PDA

View Full Version : Have you met anyone off of the forums?

Shaken1976
08-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Not as in you knew them from somewhere else...but met them on the forum and found out you lived close or something and met?

RobotChicken
08-06-2013, 03:54 PM
"One so far, next door neighbor, '******' but hasn't been on for awhile." (a surprise)

raider8169
08-06-2013, 03:54 PM
I dont think I would want to. On the boards people say their ranks or hint at them but if you actually meet than work would start to cross on the boards. On here I could ask anyone a question or say something stupid without it coming back to bite me.

Shaken1976
08-06-2013, 03:56 PM
True. Although I know two people on here from being stationed together at previous bases.

I dont think I would want to. On the boards people say their ranks or hint at them but if you actually meet than work would start to cross on the boards. On here I could ask anyone a question or say something stupid without it coming back to bite me.

RetC141BFCC
08-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Not as in you knew them from somewhere else...but met them on the forum and found out you lived close or something and met?

Not yet but RC lives close by and sooner or latter we will get together for a few drinks. As far as anybody else since I am aJr blue card carrying member of the Mafia ( i due not wear black socks with shorts or sandals yet.) I would gladly get together for a drink

Capt Alfredo
08-07-2013, 04:18 PM

I was TDY to where Bruwin lives and we played a round of golf. Turns out we know a lot of the same people, which isn't surprising since we're both intel guys.

Juggs
08-07-2013, 10:22 PM
Nope, and wouldn't want to. Even though some of the guys let their rank show in this place, they don't try to throw it around.

RS6405
08-13-2013, 10:03 AM
I've met one member and his family while on vacation and enjoyed meeting them. (I wish my son was more social, but he was overwhelmed and wanted to shut down)

I have an open invitation to another member who shares my interests in rock grubbing/ gem mining to explore certain areas/ mines in my neck of the woods.

There are a few others I wouldn't mind meeting, but not everyone.

Pullinteeth
08-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Just the few that I already knew outside of the forum...