PDA

View Full Version : Why so many AF threads?

kool-aid
08-22-2013, 10:32 PM
I just noticed there are 6 times more threads in the Air Force section than the next closest thread. Any thoughts on why this is?

UH1FE
08-22-2013, 10:45 PM
The Air Force has figured out that if we shout in unison leadership will at least kind of listen. The other services have not figured this out yet. Generals see the covers of AF times every time they are in the shoppette. A lot of the AFT stories come from these forums.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Hmmm, I had to put my thinking cap on for this one but I did come up with an answer!

For the longest time this is where all the activity was and people put non AF threads in here.

I guess an alternative theory could be that the majority of Air Force people have computers on their desk and post their little hearts away instead or working, but I think it is the previous one.

imported_KnuckleDragger
08-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Airmen care more about their Service, compared to Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Coasties.

imnohero
08-22-2013, 11:52 PM
Probably because the AF section was the default one everyone used for 2 years, whether or not the topic was AF related.

kool-aid
08-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Airmen care more about their Service, compared to Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Coasties.

Not sure I agree on this one.

Hmmm, I had to put my thinking cap on for this one but I did come up with an answer!

For the longest time this is where all the activity was and people put non AF threads in here.

I guess an alternative theory could be that the majority of Air Force people have computers on their desk and post their little hearts away instead or working, but I think it is the previous one.

I was leaning more toward this, as I would guess AF personnel have to use computers more often to do their jobs. I haven't looked to see when posts are posted generally, like during duty hours.

imported_KnuckleDragger
08-23-2013, 12:03 AM
I haven't looked to see when posts are posted generally, like during duty hours.

What are duty hours?

technomage1
08-23-2013, 12:33 AM
What are duty hours?

I wondered the same. We're a global operation. It's always duty time for someone, and off duty for someone else.

Gonzo432
08-23-2013, 12:41 AM
Blue-suiters can read, write and find the power button would be my guess.

Bunch
08-23-2013, 01:34 AM
I think that the other branches have more of a "shut up and color" culture than what you will find in the Air Force.

Rizzo77
08-23-2013, 01:55 AM
I suspect that it has something to do with having internet access at one's workplace. Some occupations simply have more "free time" than others.

Dis_Grunt_Led
08-23-2013, 02:30 AM
You're truly ignorant if you actually believe that statement, but my hunch is that you're just trying to stir things up a bit.

CJSmith
08-23-2013, 07:47 AM
Air, Space and CYBERSPACE. Duh!

20+Years
08-23-2013, 04:53 PM
The true answer is for the last several years posts congregated in the AF section because thats where the most active users were posting. Eventually, it turned into a monopoly. The moderators are now trying to break that up by moving threads around.

My preferable answer: We rule...they all drool.

Pullinteeth
08-23-2013, 05:39 PM
You may also notice that AF members have been here the longest and tend to stick around longer. Measure Man, Shrike, and I have been here since '07 (not trying to speak for them but..) and while there have been times we haven't posted much, we tend to post more in the AF threads. So literally for YEARS the VAST majority of threads were in the AF forum or in sections that have since been deleted (Off Duty and Married in the Military). Most of the Navy, Army, Coast Guard, and Marine threads were started by the community editor and died shortly thereafter. After a while, even the other services started posting threads about their services in the AF forum because it had the most activitiy. When you delete the sections when most of the other activity was deleted, what do you expect. Believe it or not, for a while there, the girlfriends and spouses seciton was one of the hottest sections in the entire forum....