PDA

View Full Version : October = No Volunteer Month.

omertalifestyle
09-01-2013, 12:22 PM
This should be AF wide, for one whole month, nobody volunteers for anything AF related, no booster club, no top 3, First Six, 5/6, Key Spouse, nothing. You can still volunteer on the weekend or something that you set up on your own time through the organization yourself. We have no car washes, no bake sales, no holiday party planning, nothing that is the pet project. Spend that extra time learning your job, preparing for your PT test, getting wicked good at Madden 25, going out with your friends and being only their designated driver. No more fluff for the EPR, it should all be duty related and I could care less about the whole airman concept, that's just BS corporate jargon for the business jackassery that has invaded a military force.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
09-01-2013, 01:13 PM
This should be AF wide, for one whole month, nobody volunteers for anything AF related, no booster club, no top 3, First Six, 5/6, Key Spouse, nothing. You can still volunteer on the weekend or something that you set up on your own time through the organization yourself. We have no car washes, no bake sales, no holiday party planning, nothing that is the pet project. Spend that extra time learning your job, preparing for your PT test, getting wicked good at Madden 25, going out with your friends and being only their designated driver. No more fluff for the EPR, it should all be duty related and I could care less about the whole airman concept, that's just BS corporate jargon for the business jackassery that has invaded a military force.

That's a crazy idea. Productivity will shoot through the roof, then the AF will cut more people when they realize that shops are indeed overmanned.

sandsjames
09-01-2013, 02:04 PM
That's a crazy idea. Productivity will shoot through the roof, then the AF will cut more people when they realize that shops are indeed overmanned.

Yep...then after they cut everybody, they will increase the "requirements" for volunteering again.

sharkhunter
09-02-2013, 01:21 AM
Volunteering during the duty day is the only way some are actually productive!
Besides, will anyone actually tell another person "No, you can't hold a booster club fundraising event during the duty day."

Plus with the new MSgt Promotion boards, SSgts are now going to have to be more political then before to earn board points, which means taking time away from the work center

BENDER56
09-02-2013, 06:37 PM
I volunteer to spearhead the October = No Volunteer Month Committee!

Bunch
09-03-2013, 04:06 AM
I think they should make volunteering a special duty. That would be one special duty that won't have any manning issues.