PDA

View Full Version : Worst Air Force Meeting Cliches

BOSS302
08-30-2013, 07:51 PM
What makes you want to facepalm during an outstanding Air Force meeting? The piggy-backing? The guy who brings a notepad and pen but doesn't do shit with it? Mr. Over-Enthusiastic?

For me, it's Mr. "It Is What It Is". This is the guy who - either while explaining something or answering a question - lacks the ability to properly deliver his message and thus falls back on saying, "It is what it is."

Example.

"Sir, you mentioned that you were going to drop a generator near the tents for power. However that area has no suitable grounding point for the generator..."

"Yea, thanks for bringing that up. Yeah...umm I mean....that's where the generator is gonna go....I mean it is what it is, ya know?"

"......."

What say you?

Drackore
08-30-2013, 08:25 PM
The perennial commander kissass that nods his head and "Mmm-hmm's" in agreement to everyf'inthing the boss says in the meeting, for the entire meeting. Then when we go around the room for "alibis" (another horrible cliche), that same person regurgitates everything the CC said throughout the meeting.

UH1FE
08-30-2013, 08:32 PM
"BLUF" How about you just get to the damn point instead writing/speaking a novel and leave out the BLUF! I see this crap in slides and emails and all can think of is how stupid the person is.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-30-2013, 08:45 PM
"BLUF" How about you just get to the damn point instead writing/speaking a novel and leave out the BLUF! I see this crap in slides and emails and all can think of is how stupid the person is.

I effing hate BLUF. Another is "I know, right?"

Me: "Ma'am, you're the ugliest butch lesbian looking commander in the Air Force."
Commander: "I know, right?"

RFScott
08-30-2013, 08:51 PM
I hate it when the exec or lackey who is gathering slides for the meeting not only harasses you about when to submit your slides, but also wonders if you used the correct shade of yellow, instead of citrine or goldenrod...

Chief_KO
08-30-2013, 09:44 PM
The correct color thing is legit, some shades don't show up well on certain projectors/screens. The pre-briefs are the worse. Briefers who read every line should be fired on the spot.
Logistically, putting the name cards on the table (unless briefing a visitor) is a waste, second only to making sure the correct beverage and snacks are presented properly to the briefee (unless the briefee is really a DV (which most are not). I got that treatment once, made me very uncomfortable.

Chief_KO
08-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Pilot lingo for routine office functions...

Okay, so I'm going VFR direct from the Air Boss...for your SA, those TPS report coversheets are a target rich environment. We need to pull chocks and say Alpha Mike Foxtrot to our desks and engage with the troops on the ground.

Don't forget when they refer to each other using their frat names..."I'll have Hoser check on that...Knuckles what do you think...Can Buttplug get it done in time"

imported_chipotleboy
08-30-2013, 10:34 PM
What makes you want to facepalm during an outstanding Air Force meeting? The piggy-backing? The guy who brings a notepad and pen but doesn't do shit with it?

I stopped bringing notepads to meetings. I discovered that if I don't bring a notepad, they can't give me action items.

imported_chipotleboy
08-30-2013, 10:36 PM
The correct color thing is legit, some shades don't show up well on certain projectors/screens. The pre-briefs are the worse. Briefers who read every line should be fired on the spot.
Logistically, putting the name cards on the table (unless briefing a visitor) is a waste, second only to making sure the correct beverage and snacks are presented properly to the briefee (unless the briefee is really a DV (which most are not). I got that treatment once, made me very uncomfortable.

The little tent name cards are cute. I saved mine from the last time I gave a presentation to a bunch of DVs. Now I bring it with me to meetings and put it in front of me so people will think I'm important.

OtisRNeedleman
08-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Not so much the clichés, but the general verbal masturbation. Personally, when I called meetings, they were Captain Kirk-style. Called meetings when there was something hot. We sat down. Figured out what to do, who was to do it, and by when. Meeting over.

On a side note, one thing I REALLY hated when having meetings at contractors was the program office's attempts to push things on us or by us late on a long meeting day, when everyone was tired and hungry. Got to the point where I'd just say, "We'll address that tomorrow. All ATC people are dismissed until 0800 tomorrow." Then I got my shit together and left.

Gonzo432
08-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Don't forget when they refer to each other using their frat names..."I'll have Hoser check on that...Knuckles what do you think...Can Buttplug get it done in time"

Hoser, Knuckles and Buttplug? ACC/A3??

Gonzo432
08-30-2013, 11:21 PM
How about the guy who repeats EVERYTHING that everyone just said? Better yet, the guy who says something, you ask for clarification and he acts like he didn't just say that.

sandsjames
08-30-2013, 11:49 PM
What irritated me more than anything was sitting through the meeting for 45 minutes being told who was messing up and what was going wrong for 44.5 minutes, then the last 30 seconds the Commander says "I just want you all to know you're doing a great job. We couldn't do it without your hard work." Don't bitch at me for that long than try to give me the required pat on the back.

Bunch
08-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Everything that starts " Guys...this comes straight from the top" is like another way of saying "Guys... I know you really dont respect me but...."

loadsmith
08-31-2013, 01:27 AM
How about the guy who repeats EVERYTHING that everyone just said?

That person in my book is know as the "Piggybacker." They will normally begin a sentence like this: "Let me piggyback on what the (whoever) is trying to say." They can usually make a 20 minute briefing/meeting last an hour or two depending on their degree of Piggybackery.

Also, heard a great phrase to describe the people who find it necessary to starch their ABUs similar to the BDUs, where you could hear starch separate when putting your leg thru: "Starchers" -- my friend was describing some folks he just went on an inspection with and said there were a few "starchers" on the team. Funny that the people who find errors are in fact violating an AFI.

Airborne
08-31-2013, 01:52 AM
That person in my book is know as the "Piggybacker." They will normally begin a sentence like this: "Let me piggyback on what the (whoever) is trying to say." They can usually make a 20 minute briefing/meeting last an hour or two depending on their degree of Piggybackery. snip....

Also known as the foot stomper or caveater. In ground pounding unita you will also have the person that has a "save round".

Okie
08-31-2013, 05:29 AM
What makes you want to facepalm during an outstanding Air Force meeting?...The guy who brings a notepad and pen but doesn't do shit with it?

Why would me keeping to myself concern, much less irritate anyone else? If I don't take any notes, it's because you didn't say anything noteworthy.

As for my peeves:
- Inability to make a point without using a sports reference
- Inability to make a point without using PowerPoint
- Unnecessary/unproductive meetings
- People who come in late
- Platitudes/insincerity

There are many more, but that's a start.

Okie
08-31-2013, 05:34 AM
Please forgive the "dislike" of the original post, 302. I didn't even realize I'd hit it, and MTF says I don't have permission to undo a click.

71Fish
08-31-2013, 05:53 AM
This reads like a PPT presentation. I can imagine you reading it to me, word for word.

Why would me keeping to myself concern, much less irritate anyone else? If I don't take any notes, it's because you didn't say anything noteworthy.

As for my peeves:
- Inability to make a point without using a sports reference
- Inability to make a point without using PowerPoint
- Unnecessary/unproductive meetings
- People who come in late
- Platitudes/insincerity

There are many more, but that's a start.

BRUWIN
08-31-2013, 06:10 AM
Just before I retired we had our squadron staff meetings on Friday mornings. Early one Friday morning I go out to my driveway to drive to work and I see a piece of junk bicycle laying on my front lawn. The chain is missing, tires flat, all rusted...ect. My neighbor across the street comes out to get in her car and I ask if she knows where the bike came from. She says "oh...some lady was walking it around the neighborhood and wondered if anybody had kids that might want one and had parents that couldn't afford a bike for them.." So I ask "So she dumped it on my lawn? Do I look broke?" My neighbor didn't know what to say and couldn't tell me who the lady was. I left it on the lawn and drove to work...I was fuming the whole way. So get to work and I am sitting in this staff meeting still fuming and all I'm hearing is blah blah blah while thinking to myself "I'm gonna find that bitch and dump every piece of junk in my garage on her front lawn." Suddenly...I hear the CC say "Chief...you don't look happy...are you with us?" I don't know what got into me and I just went off about this lady and the bicycle. The CC listened with empathy for several minutes and everybody was laughing while I'm telling this story which made me even more angry. The CC then says "well I really don't know why she would do that Chief...I've seen your house and you don't look needy." Then the smart ass unit security manager chimes in with "maybe it wasn't the house she was judging you by...maybe it's that P.O.S Honda Civic (230,000 miles on the clock) you drive." Everybody was in tears and the CC says "well...I lost this audience...lets go to work."

I don't know what any of this has to do with this thread but I still have that bike and three years later I'm still trying to find out who that lady was. When I do find out who she was I have that bike and a big pile of crap waiting to throw on her front lawn.

CJSmith
08-31-2013, 11:22 AM
Everything that starts " Guys...this comes straight from the top" is like another way of saying "Guys... I know you really dont respect me but...."

I'd like to piggyback on this ;)

I had a DB flight cc before that would always create some bullshit policy and say it came from the cc. He'd always say things like "This came from the boss" or "This is what the boss wants so we must press with it."

Stop using the cc to pass your ideas.

Gonzo432
08-31-2013, 11:54 AM
This reads like a PPT presentation. I can imagine you reading it to me, word for word.

The guy who reads the Power Point slides, facing the screen.

Gonzo432
08-31-2013, 12:01 PM
Just before I retired we had our squadron staff meetings on Friday mornings. Early one Friday morning I go out to my driveway to drive to work and I see a piece of junk bicycle laying on my front lawn. The chain is missing, tires flat, all rusted...ect. My neighbor across the street comes out to get in her car and I ask if she knows where the bike came from. She says "oh...some lady was walking it around the neighborhood and wondered if anybody had kids that might want one and had parents that couldn't afford a bike for them.." So I ask "So she dumped it on my lawn? Do I look broke?" My neighbor didn't know what to say and couldn't tell me who the lady was. I left it on the lawn and drove to work...I was fuming the whole way. So get to work and I am sitting in this staff meeting still fuming and all I'm hearing is blah blah blah while thinking to myself "I'm gonna find that bitch and dump every piece of junk in my garage on her front lawn." Suddenly...I hear the CC say "Chief...you don't look happy...are you with us?" I don't know what got into me and I just went off about this lady and the bicycle. The CC listened with empathy for several minutes and everybody was laughing while I'm telling this story which made me even more angry. The CC then says "well I really don't know why she would do that Chief...I've seen your house and you don't look needy." Then the smart ass unit security manager chimes in with "maybe it wasn't the house she was judging you by...maybe it's that P.O.S Honda Civic (230,000 miles on the clock) you drive." Everybody was in tears and the CC says "well...I lost this audience...lets go to work."

I don't know what any of this has to do with this thread but I still have that bike and three years later I'm still trying to find out who that lady was. When I do find out who she was I have that bike and a big pile of crap waiting to throw on her front lawn.

I feel like I just flew from LA to Phoenix through Pittsburgh.:evilgrin:

Absinthe Anecdote
08-31-2013, 12:03 PM
Has anyone ever pulled off a "double piggyback" ?

The next time someone piggybacks one of your comments, try piggybacking their comment.

Maybe 10 percent of the people in the room will get that you are being sarcastic the rest won't even notice.

Okie
08-31-2013, 01:44 PM

Well-played. I was trying to be concise as I'm phone-only right meow. :)

AF Comm Guy
08-31-2013, 03:07 PM
Anyone who schedules a meeting or class from 1100-1300. Also, commander's calls at 1630...on a Friday.

71Fish
08-31-2013, 03:11 PM
You have to let dumb shit like that go man.

RFScott
08-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Anyone who schedules a meeting or class from 1100-1300. Also, commander's calls at 1630...on a Friday.

Those 1630 commander's calls almost always happened to fall on a holiday weekend for me. Luckily, my last commander was big on brevity so we would be out of there fairly quickly, although everything he told us could have easily been sent via e-mail (stay safe, don't drink too much, call AADD if you need a ride, etc.)

BOSS302
08-31-2013, 09:24 PM
I should have titled this thread "Stereotypes" and not "Cliches". All well.

What about Mr. Jackass Asshole? This is the guy who comes to a meeting ready to declare war; he does not want to be here, everything is "bullshit", and he has already decided to do everything he can to make it miserable.

His attitude. His demeanor. His curt responses and biting sarcasm. The only antidote for Mr. Jackass Asshole is for an equally-capable jackass to shut him down early and quickly. I was witness to such a shutdown when in Korea 2007, a captain asked a rude SSgt if he "had a fucking problem". Never saw a white guy turn so red with embarrassment and he was quite the docile creature the rest of the meeting.

Mr. Jackass Asshole should not be confused with Mr. "My Guys".

Mr. "My Guys", while being an obnoxious little pain in the ass because he feels it is his duty to protect "his guys" from any/everything the Air Force might ask of them, will usually do so in a respectful and professional manner. When he becomes rude, then Mr. "My Guys" morphs into Mr. Jackass "My Guys" Asshole and then things get really weird....

technomage1
09-01-2013, 12:15 AM
I hate meetings. Few are useful and they almost always go for longer than they need to.

TomTom093
09-01-2013, 03:26 AM
Read ahead slides. If you're going to brief something, just brief it.

imnohero
09-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Lots of good stuff here that I could second.

I think the single thing that bugged me most were when I was asked to give a briefing on something, only to show up find it was all pro-forma, the decision had already been made.

Then there is the non-meeting. Which is what I started to call the regular weekly meetings that get cancelled at the last minute almost all the time. For instance, the commander wants a regular weekly meeting/briefing on training status. He wants a run down of everyone on upgrade training by name, skill level, etc. So every week we would spend 2 or 3 hours prepping, only to have him cancel it 5 minutes before. Or we'd all show up and the CC secretary or exec would come in, "Oh sorry, didn't you know, this meeting was cancelled."

BRUWIN
09-01-2013, 11:04 PM
You have to let dumb shit like that go man.

I ain't letting it go. How would you like some lady thinking your property is her personal disposal site for crap that she don't want? You know...I was pretty much putting this all behind me until I wrote that post a few days back and unfortunately I've been all fired up again like it just happened yesterday. It would piss you off too...I don't care what you say.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-01-2013, 11:07 PM
I ain't letting it go. How would you like some lady thinking your property is her personal disposal site for crap that she don't want? You know...I was pretty much putting this all behind me until I wrote that post a few days back and unfortunately I've been all fired up again like it just happened yesterday. It would piss you off too...I don't care what you say.

What happened to the bike?

BRUWIN
09-01-2013, 11:15 PM
What happened to the bike?

I still have it. I was going to bring it to work and put it in the smart assed unit security manager's truck but someone tipped him off and he started driving his car to work and parking it where I couldn't find it. The bike is gonna find it's original home because I figure that same lady will do it again someday and I will find out who she is. The only thing is the neighbors may have tipped her off about how pissed I was so maybe she won't. I think they are all in this this together and nobody around here was/is talking. Some day somebody is gonna let something slip and there will be hell to pay.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-01-2013, 11:18 PM
I still have it. I was going to bring it to work and put it in the smart assed unit security manager's truck but someone tipped him off and he started driving his car to work and parking it where I couldn't find it. The bike is gonna find it's original home because I figure that same lady will do it again someday and I will find out who she is. The only thing is the neighbors may have tipped her off about how pissed I was so maybe she won't. I think they are all in this this together and nobody around here was/is talking. Some day somebody is gonna let something slip and there will be hell to pay.

You should fix it up and ride it.

BRUWIN
09-01-2013, 11:22 PM
You should fix it up and ride it.

It's too small...it's a kid's bike. And I mean to tell you...it's a real piece of crap. She knew it wasn't worth any effort to fix, she was just dumping her problem on somebody else.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-01-2013, 11:42 PM
It's too small...it's a kid's bike. And I mean to tell you...it's a real piece of crap. She knew it wasn't worth any effort to fix, she was just dumping her problem on somebody else.

Ok, wait until the next time it snows and then follow the snowplow through base housing and when it pushes a bunch of snow in some guy's driveway toss the bike in there on top of it.

BRUWIN
09-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Ok, wait until the next time it snows and then follow the snowplow through base housing and when it pushes a bunch of snow in some guy's driveway toss the bike in there on top of it.

I'm in Florida...but after the world's next pole shift I will take you up on that.

Vrake
09-02-2013, 12:13 AM

Or get out ahead of said plow and put it on the edge of the driveway. When the snow melts it will be Encino Bike.

**edit just saw the response wait till the next monsoon and sink it in the flood waters.

technomage1
09-02-2013, 12:53 AM

Put the bike out on the curb with a "for sale" sign on it. It'll be gone within the hour. Don't put "free" on it or you'll never get rid of it.

Or take it in and sell it for scrap metal. Might get a few bucks for it. Enjoy a Big Mac meal on the lady who foisted her problem off on you.

Seriously...I know its annoying, but you have to let this go or you're going to be that old man in the neighborhood muttering about d-mned kids on his lawn.

sharkhunter
09-02-2013, 01:15 AM
SSgt or TSgt arrives 2 minutes late to the meeting obviously out of breath from running trying to make it on time...they get chewed out by the SMSgt.
The SMSgt arrives 15 minutes late to the meeting with coffee in hand, a relax mood, and leans back in the chair during the meeting...no one says anything.

The higher ups being yes-men; always agree with the CC and don't say anything to go against him

CC: We need three bodies from your shop this morning for escort duty
MSgt: Yes sir, we're on it!
(TSgt whispering to SMSgt): we only have two in the shop this week and we're overworked as it is.
MSgt to CC: Sir, we only have two in the shop
CC: Oh okay, so can you guys provide the two?
MSgt: Yes sir, we're on it!

TSgt to MSgt: We're going to stop ops to do escort duty? Can't another shop do it?
MSgt to TSgt: No, CC said us.

Chief_KO
09-02-2013, 02:45 AM
New CC (2-star) tells his staff that he wants EPR bullet in SR block to have a lead-in statement (ex. Superb manager!)...his staff "assumes" that the General wants lead-in statements on every single line. Two days later guess who sent EPR forward IAW general's staff guidance (every single line a lead-in). General calls our CC with a "WTF is this?"...CC replies "That's what your exec said you wanted".
2-Star educates his staff on making sure they understand his guidance and not to "assume" anything...(wish I was there to hear that)

imported_Renazance
09-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Not exactly a meeting cliche but a briefing one, whenever a new CC, Chief, NCOIC, or any leadership position says they intend to go "back to basics". No wonder we never make any progress because we're always regressing when new leadership comes in.

Venus
09-02-2013, 06:34 AM
I got a lot of jets transferred to us from a PACAF that we spent months putting back together that I felt the same way as you did with that bike.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-02-2013, 10:41 AM
True story.

I had a one-on-one with a 2-star, she started in on the "back to basics" thing.

My reply....we need to define the basics, because some people think it means shining boots and marching in line, etc. What it should mean is learning your AFSC.

What was her reply?

Mcjohn1118
09-02-2013, 01:52 PM
Every week, I hear the same ole' cliché and it chaps my ass. "Room-Ten...". Depending on the Commander, it could be the Chief or Shirt, but every time I hear that crap, I know I'm stuck for at least an hour of droning on and on about late EPRs, missed appointments, who's late on the GPC account, etc. The best cliché I hear is always at the end, "Anyone have anything else? No, Dismissed."

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
09-02-2013, 03:35 PM
Read ahead slides. If you're going to brief something, just brief it.

The purpose to read-aheads is for the briefee to review the slides before the meeting (I've seen two days early to a 2-star) and come up with questions/comments. Done right it can actually keep the meeting to its scheduled time block. Unfortunately, I've provided read-aheads way too often to people who never actually look at them before the meeting, yet I've had to jump through my ass to turn them in early, only to jump through my ass again before the meeting to coordinate last minute changes.

As an exec and staff weenie I just wanted to put a bullet in my head on most days. 1 Sep '13-- OFFICIALLY retired. Woo hoo!

Okie
09-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Funny how, when the CC is chewing out people for late suspenses, he never wants to hear about how his orderly room sent out the tasker three days ago with a 2-hr suspense so that they wouldn't get shorted on time or how his Chief sat on the EPR for 3 weeks.

BRUWIN
09-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Funny how, when the CC is chewing out people for late suspenses, he never wants to hear about how his orderly room sent out the tasker three days ago with a 2-hr suspense so that they wouldn't get shorted on time or how his Chief sat on the EPR for 3 weeks.

I've never met a Chief that sat on an EPR for 3 weeks. It doesn't happen.

technomage1
09-02-2013, 09:10 PM

That's the nice thing about EMS. It shows who has what and for exactly how long.

BOSS302
09-02-2013, 09:26 PM

http://www.offshore.ie/wp-content/uploads/thumb-cache/DSC03321-b7634b989c97c406f5dd5c04989adf5d-670x400-100-crop.jpg

71Fish
09-02-2013, 09:32 PM

I'd be a little puzzled but not pissed. Learn to let shit go, life will be easier.

imported_chipotleboy
09-02-2013, 10:52 PM
The purpose to read-aheads is for the briefee to review the slides before the meeting (I've seen two days early to a 2-star) and come up with questions/comments. Done right it can actually keep the meeting to its scheduled time block. Unfortunately, I've provided read-aheads way too often to people who never actually look at them before the meeting, yet I've had to jump through my ass to turn them in early, only to jump through my ass again before the meeting to coordinate last minute changes.

As an exec and staff weenie I just wanted to put a bullet in my head on most days. 1 Sep '13-- OFFICIALLY retired. Woo hoo!

Excellent points. Read aheads also let the target audience know if the briefing answers the questions they want answered, as well as helping them figure out who else may need to attend the briefing.

imported_chipotleboy
09-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Those 1630 commander's calls almost always happened to fall on a holiday weekend for me. Luckily, my last commander was big on brevity so we would be out of there fairly quickly, although everything he told us could have easily been sent via e-mail (stay safe, don't drink too much, call AADD if you need a ride, etc.)

Sounds like your CC did prophylactic CC Calls. You know, the "I told those jackasses not to drink and drive" briefing, so he won't catch hell if somebody plows their pickup into a bus full of schoolkids headed to the waterpark.

BRUWIN
09-03-2013, 02:36 AM
Excellent points. Read aheads also let the target audience know if the briefing answers the questions they want answered, as well as helping them figure out who else may need to attend the briefing.

Sometimes they were useful in determining whether you even needed to be there.

Okie
09-03-2013, 04:04 AM

I'd he happy to introduce you. It most certainly did happen. In his defense, it would take me a while to personally review every EPR in a 1,200-ish person Group.

Okie
09-03-2013, 04:07 AM
That's the nice thing about EMS. It shows who has what and for exactly how long.

One of the Sq/CC's brought the EMS printout to show the boss why several of her EPR's were late. In addition to being yelled at for the late EPR's, she was told to never use the Chief as an excuse again.

Bunch
09-03-2013, 04:31 AM
One of the Sq/CC's brought the EMS printout to show the boss why several of her EPR's were late. In addition to being yelled at for the late EPR's, she was told to never use the Chief as an excuse again.

I wonder how the particular CC acted when she got back to her squadron, after enduring that from her boss she probably had a lot to say to folks that had EPR's late.

technomage1
09-03-2013, 07:18 AM

The CC should not be using anyone for excuses. It's the job of the CC to make this happen and their responsibility.

However, I have seen it where the upper ranks blamed a SSgt for not reminding the Chief of the EMS EPR. That's out of line to me,

Okie
09-03-2013, 10:32 AM
To clarify: Her EPR's left her Sq on time. She was pointing out that the break in the chain was at the Group, particularly the Gp Chief. She does not control the Group Chief and the Gp/CC stood behind his blameless Chief. What would you have had her do, technomage1?

BOSS302
09-03-2013, 10:40 AM
I'd he happy to introduce you. It most certainly did happen. In his defense, it would take me a while to personally review every EPR in a 1,200-ish person Group.

http://image.weather.com/web/multimedia/images/slideshows/fish/f12.jpg

TJMAC77SP
09-03-2013, 10:50 AM

Another one landed by Bruwin............

Absinthe Anecdote
09-03-2013, 11:36 AM

I've never seen a sailfish that color before, aren't they usually blue?

I just went and tried to look up different species of that fish and couldn't figure it out.

What kind of fish is that?

BOSS302
09-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Another one landed by Bruwin............

BRUWIN is the "Master Baiter." And I believe Absinthe has become his padawan.

technomage1
09-03-2013, 11:49 AM
To clarify: Her EPR's left her Sq on time. She was pointing out that the break in the chain was at the Group, particularly the Gp Chief. She does not control the Group Chief and the Gp/CC stood behind his blameless Chief. What would you have had her do, technomage1?

If it was the group Chief and not the squadron Chief, then of course that is a different story. Your post didnt specify that.

Class5Kayaker
09-03-2013, 02:57 PM
I've never seen a sailfish that color before, aren't they usually blue?

I just went and tried to look up different species of that fish and couldn't figure it out.

What kind of fish is that?

Looks like a Marlin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlin). They aren't all blue, but the most common one we Americans are used to is the Atlantic Blue Marlin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_blue_marlin).

Greg
09-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Sailfish. Marlin's dorsal fin are half, to one-third the size of a sailfish's dorsal. The sailfish is smaller than a marlin, size and pound-wise.

Bumble78
09-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Put the bike out on the curb with a "for sale" sign on it. It'll be gone within the hour. Don't put "free" on it or you'll never get rid of it.

Or take it in and sell it for scrap metal. Might get a few bucks for it. Enjoy a Big Mac meal on the lady who foisted her problem off on you.

Seriously...I know its annoying, but you have to let this go or you're going to be that old man in the neighborhood muttering about d-mned kids on his lawn.

I bet she was a renter.

Rusty Jones
09-03-2013, 06:03 PM
I bet she was a renter.

I guess she'd better not even think about playing basketball in the street.

wxjumper
09-03-2013, 06:45 PM
- People who talk in circles
- People who can’t read the Commander. For example, when it is obvious that the Commander has received all the information he needs on a subject and wants to move on, the person keeps on talking.
- Slide readers
- People who say “Sir, we went over this earlier but for the edification of others ….” Then proceeds to drone on about the bullet on their slide for 10 min that nobody other than the Commander needed to know about.
- Obvious kiss asses that lists on their slides every single mundane thing their section is doing because they want to look like the section that does the most to the Commander.

Bumble78
09-03-2013, 07:08 PM
I guess she'd better not even think about playing basketball in the street.

Only if she wants to be run over.

20+Years
09-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Has anyone ever pulled off a "double piggyback" ?

The next time someone piggybacks one of your comments, try piggybacking their comment.

Maybe 10 percent of the people in the room will get that you are being sarcastic the rest won't even notice.

And I... no kidding, not joking here, saw a piggyback x 3 in a wg suicide brief. It was one of those where they bring in all the Airmen to show them how we care and are working issues... The wg CC asked for comments. Amn one discussed suicide. Amn two piggy backs #1. Amn three also piggy backs #1. Amn four piggy backed #2. And they all used the phrase, "I'd like to piggyback the comments by...". I was sitting to the side wishing I could demonstrate a 44 mag to the chin.

Who teaches our new Amn this douchery?

BRUWIN
09-04-2013, 01:58 AM
And I... no kidding, not joking here, saw a piggyback x 3 in a wg suicide brief. It was one of those where they bring in all the Airmen to show them how we care and are working issues... The wg CC asked for comments. Amn one discussed suicide. Amn two piggy backs #1. Amn three also piggy backs #1. Amn four piggy backed #2. And they all used the phrase, "I'd like to piggyback the comments by...". I was sitting to the side wishing I could demonstrate a 44 mag to the chin.

Who teaches our new Amn this douchery?

In reality your a hypocrite cause your piggybacking on a post that was already piggybacked.

Rizzo77
09-04-2013, 02:03 AM
I'd like to piggyback on Bruwin's post. He made a point, and other people can make points, too.

Mr. Happy
09-04-2013, 02:14 AM
I'd like to piggyback on Bruwin's post. He made a point, and other people can make points, too.

I'd like to piggyback on Rizzo77's piggyback on Bruwin's piggyback on the points they made about people piggybacking.

Absinthe Anecdote
09-04-2013, 09:10 AM
I'd like to piggyback on Rizzo77's piggyback on Bruwin's piggyback on the points they made about people piggybacking.

You are right on target to hit the nail on the head.

I'd just like to agree with the other people who agreed that we are all in agreement here.

technomage1
09-04-2013, 09:39 AM
I bet she was a renter.

Wonder what's going on with our former resident gadfly? I can't get the court page open on my ipad for some reason.

20+Years
09-04-2013, 01:54 PM
In reality your a hypocrite cause your piggybacking on a post that was already piggybacked.

DAMMIT! Your right...

:banghead:

ConfusedAirman
09-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Cliché - close rocks and far rocks.

jshiver15
09-04-2013, 03:42 PM
I hate it when the exec or lackey who is gathering slides for the meeting not only harasses you about when to submit your slides, but also wonders if you used the correct shade of yellow, instead of citrine or goldenrod...

This.

Most of my experience with this guy/girl is the Army S2. Most of the time if I'm briefing during a BUB/CUB I include a stoplight chart (green, yellow, red). I've had two different S2's from two different battalions bitch that one of my colors (specifically green and yellow) didn't match their unit crest. A) It's already built into the macro, I'm not fucking changing it because you're a pansy 1Lt who want to impress an 05 and B) STFU

20+Years
09-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Yes..yes... I'm a pilot.

GoatDriver57
09-12-2013, 07:37 PM
(Quote; ""Let me piggyback on what the (whoever) is trying to say."

Then we get these 'know-it-all piggybacking A-holes to blind side the presenter.