PDA

View Full Version : Breast cancer

spirit_eyes
08-20-2013, 04:17 PM
Some fool decided to use my thread about cancer to yell at the moderators, and got the thread shut down. I am very displeased.
Breast cancer affects a lot of women veterans. I am a survivor. Done it all - chemo, full boob removal, radiation. And doing great.

TSgt"M"
08-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Glad your doing well S E

USMC0341
08-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Some fool decided to use my thread about cancer to yell at the moderators, and got the thread shut down. I am very displeased.
Breast cancer affects a lot of women veterans. I am a survivor. Done it all - chemo, full boob removal, radiation. And doing great.

Glad to hear you are doing good, it is a long road tiresome road.

spirit_eyes
08-20-2013, 04:34 PM
Wish they had warned me about long I need to do stretching. Feel like a fool with my arm in the air, all the time. :)
( no, I'm not waving, I'm doing former booby stretches ;) )

Greg
08-20-2013, 06:05 PM
Cancer touched my family, although not breast. Glad to read you're doing well.

js7799
08-20-2013, 07:44 PM
My wife's grandmother is in the final stages of liver cancer. She's going home from the hospital to hospice care tonight sometime. She's not expected to make it past a couple of days. Her 29 year old half-sister is currently fighting breast cancer which has spread to other areas of her body.

My aunt passed away two years ago just 72 hours after being diagnosed with cancer. It had spread so far that they didn't know where it originated.

A well-known MOD (Ministry of Defense) dog handler, American football coach and good friend of mine at RAF Alconbury/Molesworth lost his short fight with pancreatic cancer in June.

A depressing post, yes, but also a highlight on the fact that this disease can touch anyone at any age.

Spirit Eyes, sorry to hijack, just needed to vent a bit. Congrats on being a survivor.

TJMAC77SP
08-21-2013, 11:49 AM
My wife's grandmother is in the final stages of liver cancer. She's going home from the hospital to hospice care tonight sometime. She's not expected to make it past a couple of days. Her 29 year old half-sister is currently fighting breast cancer which has spread to other areas of her body.

My aunt passed away two years ago just 72 hours after being diagnosed with cancer. It had spread so far that they didn't know where it originated.

A well-known MOD (Ministry of Defense) dog handler, American football coach and good friend of mine at RAF Alconbury/Molesworth lost his short fight with pancreatic cancer in June.

A depressing post, yes, but also a highlight on the fact that this disease can touch anyone at any age.

Spirit Eyes, sorry to hijack, just needed to vent a bit. Congrats on being a survivor.

Thanks for sharing js. Condolences and best wishes.

Class5Kayaker
08-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Glad you're doing well!

I'd bet if you PM'd Bourne directly (s)he would resurrect the thread for you after deleting the stuff in there that was off topic.

TJMAC77SP
08-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Glad you're doing well!

I'd bet if you PM'd Bourne directly (s)he would resurrect the thread for you after deleting the stuff in there that was off topic.

That thread is pretty much a carbon copy of this one.

spirit_eyes
08-22-2013, 02:23 PM

Nope, don't think you hijacked at all.
Sorry to hear about your family.
I think your story is actually useful to remind people to do the screenings - mammo, colonoscopy, etc. might be uncomfortable, etc but it's better than finding out way too late.
And so what if they cut you up to get the cancer out. I'm over 50, have 1 boob, short hair from chemo. I wear a fake boob, and love my new curly locks. And refuse to let things stop me. So what if I'm slower, I ain't 25 no more.
Guys, bug your wives to get checked. I had been going in for years. And from 1 year to the next, things had changed so much. Full boob and lymph node removal. 1 year clean, next year - holy shit. And so damn glad I did my yearly mammos, as I could be dying now.