PDA

View Full Version : Ariel Castro found dead

CJSmith
09-04-2013, 09:47 AM
Dude lasted like 4 months. Guess he couldn't handle what he inflicted on those girls by locking them up. At least he saved the taxpayers money in the long run.

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-man-held-3-women-captive-commits-suicide-043500304.html

Greg
09-04-2013, 11:23 AM
On the radio as soon as I woke up. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

They're not giving details, prison justice?

I understand that guys in the big house don't care for those that take advantage of the most vulnerable; the physically, and mentally weak.

Rusty Jones
09-04-2013, 01:22 PM
They're not giving details, prison justice?

Suicide. That's not to say prison justice wasn't happening; because it probably was... he just may not have died from it yet.

sandsjames
09-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Too bad more people couldn't follow his lead on this one.

Rusty Jones
09-04-2013, 01:58 PM

Many, if not most, actually try. Castro himself was supposed to be on a suicide watch, where they check on him every 30 minutes.

I'm actually not to big on the death penalty, as no justice system is perfect and innocent people do get executed... but I do believe that people serving life sentences should be executed if they request it.

71Fish
09-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Just proves those girls were much stronger than he was.

71Fish
09-04-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm actually not to big on the death penalty, as no justice system is perfect and innocent people do get executed... but I do believe that people serving life sentences should be executed if they request it.

I can't tell if you are being serious or not.

Greg
09-04-2013, 02:59 PM

Suicide's an easy exit. The three girls wanted him to rot behind bars.

Mental illness is a chronic, progressive disease. Medications only offer temporary relief.

One needs to acknowledge they have emotional issues, and then take steps to improve their well-being.

sandsjames
09-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Suicide's an easy exit. The three girls wanted him to rot behind bars.

Mental illness is a chronic, progressive disease. Medications only offer temporary relief.

One needs to acknowledge they have emotional issues, and then take steps to improve their well-being.

I realize they wanted him to rot behind bars, and I realize suicide is the cowards way out. I'm no psychologist (but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night) but I would think that, in the long run, this would be much better for the girls. Even though they don't think it's the best thing, I think him being dead will help them find some sort of closure a lot faster. Knowing that he's behind bars, still lingering, could make things harder than they have to be.

Rusty Jones
09-04-2013, 03:33 PM

You mean you see a joke somewhere?

garhkal
09-04-2013, 08:03 PM
... but I do believe that people serving life sentences should be executed if they request it.

Why is that? Should those in jail not get to decide their fate?

Bunch
09-05-2013, 12:55 AM
I wonder how his victims feel about this. IMO this brings closure to them.

AJBIGJ
09-05-2013, 12:59 AM

I hope you're right, but my gut tells me this is only the beginning of healing, with most of a lifetime to see it to fruition.

Bunch
09-05-2013, 01:02 AM
I hope you're right, but my gut tells me this is only the beginning of healing, with most of a lifetime to see it to fruition.

This is true. Is like one chapter closes on a very long book that is still been written.

AJBIGJ
09-05-2013, 01:06 AM
This is true. Is like one chapter closes on a very long book that is still been written.

On a positive note, I'm aware of quite a few examples of people who've successfully channelled the trauma and the tragedy towards making a positive difference in the lives of other individuals who may be in similar situations. I can hope at least that is what the future holds in store for these young women.

AJBIGJ
09-05-2013, 01:15 AM
A great example IMO:
http://www.missingkids.com/History

Gonzo432
09-05-2013, 02:02 AM
Part of me says, "GOOD!!"
Part of me wanted this excuse for a human being living another 40 years with the Ohio prison system's answer to Hannibal Lecter talking to him through a vent.

Vrake
09-05-2013, 02:28 AM

garhkal
09-05-2013, 04:21 AM

As of 11pm news (ABC) none of his victims have commented. But neighbours in his old town have, and many say good riddance!