PDA

View Full Version : AAFES Ready-To-Wear Uniform Website

TREYSLEDGE
08-27-2013, 08:11 AM
Does anyone have any experience using the AAFES Ready-To-Wear Uniform Website? How long did it take to receive your order? Was everything sewn on properly?

For those who don't know, it is a website where you order your ABUs and it arrives with everything sewn on and "Ready-To-Wear." But, once you place the order there are no returns, exhanges or refunds.

I'm at a location with no military clothing store. I've tried getting stuff sewn on my ABUs through local alterations shops. Even though I take the picture from the uniform instruction with me and explain how to do it, they can't do it just right. Language barrier and metric system may be adding to the issue.

technomage1
08-27-2013, 12:02 PM
I used to use it and it took about a month. I never had issues. But the last time I looked a few months ago, it didn't state if the ABUs on it were RABU or ABU. So I emailed the site and asked the question since I wanted only the RABU. Weeks later I get this response that told me to ask my local chain of command before asking them questions.

So Kellac got my $300+ uniform order instead. And I know its against the AFI not to buy from AAFES and I don't care. Give me lousy service and I purchase elsewhere. US patriot also sells them with all the stuff sewn on. It took the same amount of time as AAFES did to ship.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-27-2013, 12:16 PM
I used to use it and it took about a month. I never had issues. But the last time I looked a few months ago, it didn't state if the ABUs on it were RABU or ABU. So I emailed the site and asked the question. Weeks later I get this response that told me to ask my local chain of command before asking them questions.

So Kellac got my $300+ uniform order instead. And I know its against the AFI not to buy from AAFES and I don't care. Give me lousy service and I purchase elsewhere.

That's so outlandish it is funny! Did they really phrase it that way?

What the hell would your local chain of command know about what uniforms AAFES has on stock.

That almost sounds like the kind of snarky email I'd send out if I were feeling bored and just wanted to mess with someone.

20+Years
08-27-2013, 12:27 PM
I would have forwarded to my chain of command.

technomage1
08-27-2013, 12:34 PM
That's so outlandish it is funny! Did they really phrase it that way?

What the hell would your local chain of command know about what uniforms AAFES has on stock.

That almost sounds like the kind of snarky email I'd send out if I were feeling bored and just wanted to mess with someone.

I can't remember the exact wording and I've since deleted it, but that was the gist of it. I was to work through my local chain of command for uniform questions. About what their website sells.

It's still not on there by the way. If anyone has ordered lately, I'd be curious to know what mystery ABU you got.

wxjumper
08-27-2013, 01:01 PM
Because that is what the Chain of Command is for! To answer AAFES questions.

TREYSLEDGE
08-27-2013, 01:04 PM
I used to use it and it took about a month. I never had issues. But the last time I looked a few months ago, it didn't state if the ABUs on it were RABU or ABU. So I emailed the site and asked the question since I wanted only the RABU. Weeks later I get this response that told me to ask my local chain of command before asking them questions.

So Kellac got my $300+ uniform order instead. And I know its against the AFI not to buy from AAFES and I don't care. Give me lousy service and I purchase elsewhere. US patriot also sells them with all the stuff sewn on. It took the same amount of time as AAFES did to ship.

Thanks for the feedback. Right now the website lists the RABU is what you can order. Can't get the ABUs anymore.

technomage1
08-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Right now the website lists the RABU is what you can order. Can't get the ABUs anymore.

Right....is that in the ready to wear section? When I looked this morning I still didn't see it there. It says ABU and shows an ABU. And my guys are still showing up from basic with ABUs, so they are still getting through stock there.

EDIT: I didn't go far enough this morning. If you click the down arrow on the coat or trousers it says RABU. In May when I asked my question it did not. Mystery solved!

Until my question/strange response I have never had a problem with AAFES and I ordered uniforms from them quite a lot. My recent Kellac experience was also good.

technomage1
08-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Because that is what the Chain of Command is for! To answer AAFES questions.

To be fair, I couldn't figure out from their response if they meant AAFES chain or "the" chain...but it doesn't matter. Neither would know.