PDA

View Full Version : NFL what's your team and can they beat the Broncos!!?

Bunch
09-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Everyone by now has realized that the Broncos are going to win the Super Bowl...

Who's you team and how deep you think they will go this season?

RFScott
09-05-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm a Panthers fan, and I do not think we could beat the Broncos. I would guess the Panthers might be able to pull off 6 or 7 wins this season...pretty much par for the course for this franchise.

Bunch
09-05-2013, 01:47 AM
I think Cam Newton is going to have a monster year .

RFScott
09-05-2013, 01:52 AM
I think Cam Newton is going to have a monster year .

I hope so. He seemed to regress a little bit last year...not sure if opposing defenses figured him out or if he was just going through a bit of a sophomore slump (compared to his rookie numbers). I think it will be tough to compete in the NFC South this year. The Falcons are still strong, the Saints will probably have a better year, and the Bucs are improving as well.

Bunch
09-05-2013, 01:56 AM
I hope so. He seemed to regress a little bit last year...not sure if opposing defenses figured him out or if he was just going through a bit of a sophomore slump (compared to his rookie numbers). I think it will be tough to compete in the NFC South this year. The Falcons are still strong, the Saints will probably have a better year, and the Bucs are improving as well.

I think he did better at the end of the year, you should know better than I. I think it was a combination of defenses doing a better prep job and he trying to figure things out.

Greg
09-05-2013, 02:01 AM
The Browns. With Ray Horton coaching the defense, there's a chance. A very stout front seven, but rather thin in the defensive backfield.

The Bronco's defense is hurting. One stand out signed away, another with a possible eight game suspension, and a third day-to-day.

Greg
09-05-2013, 02:03 AM
I think he did better at the end of the year, you should know better than I. I think it was a combination of defenses doing a better prep job and he trying to figure things out.

His offensive coordinator is now a head coach elsewhere.

USMC0341
09-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Redskins!

A little worried they are rushing RGIII back, but I guess he's cleared, he's cleared, right?

We got a good team this year...defense is solid if the young secondary holds up. running backs out the ass...and heck, even if RGIII gets hurt we are deep in quarterback, too. How many other teams have a 3rd string QB that started a Super Bowl?

Not sure if we're super bowl this year, but gotta win the NFC East and a playoff game or two.

Would be nice to beat the Broncos in the Super Bowl again though....just like old times.

Skins fan as well. As long RGIII and Garçon stay healthy I think we have a shot at anyone. Alf can get it done as well, as long as we have a passing game.

I love the look of this team, especially if our young defense steps up (baccari)

Stalwart
09-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Bunch

What's your team?
Annapolis High School, Annapolis MD

... and can they beat the Broncos!!?
Probably

efmbman
09-05-2013, 11:23 AM
I will take the Texans, but only because the game will be in Houston late in the season. I suspect that game will decide which team in the #1 seed and which is #2.

I do not think the Texans would beat the Broncos in a playoff game. I can only cite my experience as a Houston sports fan over the years to know the choke is alway waiting just around the corner. (See biggest comeback in NFL history: Oilers @ Bills AFC Wild Card game. Houston up 35-3 in the 3rd quarter... and lose the game 38-35 in OT! No, I have never forgotten.)

71Fish
09-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Vikings.
They always seem to play as well as their opponent, so they could "possibly" beat the Broncos, but then turn around and lose to the Jets. The Vikings still have a long way to go before they are in the Broncos/Pats/Ravens/Seahawks league.

Greg
09-05-2013, 01:46 PM
I will take the Texans, but only because the game will be in Houston late in the season. I suspect that game will decide which team in the #1 seed and which is #2.

I do not think the Texans would beat the Broncos in a playoff game. I can only cite my experience as a Houston sports fan over the years to know the choke is alway waiting just around the corner. (See biggest comeback in NFL history: Oilers @ Bills AFC Wild Card game. Houston up 35-3 in the 3rd quarter... and lose the game 38-35 in OT! No, I have never forgotten.)

I was getting ready to turn that game off, glad I stuck with it!

sandsjames
09-05-2013, 01:48 PM
San Francisco and, yes, they can beat the Broncos. Will they? Who knows. Broncos should make the Superbowl but we know what Payton does in the playoffs.

Jumper5
09-05-2013, 03:28 PM
My team is the Broncos.

Only the Broncos can beat the Broncos.

AFcynic
09-05-2013, 03:53 PM
The Broncos were exposed last year by Baltimore because Denver got over on a very weak schedule after week five last year. This year will prove once again that Denver can't win in the playoffs against a strong opponent. NE, HOU, CIN, and IND will give the Donkeys trouble.

Let the record show that Tim Tebow has more playoff wins as Denver's QB than Peyton Manning.

CYBERFX1024
09-05-2013, 04:11 PM
I am a Panthers fan. I think they will do good this year. They have a impeccable line this year and with Steve Smith out maybe Cam will start throwing the ball to the other receivers. But this year we seem to actually have a decent defense so that is awesome. Last year we would score alot and get a good lead, but then the defense wouldn't do a damn thing and we would just get out scored over and over again.

RFScott
09-05-2013, 04:24 PM
I am a Panthers fan. I think they will do good this year. They have a impeccable line this year and with Steve Smith out maybe Cam will start throwing the ball to the other receivers. But this year we seem to actually have a decent defense so that is awesome. Last year we would score alot and get a good lead, but then the defense wouldn't do a damn thing and we would just get out scored over and over again.

I don't think Steve Smith is out...unless there is something I have missed recently. I know Jonathan Stewart is on the PUP list, so DeAngelo Williams should be the primary ball carrier for the first several weeks of the season (minus the amount of times Cam pulls it down and runs). The defense does seem to be doing better, Kuechly is a monster across the middle. The addition of Ted Ginn should do wonders for our return game, and he should see a decent amount of targets as a receiver as well. I'm somewhat optimistic that we can push Seattle in Game 1, we almost beat them in Charlotte last year. I am still worried about the offense though...the unit looked fairly pedestrian in the pre-season. Hopefully Shula can the offense going a little more as the real games start.

RetC141BFCC
09-05-2013, 04:24 PM
My team is the Broncos.

Only the Broncos can beat the Broncos.

My teams is the Jets. I been waiting for:clap2ever they will go all the way this year and win at least 7 games. For them thats all the way. I even picked them against Tampa Bay in this week football pool at work. As you may not know my two favorite teams are the Jets and whoever play Dallas

USMC0341
09-05-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't think Steve Smith is out...unless there is something I have missed recently. I know Jonathan Stewart is on the PUP list, so DeAngelo Williams should be the primary ball carrier for the first several weeks of the season (minus the amount of times Cam pulls it down and runs). The defense does seem to be doing better, Kuechly is a monster across the middle. The addition of Ted Ginn should do wonders for our return game, and he should see a decent amount of targets as a receiver as well. I'm somewhat optimistic that we can push Seattle in Game 1, we almost beat them in Charlotte last year. I am still worried about the offense though...the unit looked fairly pedestrian in the pre-season. Hopefully Shula can the offense going a little more as the real games start.

Smith may as well be out with Sherman smothering him. I'm hoping Cam has a great year as I have Smith in my fantasy league as my 3rd WR.

RFScott
09-05-2013, 08:56 PM
Smith may as well be out with Sherman smothering him. I'm hoping Cam has a great year as I have Smith in my fantasy league as my 3rd WR.

Ah ok...thought you meant he was injured or something. You're right though, going up against that Seattle secondary is a tall order...

Bunch
09-06-2013, 05:01 AM
As I was saying..... Fight for second!!

Immediate analysis... Broncos should have won 82-10!!

USMC0341
09-06-2013, 09:27 AM
Holy Peyton Manning...

RFScott
09-06-2013, 12:36 PM
Thanks to my opponent starting Peyton Manning and Wes Welker I am pretty much finished for fantasy football this week...

BENDER56
09-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Thanks to my opponent starting Peyton Manning and Wes Welker I am pretty much finished for fantasy football this week...

I know, right? My son talked me into joining his league this year and so for my first fantasy football experience ever, I open the season against an opponent who starts Manning and Demaryius Thomas. So I'm down 74-0 after the first game. But hey, at least I didn't waste my QB slot on Flacco (as if it even matters now.)

I'm a life-long Giants fan and I always expect them to disappoint me.

Pullinteeth
09-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Skol Vikings!!

BTW, yet ANOTHER example of a thread we had going that was deleted by the recent regime...

Rizzo77
09-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Broncos fan here; born in Denver and even though we moved around alot (Dad was a zoomie), Denver is my hometown and the Broncos is my team. Peyton Manning will become the second Broncos quarterback to win consecutive Superbowls.

Pullinteeth
09-16-2013, 05:53 PM
Orlando CBS affiliate WKMG aired a message during yesterday's NFL action apologizing to viewers for broadcasting the Jacksonville Jaguars-Oakland Raiders game instead of the Manning Bowl between Denver and New York.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/orlando-tv-station-airs-public-125359106.html

Rusty Jones
09-16-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm an Eagles fan. And yes, I think the Eagles can do it. But I'd rather see the Eagles get some good picks to build up their D; even if that means not making the playoffs this season.

I actually didn't think the Eagles would do as good as they're doing now. I didn't expect a win over the Redskins (I actually lost $50, betting against my own team), and I expected them to get slaughtered by the Chargers. The Eagles lost by a field goal; and actually could have won that game if they ran the clock down a bit more before scoring their last touch down - all they had to do was keep the ball on the ground and not run out of bounds. But, overall, I was still impressed.

efmbman
09-16-2013, 06:12 PM
I'm an Eagles fan...

How did you rate Any Reid while he was running the Eagles?

RFScott
09-16-2013, 06:18 PM
I'm an Eagles fan. And yes, I think the Eagles can do it.

Well you will get a chance to find out here in two weeks when the Eagles head to Denver.

Rusty Jones
09-16-2013, 06:23 PM
How did you rate Any Reid while he was running the Eagles?

I wanted him gone. However, I'm going to try to reserve some of my judgement until next week's game.

Even if he's able to lead them to victory over the Eagles, I am glad that we got some new leadership regardless.

efmbman
09-16-2013, 09:10 PM
I am troubled that the Texans barely beat San Diego and then needed OT to beat the Titans. Granted, 2-0 is nice... but I would feel a lot better if the Texans would convincingly handle an opponent.

Peyton Manning does make it look easy... too easy for me with an AFC team.

Ripcord
09-17-2013, 12:30 AM
Packers. And yes they can beat them.

...it's week 2 people! Wait till week 6 to start making judgments....