PDA

View Full Version : WA teens beat WWII vet to death

Pullinteeth
08-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Where is the sport in beating an 88 year old man to death while he sits in his car?

http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-news/elderly-man-dies-after-being-attacked-outside-ice-arena/-/101214/21574858/-/9flm7iz/-/index.html

Class5Kayaker
08-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Where's Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson leading marches in protest?....oh wait the victim was white and the perpetrators were black.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zfDZqiHzRF8/TOMgcYsS1eI/AAAAAAAAFuM/3WxgFC7t5JE/s400/nothinghere.jpg

Rusty Jones
08-23-2013, 02:32 PM
Lemme ask you something: why do so many people here want Jesse Jackson / Al Sharpton to speak for whites? Neither of the two are really respected among black people - it's the media and... people like those here on MTF that keep trying to "install" them as spokesmen for the black community.

If you want them; you can HAVE them.

But before their transition over to speaking for whites is complete; what I suggest that you do in the meantime is find a white speaker; one who speaks out for injustices against whites committed by brown people.

People will call it "racist" you say? Sure, they will. No different from people calling it racist when black speakers only speak for injustices against blacks. But, at the time; I'm sure that blacks will be pretty happy with the fact there's some equilibrium, and will no longer have to listen to "Where's Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson for THIS" anymore.

20+Years
08-23-2013, 02:57 PM
das rasis

imnohero
08-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Umm, I don't think anyone actually wants (or expects) them to? It's a lame hackneyed rhetorical gambit meant to point out the hypocrisy in the "black leadership" and media.

Of course, pointing out the hypocrisy of the media, politicians, community leaders, spokespersons, etc. is like calling the sky blue...OK, they are hypocrites, we all know it. No one really respects them, and we all know that. So what ELSE do you have to say?

efmbman
08-23-2013, 03:07 PM
...what I suggest that you do in the meantime is find a white speaker; one who speaks out for injustices against whites committed by brown people.

You know as well as I do that such a speaker would immediately be branded as the Imperial Wizard of the KKK. "imnohero" is right on the money regarding the hipocrisy.

Rusty Jones
08-23-2013, 03:15 PM
You know as well as I do that such a speaker would immediately be branded as the Imperial Wizard of the KKK. "imnohero" is right on the money regarding the hipocrisy.

Did you or did you not pay attention to the last paragraph of my previous post where I addressed this?

efmbman
08-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Did you or did you not pay attention to the last paragraph of my previous post where I addressed this?

Relax... there is a good chance I was writing my reply as you were editing your post. It happens.

AJBIGJ
08-23-2013, 03:32 PM
This is kind of becoming a pet peeve for me as well. I'm not sure why we even add to their ratings by highlighting the "Selective Moral Outrage".

There is one reason you will consistently see, at the very least in the case of "Reverend Al", shoving demagoguery and hyperbole down our throats every chance he gets. It sells! Not very well right now so-to-speak, but it's his branding, his "Colgate", "McDonalds", or "Chevrolet" if you will. When people who do tune into "Reverend Al" or whatever his program is called these days, they do so with the expectation to see certain things, kind of like people who watch "Jerry Springer" for entertainment purposes. Some people who do so get caught up in the melodrama. NEWS FLASH! Some people are NOT THAT BRIGHT! You'll see the same types of stuff coming from Rachel Maddow for Feminazi's and from Glenn Beck for kooks. Their brand sells, at least to an extent, so they build ratings using that brand effectively. Anyone who lacks the critical thinking ability to slag through the mire and repeats their ranting as gospel flat out deserves to be humiliated when they encounter a genuine critical thinker. Although more than likely they would never know it because, despite all evidence to the contrary, more than likely they will continue to repeat the very same nonsense and never acknowledge anything factual when it is presented that contradicts their position.

IF you really want to end Reverend Al's or anyone's intellectual poison in the entertainment industry, the only effective way to go about it is to completely ignore it. IF YOU REPEAT IT, EVEN IF ONLY TO SHOW HOW STUPID AND HYPOCRITICAL IT IS, YOU WILL ONLY MAKE HIM MORE SUCCESSFUL!!! Ratings and controversy go hand-in-hand. Reverend Al would like nothing more than to have people on the right throwing out labels like race-baiter and selective morale outrage in his direction. It pretty much ensures he'll have a larger audience that night. It's free advertising, pure and simple. In the same thread, I'm sure Rush Limbaugh is probably grinning like a Cheshire Cat every time something he says puts "feminazi's" off the deep end, how do you think he got where he is in radio if not for such things?

Rant over...

sandsjames
08-23-2013, 03:41 PM
Hopefully people realize by now (as AJ alluded to) that Sharpton/Jackson have done nothing more than market themselves. It's all show, and it's all about making money. This is why they are rich and famous. You don't think they'd be doing what they do for nothing, do you? They are playing roles, and they are successful at it.

USN - Retired
08-23-2013, 04:08 PM
If Delbert Belton had been armed with a gun and if he had shot and killed his attackers, then MANY people would probably be saying that Delbert had killed those "kids" without any good reason. Additionally, Sharpton/Jackson would already be "on scene" demanding that Delbert be arrested for murder.

20+Years
08-23-2013, 04:16 PM
^^ 100% Correct

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-23-2013, 05:53 PM
I'd like to see Obama get on TV to publicly condemn this hate crime against the defenseless old white man. If not this tragic incident, then the recent hate crime against the Australian student, or the hate crime against the white kid on the school bus who was beaten by the black kids.

Let's not kid ourselves. If the victims in ANY of these three hate crimes were black, and perpetrators white, then there would be rioters in the streets DEMANDING "justice."

Pullinteeth
08-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Well....this thread went sideways pretty quickly. Regardless of the race of the victim or the accused, IMO this is a horrendous crime. Would it be nice if it got the attention some other cases get? Sure. Is every crime a "hate crime?" Not exactly-negligent homocide for instance but MOST are so adding the whole "hate crime" B.S. to make the punishment worse is asinine to me but... Either way a combat wounded WWII vet is dead...

AJBIGJ
08-23-2013, 06:29 PM
Well....this thread went sideways pretty quickly. Regardless of the race of the victim or the accused, IMO this is a horrendous crime. Would it be nice if it got the attention some other cases get? Sure. Is every crime a "hate crime?" Not exactly-negligent homocide for instance but MOST are so adding the whole "hate crime" B.S. to make the punishment worse is asinine to me but... Either way a combat wounded WWII vet is dead...

On that note, why refer to any crime as a "hate" crime? To me it seems silly to treat any crime such as say "A&B, Murder One, Two, Manslaughter, Rape/Sexual Assault" or any such thing any differently based simply on the disposition of the individual who is the victim as it compares to the disposition of the perpetrator.

Class5Kayaker
08-23-2013, 06:29 PM

My bad on that one coach...sorry! ;)

garhkal
08-23-2013, 06:39 PM
The liberals are probably going to try to paint this one as misunderstood youth with unhappy childhoods... so it was actually "white people's fault" that they went and murdered a veteran. Jesus... what's happened to my country?

Its already starting with that trio of kids who murdered that Aussie student.

Let's not kid ourselves. If the victims in ANY of these three hate crimes were black, and perpetrators white, then there would be rioters in the streets DEMANDING "justice."

Exactly. Black v's white, lets show how much the perps were 'victims of society's ills.
White vs blacks, lets riot till we get 'justice.

RFScott
08-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Updated: 1 suspect in custody with the other identified. Seems like a busy day in Spokane...there is also a police standoff with a possible hostage situation (most likely unrelated to this case). Below is the story from the Spokane Spokesman:

Police are still hunting for one of the suspected killers in the beating death of a World War II veteran. One suspect was arrested last night.

In custody is Demetrius Glenn, 16, who was booked into Spokane County’s juvenile detention facility last night and is facing murder and robbery charges in connection with the Wednesday beating of 88-year-old Delbert Belton, who was waiting for a friend outside Spokane’s Eagle’s Lodge.

Police are searching for Kenan Adams-Kinard, the second suspect in the beating.

Police Chief Frank Straub said Adams-Kinard should be considered a threat to the community and should not be contacted. He urged anyone who sees him or has information to call 911 at once.

A witness reported seeing Belton’s parked car in the parking lot and Glenn and Adams-Kinard fleeing over a nearby fence, according to an affidavit. Belton’s body was wedged in between the two seats, covered in blood with several injuries to his face and head. Surveillance footage shows the two running through several parking lots.

Detectives also found a bloody glove on the corner of Lidgerwood and Francis, and believe it belongs to one of the suspects, according to the affidavit. They also found footprints running from the scene.

Glenn turned himself in through his attorney Thursday at about 9:45 p.m. in the area of Francis and Market. Glenn was arrested and transported to the police station. Police saw a cut and abrasion on Glenn’s right hand, according to the affidavit.

During an interview, police asked Glenn to stand up and show what he was wearing.

“These are not the shorts from the video,” Glenn said, according to the affidavit.

Both suspects have violent criminal records, according to court documents. Adams-Kinard was convicted of third-degree theft and fourth-degree assault in June, and Glenn has a history of fourth-degree assault, riot and eluding law enforcement. Glenn also has two pending charges of mischevious mischief and driving with a suspended license.

Belton died of his injuries early Thursday morning. The medical examiner said Friday that Belton died of “blunt facial and head injuries” and ruled the death a homicide.

Friends remembered Belton on Thursday as a skilled steelworker, a lover of old cars and a light-footed dancer. He was nicknamed “Shorty” for his five-foot frame. Belton was shot in the leg during the Battle of Okinawa and was reticent to talk about the war when he returned, friends said. To read more about Belton’s life, click over to the story that appeared in Friday morning’s Spokesman-Review.

Belton’s death prompted a passionate outpouring of grief and anger on social media. Many national news outlets have picked up the story of his life and death.

Link to the article: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/aug/23/police-arrest-one-suspect-wwii-vet-beating-death/

Class5Kayaker
08-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Glenn turned himself in through his attorney Thursday at about 9:45 p.m. in the area of Francis and Market. Glenn was arrested and transported to the police station. Police saw a cut and abrasion on Glenn’s right hand, according to the affidavit.

During an interview, police asked Glenn to stand up and show what he was wearing.

“These are not the shorts from the video,” Glenn said, according to the affidavit.

Not saying I wish he hadn't said this (because it will help put these guys away), but what kind of attorney lets his client be interviewed on a murder case and lets him say something like that?? A good attorney would have said, "My client invokes his 5th Ammendment rights and you can have the DA question him at trial if you get enough evidence to convince a grand jury to try my client."

One of two things happened here: 1) His attorney is a complete idiot (Maybe the parents knew a divorce attorney and hired him or something) or 2) He didn't do the actual killing and they're trying to work a plea deal for accessory or something with his client giving info against the guy still at large .

USN - Retired
08-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Well, maybe and because no one is supporting the killers...they didn't get released after questioning...

Comparing the GZ/TM incident to the recent cases is way off base.

TM was viciously attacking GZ when GZ shot TM. Pictures of GZ's injuries are available on the web. GZ defended himself and he is still alive. Delbert Belton and Christopher Lane did not defend themselves, and they are dead. If GZ had not defended himself, TM would have probably killed him.

USN - Retired
08-23-2013, 08:26 PM
and because no one is supporting the killers......

The parents of the killers are supporting the killers.

USN - Retired
08-23-2013, 08:37 PM
1. TM

2. The three kids who attacked another kid on the school bus

3. Killers of Christopher Lane

4. Killers of Delbert Belton

Common denominator of all of them - they had not been raised well by their parents?? Just askin'

garhkal
08-24-2013, 02:28 AM
1. TM

2. The three kids who attacked another kid on the school bus

3. Killers of Christopher Lane

4. Killers of Delbert Belton

Common denominator of all of them - they had not been raised well by their parents?? Just askin'

Is that supposed to be an excuse for their actions?

bombsquadron6
08-24-2013, 07:35 PM
The parents of the killers are supporting the killers.
The ones who aren't in jail themselves anyway.....

Gonzo432
08-24-2013, 10:28 PM
If Delbert Belton had been armed with a gun and if he had shot and killed his attackers, then MANY people would probably be saying that Delbert had killed those "kids" without any good reason. Additionally, Sharpton/Jackson would already be "on scene" demanding that Delbert be arrested for murder.

Shorty Belton wouldn't be portrayed as a good man who survived the Battle of Okinawa all those years ago. He'd be the racist who murdered unarmed black teens in cold blood.

A while back I was in the gun store down the road. A older gentleman came in and told one of the employees he hadn't fired a gun since Korea, but thought with the state of things in the area he should be armed. The man left the store with a .357 magnum revolver. Something tells me Shorty Belton last fired a gun on Okinawa.

USN - Retired
08-25-2013, 02:10 AM
Is that supposed to be an excuse for their actions?

Excuse - no. Hypothesis - yes. Explanation - perhaps.

John Drake
08-25-2013, 02:16 AM
Shorty Belton wouldn't be portrayed as a good man who survived the Battle of Okinawa all those years ago. He'd be the racist who murdered unarmed black teens in cold blood.

A while back I was in the gun store down the road. A older gentleman came in and told one of the employees he hadn't fired a gun since Korea, but thought with the state of things in the area he should be armed. The man left the store with a .357 magnum revolver. Something tells me Shorty Belton last fired a gun on Okinawa.

I really doubt any mainstream person would judge an elderly war vet for defending himself against muggers?

Now judging a 20-something young man who had previous run-ins with the police who killed a 17-year old outside his own house? Apples and oranges. No comparison.

Gonzo432
08-25-2013, 11:56 AM
I really doubt any mainstream person would judge an elderly war vet for defending himself against muggers?

Now judging a 20-something young man who had previous run-ins with the police who killed a 17-year old who assaulted him outside his own house? Apples and oranges. No comparison.

Is your first sentence a statement or a question? "Mainstream person"? Is that "reasonable person" or mainstream media"?

I edited your 2nd sentence, a lot of the so-called "mainstream persons" leave that out.

John Drake
08-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Is your first sentence a statement or a question? "Mainstream person"? Is that "reasonable person" or mainstream media"?

The question mark was an accident, apparently I haven't earned an "edit" button yet.

But point being, its a generally accepted rule in every culture that you don't mess with the elderly. So again, I find it a far-fetched theory that people would give a frail little old man in the last years of his life grief for using a gun to defend himself against muggers.

I edited your 2nd sentence, a lot of the so-called "mainstream persons" leave that out.

There was an incident a few years back at a parking lot off base where car and bike enthusiasts would hang out and show off their wheels to each other - a civilian showed up in his truck and got into a confrontation with one of the Marines present. Like in the Zimmerman case, the exact chain of events are confused - but at some point during the conflict the civilian pulled a gun. The Marine disarmed him, disassembled the gun and threw the pieces across the parking lot, then his buddies jumped in and they beat the living tar out of the civilian. Why? Because it was extremely rude and unsporting for the civilian to bring deadly force into a fist fight.

Bottom line - it isn't a great idea to be wandering around alone at night with a gun looking to start shit with people. Leave the gun at home and bring a battle buddy instead.

grimreaper
08-26-2013, 04:41 AM
I'd like to see Obama get on TV to publicly condemn this hate crime against the defenseless old white man. If not this tragic incident, then the recent hate crime against the Australian student, or the hate crime against the white kid on the school bus who was beaten by the black kids.

If Obama had a thug, I mean son, he'd look like...

Kenan Adams-Kinard. 16 y/o Black male, 5'10", 174 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Thug number 2.

John Drake
08-26-2013, 05:01 AM
I'm not exactly sure where the supposed "scandal" is, considering the perpetrators were captured and brought to justice.

grimreaper
08-26-2013, 05:06 AM
I'm not exactly sure where the supposed "scandal" is, considering the perpetrators were captured and brought to justice.

Who said there is a scandal? It most certainly points out the hypocrisy and double standard of the race pimps and the media however. And no, they haven't been brought to justice. When they are convicted and rotting in a prison cell for the rest of their worthless lives as inmate # XXXX, at that time they will have been brought to justice.

John Drake
08-26-2013, 05:18 AM
Who said there is a scandal? It most certainly points out the hypocrisy and double standard of the race pimps and the media however.

Right or wrong, there was the PERCEPTION that an obviously guilty Zimmerman had been let off the hook by the police without a proper investigation. From what I understand, these teenagers were caught fairly quickly. No similarity. You're trying too hard.

And no, they haven't been brought to justice. When they are convicted and rotting in a prison cell for the rest of their worthless lives as inmate # XXXX, at that time they will have been brought to justice.

Hmmm so let me get this straight - you want a fair trial only for people you like, is that it? Very interesting. So if the jury - for whatever odd reason - decided to pass a "not guilty" verdict, you would be up in arms? Who's the hypocrite now?

grimreaper
08-26-2013, 05:31 AM
Right or wrong, there was the PERCEPTION that an obviously guilty Zimmerman had been let off the hook by the police without a proper investigation. From what I understand, these teenagers were caught fairly quickly. No similarity. You're trying too hard.

That PERCEPTION was held by people who completely disregarded the FACTS of the case because the FACTS didn't matter to them. That media invented monster or "cracker" named George Zimmerman WAS arrested, tried and found not guilty of the crimes he was tried on. Apparently, this is a sore spot with you. I suggest you get over it.

Hmmm so let me get this straight - you want a fair trial only for people you like, is that it? Very interesting. So if the jury - for whatever odd reason - decided to pass a "not guilty" verdict, you would be up in arms?

LOL, nice try. Not playing hypothetical games with you. And are you REALLY trying to downplay the obvious difference in media coverage and selective outrage in the GZ trial compared with what we are seeing now with these recent cases?

John Drake
08-26-2013, 05:41 AM
That PERCEPTION was held by people who completely disregarded the FACTS of the case because the FACTS didn't matter to them. That media invented monster or "cracker" named George Zimmerman WAS arrested, tried and found not guilty of the crimes he was tried on. Apparently, this is a sore spot with you. I suggest you get over it.

I can't say I'm particulary happy about the Zimmerman verdict, but the man has had his day in court and the verdict has been decided.

The person who can't get over it is apparently YOU. YOU'RE the one making a fuss over imaginary hypocrisy and conspiracy theories. YOU are the one trying to compare totally irrelevant criminal cases desperately searching for a double standard that doesn't exist.

These kids were caught, put on trial, and will almost certainly be convicted. Again, absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

LOL, nice try. Not playing hypothetical games with you. And are you REALLY trying to downplay the obvious difference in media coverage and selective outrage in the GZ trial compared with what we are seeing now with these recent cases?

I applaud the police for handling this case so efficiently. Why would I bash them for doing a good job?

grimreaper
08-26-2013, 05:48 AM
These kids were caught, put on trial, and will almost certainly be convicted. Again, absolutely no comparison whatsoever.

Apparently, I need to slow this down and repeat since you're obviously not getting it. The point is not about the actual cases. It is about the media coverage and the selective outrage from the people involved and their sudden silence when it comes to these cases.

John Drake
08-26-2013, 05:52 AM
Apparently, I need to slow this down and repeat since you're obviously not getting it. The point is not about the actual cases. It is about the media coverage and the selective outrage from the people involved and their sudden silence when it comes to these cases.

There is no outrage because there is nothing to be outraged about.

grimreaper
08-26-2013, 06:08 AM

LOL, So you're actually claiming that if Lane and Belton were black and their attackers were white boys that we'd still have silence out of people like Sharpton and Jackson?...that these great leaders of the black community, to include the NAACP, would not be crying how racist society is and that they were "hate crimes" and targeted because they were black? Or how the President goes on about how the victim could be his son (BTW, do you think Obama is going to make the same claim about these thugs?)... Is the Attorney General going to set up a "tip line" to dig up dirt to see if the perpetrators also violated the victim's civil rights?

You must be joking.

John Drake
08-26-2013, 06:17 AM
LOL, So you're actually claiming that if Lane and Belton were black and their attackers were white boys that we'd still have silence out of people like Sharpton and Jackson?...that these great leaders of the black community, to include the NAACP, would not be crying how racist society is and that they were "hate crimes" and targeted because they were black?

Why would black leaders be expected to speak for the white community? Are we lacking in our own spokespeople?

Would you be demanding that the coach of the Giants issue a statement after a Padres game?

Or how the President goes on about how the victim could be his son

How on earth could the victim look like Obama's son? Wasn't he like 90 million years old?

(BTW, do you think Obama is going to make the same claim about these thugs?)...

Why would he do that?

Is the Attorney General going to set up a "tip line" to dig up dirt to see if the perpetrators also violated the victim's civil rights?

Why would he do that? This looks like an open and shut case.

Oh and incidentally, I don't approve of the noise from the Obama Administration about the whole civil rights prosecution. Like I said earlier, the man had his day in court. Though I do think the case was bungled, its over and done with, time to move on.

You must be joking.

No, just cracking a smile at your enthusiasm and strong feelings for this case. :)

grimreaper
08-26-2013, 06:35 AM
Why would black leaders be expected to speak for the white community? Are we lacking in our own spokespeople?

Would you be demanding that the coach of the Giants issue a statement after a Padres game?

Horrible comparison and one that totally misses the point. It's not about the "white community". Why is it these guys/groups only get involved only when it's someone who has the same skin color as they do and are quick to throw the race card into it? And then you have the media fanning the flames and even going as far as editing tape to make it look even worse. Apparently you think the same way as they do.

How on earth could the victim look like Obama's son? Wasn't he like 90 million years old?

That's not what I'm saying...He claimed TM could be his son. O really? In that case, I guess these thugs could be too, right? Not going to hold my breath waiting for him to make comments on either of these cases.

No, just cracking a smile at your enthusiasm and strong feelings for this case.

I have an opinion, just as you do. If you didn't have strong feelings, I would question why you continue to post in this thread.

John Drake
08-26-2013, 06:42 AM
Horrible comparison and one that totally misses the point. It's not about the "white community". Why is it these guys/groups only get involved only when it's someone who has the same skin color as they do and are quick to throw the race card into it?

Why do you want them to get involved?

And then you have the media fanning the flames and even going as far as editing tape to make it look even worse. Apparently you think the same way as they do.

Well of course. That's their job. Sensational stories sell papers.

That's not what I'm saying...He claimed TM could be his son. O really? In that case, I guess these thugs could be too, right? Not going to hold my breath waiting for him to make comments on either of these cases.

Why would he even want to make such an absurd statement?

I have an opinion, just as you do. If you didn't have strong feelings, I would question why you continue to post in this thread.

I'm posting here because it amuses me to watch you get all hot around the collar about this.

grimreaper
08-26-2013, 06:53 AM
Why do you want them to get involved?

I don't necessarily want them involved. I want them to be consistent.

Well of course. That's their job. Slander sells papers.

Fixed it for ya. And they are being sued for it. Hopefully they get taught a lesson.

Why would he even want to make such an absurd statement?

No more absurd then the one he issued about TM.

I'm posting here because it amuses me to watch you get all hot around the collar about this.

I'm posting here because I'm amused at how easily you claim to be amused.

John Drake
08-26-2013, 07:00 AM
I don't necessarily want them involved. I want them to be consistent.

Oh yes, that's a compelling argument. Make a statement on every single murder in the United States. All 40 of them - every day.

And they are being sued for it. Hopefully they get taught a lesson.

Yes indeed, it's a risk that comes with the territory.

No more absurd then the one he issued about TM.

You are entitled to your beliefs.

I'm posting here because I'm amused at how easily you claim to be amused.

If that were true you wouldn't be so emotional.

grimreaper
08-26-2013, 08:19 AM
Oh yes, that's a compelling argument. Make a statement on every single murder in the United States. All 40 of them - every day.

They don't need to. The cases they do get involved in (Tawana Brawley, Duke Lacrosse Team, the Martin case, etc.) tell us all we need to know about them. You seem to have a stake in defending them when their hypocrisy is pointed out. Why?

If that were true you wouldn't be so emotional.

Interesting...where did you go to acquire the skill of determining someone's emotions from a bunch of different colored pixels on a computer screen?

giggawatt
08-26-2013, 09:20 AM
There is something familiar about John Drake.

RFScott
08-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Suspect number two is now in custody...

Kenan Adams-Kinard, the 16-year-old sought by police in connection with the killing of an 88-year-old World War II veteran, was arrested early today.

Spokane Police said they found Kinard in a basement apartment at 500 W. Montgomery just after 3 a.m. and took him into custody without incident.

Kinard was arrested on a warrant for 1st degree murder and 1st degree robbery.

He and 16-year-old Demetrious Glenn, who was arrested last week, are suspected of killing Belton as he sat in his car outside the Eagles Lodge in North Spokane.

Police said in a news release that several other people who were with Kinard have been arrested for rendering criminal assistance.

Spokane Police Chief Frank Straub will hold a press conference later today.

Link: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2013/aug/26/second-juvenile-arrested-delbert-belton-case/

John Drake
08-26-2013, 02:08 PM
They don't need to. The cases they do get involved in (Tawana Brawley, Duke Lacrosse Team, the Martin case, etc.) tell us all we need to know about them. You seem to have a stake in defending them when their hypocrisy is pointed out. Why?

All of those cases involved a black victim (except I'm not familiar with Brawley, haven't heard of that one), with an alleged white aggressor. What does that tell you? It tells me they speak up for black victims with alleged white aggressors.

Interesting...where did you go to acquire the skill of determining someone's emotions from a bunch of different colored pixels on a computer screen?

Chap, your posts are so drenched in anger and ideological fervor they're practically dripping off the screen onto my keyboard.

USN - Retired
08-26-2013, 04:37 PM
There is something familiar about John Drake.

I was thinking the same thing. Could he be the reincarnation of the late Joe Bonham?

Pullinteeth
08-26-2013, 05:07 PM

You don't find it outrageous that a WWII vet was beaten to death for no reason?

grimreaper
08-26-2013, 05:14 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Could he be the reincarnation of the late Joe Bonham?

Ding!!!! Winner, Winner...Chicken Dinner!!!

grimreaper
08-26-2013, 05:16 PM
All of those cases involved a black victim (except I'm not familiar with Brawley, haven't heard of that one), with an alleged white aggressor. What does that tell you? It tells me they speak up for black victims with alleged white aggressors.

Chap, your posts are so drenched in anger and ideological fervor they're practically dripping off the screen onto my keyboard.

OK, sure...since John Drake says so, it must be true!!

garhkal
08-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Ding!!!! Winner, Winner...Chicken Dinner!!!

He does have a certain familiarity to him.

grimreaper
08-26-2013, 05:39 PM
You don't find it outrageous that a WWII vet was beaten to death for no reason?

I'm guessing he would have found it outrageous at the point Mr. Belton pulls a gun and shoots his attackers.

Pullinteeth
08-30-2013, 01:58 PM
One of the suspects claims it was a crack deal gone wrong... From a strictly legal standpoint, wouldn't that make it WORSE? Then it would be murder during the commission of a a felony... No?

Gonzo432
08-30-2013, 02:12 PM
One of the suspects claims it was a crack deal gone wrong... From a strictly legal standpoint, wouldn't that make it WORSE? Then it would be murder during the commission of a a felony... No?

Just to make sure I'm tracking here, 88 year old FOE member, WWII combat vet selling/buying crack?? Viagra maybe? Naw, that's at the VFW:wall:

bombsquadron6
08-30-2013, 03:42 PM
Earlier on this thread John Drake said he was not familiar with the Tawana Brawley "incident." Anyone who is interested in the current state of race relations in this country should be familiar with it. From Wikipedia- "Tawana Glenda Brawley (born 1972) is an African-American woman from Wappingers Falls, New York, who gained notoriety in 1987–88 for falsely accusing six white men of having raped her. The charges received widespread national attention because of her age (15), the persons accused (including police officers and a prosecuting attorney), and the shocking state in which Brawley was found after the rape (in a trash bag, with racial slurs written on her body and covered in feces). Brawley's accusations were given widespread media attention in part from the involvement of her advisers, including the Reverend Al Sharpton and attorneys Alton H. Maddox and C. Vernon Mason.[1] After hearing evidence, a grand jury concluded in October 1988 that Brawley had not been the victim of a forcible sexual assault and that she herself may have created the appearance of an attack.[2] The New York prosecutor whom Brawley had accused as one of her alleged assailants successfully sued Brawley and her three advisers for defamation.[3]

This is the case that started Al Sharpton's illustrious career as a race baiter. He was later sued for defamation in the Brawley case and was found liable for making defamatory statements. His judgment was paid in part by Johnnie Cochran. It is likely that Brawley's mother and stepfather were involved in the hoax as well. I'm old enough to vividly remember this case which truly shocked the nation but turned out to be a despicable hoax made worse by Al Sharpton. I have despised him ever since and have watched in stunned disbelief as he became a "spokesman" for blacks. His career has been spent driving the wedge between blacks and whites even deeper.

bombsquadron6
08-30-2013, 03:44 PM
BTW-What happened to John Drake? Did he get so wound up he got banned? Sheesh...Is it that hard to be civil when discussing politics and current events?

RFScott
08-30-2013, 03:49 PM
BTW-What happened to John Drake? Did he get so wound up he got banned? Sheesh...Is it that hard to be civil when discussing politics and current events?

The John Drake account was banned because it was allegedly an alternate account of Tak/Godfather...

Rusty Jones
08-30-2013, 04:00 PM
The John Drake account was banned because it was allegedly an alternate account of Tak/Godfather...

All it takes are allegations, right?

Tak is nowhere near capable of posting the long and coherent thoughts that John Drake posted.

RFScott
08-30-2013, 04:06 PM
All it takes are allegations, right?

Tak is nowhere near capable of posting the long and coherent thoughts that John Drake posted.

I guess, but I have no unique knowledge of the circumstances surrounding the ban, just what we were told. I would have put my money on John Drake being a reincarnation of Joe Bonham, but you never know.

Back to the topic, Delbert Belton was buried yesterday will full military honors: http://www.spokesman.com/picture-stories/delbert-belton-buried-military-honors/

Pullinteeth
08-30-2013, 04:26 PM
Outrageous...sure. Controversial, no. These killers don't have half the country supporting them...that is the difference.

Never said it was. IMO, there is virtually no comparison to TM/GZ...the thread was started because it seemed like a kindof shitty thing to do-beat some old guy to death while he sat in his car.

garhkal
08-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Earlier on this thread John Drake said he was not familiar with the Tawana Brawley "incident." Anyone who is interested in the current state of race relations in this country should be familiar with it. From Wikipedia- "Tawana Glenda Brawley (born 1972) is an African-American woman from Wappingers Falls, New York, who gained notoriety in 1987–88 for falsely accusing six white men of having raped her. The charges received widespread national attention because of her age (15), the persons accused (including police officers and a prosecuting attorney), and the shocking state in which Brawley was found after the rape (in a trash bag, with racial slurs written on her body and covered in feces). Brawley's accusations were given widespread media attention in part from the involvement of her advisers, including the Reverend Al Sharpton and attorneys Alton H. Maddox and C. Vernon Mason.[1] After hearing evidence, a grand jury concluded in October 1988 that Brawley had not been the victim of a forcible sexual assault and that she herself may have created the appearance of an attack.[2] The New York prosecutor whom Brawley had accused as one of her alleged assailants successfully sued Brawley and her three advisers for defamation.[3]

This is the case that started Al Sharpton's illustrious career as a race baiter. He was later sued for defamation in the Brawley case and was found liable for making defamatory statements. His judgment was paid in part by Johnnie Cochran. It is likely that Brawley's mother and stepfather were involved in the hoax as well. I'm old enough to vividly remember this case which truly shocked the nation but turned out to be a despicable hoax made worse by Al Sharpton. I have despised him ever since and have watched in stunned disbelief as he became a "spokesman" for blacks. His career has been spent driving the wedge between blacks and whites even deeper.

If sharpton was found liable, why did chochran pay some of it?

bombsquadron6
09-01-2013, 05:31 PM
If sharpton was found liable, why did chochran pay some of it? I don't know. Maybe Cochran thought the attention that Sharpton got was worth it despite the dishonest grandstanding.

grimreaper
09-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Right...tell that to the people wondering why Obama, et. al. commented on GM/TZ, but maybe not this case.

Yeah, nothing wrong with the POTUS commenting on the case that was still under investigation. Oh, wait...reagarding Behghazi, he said he wasn't going to comment on something that is still being investigated. Hmmm, why the obvious double standard?...not to mention that it can complicate jury selection when you have the President chiming in.

Kind of like when he opened his mouth regarding Prefessor Gates being arrested when he admittedly said he didn't even know the details of the case, but yet he said the police acted "stupidly". Again, why is the POTUS injecting himself into local law enforcement issues?

Sorry, but this guy has a history of selectively injecting himself into issues of race.

grimreaper
09-03-2013, 06:04 PM
So...if he comments, he is wrong. If he doesn't comment, he is wrong.

got it.

If he doesn't comment, he is wrong

Who said this?

grimreaper
09-03-2013, 06:26 PM
Wrong for not commenting.

When he selects not to, he's wrong.

Yup, just as I said because he is "selectively" commenting...i.e. not consistent. Here's a better idea...be quiet, especially when you admittedly don't know the details...or decide to come up with the excuse that you don't comment on matters under investigation when it's convenient for you, but throw that "rule" out the window for other things.

grimreaper
09-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Of course he is going to "selectively" comment...who doesn't?

What's the alternatives...comment on everything, or comment on nothing? Hey grim, you don't post on every thread here...why are you selectively posting? Hypocrite!

This is just stupid...

Really? Who were all these recent past Presidents commenting on all these local issues? And do you have a habit of making determinations on who "acted stupidly" when you just got done saying you don't even know the details?

Sure, comment on it all you want, but don't bitch about it when people call you out for doing so.

grimreaper
09-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Really, Obama was the first President to comment on things going on in the country?

Local law enforcement cases? Really? You can show me a case of a President chiming in on a local case of a man being arrested for something as trivial as the Gates story? I thought President's had more important things to do...like trying to come up with reasons why we need to start another war.

When did he do this?

He didn't, but it appears that some people have a problem when others point out the selective comments of this POTUS when he gets involved in racial cases that just so happen to always weigh heavily in favor of his own, even if he admittedly pleads ingnorance of the facts.

grimreaper
09-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Do I have to have one for each President? I can already see you "qualifying it"...with "as trivial as..." I guess we'll go through this...I'll post some quotes while you explain why each one is different...and "not the same"...or "not as trivial", etc.

Of course, trivial quotes will be a little harder to find in research...but, here's something that might be "similar" to the TM/GZ case, but what the heck, I'll play the game...let's do them one at a time, it will be more fun:

Now, obviously, Pres Bush in 1991, did not comment on every police beating...so he selected this one to comment on. "Selective commenting"...OMG!!

You're really comparing the Gates case to Rodney King? LOL The Gates case should have barely made the local news, and if Gates were white, it probably wouldn't have.

I think 100% of all people are selective in their comments...I still don't understand the problem with this. Can you point out anyone in the history of the world that was not selective in what they said or on what topics dependent on the race of the people involved?

There fixed it for you.

grimreaper
09-03-2013, 08:32 PM
The point being...President's have often commented on local cases that have caught the nation's interest.

Obama did not invent this.

Reagan also did not make a determination on it, pointing fingers and lay blame while admittedly being ignorant of the facts either. If you think it's OK for a President to be weighing in, casting blame, while not even knowing the facts of the case, well let's just say I disagree.

grimreaper
09-03-2013, 08:42 PM
Okay, let me see if I got this right...so you think it's fine for President's to issue comments on local issues now, and now realize that other President's have done this as well...and obviously, all have done so selectively...you just think they should not provide any actual leadership...they should straddle the fence and not give thier personal judgement, informed or not?

So, it's okay for Obama to comment on some things and not comment on other things. You just disagree with his comments.

Good.

When the guy admittedly says he doesn't know the facts of the case (which I've said about 3X now)? Is there a particular reason you're ignoring that?

And we've already seen examples of what Obama voicing his opinion gets:

http://www.stripes.com/judge-obama-sex-assault-comments-unlawful-command-influence-1.225974

You would think a constitutional attorney would know better.

And are you really trying to tell me that the race of the person involved had nothing to do with Obama commenting on it?

grimreaper
09-03-2013, 08:58 PM
When did I ever try to tell you that?

That's kinda the whole point. Obama has been selective of the what he chimes in on and a big reason for that IMO is the race of the people involved.

grimreaper
09-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Well, I think the race of the people involved is what gets the nation's attention. There are dozens of murders every day in the country that we don't sit here and post about...we post about the ones in the national news...which, for better or worse are often so because of race.

Yup, like Chicago. And why? Because it's mostly black on black. No way for the race pimps to make hay with that.

So, TM/GZ become national headlines because a white guy killed a black kid and did not get arrested...and let's say certain people have an interest is publicizing this fact and creating controversy...if that case were white on white, or black on black, none of us would have probably ever heard of it.

And same response as above...No way for the race pimps to make hay with that.

Okay, so then there "other certain people" scour the nations' news reports looking for black on white crime and publicizing those asking why these same people aren't outraged just as much...thinking they are pointing out hypocrisy in the other side, when they are highlighting their own just as much...

How is it hypocritical to expect the usual race pimps to be consistent in their message?

I will be my next paycheck that if you ask Sharpton, Jackson and Obama about this Spokane case...NONE of them will say the kids were in the right.

Say they were in the right? Of course they wouldn't say they were in the right, but that's completely different than coming out and condemning that type of violence, which they didn't do until prompted over and over.

Case in point...Jesse Jackson. Didn't issue a statement about Chris Lane until he and the other race pimps were called out on their deafening silence...and when he did, he merely said that kind of violence was "frowned upon". He had to come back later and issue another statement that at least gave the appearance he gave a shit.

grimreaper
09-03-2013, 10:06 PM
So, does that make you a race pimp, too?

You said that and it was from your post and I forgot to remove it. Fixed.

Or you.

Or me what?

What is inconsistent here? Was it inconsistent of MLKJ to not comment about Native American atrocities? Was it inconsistent of Ghandi to not talk about the plight of the Jews?

Branding entire states racists and fanning the flames of racial division at each and every turn? You're comparing that to MLK? You're defending the actions of Jesse Jacskon and Al Sharpton? Are you just arguing for arguments sake now? Playing devil's advocate? What is it?

So...a guy finds a niche in defending the civil rights of African Americans...when those rights are not at stake, he doesn't get involved. Why is that hypocritical?

Ah, so you only care about yourself and others that look like you do. One dog, one bone. Way to preach that racial harmony. I'm sure that's what MLK had in mind.

Is it hypocritical for a Roger Goodell to not get involved in MLB steroid allegations? No, he's the NFL commissioner. Is it hypocritical for Barry Scheck to take on DNA exoneration cases, but not get involved in recantation cases? No, his niche is DNA exoneration, although I'm sure, if asked, he'd be happy that an innocent man got exonerated on the basis of recanted testimony...it's not what he does.

Now I know you're just trying to stir the pot when you are comparing sports to real life situations that actually matter.

Okay...it's not a case that is in his baliwick...so, because especially looks out for the rights of African American victims, he now has to makes statements on every crime in the US? We all know that Jackson and Sharpton are race pimps who's only interest is continued racial division, which lines their wallets...why is that hypocritical?

There fixed it for ya. I'm still trying to understand why you're all sensitive about people calling out these race pimps for what they are.