Some interesting games.

Kansas City
NYGiants
Green Bay
Atlanta
Seattle
Chicago

Denver, with a total score of 58.

RFScott
09-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Screw it...here are my picks for this week:

Eagles
Giants
Packers
Falcons
Seahawks
Bears

Broncos, total score of 65

sandsjames
09-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Screw it...here are my picks for this week:

Eagles
Giants
Packers
Falcons
Seahawks
Bears

Broncos, total score of 65

Way to go out on a ledge...lol

RFScott
09-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Way to go out on a ledge...lol

Yeah I feel like living dangerously today...I might even go for a drive...with the top down.

Pullinteeth
09-17-2013, 03:06 PM
Chefs
Giants
Fudge Packers
Atlanta
Seagulls
Steelers

Donkeys....135....oh wait, they will probably put their scrubs in after the first quarter-56

USMC0341
09-17-2013, 03:40 PM

Green Bay @ Cincinnati
Atlanta @ Miami
Chicago @ Pittsburgh

Monday Night tiebreaker: Oakland @ Denver. Don't forget to submit the total score for this game as well.

Philly
Giants
Packers
Atlanta
Seattle
Bears

Denver/58

USAF-Controller
09-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Green Bay @ Cincinnati
Atlanta @ Miami
Chicago @ Pittsburgh
Monday Night tiebreaker: Oakland @ Denver. 48 points

Monkey
09-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Philadelphia
New York Giants
Cincinnati
Atlanta
Seattle
Chicago

Denver 45

BENDER56
09-18-2013, 11:07 PM
Kansas City
New York Football Giants
Green Bay
Atlanta
Seattle
Chicago

MNF: Denver, 47

There hasn't been any reason for anyone to say "New York football Giants" since 1957. And Chris Berman just needs to stop.

efmbman
09-19-2013, 11:52 AM

Green Bay @ Cincinnati
Atlanta @ Miami
Chicago @ Pittsburgh

KC
NYG
CIN
ATL
SEA
PIT

MNF: DEN/46

AlexCross
09-19-2013, 10:25 PM
KC
NYG
GB
ATL
SEattle
Chi

Denver. 52

Jumper5
09-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Kansas City
New York Giants
Green Bay
Atlanta
Seattle
Chicago

Denver/49

efmbman
09-23-2013, 11:14 AM
Week 3 is in the books with several surprises:

No need for the MNF tie-breaker since sandsjames went 4-2. Nice pick on Miami; has you also picked Carolina I would have started thinking you were a witch or something!

The picks for Week 4 are your to make.

sandsjames
09-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Week 3 is in the books with several surprises:

No need for the MNF tie-breaker since sandsjames went 4-2. Nice pick on Miami; has you also picked Carolina I would have started thinking you were a witch or something!

The picks for Week 4 are your to make.

Ravens vs Bills
Seahawks vs Texans
Bears vs Lions
Redskins vs Raiders
Cowboys vs Chargers
Patriots vs Falcons

Monday Night -- Dolphins at Saints

Hopefully some tough picks in here.

I'll start it with the following:

Ravens
Texans
Lions
Redskins
Chargers
Falcons

Monday Night -- Saints...48 points total

synergy_68
09-24-2013, 06:41 AM
Ravens
Seahawks
Bears
Redskins
Cowboys
Falcons

Monday Night -- Saints w/ 38

Monkey
09-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Ravens
Seahawks
Bears
Raiders
Chargers
Falcons

Monday Night -- Saints...51 points total

USMC0341
09-24-2013, 02:52 PM
Ravens
Seahawks
Lions
Redskins
Cowboys
Falcons

Saints 35 total points (21-14 saints)

Measure Man
09-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Buffalo Bills
Seattle Seahawks
Chicago Bears
Washington Redskins
San Diego Chargers
Atlanta Falcons

MNF: Miami Dolphins, 28

Pullinteeth
09-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Bills
Seagulls
Da Bears
Skins
SuperChargers
Pats
Monday Night -- A'ints-47

Greg
09-25-2013, 02:28 PM
Ravens
Seahawks
Bears
Redskins
Cowboys
Patriots

Saints/42

RFScott
09-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Ravens
Seahawks
Lions
Redskins
Cowboys
Falcons

Saints/40

efmbman
09-26-2013, 01:41 PM
BAL
HOU
CHI
WAS
SD
NE

MNF: NO / 50

giggawatt
09-27-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm in! Here are my picks.

Ravens
Seahawks
Lions
Redskins
Cowboys
Patriots

Monday Night- Saints (44)

efmbman
09-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Who would have thought that after 4 weeks the Steelers would be 0-4 and the Chiefs would be 4-0? I would like to thank the Texans for crushing my spirit again...

Congrats to Pullinteeth for a 5-1 performance! You have the honor of picking our games for Week 5. We are now into the bye-weeks so picking will be more interesting.

Some of you did not post picks for this week. Your record will simply carry over since I added 0-0 to your season totals.

Pullinteeth
09-30-2013, 05:33 PM
I have twice tried to post my games for this week and neither time did they make the cut...for some reason, they seem to need mod approval-no links no nothing....

Here...lets just circumvent whatever is causing the issues and....

Lions vs. Fudge Packers
Seahawks vs. Colts
Ravens vs. Dolphins
Eagles vs. Giants
Texans vs. Niners
Panthers vs. Cards

Best part? No matter what I GUARANTEE my Vikings don't lose this week!!!

My picks;

Fudge Packers
Seagulls
Fins
G-men
Niners
Panthers

MNF-Falcons 48 total points

Cerberus
09-30-2013, 09:30 PM
Pullinteeth. My guess at this point is that your prior posts got caught in the auto-censor for the Packer's rename.

Cerberus
09-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Oh, and as a former Vikings fan, I have this to say about the team that turned me off pro-football for good. If they are guaranteed to win, they will find a way to lose.

sandsjames
10-01-2013, 12:08 AM
I have twice tried to post my games for this week and neither time did they make the cut...for some reason, they seem to need mod approval-no links no nothing....

Lions vs. Fudge Packers
Seahawks vs. Colts
Ravens vs. Dolphins
Eagles vs. Giants
Texans vs. Niners

Best part? No matter what I GUARANTEE my Vikings don't lose this week!!!

Packers
Colts
Dolphins
Eagles
Niners

efmbman
10-01-2013, 12:23 AM
Lions vs. Fudge Packers
Seahawks vs. Colts
Ravens vs. Dolphins
Eagles vs. Giants
Texans vs. Niners

We need one more game please.

sandsjames
10-01-2013, 12:25 AM
We need one more game please.

And what's the Monday night game?

Monkey
10-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Packers
Colts
Dolphins
Eagles
Niners
Panthers

Falcons - 41 points

efmbman
10-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Let's refrain from posting picks until we get the 6th game for Week 5. Plenty of time, and I'm sure Pullinteeth will see this at some point today.

Pullinteeth
10-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Let's refrain from posting picks until we get the 6th game for Week 5. Plenty of time, and I'm sure Pullinteeth will see this at some point today.

Sorry....apparently the system was autorejecting my posts so when I did it the third time, I was a bit rushed...and missed one.

efmbman
10-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Sorry....apparently the system was autorejecting my posts so when I did it the third time, I was a bit rushed...and missed one.

No worries, not your fault. I just did not want to have to sort through posts showing 5 picks and then match up the remaining pick.
sandsjames and Monkey please take note of the 6th game and update your posts.

Thanks!

sandsjames
10-01-2013, 09:58 PM
No worries, not your fault. I just did not want to have to sort through posts showing 5 picks and then match up the remaining pick.
sandsjames and Monkey please take note of the 6th game and update your posts.

Thanks!
Packers
Colts
Dolphins
Eagles
Niners
Panthers

Falcons...42 points

Measure Man
10-01-2013, 10:48 PM

Lions vs. Fudge Packers
Seahawks vs. Colts
Ravens vs. Dolphins
Eagles vs. Giants
Texans vs. Niners
Panthers vs. Cards

Green Bay Packers
Seattle Seahawks
Miami Dolphins
Philadelphia Eagles
San Francisco 49ers
Arizona Cardinals

MNF: Atlanta Falcons: 38 points.

Measure Man
10-01-2013, 10:50 PM
My first post was moderated, I think it went like this:

Packers
Seahawks
Dolphins
Eagles
49ers
Cardinals

MNF: Falcons, 38 points.

Monkey
10-02-2013, 12:03 PM
Packers
Colts
Dolphins
Eagles
Niners
Panthers

Falcons - 41 points

Updated.

Pullinteeth
10-02-2013, 12:25 PM
My first post was moderated, I think it went like this:

Packers
Seahawks
Dolphins
Eagles
49ers
Cardinals

MNF: Falcons, 38 points.

I am pretty sure the moderators hate Green Bay....

Cerberus
10-02-2013, 12:32 PM
MM, your first post got "moderated" because it quoted Pullin's post...same problem with the auto-censor and the packer's name.

I can only speak for myself and say that I don't "hate" green bay...the cheese hat thing is a little weird, though. :)

RFScott
10-02-2013, 01:09 PM
Week 5 Picks:

Packers
Colts
Ravens
Eagles
49ers
Panthers

Falcons/40

efmbman
10-02-2013, 05:04 PM
Detroit
Seattle
Miami
New York Giants
Houston
Arizona

Atlanta / 39

USMC0341
10-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Packers
Colts
Dolphins
Giants (can they really go 0-5?)
Texans
Panthers

Falcons 44

synergy_68
10-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Packers
Seahawks
Ravens
Eagles
Texans
Panthers

Falcons with 31 points

grimreaper
10-03-2013, 06:23 PM
I finally get to watch the Bills tonight.
Usually they only play the vikings and p*ckers
around these parts. Buffalo is looking pretty
good this year and yes I still have nightmares
of them losing 4 straight superbowls!

Yahoo Sports http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/buffalo-bills-cleveland-browns-20131003005/

Tak is a Bills fan? I love you (no homo, lol).

I'm a Bills fan as well. I didn't think it was possible for a sports team to be the cause a medical condition, but I finally realized that I've been suffering from PTSD for many, many years thanks to them.

grimreaper
10-03-2013, 06:37 PM
If they could have just won one of those, with the team they had.
Almost all my extended family live in and around Hamburg, Derby
And surrounding areas. I went to see them play the colts in 97
When the colts sucked. I watched the full game when they came
Back to beat the oilers. Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, biscuit, Bruce
Smith, Andre reed, Steve tasker, etc man those were the days!

I'm from around the Syracuse area myself. Ah, the good ol' days...they were truly one of the most dominate teams in the NFL for a good number of years built around those core players. Hard to believe that with all that talent they just couldn't win that last game. The most heartbreaking by far was the first one (Superbowl 25 against the Giants). I absolutely believe that the Bills were the better team that year, but the better team doesn't always win.

USMC0341
10-03-2013, 06:47 PM
Ok you two Bills fans, how does Fred Jackson do tonight? Do you think he will get the majority of touches since he has the lesser of two injuries between him and Spiller? Most important; Do I put him in my Fantasy Football lineup?

grimreaper
10-03-2013, 06:49 PM
"Laces Out!!!"

- Ray Finkle

LOL,

Mrs. Finkle: It was all that Dan Marino's fault, everyone knows that. If he had held the ball, laces out, like he was supposed to, Ray would never have missed that kick. Dan Marino should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?

grimreaper
10-03-2013, 08:00 PM
I'm with Tak. Spiller's ankle is still banged up and I think Fred Jackson is utilized more in the short yardage game more often, which would put him in more of the scoring situations.

efmbman
10-03-2013, 10:38 PM
I didn't think it was possible for a sports team to be the cause a medical condition, but I finally realized that I've been suffering from PTSD for many, many years thanks to them.

Me, too - but in a different way...

January 3, 1993. AFC Wild Card Playoff, Houston Oilers @ Buffalo Bills. Houston enjoys a 35 - 3 lead early in the 3rd quarter. Buffalo scores 35 points and a Houston field goal ends regulation with a tie game 38 - 38. Buffalo wins in OT. Buffalo advances to Super Bowl XXVII losing to the Dallas Cowboys and probably prevented an all-Texas Super Bowl.

grimreaper
10-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Me, too - but in a different way...

January 3, 1993. AFC Wild Card Playoff, Houston Oilers @ Buffalo Bills. Houston enjoys a 35 - 3 lead early in the 3rd quarter. Buffalo scores 35 points and a Houston field goal ends regulation with a tie game 38 - 38. Buffalo wins in OT. Buffalo advances to Super Bowl XXVII losing to the Dallas Cowboys and probably prevented an all-Texas Super Bowl.

Ah, yes...one of the few good playoff memories for Bills fans. If I remeber correctly, the 3rd quarter opened with Frank Reich getting picked of for an Oilers TD. At that point, I turned off the TV out of disgust. I turned it back on like 10 minutes later after I cooled off, and they had started coming back. One of the craziest games I've ever watched.

giggawatt
10-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Packers
Seahawks
Dolphins
Eagles
Niners
Panthers

MNF-Falcons 41 points

giggawatt
10-04-2013, 07:11 AM
LOL,

Whaddaya know? They're little footballs!

Greg
10-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Lions
Seahawks
Dolphins
Giants
Niners
Panthers
Falcons/44

efmbman
10-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Week 5 is in the books (and wow I took a beating!!):

Congrats to RFScott for posting a 5-1 record (and an overall record of 21-9 for the season, leading the pack). The task of picking our games for Week 6 is yours.

Measure Man
10-07-2013, 03:20 PM
I support cause but dislike color.

It is being overdone.

Alright already...everyone is aware of breast cancer

Pullinteeth
10-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Whoda thunk the Jetts would pull it off?

Monkey
10-08-2013, 01:09 PM

Certainly nobody on this thread.

sandsjames
10-08-2013, 01:15 PM

The Saints have a 4 game lead after 5 games. They could clinch by Thanksgiving...lol

efmbman
10-08-2013, 07:18 PM
The Saints have a 4 game lead after 5 games. They could clinch by Thanksgiving...lol

Indeed... and remember when the NFC East was powerful? As of now, there are 3 teams with as many wins as the entire NFC East!

RFScott
10-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Here are the game for this week:

Giants @ Bears
Bengals @ Bills
Packers @ Ravens
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers
Redskins @ Cowboys

Dont forget the Monday night game: Colts @ Chargers

synergy_68
10-09-2013, 06:43 AM
Bears
Bengals
Packers
Saints
49ers
Cowboyws
Colts, total score: 51

Monkey
10-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Bears
Bills
Packers
Patriots
49ers
Cowboys

Colts - 50 points

sandsjames
10-09-2013, 11:51 AM
Here are the game for this week:

Giants @ Bears
Bengals @ Bills
Packers @ Ravens
Saints @ Patriots
Cardinals @ 49ers
Redskins @ Cowboys

Dont forget the Monday night game: Colts @ Chargers

Giants (they gotta win sometime)
Bills
Ravens
Saints
49ers
Cowboys

Colts (60 pts)

Measure Man
10-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Giants
Bills
Packers
Saints
49ers
Redskins

Colts. 32

Pullinteeth
10-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Bears
Bungles
Fudge Packers
Pats
Niners
Friggin Cowgirls

Colts 64

USMC0341
10-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Bears
Bills
Packers
Saints
Niners
Redskins

Chargers 58

giggawatt
10-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Bears
Bengals
Packers
Patriots
49ers
Cowboys

Colts 52

RFScott
10-09-2013, 10:28 PM
Bears
Bengals
Packers
Saints
49ers
Cowboys

Colts/55

Greg
10-10-2013, 02:20 AM
Bears
Bengals
Packers
Saints
49ers
Cowboys

Colts/44

efmbman
10-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Chicago
Buffalo
Green Bay
New England
San Francisco
Dallas

IND / 54

Pullinteeth
10-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Giants (they gotta win sometime)
Bills
Ravens
Saints
49ers
Cowboys

Colts (60 pts)

I used that logic last week...turned out the same for me... Hopefully they don't get a W next week either.

sandsjames
10-12-2013, 12:12 PM
I used that logic last week...turned out the same for me... Hopefully they don't get a W next week either.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. I guess I just can't believe they've fallen that far.

giggawatt
10-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Did anyone pick this one correctly?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1269690_604089022971123_438565667_o.png

efmbman
10-14-2013, 12:15 PM
OK... we have the MNF game to break the tie. @Pullinteeth (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=31105) and @giggawatt (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=70825) went 6-0 in their picks.

Pullinteeth: 64 points
giggawatt: 52 points

Closest total score without going over, wins. If both guesses are over the total score, the one that is closest wins.

giggawatt
10-15-2013, 08:00 AM
OK... we have the MNF game to break the tie. @Pullinteeth (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=31105) and @giggawatt (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=70825) went 6-0 in their picks.

Pullinteeth: 64 points
giggawatt: 52 points

Closest total score without going over, wins. If both guesses are over the total score, the one that is closest wins.

I guess we have a bit of a problem. The total score was 28 in the MNF game. Now what happens?

sandsjames
10-15-2013, 12:01 PM
I guess we have a bit of a problem. The total score was 28 in the MNF game. Now what happens?

Gig...you were closest, so you win.

Pullinteeth
10-15-2013, 12:35 PM
Curses!! Course whodda thunk the Colts would shit the bed like they did...Course every time I think Colts, I still think Manning...(the good one not Eli)....

Mjölnir
10-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Tom Brady got the Saints. I did not like it, but the last drive by New England was pretty good.

giggawatt
10-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Gig...you were closest, so you win.

That's what I figured but the rules stated without going over so I questioned.

WooHoo!

efmbman
10-15-2013, 03:42 PM
giggawatt has the task of picking our games for Week 7. Congrats! And nice job to Pullinteeth as well; as we have seen it is not easy to go 6-0.

For clarity, I have stopped showing the records for those that have not submitted picks for the last 3 weeks. You guys are welcome to join in again anytime.

Pullinteeth
10-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Tom Brady got the Saints. I did not like it, but the last drive by New England was pretty good.

To be perfectly honest, I picked the Pats mainly because the A'ints are a dome team and while it isn't THAT cold up there in NE yet, I figured it was worth at least a couple of points...

Mjölnir
10-15-2013, 05:18 PM
To be perfectly honest, I picked the Pats mainly because the A'ints are a dome team and while it isn't THAT cold up there in NE yet, I figured it was worth at least a couple of points...

The chill shouldn't have been that bad, what was it? In the 50's?

"A'ints" whoa whoa whoa. Anyone who says I am not patient as a mod should note my restraint ;)

Pullinteeth
10-15-2013, 06:04 PM
The chill shouldn't have been that bad, what was it? In the 50's?

"A'ints" whoa whoa whoa. Anyone who says I am not patient as a mod should note my restraint ;)

True but an edge is an edge no matter how small...

As someone that spend 2 years in the NO area-BEFORE they won a SB, I can tell you that A'ints was/is pretty common nomenclature even for those that consider themselves fans of the franchise....

giggawatt
10-15-2013, 06:14 PM
For this week's games, I'm going with

Cincinatti @ Detroit
Buffalo @ Miami
Dallas @ Philadelphia
St. Louis @ Carolina
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
Denver @ Indianapolis

The MNF game is Minnesota @ New York

None of these games should be easy picks except for maybe the Denver/Indy game but I figure Denver is due for a loss and who better to have a chance to beat them first. Hell the Jags hung with them.

My pics are:
Cincy
Miami
Dallas
Carolina
Baltimore
Indy with the upset

MNF: NYG 37

Pullinteeth
10-15-2013, 07:25 PM
Bungles
Fins
Eagles?
Rams
Ravens
Donkeys (Broncos not the other ones)

Skol Vikings!!!! 28

Measure Man
10-16-2013, 03:37 AM
Cincinnati
Miami
Philadelphia
St. Louis
Baltimore
Denver

New York, 18

Monkey
10-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Detroit
Miami
Philadelphia
Carolina
Baltimore
Denver

Minnesota - 45 points

USMC0341
10-16-2013, 09:44 AM
Detroit
Miami
Dallas
Carolina
Pittsburgh
Broncos

Giants 52

Greg
10-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Lions
Dophins
Eagles
Rams
Squeelers
Broncos

NYGiants 47

RFScott
10-16-2013, 09:56 PM
Cincinatti
Miami
Philadelphia
Carolina
Baltimore
Denver

New York / 45

sandsjames
10-17-2013, 01:31 PM
For this week's games, I'm going with

Cincinatti @ Detroit
Buffalo @ Miami
Dallas @ Philadelphia
St. Louis @ Carolina
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh
Denver @ Indianapolis

The MNF game is Minnesota @ New York

My pics are:
Cincy
Miami
Dallas
Carolina
Baltimore
Indy with the upset

MNF: NYG 37

Detroit
Buffalo
Philly
Carolina
Baltimore
Indy

Monday Night: I guess someone has to win...Minnesota...32

efmbman
10-17-2013, 02:15 PM
DET
MIA
PHI
STL
BAL
DEN

MIN / 30

Tough week coming I think...

efmbman
10-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Tough week coming I think...

That was beyond tough... that was brutal. I have the distinction of posting the first 0-6 week.

But, we also have a repeat weekly winner: giggawatt, with a 4-2, gets to pick again. Well done!

Pullinteeth
10-21-2013, 04:32 PM
With most of the games being so closely matched, I don't think many were absolute shockers they were just fairly close calls-though I was pretty surprised that the Colts pulled off the close one-figured the Donkeys would have won a close one....

giggawatt
10-21-2013, 07:17 PM
That was beyond tough... that was brutal. I have the distinction of posting the first 0-6 week.

But, we also have a repeat weekly winner: giggawatt, with a 4-2, gets to pick again. Well done!

I did mean for it to be tough but we're well into the season so it should be easier to pick the tough matchups to call. Judging from the results, looked like a brutal week! I'll have my matchups ready soon.

Monkey
10-22-2013, 10:56 AM

As a collective we were 16-38 for the week. I don't think Vegas will be turning to us for advice on setting the odds anytime soon.

Pullinteeth
10-22-2013, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure how Jon Gruden was able to even talk last night...he was sucking so much Giant dick....

efmbman
10-24-2013, 12:21 PM
I'll have my matchups ready soon.

Psst! It's Thursday...

Mjölnir
10-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Psst! It's Thursday...

Don't you mean .... :)

giggawatt
10-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Tougher to pick em this week.

NYG @ Philly
Cowgirls @ Detroit
Miami @ NE
Shittsburgh @ Oaktown
The GD Jets @ Cincy
A-Town @ Arizona

My picks:

Philly
Cowgirlies
Pats
Stealers
Cincy
Dirty Birds

MNF: Seattle (45)

Good luck!

sandsjames
10-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Philly
Detroit
NE
Oakland
Cincy
Arizona

Monday Night -- Seattle over St Louis (44pts)

USMC0341
10-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Philly
Cowboys
Patriots
Pittsburgh
Cincy
Arizona

Seattle 52 points

Mjölnir
10-24-2013, 01:46 PM
VIKINGS

oh wait.

sandsjames
10-24-2013, 02:35 PM
VIKINGS

oh wait.

Please stay on topic and try to avoid trollish posts.

Measure Man
10-24-2013, 03:22 PM
Eagles
Lions
Patriots
Raiders
Bengals
Falcons

MNF: Seahawks: 32

efmbman
10-24-2013, 06:50 PM
NYG
DET
NE
OAK
NYJ
ARI

MNF: SEA / 40

Monkey
10-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Eagles
Lions
Patriots
Raiders
Bengals
Cardinals

MNF: Seattle 38

Greg
10-25-2013, 01:21 AM
NYGiants
Lions
Patriots
Squeelers
Bengals
Falcons

Seattle/45

RFScott
10-27-2013, 01:31 AM
Philly
Cowgirls
NE
Pittsburgh
Cincy
Atlanta

Seattle / 45

efmbman
10-28-2013, 11:25 AM
Some blowouts and comebacks this weekend - overall we collectively did better than the disaster that was last week!
Monkey and I tied this week with 5-1. MNF wil decide it.

efmbman
10-29-2013, 10:09 AM
3569 Monkey wins the tiebreaker - congrats! After the beatings I took in recent weeks I am very content with my 5-1.

Week 9 also has six teams on "bye", make picks more interesting.

sandsjames
10-29-2013, 10:18 AM
3569 Monkey wins the tiebreaker - congrats! After the beatings I took in recent weeks I am very content with my 5-1.

Week 9 also has six teams on "bye", make picks more interesting.

Just want to point out I was also 5-1. You didn't mark my Detroit over Dallas as a win...still lost the tiebreaker though...

Monkey
10-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Doing my best to pick the most even matchups:

Bengals @ Dolphins
Titans @ Rams
Chargers @ Redskins
Eagles @ Raiders
Ravens @ Browns
Colts @ Texans

I'll take:

Bengals
Titans
Redskins
Eagles
Ravens
Colts

MNF: GB - 52 points

USMC0341
10-29-2013, 10:35 AM
bengals
titans
chargers (this hurts as the skins are my team)
raiders
ravens
colts

packers 48

sandsjames
10-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Doing my best to pick the most even matchups:

Bengals @ Dolphins
Titans @ Rams
Chargers @ Redskins
Eagles @ Raiders
Ravens @ Browns
Colts @ Texans

I'll take:

Bengals
Titans
Redskins
Eagles
Ravens
Colts

MNF: GB - 52 points

Bengals
Titans
Redskins
Raiders
Browns
Colts

MNF: Chicago - 40 pts

efmbman
10-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Just want to point out I was also 5-1. You didn't mark my Detroit over Dallas as a win...still lost the tiebreaker though...

Very sorry! Thanks for catching that and I will adjust the standings accordingly.

sandsjames
10-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Very sorry! Thanks for catching that and I will adjust the standings accordingly.No problem...I didn't even realize it. I was surprised I picked Detroit.

Measure Man
10-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Bengals
Rams
Redskins
Eagles
Browns
Colts

MNF: Packers--32 points[/QUOTE]

giggawatt
10-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Bengals
Chargers
Titans
Eagles
Ravens
Colts

MNF: Packers (43)

efmbman
10-31-2013, 05:35 PM
CIN
STL
SD
OAK
BAL
HOU

GB / 30

Monkey
11-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Apparently nobody will run the table this week.

efmbman
11-04-2013, 12:31 PM
sandsjames, Monkey and Measure Man went 4-2 so we await the results of MNF. I managed the second 0-6 week.

efmbman
11-05-2013, 01:51 PM
3592 sandsjames wins the MNF tiebreaker and thus has the joy of picking the games for Week 10. Gongrats!

We are almost done with the bye-weeks, more than halfway through the season.

Measure Man
11-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I managed the second 0-6 week.

Kind of impressive, in a way.

efmbman
11-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Kind of impressive, in a way.

Well there are 7 week to go... let's see what I can do.

sandsjames
11-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Week 10 matchups

Bills at Steelers
Raiders at Giants
Lions at Bears
Broncos at Chargers
Cowboys at Saints
Texans at Cardinals

Monday Night Matchup is Dolphins at Bucs

Absinthe Anecdote
11-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Steelers
Giants
Bears
Broncos
Cowboys
Texans

MNF
Dolphins (32 pts)

Measure Man
11-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Bills
Giants
Lions
Broncos
Saints
Texans

Monday Night Matchup: Dolphins, 38 points

sandsjames
11-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Bills
Giants
Lions
Chargers
Saints
Cards

Monday-Dolphins 42

Monkey
11-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Steelers
Giants
Lions
Broncos
Saints
Cardinals

Monday Night: Dolphins/40 points

Greg
11-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Bills
Raiders
Lions
Broncos
Saints
Texans

Dolphins/40

efmbman
11-07-2013, 06:18 PM
PIT
NYG
CHI
DEN
NO
STL

MNF: MIA / 30
@Greg (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=74882): Monkey has MIA/40pts for the tiebreak game... might want to pick a different score. It would be just our luck that it is tied up and we need the MNF game for you two!

Greg
11-08-2013, 12:46 AM
efmbman. Yeah, I realized it after I made my picks. We differ on the Sunday games, though. But always...

Dolphins/38

giggawatt
11-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Bills
Raiders
Lions
Broncos
Saints
Texans

Monday Night Matchup
Dolphins (37)

efmbman
11-08-2013, 11:58 AM
@efmbman (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=76061). Yeah, I realized it after I made my picks. We differ on the Sunday games, though. But always...

Dolphins/38

Thanks... but that is what Measure Man picked lol. No biggie I suppose...

USMC0341
11-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Steelers
Giants
Lions
Chargers
Saints
Cardinals

Dolphins 31

Measure Man
11-08-2013, 02:16 PM
PIT
NYG
CHI
DEN
NO
STL

MNF: MIA / 40

@Greg (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=74882): Monkey has MIA/40pts for the tiebreak game... might want to pick a different score. It would be just our luck that it is tied up and we need the MNF game for you two!

Wait...so you told greg not to pick MIA and 40, cuz Monkey had that...and then you pick....MIA/40??? LOL

efmbman
11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
Wait...so you told greg not to pick MIA and 40, cuz Monkey had that...and then you pick....MIA/40??? LOL

GEEZ! I must have had 40 on the brain. In the spreadsheet I use to track all this I have MIA / 30. I will edit my post. Sorry!

Measure Man
11-08-2013, 05:53 PM
GEEZ! I must have had 40 on the brain. In the spreadsheet I use to track all this I have MIA / 30. I will edit my post. Sorry!

Don't be sorry...gave me a good laugh for my morning.

efmbman
11-12-2013, 11:21 AM

Congrats to Monkey for a 6-0 week! That also puts you in overall 1st place with 39-21 on the season. sandsjames is right behind you with 38-22.

Monkey
11-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Week 11:

Colts @ Titans
Ravens @ Bears
Lions @ Steelers
Chargers @ Dolphins
49ers @ Saints
Chiefs @ Broncos

MNF--Patriots @ Panthers

My picks:

Colts
Bears
Lions
Dolphins
Saints
Broncos

Patriots - 46 points

Measure Man
11-12-2013, 05:48 PM
Wow...week 11 already?

Colts
Bears
Lions
Chargers
Saints
Broncos

Patriots--51 points

USMC0341
11-13-2013, 11:35 AM
titans
bears
lions
chargers
saints
chiefs

panthers 42

sandsjames
11-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Colts
Bears
Lions
Chargers
49ers
Chiefs

Monday Night -- Patriots -- 36

Absinthe Anecdote
11-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Week 11:

Colts
Ravens
Lions
Dolphins
Saints
Broncos

MNF--Patriots 37

efmbman
11-14-2013, 07:02 PM
IND
CHI
DET
MIA
NO
KC
MNF: NE / 40

Greg
11-17-2013, 02:35 PM
Colts
Ravens
Lions
Chargers
Saints
Broncos

Patriots/44

efmbman
11-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Monkey takes the week again, this time going 5-1! Congrats!
Greg: good call picking the Colts... too bad they played 2 days prior :)

sandsjames
11-18-2013, 12:38 PM

Ouch...bad week for me

Greg
11-18-2013, 01:49 PM

Ha-ha-ha. What can I say? With the rec-center in the a.m., classes, and my internship, my days are loaded. :spankme:

Monkey
11-19-2013, 08:41 AM
WEEK 12 (<--I am just as shocked as you)

Bears @ Rams
Colts @ Cardinals
Titans @ Raiders
Steelers @ Browns
Cowboys @ Giants
Broncos @ Patriots

MNF - 49ers @ Redskins

Absinthe Anecdote
11-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Bears
Colts
Titans
Browns
Giants
Patriots

MNF

Skins 27

Monkey
11-19-2013, 01:23 PM
I cannot believe that I am picking some of these teams but...

Bears
Cards
Raiders
Browns
Giants
Broncos

MNF

49ers - 48 points

USMC0341
11-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Rams
Colts
Raiders
Steelers
Cowboys
Broncos

49ers 46

sandsjames
11-21-2013, 02:47 PM
WEEK 12 (<--I am just as shocked as you)

Bears @ Rams
Colts @ Cardinals
Titans @ Raiders
Steelers @ Browns
Cowboys @ Giants
Broncos @ Patriots

MNF - 49ers @ Redskins

Rams
Colts
Raiders
Steelers
Giants
Patriots

49ers -- 38

Greg
11-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Bears
Colts
Raiders
Browns
Giants
Patiots

49ers/42

efmbman
11-21-2013, 04:14 PM
CHI
IND
TEN
PIT
NYG
NE

MNF: WAS / 30

Measure Man
11-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Bears
Colts
Titans
Browns
Giants
Broncos

MNF - Redskins--22 points

efmbman
11-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Another tough week for the gang. Collectively, we are 14-28 this week. We have a 3-way tie for the week: sandsjames, USMC0341 and myself all went 3-3. Until tomorrow...

Greg
11-25-2013, 01:51 PM
Another tough week for the gang. Collectively, we are 14-28 this week. We have a 3-way tie for the week: sandsjames, USMC0341 and myself all went 3-3. Until tomorrow...

Not the only ones. A couple of the local sports 'scribes, and radio talk show hosts are biting the bullet.

About a month ago, two talk show hosts, on a national show, were arguing that parity has truly arrived in the NFL.

efmbman
11-26-2013, 11:28 AM

Interesting week (again!). The score was 27-6 (33 total). I would be closest without going over, but I picked WAS to win. Odd that we all keep picking a team as a winner when the adopted rule was total points without going over (see post #51)...

If the actual winner is required, then @sandsjames (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=14477) would take it - which is fine by me, I don't like to pick the games because I feel I pick a game because I think I already know which team will win.
@sandsjames (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=14477) - do you want to do the picks?

sandsjames
11-26-2013, 12:14 PM

Interesting week (again!). The score was 27-6 (33 total). I would be closest without going over, but I picked WAS to win. Odd that we all keep picking a team as a winner when the adopted rule was total points without going over (see post #51)...

If the actual winner is required, then @sandsjames (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=14477) would take it - which is fine by me, I don't like to pick the games because I feel I pick a game because I think I already know which team will win.
@sandsjames (http://forums.militarytimes.com/member.php?u=14477) - do you want to do the picks?

No, that's fine. It's yours. Doesn't matter who you pick. It's just the score. I just throw the team in for my own satisfaction.

efmbman
11-26-2013, 01:04 PM
No, that's fine. It's yours. Doesn't matter who you pick. It's just the score. I just throw the team in for my own satisfaction.

Alrighty.... thanks. I will probably choose games that have playoff implications just to keep it emotional :)

efmbman
11-26-2013, 02:41 PM
All the bye weeks are behind us (I don't like the bye's!) I hate ties as well... but that's another topic.

Here are the games for Week 13:

PIT (5-6) @ BAL (5-6) - PIT won last meeting; it is a given that either DEN or KC will be a wild-card, so these two are gunning for the 6 seed.
DEN (9-2) @ KC (9-2) - DEN won last meeting and want the sweep; split and the division goes to the winner probably.
TEN (5-6) @ IND (7-4) - IND won last meeting and sweep all but wins the division; TEN is the 6 seed right now and wants to keep it.
ARI (7-4) @ PHI (6-5) - ARI was the 6 seed until SF won on MNF, they are in the hunt but a loss would hurt; PHI will have to win the division to make the post season so a win is crucial.
MIA (5-6) @ NYJ (5-6) - will meet again in week 17 so tiebreakers are important; both in the hunt for last wild card presuming DEN/KC is the other.
NO (9-2) @ SEA (10-1) - tiebreaker implications for home field; possible NFC Championship game preview.

* I did choose the MNF game. We can still use the points as the tiebreaker. If anyone objects to using the MNF game as a "pick em" I will find another game. This one was too sweet to pass up though.

Measure Man
11-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Baltimore
Denver
Indianapolis
Arizona
New York Jets
New Orleans

MNF 57 points

Monkey
11-26-2013, 03:18 PM
efmbman, I like the train of thought on picking the games.

Baltimore
Denver
Indianapolis
Philadelphia
New York Jets
Seattle

MNF 47 points

USMC0341
11-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Pittsburgh
Denver
Titans
Cards
Miami
Seattle

Greg
11-26-2013, 07:34 PM
Squeelers
Broncos
Colts
Cardinals
Dolphins
Seahawks/48

sandsjames
11-27-2013, 11:48 AM
All the bye weeks are behind us (I don't like the bye's!) I hate ties as well... but that's another topic.

Here are the games for Week 13:

PIT (5-6) @ BAL (5-6) - PIT won last meeting; it is a given that either DEN or KC will be a wild-card, so these two are gunning for the 6 seed.
DEN (9-2) @ KC (9-2) - DEN won last meeting and want the sweep; split and the division goes to the winner probably.
TEN (5-6) @ IND (7-4) - IND won last meeting and sweep all but wins the division; TEN is the 6 seed right now and wants to keep it.
ARI (7-4) @ PHI (6-5) - ARI was the 6 seed until SF won on MNF, they are in the hunt but a loss would hurt; PHI will have to win the division to make the post season so a win is crucial.
MIA (5-6) @ NYJ (5-6) - will meet again in week 17 so tiebreakers are important; both in the hunt for last wild card presuming DEN/KC is the other.
NO (9-2) @ SEA (10-1) - tiebreaker implications for home field; possible NFC Championship game preview.

* I did choose the MNF game. We can still use the points as the tiebreaker. If anyone objects to using the MNF game as a "pick em" I will find another game. This one was too sweet to pass up though.

Baltimore
KC
Titans
Eagles
Miami
Seattle - 50 pts

efmbman
11-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Squeelers
Broncos
Colts
Cardinals
Dolphins
Seahawks
Greg: need a points total for MNF please.

efmbman
11-27-2013, 12:01 PM
BAL
KC
TEN
ARI
NYJ
NO

MNF: 60 points

Greg
11-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Greg: need a points total for MNF please.

Done.

efmbman
12-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Monkey (5-1) wins Week 13 - congrats! That's 3 out of the last 4 weeks for you. A trip to Vega$ may be a good idea.

No more bye weeks - everyone plays every week.

Monkey
12-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Monkey (5-1) wins Week 13 - congrats! That's 3 out of the last 4 weeks for you. A trip to Vega$ may be a good idea.

No more bye weeks - everyone plays every week.

If only I had this much fortune when it came to WAPS testing...

Sticking with the meaningful game theme:

Bengals @ Colts
Lions @ Eagles
Dolphins @ Steelers
Seahawks @ 49ers
Panthers @ Saints
Cowboys @ Bears (also happens to be the MNF game this week)

sandsjames
12-04-2013, 01:00 PM
If only I had this much fortune when it came to WAPS testing...

Sticking with the meaningful game theme:

Bengals @ Colts
Lions @ Eagles
Dolphins @ Steelers
Seahawks @ 49ers
Panthers @ Saints
Cowboys @ Bears (also happens to be the MNF game this week)

Bengals
Lions
Steelers
49ers (can't pick against them, even knowing what's probably going to happen
Saints
Bears (45 points).

Monkey
12-05-2013, 10:02 AM
Bengals
Eagles
Steelers
49ers
Saints
Bears (50 points)

efmbman
12-05-2013, 11:34 AM
CIN
DET
PIT
SEA
CAR
DAL (47 points)

Greg
12-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Bengals
Eagles
Steelers
49ers
Saints
Cowboys/44

Measure Man
12-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Colts
Eagles
Dolphins
Seahawks
Saints
Bears......32 points

efmbman
12-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Colts
Eagles
Dolphins
Seahawks
Saints
Bears......44 points

Greg picked 44 points for MNF... it may not come down to that to break a tie, but it has happened before.

Measure Man
12-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Greg picked 44 points for MNF... it may not come down to that to break a tie, but it has happened before.

Okay...changed it to 32. I was thinking since we had different teams it didn't matter. But, since the MNF is part of the 6 choices...we could end up in a tie I guess.

USMC0341
12-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Bengals
Lions
Steelers
Seahawks
Saints
Cowboys 60

efmbman
12-10-2013, 11:04 AM
For the fourth time in five weeks, Monkey wins:

3 weeks to go...

sandsjames
12-10-2013, 11:27 AM

3 weeks to go...

Dammit Monkey, you're making it tough...

Monkey
12-10-2013, 12:57 PM

3 weeks to go...

Wow! I normally stink at this kind of thing. I'm sure if money were involved the outcome would be drastically different.

Alright, as far as I can tell there aren't really six competitive games with playoff implications so they may not all be exciting. I will do my best to pretend they are:

Bears (7-6) @ Browns (4-9) - Nobody seems to want the NFC North crown as it's still up for grabs. The Browns have played everybody tough and might have the right defense to shut the Bears down.

Bengals (9-4) @ Steelers (5-8) - If the Steelers lose this one, their playoff chances will disappear.

Packers (6-6-1) @ Cowboys (7-6) - According to the experts, this one is all about whether or not Aaron Rogers can knock the rust off. This is a must win for the Cowboys.

Patriots (10-3) @ Dolphins (7-6) - If the Dolphins can steal this one, a light remaining schedule gives them a great shot at a wildcard spot.

Cardinals (8-5) @ Titans (5-8) - The Titans aren't rolling over for anyone and the Cardinals have a daunting final stretch. They need a little help to get in to the playoffs and they cannot afford a let down of their own.

Ravens (7-6) @ Lions (7-6) - Neither team can afford to lose this game. Also happens to be the MNF game

Greg
12-10-2013, 01:21 PM
Browns
Bengals
Packers
Patriots
Cardinals
Ravens/48

sandsjames
12-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Bears (7-6) @ Browns (4-9) - Nobody seems to want the NFC North crown as it's still up for grabs. The Browns have played everybody tough and might have the right defense to shut the Bears down.

Bengals (9-4) @ Steelers (5-8) - If the Steelers lose this one, there playoff chances will disappear.

Packers (6-6-1) @ Cowboys (7-6) - According to the experts, this one is all about whether or not Aaron Rogers can knock the rust off. This is a must win for the Cowboys.

Patriots (10-3) @ Dolphins (7-6) - If the Dolphins can steal this one, a light remaining schedule gives them a great shot at a wildcard spot.

Cardinals (8-5) @ Titans (5-8) - The Titans are rolling over for anyone and the Cardinals have a daunting final stretch. They need a little help to get in to the playoffs and they cannot afford a let down of their own.

Ravens (7-6) @ Lions (7-6) - Neither team can afford to lose this game. Also happens to be the MNF game

Cleveland -- Nobody wants the NFC North...the Bears will fold
Bengals -- Defense way too tough for Big Ben
Cowboys -- Rogers not cleared to play...the Cowboys will continue their inconsistency and play well
Patriots -- Dolphins will lead by 21 at halftime. Patriots will continue to get calls from the refs as a NE/Denver in the AFC championship is what the NFL wants.
Titans -- a bad pick, but as a 49er fan I need the Titans to knock off Arizona in order to pretty much seal SFs playoff spot
Lions -- I have no idea on this one. Baltimore cannot continue to get lucky, and Detroit can't possibly turn the ball over 4 more times this week. (53 points).

Measure Man
12-10-2013, 08:09 PM
Bears
Bengals
Packers
Dolphins
Cardinals
Ravens...44 points

Monkey
12-11-2013, 11:57 AM
Cowboys -- Rogers not cleared to play...the Cowboys will continue their inconsistency and play well
Patriots -- Dolphins will lead by 21 at halftime. Patriots will continue to get calls from the refs as a NE/Denver in the AFC championship is what the NFL wants.
Titans -- a bad pick, but as a 49er fan I need the Titans to knock off Arizona in order to pretty much seal SFs playoff spot
Lions -- I have no idea on this one. Baltimore cannot continue to get lucky, and Detroit can't possibly turn the ball over 4 more times this week. (53 points).

I agree with almost all of this, but I have a couple of exceptions

Bears - While the Browns have what it takes to win, they haven't really figured out how to win. The Bears will win this with less than 30 seconds remaining on the game clock.
Bengals - I fear for Big Ben's safety. He is likely to take a lot of physical punishment again this week.
Cowboys - Even if Rogers returns (which I don't believe he will), he won't actually be ready.
Patriots - I couldn't have put it better.
Cardinals - I expect this to be a fun one to watch, even though I couldn't care less about the outcome. The Titans will give them a scare, but the Cardinals will own the 4th quarter.
Lions - As a Bears fan I hate to pick these guys, but I know they are the better team. I don't believe the Ravens will win another game this year. (50 points)

efmbman
12-11-2013, 01:20 PM
CLE (something to prove after the NE fiasco?)
CIN (division games are great in the AFC North; beating PIT at home will be too sweet to pass up)
DAL (Romo doesn't win in December, but I think GB will lose more than DAL will win)
NE (the golden child)
ARI
DET (Again, I think it is more that BAL will lose than DET will win)
MNF - 40 pts

USMC0341
12-13-2013, 06:12 PM
Bears
Bengals
Cowboys
Patriots
Titans
Lions 58

sandsjames
12-16-2013, 04:07 PM

Well, I'm 0-5 so far...come on Ravens!!! Make it a perfect week.