PDA

View Full Version : Mods are telling us there are unwritten rules that will get us banned...what are they

veritas
09-03-2013, 11:56 PM

Rizzo77
09-04-2013, 03:20 AM
No need. It's just like Article 134 of the UCMJ: If you do anything that those in charge disagree with, you're guilty.

imnohero
09-04-2013, 03:32 AM
As far as I'm concerned, there is only one that you need to worry about:

Terms of Service, Subsection "Suspension and Termination of Access"
You agree that, in our sole discretion, we may suspend or terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Site, or any part of the Site, and remove and discard any materials that you submit to the Site, at any time, for any reason, without notice.

Basically, they can kick you out at any time, for any reason, and remove your posts completely without any explanation. And I hope they do.

Mj├Âlnir
09-04-2013, 03:35 AM
I don't think there are unwritten rules. But if I had to come up with some:

1. Be a big enough man or woman to know that there can't be a written rule for each and every possible scenario or situation and that at some point & on some level a subjective / judgement call may have to be made. Those making that decision aren't perfect and will never, ever make everyone happy; then again you aren't perfect either so we have something in common.

2. Use common sense. You did well enough on the ASVAB to join the military or are intelligent enough to use a computer to be here so act like it. Display the same level of intelligence in how you conduct yourself on the board.

3. Read the Community Guidelines. Once you do, don't act like Airman Basic/Private Timmy and think "well, it doesn't specifically say I can't do X, Y or Z so I must be allowed", then refer back to #1 then quickly go to #2.

imnohero
09-04-2013, 03:57 AM
LOL. That's funny. You don't pay attention much do you?

The point is, if you keep it up, they can get rid of you just for being an annoyance. But maybe that's your goal. Just say so, and I'm sure they will be happy to oblige.

BOSS302
09-04-2013, 08:21 AM
For anyone who continously hammers on the moderators or who insults the current status of the boards (which is in itself an indirect hammering of the moderators), you are invited to visit the following link:

https://www.vbulletin.com/

For a cool $249 or $399, you can purchase your own license to use the vBulletin software and create your own online community complete with your own set of rules....or complete with no set of rules.