PDA

View Full Version : This place is going to the dogs

Drackore
08-30-2013, 02:11 PM
I get you wanted to clean the place up, and I already know that within an hour of me posting it you are going to move it...but seriously, chill out. We had a comfort zone for a reason. Yes, it needed some cleaning, but you went from one extreme to another. You're going to alienate the people that do come here and post constructively. Then you are going to start begging for people to post...and frankly no one will want to.

Loosen the iron grip, boy-o.

CJSmith
08-30-2013, 04:05 PM
I don't see any question marks in the OP. Curious why this was moved to the questions forum?

imnohero
08-30-2013, 05:44 PM
Maybe because there's not a "Bi***es, Whines, and Complaints" forum? :couch:

sandsjames
08-31-2013, 12:43 AM
Maybe because there's not a "Bi***es, Whines, and Complaints" forum? :couch:

Did the word "bitches" get edited automatically, did you type it that way, or did the mods change it? Either way, bitch, in the way you used it, is not even close to a swear word and shouldn't have to be edited.

imnohero
08-31-2013, 12:53 AM
I did it.

I figure if someone is going to use the term "boy-o"...a little subtle self-editing is in order.

AJBIGJ
08-31-2013, 02:02 AM
I'm just interested in seeing the "Market Response" to the products and services being provided.

sandsjames
08-31-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm just interested in seeing the "Market Response" to the products and services being provided.

You're already seeing it. And the forum is no longer about any discussion other than the mods. Kinda like the NCOIC or officer who wants to be in the spotlight. In every sporting event you'll hear that if you notice the referees then they aren't doing their job right. This forum is now about nothing more than the egos of those who "run" the place. Where's Alice when you really need her?

RFScott
08-31-2013, 02:25 PM
You're already seeing it. And the forum is no longer about any discussion other than the mods. Kinda like the NCOIC or officer who wants to be in the spotlight. In every sporting event you'll hear that if you notice the referees then they aren't doing their job right. This forum is now about nothing more than the egos of those who "run" the place. Where's Alice when you really need her?

Isn't that how it was before? About the egos of a few self-serving or disruptive posters? ;)

imnohero
08-31-2013, 04:59 PM
Isn't that how it was before? About the egos of a few self-serving or disruptive posters? ;)

and PT....don't forget PT, everything is about PT.

Drackore
08-31-2013, 05:43 PM
There were good solid topics, and there were posters that would post good solid advice. Sure we all got side tracked and "off topic", but if this dildos are going to fucking categorize every god damn thing into neat little fruity baskets...this place will fizzle out and die.

sandsjames
08-31-2013, 06:11 PM

But that part is simple. If you don't like the "disruptive" ones, you can choose to ignore. Those who chose NOT to ignore, then continued to bitch about it, are just as guilty as the "disruptive" ones. In this situation, the mods are like over involved parents at a PTA. They will complain that the channel should be removed if they see a show they don't like. Instead, what should be done is that they change the channel.

imnohero
08-31-2013, 06:12 PM
Drak, I doubt that very much.

RFScott
08-31-2013, 06:19 PM
But that part is simple. If you don't like the "disruptive" ones, you can choose to ignore. Those who chose NOT to ignore, then continued to bitch about it, are just as guilty as the "disruptive" ones. In this situation, the mods are like over involved parents at a PTA. They will complain that the channel should be removed if they see a show they don't like. Instead, what should be done is that they change the channel.

I agree, which is why I used the ignore feature with a few posters for a time. The point still stands about certain posters treating this place as their personal playground and feeling victimized when the mods reigned them in.

sandsjames
08-31-2013, 06:32 PM
I agree, which is why I used the ignore feature with a few posters for a time. The point still stands about certain posters treating this place as their personal playground and feeling victimized when the mods reigned them in.

I think your misspelling (or misuse) of the word "reigned" is quite appropriate for this topic.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-31-2013, 06:33 PM
The disruptive posters (i.e, GF...cough, cough) are gone. There is now peace. Boring peace, but peace.

sandsjames
08-31-2013, 06:40 PM
The disruptive posters (i.e, GF...cough, cough) are gone. There is now peace. Boring peace, but peace.

And, of course, that's what you want on a forum. Boring topics, boring conversation.

imnohero
08-31-2013, 07:00 PM
Are we going through this again? Just because you find it boring doesn't mean everyone does.

RS6405
09-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Are we going through this again? Just because you find it boring doesn't mean everyone does.

Well of course not. There are far too many individuals here to have the same opinion on any subject. I believe he is just saying that he wants variety in the postings to match the larger spectrum of interests than just the few complacent individuals who are satisfied with the status quo.

Okie
09-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Have all the dissenting opinion you want. Follow the TOS. Don't act like a donkey's sphincter. You should be fine.

sandsjames
09-01-2013, 01:29 PM

What I'm saying is I enjoy the occasional off topic rant thread...Now those either get closed right away or the ranter gets banned.

sandsjames
09-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Have all the dissenting opinion you want. Follow the TOS. Don't act like a donkey's sphincter. You should be fine.

There you go...fall in line...don't question the rules...don't question the methods. Kind of ironic considering your sig line quote.

Okie
09-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Not what I'm saying at all. In fact, I just gave my dissenting opinion on MTF moderation in another thread. What I am saying is that dissent and acting like an adult are not mutually exclusive. I don't think I've ever received a warning here, and I disagree plenty.

Drackore
09-01-2013, 05:04 PM
And we're down to the same 3-4 people posting now. Weee...we're really going to have great conversations now. yawn

Okie
09-01-2013, 05:09 PM
It was probably the same 3-4 people before just using multiple accounts.

imnohero
09-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Maybe if you put as much effort into contributing something worthwhile, as you putting into griping...

Rainmaker
09-03-2013, 09:12 PM
I get you wanted to clean the place up, and I already know that within an hour of me posting it you are going to move it...but seriously, chill out. We had a comfort zone for a reason. Yes, it needed some cleaning, but you went from one extreme to another. You're going to alienate the people that do come here and post constructively. Then you are going to start begging for people to post...and frankly no one will want to.

Loosen the iron grip, boy-o.

The message bored was getting too controversial. Gannet company gots a bidness model to protec. too much discussion on a privately owned forum bad for bidness. Rainmaker find such topics as Grossest shop issues, most hated AFSC's and Korean Juicy girl crack downs very Riveting.

CYBERFX1024
09-03-2013, 10:18 PM
The message bored was getting too controversial. Gannet company gots a bidness model to protec. too much discussion on a privately owned forum bad for bidness. Rainmaker find such topics as Grossest shop issues, most hated AFSC's and Korean Juicy girl crack downs very Riveting.

Where the hell is a juicy girl I need a beer.