PDA

View Full Version : Air Force reviewing booking policy after complaints about comedian

Absinthe Anecdote
08-17-2013, 10:02 PM
I think the Colonel is being a little hard on himself.

==========================
Air Force reviewing booking policy after complaints about comedian

By Adam L. Mathis
Stars and Stripes
Published: August 16, 2013

RAF MILDENHALL, England — A comedian’s on-base performance at RAF Lakenheath, in which he joked about spiking a woman’s drink to obtain sex, has prompted Air Force officials to review procedures regarding entertainment provided to troops.

Comedian Mitch Fatel’s act last weekend in England caught the attention of Air Force officials, including Col. Mark K. Ciero, the 48th Wing vice commander, who was in the audience for the Aug. 10 performance.
In a commentary posted on the RAF Lakenheath website, Ciero described Fatel’s act as “crude.”

At the start of the routine, the comedian came close, but did not cross the line on being overly inappropriate, Ciero wrote.
But, then Fatel “insulted women’s anatomies, added a punch line about spiking drinks to facilitate sex, described repeatedly removing undergarments while whispering ‘she was asleep,’ ” Ciero wrote in his commentary. “Then in his coup de grace, demonstrated how to physically push a lady into oral sex and remove the evidence. The headliner hit the line obliquely, kept assaulting, and crossed headstrong.”

The performance comes at a time when the U.S. military is reeling from a number of sex assault scandals that have prompted top military and civilian leadership to stress a zero-tolerance policy toward such incidents.
Recently, the Air Force came out with a tough new policy that says airmen who commit any type of sexual misconduct, whether groping a co-worker or rape, face dismissal from the service.
The Pentagon says there were more than 3,000 cases of sexual assault reported in the military last year and almost 800 of those were in the Air Force.

Additionally, Gen. Mark Welsh III, Air Force chief of staff, has repeatedly called on all airmen to help stop sexual assault in the service.
“Everybody in our Air Force needs to think that way and every commander, every supervisor who isn’t actively engaged in being part of the solution of this is part of the problem,” Welsh said just prior to taking over his post in August 2012.

In his commentary on the Lakenheath website, Ciero criticized his own lack of action during the show, calling it an example of what airmen should not do.
“I left the show. I could have taken charge, upheld the line of our new military culture of professionalism and respect, and interrupted the comedian,” Ciero wrote. “As Airmen and leaders, we are taught to intervene ... On all accounts, I failed to stand up and take the sword from the attacker, the microphone from the comedian. Instead, I departed and reported.“For those I left behind in the Liberty Club still under assault by the headliner, sorry. No airman, no human, deserves the depravity shrouded in comedy associated with our military,” he said.

In a telephone interview Friday, Ciero said his commander and officials at 3rd Air Force and U.S. Air Forces in Europe were aware of the issues with the performance. He said he was told “that we’re going to go back and re-evaluate the processes and procedures we put in place to make sure that entertainers follow the guidelines that they’re given.”
Fatel’s tour schedule on the Armed Forces Entertainment website shows he visited bases in Germany and England before ending at Lakenheath. An official with USAFE said complaints were lodged after an earlier performance at RAF Croughton, England.

Attempts to reach Fatel’s media agent and representatives of Armed Forces Entertainment, which booked the act, were unsuccessful before deadline Friday

imnohero
08-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Really, the booked a comedian with a routine consisting almost completely about sex, not getting laid, and obsession with "woman parts" and then wonder how it went wrong?

imported_AFKILO7
08-17-2013, 10:36 PM
People are pussy's. If you don't want to hear stuff like that then don't go.

efmbman
08-17-2013, 10:42 PM

I agree, but this does not fit into the current theme regarding this topic. You see, there is no personal responsibility for anything anymore. There is always something or someone to blame for the actions of people. In this case, the next person that commits a sexual assault at that base can now say they were influenced by the comedy routine that the chain of command allowed to happen. Even this Colonel was shocked and questioned the wisdom of having this comedy routine exposed to the troops. After all, the troops of course have no ability to think for themselves. The troops are so easily influenced by something like a comedy routine that the troops must be protected from such exposure at all costs.

imnohero
08-17-2013, 10:44 PM
yea, or if you don't like it leave.

I do think USO should probably do a little better research on who they ask to do their shows. Given the recent news and congressional attention to sexual assault, this guy was a poor choice, if you see what I'm sayin'

efmbman
08-17-2013, 11:22 PM
yea, or if you don't like it leave.

I do think USO should probably do a little better research on who they ask to do their shows. Given the recent news and congressional attention to sexual assault, this guy was a poor choice, if you see what I'm sayin'

Yes it was a very poor choice. It would require minimal research to get an idea of Mitch Fatel's act. I would hope that even those in the position to book the act would realize that they should know the difference between Bill Cosby and Richard Pryor.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-17-2013, 11:26 PM
The comedian is an asshole to joke about drugging a woman. It's just not a laughing matter, period.

sharkhunter
08-17-2013, 11:36 PM
I went to the show and I didn't think it was that bad. I've seen worse comedians than him on USO tours, but a lot of the people were laughing at his jokes.

sandsjames
08-18-2013, 12:03 AM
The comedian is an asshole to joke about drugging a woman. It's just not a laughing matter, period.

So where do you draw the line? Can a comedian joke about murder? Abortion? 9/11? Smoking weed? Or should we just all go watch Gallagher (sp?)?

imported_AFKILO7
08-18-2013, 12:46 AM
I guess my stance is if you are offended easily...don't go. with that in mind whenever someone came during a USO tour I tried to research the acts to see if it was worth my time. I was deployed (I use the term liberally when at Ali Al Salem) and Carlos Mencia came to visit with his midget friend. The duo managed to sucessfully rag on Officers and the reflective belt. They used foul language and I'm sure people were offended. The military isn't a faqing daycare and I don't need my hand held. If you want to turn it into that then you have absolutely no business leading men (and women) into any form of combat. Period.

Gonzo432
08-18-2013, 01:13 AM
I guess my stance is if you are offended easily...don't go. with that in mind whenever someone came during a USO tour I tried to research the acts to see if it was worth my time. I was deployed (I use the term liberally when at Ali Al Salem) and Carlos Mencia came to visit with his midget friend. The duo managed to sucessfully rag on Officers and the reflective belt. They used foul language and I'm sure people were offended. The military isn't a faqing daycare and I don't need my hand held. If you want to turn it into that then you have absolutely no business leading men (and women) into any form of combat. Period.

At the Deid Mencia said what everyone wanted to say but couldn't about the completely insane policies on reflective belts.

Everyone in the military is an adult? Right??

imnohero
08-18-2013, 01:22 AM
What is or isn't "funny" is a matter of personal taste. I like some comedians, others I don't. Even the ones I do like, I don't like all their material. I'm with you on the "if you don't like it don't go" attitude. I'm pretty big on personal responsibility.

At the same time, I also believe in organizational ethics and responsibility, which is why I think the USO made a bad call with this particular comedian. His whole deal is sex and sexually related comedy and in my opinion it was a bad choice given the current political climate.

These are really separate issues, one personal and one organizational.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-18-2013, 01:35 AM
I spent a good while brainstorming on solutions for booking appropriate entertainment for USO Shows. I'm writing a letter to request that the USO ask Doc Fogelsong to come out of retirement and take on this responsibility.

You will never have this kind of problem again if we get Doc to oversee the selection process.

imported_AFKILO7
08-18-2013, 01:48 AM
What is or isn't "funny" is a matter of personal taste. I like some comedians, others I don't. Even the ones I do like, I don't like all their material. I'm with you on the "if you don't like it don't go" attitude. I'm pretty big on personal responsibility.

At the same time, I also believe in organizational ethics and responsibility, which is why I think the USO made a bad call with this particular comedian. His whole deal is sex and sexually related comedy and in my opinion it was a bad choice given the current political climate.

These are really separate issues, one personal and one organizational.

I hate anything "political" or "political climate". Ironically, today as I drove home my two children were telling me that when they grow up they are going to play video games all day and do whatever they want. Keep in mind my children are 4 and 5, I then told my wife that I used to have illusions of grandeur just like them when I was a kid. Then reality took up residence in my ass and now I have obligations and responsibilities. What I'm getting at is that while I do hate (to my VERY CORE) the two aforementioned words or phrases I understand there is a reason where we have to draw the line in a sense. I still hate it.

OtisRNeedleman
08-18-2013, 04:33 AM
I went to the show and I didn't think it was that bad. I've seen worse comedians than him on USO tours, but a lot of the people were laughing at his jokes.

Believe if anyone in the booking organization had bothered to visit Mitch Fatel's website this would have been nipped in the bud. His comedic style is quite evident. The booking organization could have picked someone else instead. I believe the colonel's just covering his ass so he'll get his star, in due time. I looked up the colonel's bio. He seems to be a golden boy and was probably scared the comedian would put that star out of reach. So the colonel needed to show he was being politically correct.

RobotChicken
08-18-2013, 07:10 AM
So where do you draw the line? Can a comedian joke about murder? Abortion? 9/11? Smoking weed? Or should we just all go watch Gallagher (sp?)?

"Sledge-O-Matic comes to mind when I saw him come on before Lionel Richie at the Hamptom Coliseum in '86." (Dancing on the ceiling was his last act which he did; what a showman!!)

MJW
08-18-2013, 08:40 AM
I agree, but this does not fit into the current theme regarding this topic. You see, there is no personal responsibility for anything anymore. There is always something or someone to blame for the actions of people. In this case, the next person that commits a sexual assault at that base can now say they were influenced by the comedy routine that the chain of command allowed to happen. Even this Colonel was shocked and questioned the wisdom of having this comedy routine exposed to the troops. After all, the troops of course have no ability to think for themselves. The troops are so easily influenced by something like a comedy routine that the troops must be protected from such exposure at all costs.

You're missing the point. The concern isn't about Airmen committing sexual assaults and blaming comedy acts for giving them the idea. If that were the case we would never openly discuss suicide for fear that everyone would start offing themselves. This kind of comedy cannot be allowed on base because it tells our Airmen (and the public) that the Air Force condones joking about sexual assault.

As far as where to draw the line, how about no jokes about seriously harming people? Or better yet, do away with base comedy shows entirely. There are much better forms of entertainment available that don't have a risk offending someone or damaging public perception of the AF...

technomage1
08-18-2013, 10:56 AM

Sometimes you don't have a choice. The USO came to one of my overseas bases and the wing commander ordered us to attend the show since the press was there (not for the talent, they were there for some political issues). Fine and dandy, but this came down around 1400 the day of the performance. People had no chance to arrange child care. So there were a ton of kids there. Most of the acts were fine, but one of the comedians act included a ton of cursing. Many parents were understandably upset.

sandsjames
08-18-2013, 12:17 PM
"Sledge-O-Matic comes to mind when I saw him come on before Lionel Richie at the Hamptom Coliseum in '86." (Dancing on the ceiling was his last act which he did; what a showman!!)

I find "Sledge-O-Matic" very offensive. I'm a vegetarian and the destruction of helpless plants is not what I'd call comedy.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-18-2013, 12:45 PM
I find "Sledge-O-Matic" very offensive. I'm a vegetarian and the destruction of helpless plants is not what I'd call comedy.

But you are willing to eat these same helpless plants? That reeks of hypocrisy is you ask me. In addition, the human digestive system is unable to break down cellulose, the material that comprises the individual cell walls in plants, so you vegetarians are actually wasting a very large part of the plans you consume.

As for Gallagher, I’m not so offended by his particular brand of physical prop comedy but I am offended by that striped mime shirt and beret he frequently wears.

PS

Welcome back Sandsjames!

sandsjames
08-18-2013, 01:23 PM
But you are willing to eat these same helpless plants? That reeks of hypocrisy is you ask me. In addition, the human digestive system is unable to break down cellulose, the material that comprises the individual cell walls in plants, so you vegetarians are actually wasting a very large part of the plans you consume.

As for Gallagher, I’m not so offended by his particular brand of physical prop comedy but I am offended by that striped mime shirt and beret he frequently wears.

PS

Welcome back Sandsjames!

It's ok to eat them because that is their purpose. If they weren't eaten, they would die without fulfilling their destiny.

Oh, and I didn't know I was gone. Well, except for the last 3 weeks of our post-retirement move.

Oh, and by the way, he was funny 20 years ago for about a year. Now Sinbad, that's funny!!!!!! After seeing him for 10 years of USO shows I think I heard the same jokes each time. If that's the kind of non-offensive humor people want, they can keep it.

efmbman
08-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Oh, and I didn't know I was gone. Well, except for the last 3 weeks of our post-retirement move.

This is why many thought you were "gone":

I'm done here. You guys just go ahead and keep banning everyone. Pretty soon, you'll have a forum with people who do nothing but agree coddle each other. That's not something I want to be part of.

That thread is closed, so it cannot be quoted directly...

http://forums.militarytimes.com/showthread.php?1596495-To-our-new-ForumModerators&p=647370#post647370

Absinthe Anecdote
08-18-2013, 02:49 PM
It's ok to eat them because that is their purpose. If they weren't eaten, they would die without fulfilling their destiny.

Oh, and by the way, he was funny 20 years ago for about a year. Now Sinbad, that's funny!!!!!! After seeing him for 10 years of USO shows I think I heard the same jokes each time. If that's the kind of non-offensive humor people want, they can keep it.

Yep, that's what I meant! I wasn't trying to imply that you got pouty and tramped away mad.

However, you do get a bit petulant and sulky from time to time.

imported_KnuckleDragger
08-18-2013, 02:57 PM
LA AFB just had a drag queen show, but a comedian cross the line? hahahahahahahaha.
http://upcomingdiscs.com/ecs_covers/mitch-fatel-mitch-fatel-is-magical-large.jpg

AFcynic
08-18-2013, 03:18 PM
This vice wing commander is a wimp, and a spineless human being. It's a comedy show, you idiot. The comedian is there to make people laugh, and to shock you. It's like watching Borat in a live performance. The man was paid to do his job, and he did it. If you don't like what's being said, you have every right to b1tch about it, but DO NOT insult my intelligence by assuming I'm offended because YOU are offended.

The comedian has no idea about the current AF climate, and nor should he. Robert Schimmel, Richard Pryor, Daniel Tosh, and Anthony Jeselnik would have/will piss all over your feelings because they are paid to do their job, and to make people laugh. Comedy is an escape from the everyday bullsh1t that people have to deal with. This isn't the dark ages, and it sure as f--k isn't against the law to make fun of taboo subjects. Get over yourself, your inhibitions, and grow the f--k up.

People make me lose my faith in humanity.

sandsjames
08-18-2013, 03:49 PM
This is why many thought you were "gone":

That thread is closed, so it cannot be quoted directly...

http://forums.militarytimes.com/showthread.php?1596495-To-our-new-ForumModerators&p=647370#post647370

Ahhh, I see the confusion. That was in reference to any mod/admin actions. No more comments about the stupidity of the actions they've been taking.

sandsjames
08-18-2013, 03:51 PM
LA AFB just had a drag queen show, but a comedian cross the line? hahahahahahahaha.
http://upcomingdiscs.com/ecs_covers/mitch-fatel-mitch-fatel-is-magical-large.jpg

That's because we aren't allowed to be offended by this type of thing. Any "non-traditional" lifestyle has been determined by our leaders to be non-offensive.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-18-2013, 03:58 PM

This excellent photo has derailed the thread for me. I'm afraid nothing else seems important after looking at it. I just wish that dumb wizard would go away.

Rainmaker
08-18-2013, 04:11 PM

Of course. Even though 98% of the population is not gay and is either disgusted by or could care less about them. The Diversity Cult running DoD demands these narcissists get MOAR attention!

Didn't you get the memo?

"tolerance" has now been redefined to mean non-gays must embrace and celebrate homosexual behavior at every opportunity. The story goes that It makes for a stronger Nation.

Down is up.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Rainmaker needs to chill out with a snifter of cognac and stop getting spun up over gay folks.

I don’t see how any of that stuff hurts the Rainmaker.

Rainmaker
08-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Rainmaker needs to chill out with a snifter of cognac and stop getting spun up over gay folks.

I don’t see how any of that stuff hurts the Rainmaker.

A little dirt don't hurt. But, troof and righteousness go together like gin and juice Nomsayin.

Pullinteeth
09-09-2013, 04:30 PM
Mitch repied to the accusations;

"Nowhere in my act do I talk about forcing a girl to give me oral sex or getting rid of evidence of this assault,” Fatel wrote on his website. “I do a joke where my wife tells me she loves giving oral sex and so I childishly can’t wait and encourage her to go ahead. It begs reality to misconstrue this as ‘assault."

“What I think Col. Ciero fails to realize is that these men and women in our military are very, very smart, intelligent people who understand and — just by the fact that they’re in the military — want to do good in their lives. If anybody, without Col. Ciero telling them, felt that in some way I was advocating the misuse of power against a woman, I could tell you I would have been booed off the stage immediately.”

When he jokes about spiking his wife’s drink so that they can have sex on their first date, Fatel expects the audience to understand that his wife would not have married him had he actually drugged her. Adults should be trusted to realize that a joke is silly, not real.

“It scares me to think that these people, who we are entrusting with our lives, we really don’t think that they’ll be able to discern that that’s not OK, that that’s a joke,” Fatel said. “I defy anyone to tell a joke where in some way you don’t laugh at it because it sounds so absurd or so stupid.”

Some Capt says

"“The current contracts dictate entertainment shall be wholesome and adhere to the standards of good taste. Specifically, the rules prohibit offensive material regarding race, religion, national origin, sex, military rank, military service, or disability.”

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20130822/OFFDUTY02/308220031/Colonel-s-complaint-about-comedian-leads-review-shows

MACHINE666
09-09-2013, 04:50 PM
I think the Colonel is being a little hard on himself.

==========================
Air Force reviewing booking policy after complaints about comedian

By Adam L. Mathis
Stars and Stripes
Published: August 16, 2013

RAF MILDENHALL, England — A comedian’s on-base performance at RAF Lakenheath, in which he joked about spiking a woman’s drink to obtain sex, has prompted Air Force officials to review procedures regarding entertainment provided to troops.

Comedian Mitch Fatel’s act last weekend in England caught the attention of Air Force officials, including Col. Mark K. Ciero, the 48th Wing vice commander, who was in the audience for the Aug. 10 performance.
In a commentary posted on the RAF Lakenheath website, Ciero described Fatel’s act as “crude.”

At the start of the routine, the comedian came close, but did not cross the line on being overly inappropriate, Ciero wrote.
But, then Fatel “insulted women’s anatomies, added a punch line about spiking drinks to facilitate sex, described repeatedly removing undergarments while whispering ‘she was asleep,’ ” Ciero wrote in his commentary. “Then in his coup de grace, demonstrated how to physically push a lady into oral sex and remove the evidence. The headliner hit the line obliquely, kept assaulting, and crossed headstrong.”

The performance comes at a time when the U.S. military is reeling from a number of sex assault scandals that have prompted top military and civilian leadership to stress a zero-tolerance policy toward such incidents.
Recently, the Air Force came out with a tough new policy that says airmen who commit any type of sexual misconduct, whether groping a co-worker or rape, face dismissal from the service.
The Pentagon says there were more than 3,000 cases of sexual assault reported in the military last year and almost 800 of those were in the Air Force.

Additionally, Gen. Mark Welsh III, Air Force chief of staff, has repeatedly called on all airmen to help stop sexual assault in the service.
“Everybody in our Air Force needs to think that way and every commander, every supervisor who isn’t actively engaged in being part of the solution of this is part of the problem,” Welsh said just prior to taking over his post in August 2012.

In his commentary on the Lakenheath website, Ciero criticized his own lack of action during the show, calling it an example of what airmen should not do.
“I left the show. I could have taken charge, upheld the line of our new military culture of professionalism and respect, and interrupted the comedian,” Ciero wrote. “As Airmen and leaders, we are taught to intervene ... On all accounts, I failed to stand up and take the sword from the attacker, the microphone from the comedian. Instead, I departed and reported.“For those I left behind in the Liberty Club still under assault by the headliner, sorry. No airman, no human, deserves the depravity shrouded in comedy associated with our military,” he said.

In a telephone interview Friday, Ciero said his commander and officials at 3rd Air Force and U.S. Air Forces in Europe were aware of the issues with the performance. He said he was told “that we’re going to go back and re-evaluate the processes and procedures we put in place to make sure that entertainers follow the guidelines that they’re given.”
Fatel’s tour schedule on the Armed Forces Entertainment website shows he visited bases in Germany and England before ending at Lakenheath. An official with USAFE said complaints were lodged after an earlier performance at RAF Croughton, England.

Attempts to reach Fatel’s media agent and representatives of Armed Forces Entertainment, which booked the act, were unsuccessful before deadline Friday

Ciero is an embarrassment to everyone in uniform who knows it's just a fucking joke!!! Mr Wing King needs to do the typical Air Farts over-reaction by banning any and all material which carries an "R" or an "Unrated" icon on all DVDs and Blu-Rays, and demand that all 48 FW report immediately to their UHMs for iPad/iPod screening. Any inappropriate material will be confiscated, and Article 15s will be handed out for violating Article 134 to those offenders, regardless of who they are. Base Chapel activities will become the NEW focus of all Lakenheath personnel, to include mandatory Friday ice cream socials, hymn sing-alongs, sock-hops, and bobbing for apples. By golly, we can't have anyone joke about lady-parts or people sticking their wee-wees in no-no places!

:D :D :D :D :D

Kicker47
09-09-2013, 05:07 PM
So...Base comedy shows from now on:

Comedian: "So...a guy walks into a bar,"

Lt Col: "HEY! YOU'RE PROMOTING ALCOHOL ABUSE!! STOP IT!!"

Comedian: "O..K.. Sorry...um...So a preist and a rabbi are playing chess, "

Lt Col: "HEY! STOP PUSHING YOUR RELIGIOUS IDEALS ON US!!"

Comedian: "Um...So...I have this friend, and his wife is..."

Lt Col: "HEY! QUIT EXCLUDING HOMOSEXUALS!"

Comedian: "Sheesh...um...Why did the chicken..."

Lt Col: "HEY! SOME PEOPLE HERE ARE VEGETARIANS! STOP PUSHING YOUR POULTRY ON EVERYONE!"

Comedian: "I'm done."

Lt Col: "EVERYONE! I'M SORRY YOU WERE EXPOSED TO THAT VILE, HATE-FILLED, PERFORMANCE! FOLLOW ME TO THE IG TO COMPLAIN! RUN!"

:unsure:

OtisRNeedleman
09-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Ciero is an embarrassment to everyone in uniform who knows it's just a fucking joke!!! Mr Wing King needs to do the typical Air Farts over-reaction by banning any and all material which carries an "R" or an "Unrated" icon on all DVDs and Blu-Rays, and demand that all 48 FW report immediately to their UHMs for iPad/iPod screening. Any inappropriate material will be confiscated, and Article 15s will be handed out for violating Article 134 to those offenders, regardless of who they are. Base Chapel activities will become the NEW focus of all Lakenheath personnel, to include mandatory Friday ice cream socials, hymn sing-alongs, sock-hops, and bobbing for apples. By golly, we can't have anyone joke about lady-parts or people sticking their wee-wees in no-no places!

:D :D :D :D :D

Guess ol' Mark is bucking REAL hard for that star. He's even willing to throw away his self-respect for it. He's likely already lost the respect of many in his unit and at his base.

OtisRNeedleman
09-09-2013, 05:22 PM
So...Base comedy shows from now on:

Comedian: "So...a guy walks into a bar,"

Lt Col: "HEY! YOU'RE PROMOTING ALCOHOL ABUSE!! STOP IT!!"

Comedian: "O..K.. Sorry...um...So a preist and a rabbi are playing chess, "

Lt Col: "HEY! STOP PUSHING YOUR RELIGIOUS IDEALS ON US!!"

Comedian: "Um...So...I have this friend, and his wife is..."

Lt Col: "HEY! QUIT EXCLUDING HOMOSEXUALS!"

Comedian: "Sheesh...um...Why did the chicken..."

Lt Col: "HEY! SOME PEOPLE HERE ARE VEGETARIANS! STOP PUSHING YOUR POULTRY ON EVERYONE!"

Comedian: "I'm done."

Lt Col: "EVERYONE! I'M SORRY YOU WERE EXPOSED TO THAT VILE, HATE-FILLED, PERFORMANCE! FOLLOW ME TO THE IG TO COMPLAIN! RUN!"

:unsure:

Should have made the O-5 an O-6. :)

Kicker47
09-09-2013, 06:19 PM
Should have made the O-5 an O-6. :)

I envisioned the situation with an O-5 desperate to make O-6...

Pullinteeth
09-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Isn't it interesting how the OP refers to "complaints" yet as far as I can tell only one person got their panties in a twist...

Absinthe Anecdote
09-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Knock, knock

Who's there?

Queen.

Queen who?

Queen my dishes please.

It's "Queen" to make it funny.

That is an awesome joke because queens don’t typically wash dishes unless they are the Freddy Mercury type queens and then it depends on if they are rich fussy type queens who employ house keepers named Consuela or not.

Class5Kayaker
09-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Knock, knock

Who's there?

Queen.

Queen who?

Queen my dishes please.

It's "Queen" to make it funny.

My kids love that commercial! I read online a while back that the questions by the adult in that series of commercials are scripted but the kids' responses are all original & unscripted.

imported_Renazance
09-10-2013, 01:14 PM
So what's the difference between this particular comedy show and the movies shown at the base theater that can be considered offensive and inappropriate? I recall watching Borat, Grandma's Boy, We're The Millers, and dozens of other "offensive" movies on base and no one seemed to complain. The Col needs to remove that stick from his ass and lighten the F up. It's comedy for Christ's sake.

sandsjames
09-10-2013, 01:17 PM
So what's the difference between this particular comedy show and the movies shown at the base theater that can be considered offensive and inappropriate? I recall watching Borat, Grandma's Boy, We're The Millers, and dozens of other "offensive" movies on base and no one seemed to complain. The Col needs to remove that stick from his ass and lighten the F up. It's comedy for Christ's sake.

Because, at the movie, you stand for the National Anthem first, so that purges all bad things from the ensuing movie.

20+Years
09-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Grandma's Boy - classic.

Dante: "I'll smoke it with ya bro, we'll go to the loony bin together. I don't give a fuck."

Pullinteeth
09-11-2013, 01:10 PM
You would think that if this Col was so concerned about his Airmen's virgin ears, he would have taken 30 seconds and checked him out on youtube.... It isn't like 20 years ago when you had to buy a tape or a record to hear their set in advance...

imported_Renazance
09-12-2013, 05:30 AM
You would think that if this Col was so concerned about his Airmen's virgin ears, he would have taken 30 seconds and checked him out on youtube.... It isn't like 20 years ago when you had to buy a tape or a record to hear their set in advance...

He probably doesn't know what YouTube is.

BOSS302
09-12-2013, 07:57 AM
He probably doesn't know what YouTube is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE