PDA

View Full Version : Whites only

Pullinteeth
09-04-2013, 06:24 PM
This is pretty funny.... Wonder how long it will take for Sharpton and Jackson to whip up a rally and a boycott of this church? The long and the short of it is that the pastor said that image matters and they only want the best of the best at the doors. Oh, and that only white people should man the doors.

The pastor is a black female.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/03/nc-pastor-asks-that-only-white-people-greet-congregation-at-church-doors/?test=latestnews

Bunch
09-04-2013, 06:31 PM
This is pretty funny.... Wonder how long it will take for Sharpton and Jackson to whip up a rally and a boycott of this church? The long and the short of it is that the pastor said that image matters and they only want the best of the best at the doors. Oh, and that only white people should man the doors.

The pastor is a black female.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/03/nc-pastor-asks-that-only-white-people-greet-congregation-at-church-doors/?test=latestnews

I think she could have said that in better words.

Pullinteeth
09-04-2013, 06:32 PM
I think she could have said that in better words.

I get it...we have all sent emails we probably shouldn't but c'mon!

sandsjames
09-04-2013, 06:51 PM
I think you are all missing the point. What she's doing is turning whites into doormen, as blacks were typecast into for so many years. It's her way of getting some retribution.

Bunch
09-04-2013, 06:59 PM
I think you are all missing the point. What she's doing is turning whites into doormen, as blacks were typecast into for so many years. It's her way of getting some retribution.

Thats not what I get from the story...

The story had few details but what I got is that her church is predominantly african american and she wants to give the image that her church is inclusive of all races. Thats why she had the whites at the door, so if other whites pass by they can say "G!!...there some white folks up in that church!!! we should go there too!!!".

At least that what I took from the story...

sandsjames
09-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Thats not what I get from the story...

The story had few details but what I got is that her church is predominantly african american and she wants to give the image that her church is inclusive of all races. Thats why she had the whites at the door, so if other whites pass by they can say "G!!...there some white folks up in that church!!! we should go there too!!!".

At least that what I took from the story...

Please, please, please, turn on your sarcasm detector.

TJMAC77SP
09-04-2013, 07:04 PM
I am going to tuck this thread away and bring it out the next time someone else says something 'inelegantly'

Bunch
09-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Please, please, please, turn on your sarcasm detector.

Caught!...my bad...

Rusty Jones
09-04-2013, 07:33 PM
I see what she's trying to do. She's trying to manipulate society-level racism in order to fill the pews at her multicultural church.

Smart idea, but a bad one. And one that makes no sense.

I can see if she wanted to deliberately put blacks AND whites out there, as there are very few multicultural churches; and many people would like to find one.

But she's trying to attract people that she thinks are deterred by black faces. Makes no sense.

sandsjames
09-04-2013, 07:36 PM
I see what she's trying to do. She's trying to manipulate society-level racism in order to fill the pews at her multicultural church.

Smart idea, but a bad one. And one that makes no sense.

I can see if she wanted to deliberately put blacks AND whites out there, as there are very few multicultural churches; and many people would like to find one.

But she's trying to attract people that she thinks are deterred by black faces. Makes no sense.

Unless she feels that those who are deterred by black faces might be able to have their opinions changed once they get drawn in to the situation.

grimreaper
09-04-2013, 08:12 PM
Unless she feels that those who are deterred by black faces might be able to have their opinions changed once they get drawn in to the situation.

Sounds like what Jesse Jackson said, just different words.

‘There is nothing more painful to me at this stage of my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

sandsjames
09-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Sounds like what Jesse Jackson said, just different words.

We all know he's not as well spoken as I am.

grimreaper
09-04-2013, 08:24 PM
We all know he's not as well spoken as I am.

I'm not comparing that to what you said. That maybe what the pastor was trying to get at...that some people maybe intimidated by seeing black people at the door. Not true for most I believe, but it could be for some...just ask Jesse.