PDA

View Full Version : Furloughs Cut from 11 to 6

imported_WILDJOKER5
08-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Yay, if it was only that easy to "find" $900 million before, maybe we wouldnt be having a hard time balancing the budget. :saroll:

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2013-08-06/apnewsbreak-defense-furloughs-cut-from-11-to-6

ttribe
08-06-2013, 09:11 PM
I was just getting used to the days off. I had stuff planned every week. I guess some of it will have to wait for next years furloughs.

efmbman
08-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Glad to hear that the sky is not falling with the severity as originally reported.

Measure Man
08-06-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm happy for you guys.

UH1FE
08-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Standard political BS. They come up with 23 furlough days now we are down to 6. Same thought process should be applied to the SECDEF's testimony to congress!

Bunch
08-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Geat news for our civilian force, hopefully there is no more of this next FY...

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
08-07-2013, 04:40 AM
Geat news for our civilian force, hopefully there is no more of this next FY...

Fully dependent on sequestration ending...which will only happen if Congress can reach a deal. History shows it can't.

imnohero
08-07-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm not sure they need to "reach a deal"...they could just dismantle it a piece at a time. Amendments to various bills restoring funding to each district or program, you know what I mean?

Bunch
08-07-2013, 06:05 AM
I'm not sure they need to "reach a deal"...they could just dismantle it a piece at a time. Amendments to various bills restoring funding to each district or program, you know what I mean?

Hopefully after Congress comes back from recess and after receiving an earful from their constituents they comeback with the mindset of making a deal.

efmbman
08-07-2013, 01:38 PM
Hopefully after Congress comes back from recess and after receiving an earful from their constituents they comeback with the mindset of making a deal.

That would be great, however I do have much faith in the intelligence of the average constituent. The number of Congresspersons re-elected after voting for sequestions (Budget Control Act 2011) is troubling.

imported_WILDJOKER5
08-07-2013, 02:24 PM

Like when they got an earful from their voters about how people didnt want Obamacare but still voted for it anyways? 60% of America didnt want it.

Bunch
08-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Like when they got an earful from their voters about how people didnt want Obamacare but still voted for it anyways? 60% of America didnt want it.

A lot of them got booted after that so hopefully they follow their constituents this time around.

imported_WILDJOKER5
08-07-2013, 02:37 PM
A lot of them got booted after that so hopefully they follow their constituents this time around.

Yeah. Sadly we have gorged for so long, that now when someone is telling us to lose weight, we see them as the bad guy instead of the ones who put us to weighing 600 lbs...ourselves. The meth adict always lashes out at those that put him into rehab.

Bunch
08-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Yeah. Sadly we have gorged for so long, that now when someone is telling us to lose weight, we see them as the bad guy instead of the ones who put us to weighing 600 lbs...ourselves. The meth adict always lashes out at those that put him into rehab.

Agreed. But we can't unwind what have taken decades to do in a single swipe. Is like telling the 600lbs guy to get to 200lbs in 6 months, he can do it but it won't probably be healthy for him. I'm all for cust cutting in everything, everyone knows there is a lot of waste not only in DoD but everywhere in the federal government, but it has to be done in a smart way.