PDA

View Full Version : Yay! We get to do course 14 a second time now!

Hoo-huh???
08-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Just got an e-mail stating that if you don't attend the SNCO acadamy by April 2014 you will have to complete the new course 14 version 6 before attending. Yay! What a cluster...

20+Years
08-16-2013, 01:43 PM
Damn.... that ain't right. They should have just went with all new enrollments will be in the new version.

Pullinteeth
08-16-2013, 02:05 PM
Just got an e-mail stating that if you don't attend the SNCO acadamy by April 2014 you will have to complete the new course 14 version 6 before attending. Yay! What a cluster...

Are you sure? What I saw was that if you weren't done with it by some date in Oct, you would have to start over because it is switching versions and going to blackboard. I hadn't heard anything about having to do it over if you had it complete by Oct...

Gonzo
08-16-2013, 02:46 PM
There was an email that was quickly rescinded stating that if you hadn't completed the new version of course 14 before you went to SNCOA you had to complete the new version before attending. The initial email came out early in the day and then was taken back later that same day saying some may have spoken above their pay grade... More to come I was told. This was about a week ago or so.

BRUWIN
08-16-2013, 02:57 PM
You guys are getting way to spun up about this. If you do have to do the new course despite completing the old one than look it as an opportunity, an opportunity to learn new things and expand your horizon's, in a rich learning environment that will make you the best SNCO you could ever be. My advice...reach for the stars and grab at this one chance to better yourself even more.

I'm typing this wearing only my Fruit-of-the-Looms pulled up to my armpits. I didn't really think I could pull them up that far but I guess one does really shrink as they age.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-16-2013, 03:19 PM
I'm retired and I've already signed up to take it.

Class5Kayaker
08-16-2013, 03:48 PM
We discussed this about a week ago HERE. (http://forums.militarytimes.com/showthread.php?1596559-Course-14-version-6)

BL: The article was incorrect and no one will have to take it a second time in order to attend in residence according to AF/A1.

sandsjames
08-16-2013, 03:51 PM

Me too. I'll take it in between my PT sessions.

BRUWIN
08-16-2013, 03:51 PM

Why did you have to go head and do that? Now I will feel compelled to have to do it since you've done put me behind the power curve. I'll just sign up. I played this game for 30 years...what's a couple more.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Why did you have to go head and do that? Now I will feel compelled to have to do it since you've done put me behind the power curve. I'll just sign up. I played this game for 30 years...what's a couple more.

You don't want to get caught behind the power curve because it will be crunch time before you know it and you'll have to knuckle down and start thinking outside the box for ways to one up me.

Max Power
08-16-2013, 05:07 PM
We discussed this about a week ago HERE. (http://forums.militarytimes.com/showthread.php?1596559-Course-14-version-6)

BL: The article was incorrect and no one will have to take it a second time in order to attend in residence according to AF/A1.

Our Chief has gotten e-mail traffic stating that there might be a required test prior to SNCOA for those of us who completed version 5 of Course 14. I guess we'll see what happens. I am really glad that they thought this through before releasing it to the masses. /sarcasm

Hoo-huh???
08-16-2013, 05:26 PM
Are you sure? What I saw was that if you weren't done with it by some date in Oct, you would have to start over because it is switching versions and going to blackboard. I hadn't heard anything about having to do it over if you had it complete by Oct...

Yes I'm sure. The email came through the chain from a one star...

Hoo-huh???
08-16-2013, 05:29 PM
There was an email that was quickly rescinded stating that if you hadn't completed the new version of course 14 before you went to SNCOA you had to complete the new version before attending. The initial email came out early in the day and then was taken back later that same day saying some may have spoken above their pay grade... More to come I was told. This was about a week ago or so.

You are correct about that email. Folks here started asking questions about that email and our leadership got a firm confirmation that it is true. I'm sure you will hear about it soon enough.

RetC141BFCC
08-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Damm I never did course 14 only course 8. I guess in order to keep up with the other old dudes I have to due them both

Gonzo432
08-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Damm I never did course 14 only course 8. I guess in order to keep up with the other old dudes I have to due them both

I did Course 8 D and E. That makes 16, we got those Course 14 guys beat by 2.

AF Comm Guy
08-19-2013, 04:02 PM
Our superintendent kept bugging me to take my Course 14 even though I will probably never make MSgt. I kept refusing and he kept insisting. After a while he told me it was mandatory in order to put on E-7. I asked him to please show me the appropate AFI mandating such.

<crickets, crickets>

Eventually he told me that Chief Roy mentioned discussions for it when he was addressing the SNCOA. He even had it on a Power Point slide! I had to explain that the passing comments of an outgoing, and highly unpopular, CMSAF did not count as anything official.

Yep, he was full of shit.

grimreaper
08-19-2013, 08:10 PM
You are correct about that email. Folks here started asking questions about that email and our leadership got a firm confirmation that it is true. I'm sure you will hear about it soon enough.

What part is true? That people will have to do it again or that they won't?

According to @Class5Kayaker , AF/A1 said people will not have to do it again.