PDA

View Full Version : Base housing

Shaken1976
08-05-2013, 01:11 PM
How many people have lived in base housing since it went privatized? Do you think service has gotten better or worse? I didn't live on base before it was privatized...but you would think a company would do a bit better taking care of things. My area has had insect infestations to include scorpions. Even found one in my dryer. They have sprayed many times and it seems they move from one house to the other.

Another issue that seems to have to be taken care of time and again is plumbing. It is really getting old.

Anyone else deal with these issues?

Oh..forgot to mention...lots of these houses have mold issues. They move people out of them and then a few months later move someone else in.

poindexter
08-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Who is the company that took over? Balfour Beatty is taking over our housing here and it has me a bit fearful.

SomeRandomGuy
08-05-2013, 01:28 PM
How many people have lived in base housing since it went privatized? Do you think service has gotten better or worse? I didn't live on base before it was privatized...but you would think a company would do a bit better taking care of things. My area has had insect infestations to include scorpions. Even found one in my dryer. They have sprayed many times and it seems they move from one house to the other.

Another issue that seems to have to be taken care of time and again is plumbing. It is really getting old.

Oh..forgot to mention...lots of these houses have mold issues. They move people out of them and then a few months later move someone else in.

I only lived in privatized housing once and it was for a very short time. I really did not have many issues with the actual housing (it wasn't the best but I'm not that picky). My main issue is with having everyone in your business. Security Forces has joint jurisdiction in housing and let's be honest they get a little bored sometimes. I hated getting stopped on my street at one of their impromprtu checkpoints all the freaking time. Also I found it a bit ridiculous that if you have any issues in housing you are on the blotter and you have to explain things to your commander. If you live off base and your neighbors call the cops for noise the cops come and warn you and that is the end of it. If you live on base the cops come warn you then you get to work on monday and you get chewed out by your supervisor, flight chief, shirt, then commander. The same goes for lawn violations. If your yard is too tall off base maybe teh landlord or city has something to say about it but it never makes it back to base. If your yard is too tall in housing you get chewed out by supervisor, flight chief, shirt, and commander. Why would anyone willingly subject themelves to living in housing unless it was literally the last avaliable option?

P.S. I didn't even mention all of the nosey neighbors who spy on you and constantly start rumors about you at work. Don't even get me started on that.

raider8169
08-05-2013, 01:34 PM
I am getting ready to be back home with my family in base housing. I moved them into it during my mid tour and from what little I have seen everything seemed good. Family has been in there for 6 months and the only real complaints I hear is the ants but I can't blame the housing office for that.

CYBERFX1024
08-05-2013, 02:00 PM
It all depends on what base you are at and who is taking over.

BOSS302
08-05-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm not too familiar with how base housing operates, though I should be seeing as I'm CE...

In the UK there is on-base housing (Liberty Village) run by 48th CES Housing Office with contracted maintenance. It is all brand-new and spacious by UK standards; a visiting RAF officer (O-6 equivalent) stated that the houses for Junior NCOs were nicer than RAF housing for their officers.

There is off-base privatized housing (Lord's Walk) that wouldn't be out of place in Detroit, Cleveland, or from the television show "The Wire". I fully-expect the theme music from Law & Order to be on constant repeat in that area . Crap houses. Crap security. Theft from vehicles and property, though it is also the fault of lazy USAF members who do not lock their belongings.

The off-base housing for officers at Mildenhall is gorgeous; huge 1930s-era homes with gated driveways and gated gardens.

At Tyndall AFB, there is housing right on the bay. One could launch a boat or kayak just a short walk from their back door.

At Robins AFB there is some "nice" housing but it looks as though it was built from plywood and plastic; I know it is maintained by contractors.

In fairness, the only "really bad" privatized housing I've seen is Lord's Walk in the UK.

Giant Voice
08-05-2013, 02:52 PM
Everybody's complaint here about privatized housing is about accurate. When I was living on base, the agency seemed like they only cared for the newly built houses.

My only real complaint was not being able to do minor maintenance to vehicles without being harrased. The hobby shop has terrible hours. If your a swing shifter..forget about it.

Measure Man
08-05-2013, 03:16 PM
In my experience...when the contractor took over existing base housing, it is what it is, they did an ok job of managing it.

When they built new houses of their own, they built fantastic homes that were the best I'd ever seen.

Langley AFB.

Absinthe Anecdote
08-05-2013, 03:59 PM
In my experience...when the contractor took over existing base housing, it is what it is, they did an ok job of managing it.

When they builty new houses of their own, they built fantastic homes that were the best I'd ever seen.

Langley AFB.

I would say that Fort Meade mirrors your comment although I never lived in the new stuff. Talking with friends, many seemed to like it.

However, there is no shortage of Fort Meade haters out there and I'm sure that extends to the housing contractor, Piscerne.

retiredAFcivvy
08-05-2013, 04:50 PM
When you look at the history of how this privatization came about, I don't think the intent was for the conractor to take over "old" housing. Now, I'm not sure but maybe these agreements require the contractor to build new housing in the future. As to the quality of maintainance, when it was done by maintainance contractors there was a quality assurance evaluator that ensured contract standards were met. The occupant had a button to push if things were not done right. With this new concept, I'm not sure what the complaint procedures are.

Bunch
08-05-2013, 05:19 PM
I've never experience the "old" base housing concept but did experience the privatized one. I had no complaints about privatized housing at least from where I was station. They were very proactive on getting stuff fix and providing good customer service. I hate yard work and they did that for us so I like that a lot.

BENDER56
08-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Who is the company that took over? Balfour Beatty is taking over our housing here and it has me a bit fearful.

Balfour Beatty took over the housing at NAS Pensacola/Corry Station when I lived there. The whole changeover was transparent and I never had any problems with them. The maintenance guys were always there same-day and the people in the office were friendly and competent. They even mowed and edged the lawns and trimmed the bushes. I actually stayed in the house for a while after I retired (at a higher rent, though).

OtisRNeedleman
08-05-2013, 06:51 PM
Only lived in base housing once, during the final tour, at DLI. Lived in one of the old historic homes on the Presidio. Very nice. Maintenance was good. Lived on a street with just ten houses. Our AF Element CC/DLI Assistant Commandant's house was just a few doors up the street. Housing was in the privatization process. Overall neighbors were very good. Nice place to raise your kids.

efmbman
08-05-2013, 11:06 PM
I lived in base housing (privatized) at Fort Bliss and Navy Shipyard Portsmouth (New Hampshire - Maine border). The Navy was better in my opinion. The admin staff were nice and attentive. The repair guys were not only quick and competent, but went the extra mile to avoid the quick fix and actually eliminated problems.

The only time I had any problems was at Fort Bliss because I was watering my grass too much (so they said). From my backyard I could see the golf course. I saw the sprinkler system come on twice a day, every day. When I first moved in, I spent the time to pull up and get rid of the 3 foot weeds in my yard. Once that was done, I spread fertilizer and grass seed (both obtained from the self help store on base) and watered. Much to everyone's surprise, I was growing grass! Then they went privatized and had rules about watering. When they talked to me about it I showed them my timer was set for midnight and for 15 minutes only. But it did happen every night. Why encourage the tenants to use the self help store to make the area look better and then not allow proper upkeep? They could not argue with the results, and they backed off especially when I asked why I was to water my nice looking yard 3 times a week while the golf course was allowed to water twice a day. I took the time to make my yard look very nice so what's the beef?

Regarding requirements on the upkeep of the place, some do complain about that. I never felt that they were requiring me to do something I was not prepared to do without their instruction. My place was a reflection on me, so I took care of it.

UH1FE
08-06-2013, 01:10 AM
I was at a location that transitioned to Balfour Beatty and I will never live in one of their properties again! Horrible employee's and service. They wrote me up once for my front yard not being mowed, the problem was that it was their responsibility to cut the grass in the front yard per the contract. Then when we out processed they tried to make us pay for broken stuff we had wrote up and turned into the housing office upon move in. They don't care about you, they are there to squeeze every nickel out of you they can.

RobotChicken
08-06-2013, 02:06 AM
I was at a location that transitioned to Balfour Beatty and I will never live in one of their properties again! Horrible employee's and service. They wrote me up once for my front yard not being mowed, the problem was that it was their responsibility to cut the grass in the front yard per the contract. Then when we out processed they tried to make us pay for broken stuff we had wrote up and turned into the housing office upon move in. They don't care about you, they are there to squeeze every nickel out of you they can.

"Should have told them to get in touch with their Congressman that gave them the contract to suck blood outta you!!!" (I can really get on a rant about this rip-off subject)

TREYSLEDGE
08-06-2013, 05:35 AM

In fairness, the only "really bad" privatized housing I've seen is Lord's Walk in the UK.

Lord's Walk is actualy leased housing, not privatised. Not knowing the details of the lease contract I don't what the differences are compared to privatised housing. Lakenheath will not renew the lease when it expires in a few years. Which is good if it is as bad as you say.

jshiver15
08-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Hickam had just gone to privatized whenever I moved there in '07. They were pretty awful and I think they just didn't care. We had to get maintenance done several times and it was always shoddy work. Our central AC unit had an issue with condensation collecting at a massive rate and instead of trying to remedy the issue, they decided they would just make the PCP pipe that collected it bigger. The problem just got worse and water began to soak into the floor and dry wall one day while we weren't home. Then they wanted us to pay for it even though they'd been out there several times to fix it. We didn't even use the AC very much, which made it worse.

They also complained to my 1stSgt about our dog shitting in the backyard, which simply wasn't true because we always took her out to the side and picked up after her immediately. Had they called or notified me, I could have told them it was my asshole backyard neighbors.

imported_Shove_your_stupid_meeting
08-06-2013, 08:53 AM

FWIW, scorpions are just a pain in the butt. I used to live in Vegas, and scorpions were the only bugs you just couldn't get rid of with a spray.

imported_Shove_your_stupid_meeting
08-06-2013, 09:01 AM
I think housing at MacDill is okay. It does get a little frustrating how often paperwork gets lost and phone calls aren't returned.

They make some decisions that seem a little odd to me too. For example, we know of a couple that demanded a bigger home and they got one, but it's a home for a family with "special needs." We know of another couple without any kids, and apparently no desires to have any, that just got placed in a 3-bedroom home. With the wait list what it is, stuff like this seems a little odd to me.

On the bright side, they've never given us a hard time about anything. We don't have to cut grass, or be careful about where are trash cans are, or any of the things that I used to hear base housing worrying about back in the day.

BOSS302
08-06-2013, 10:15 AM
Lord's Walk is actualy leased housing, not privatised. Not knowing the details of the lease contract I don't what the differences are compared to privatised housing. Lakenheath will not renew the lease when it expires in a few years. Which is good if it is as bad as you say.

Gotcha. Well, there was talk amongst the Forest Heath District Council to turn Lord's Walk into low-income council housing once the USAF handed it over, if that gives you any idea...

BRUWIN
08-06-2013, 11:22 AM
I'll never forget moving to Beale AFB SNCO housing in the late 90s. Brand new housing had been built for Airmen and JR NCOs and SNCOs and officers were left with the shanties. So I get to the housing office when I first arrive and ask the question why the new housing was only for the Airmen and Jr NCOs. I didn't really care because the new housing was too small for me anyways but I just thought I'd ask the question. So the lady behind the counter smugly tells me "well...the reason it's for lower grades is because we are trying to keep them in the Air Force whereas we already have you for 20 years." So I told her "ok...we'll when I get all moved in I'll invite some of my new Airmen over and show them the slums they'll be living in when they get to the rank of MSgt and above, that will certainly give them something to strive for."

I then enlightened her that although it might be some kind of short term fix for the problems we were having keeping people in at the time, young troops recognize a snow job when they see one. She then admitted to me that she never thought of it that way but she quickly hustled my paperwork right along to get me out of there.

Chief_KO
08-06-2013, 12:05 PM
Lived in Picerne housing on Fort Meade. New homes very nice, basements, garages, floorplan. We lived in a renovated 50's Capehart house. They definitely put more effort into the new homes than in the reno of the old homes. The didn't update electrical of comm wiring in the old home nor build any additional storage or even a covered carport. Maintenance was quick to respond and they cut the grass weekly. All our problems were with Meade's infrastructure itself (sewer & electrical). They did learn to do better at renovation, I walked through the second phase of renovations and they looked a whole lot better than ours.

BOSS302
08-06-2013, 12:12 PM
I'll never forget moving to Beale AFB SNCO housing in the late 90s. Brand new housing had been built for Airmen and JR NCOs and SNCOs and officers were left with the shanties. So I get to the housing office when I first arrive and ask the question why the new housing was only for the Airmen and Jr NCOs. I didn't really care because the new housing was too small for me anyways but I just thought I'd ask the question. So the lady behind the counter smugly tells me "well...the reason it's for lower grades is because we are trying to keep them in the Air Force whereas we already have you for 20 years." So I told her "ok...we'll when I get all moved in I'll invite some of my new Airmen over and show them the slums they'll be living in when they get to the rank of MSgt and above, that will certainly give them something to strive for."

I then enlightened her that although it might be some kind of short term fix for the problems we were having keeping people in at the time, young troops recognize a snow job when they see one. She then admitted to me that she never thought of it that way but she quickly hustled my paperwork right along to get me out of there.

Kunsan 2006. The Wolf is having his quarterly "town hall meeting" (lol) and when the floor is opened up, the typical gripes started coming forward: Koreans using the BX, rude overcharging AAFES taxis, curfew, and exercise restrictions.

Then a female one-striper stands up and starts to complain about the Seniors and Chiefs having larger dorm rooms. At the time, most lower enlisted were two to a room...some junior NCOs were able to escape with having their own room with a shared bathroom. She says it wasn't fair for them to have their own large rooms with a "living room" and a small kitchen, and she proceeded to ask why "the airmen who are working 12s can't get the same stuff". Of course all the airmen clapped and shouted "Yeah!" and "You go girl!"...

A MSgt from the other side of the gym yells, "RHIP! RANK HAS ITS PRIVLEDGES!!" The airman with the complaint started doing her ghetto-fab "Uh UH! Oh no he dih-int!" song and dance over with her crowd but otherwise just sat down and was quiet.

The Wolf just kind of laughed and told the one striper that rank does have certain privledges and that if she stayed in, worked hard, and made the rank, she too would enjoy those privledges.

Sergeant eNYgma
08-06-2013, 12:12 PM
I have not lived in them since Privatizationa but I heard it depends on the base pretty much. I had insect, mold, rodent, plumbing, w/e else you can think of had issues with it all. My First Sgt had to go to bat for me to get me moved out of there. Next house was WAY better...then I moved off base period cause I got sick of it all. I don't want to ever again live on base unless I have literally no choice in the matter like they do at some spots overseas.

Also Don't forget the clowns that come by every week to make sure your lawn is cut but the damn lawn has more dirt than grass...da fuq?

BOSS302
08-06-2013, 12:16 PM
I have not lived in them since Privatizationa but I heard it depends on the base pretty much. I had insect, mold, rodent, plumbing, w/e else you can think of had issues with it all. My First Sgt had to go to bat for me to get me moved out of there. Next house was WAY better...then I moved off base period cause I got sick of it all. I don't want to ever again live on base unless I have literally no choice in the matter like they do at some spots overseas.

Also Don't forget the clowns that come by every week to make sure your lawn is cut but the damn lawn has more dirt than grass...da fuq?

At Lakenheath people would shovel snow from their driveway/grass area per the Housing regulations. They'd go to work in the morning thinking they had done right. Then along comes CE's snowplow clearing the roads, and it throws snow & road grime all over that person's driveway and grass edge near the sidewalk. Housing, in their infinite wisdom, would ticket that household for not clearing their areas...even though they had cleared them, it was the snowplow that had thrown everything back up there, and they were at work and obviously unable to immediately re-clear it...

As you would say, da fuq?

Sergeant eNYgma
08-06-2013, 12:21 PM
At Lakenheath people would shovel snow from their driveway/grass area per the Housing regulations. They'd go to work in the morning thinking they had done right. Then along comes CE's snowplow clearing the roads, and it throws snow & road grime all over that person's driveway and grass edge near the sidewalk. Housing, in their infinite wisdom, would ticket that household for not clearing their areas...even though they had cleared them, it was the snowplow that had thrown everything back up there, and they were at work and obviously unable to immediately re-clear it...

As you would say, da fuq?

And I thought they were stupid here...THAT is pretty frikkin stupid. I lived next to some Army guys and they say their chain doesn't really care...they still get notices from offenders but they just don't follow through with any punishment or w/e. I on the other hand was about to get paperwork for my dirt lawn. As an A1C I used to say "I always want to be around the military base housing is a sweet deal"...as a SSgt I say "After work I want to be left the fuck alone, what was I thinking"?

BRUWIN
08-06-2013, 12:32 PM
And I thought they were stupid here...THAT is pretty frikkin stupid. I lived next to some Army guys and they say their chain doesn't really care...they still get notices from offenders but they just don't follow through with any punishment or w/e. I on the other hand was about to get paperwork for my dirt lawn. As an A1C I used to say "I always want to be around the military base housing is a sweet deal"...as a SSgt I say "After work I want to be left the fuck alone, what was I thinking"?

They should just shovel the snow and it won't be a problem.

Measure Man
08-06-2013, 04:22 PM
Kunsan 2006. The Wolf is having his quarterly "town hall meeting" (lol) and when the floor is opened up, the typical gripes started coming forward: Koreans using the BX, rude overcharging AAFES taxis, curfew, and exercise restrictions.

Then a female one-striper stands up and starts to complain about the Seniors and Chiefs having larger dorm rooms. At the time, most lower enlisted were two to a room...some junior NCOs were able to escape with having their own room with a shared bathroom. She says it wasn't fair for them to have their own large rooms with a "living room" and a small kitchen, and she proceeded to ask why "the airmen who are working 12s can't get the same stuff". Of course all the airmen clapped and shouted "Yeah!" and "You go girl!"...

A MSgt from the other side of the gym yells, "RHIP! RANK HAS ITS PRIVLEDGES!!" The airman with the complaint started doing her ghetto-fab "Uh UH! Oh no he dih-int!" song and dance over with her crowd but otherwise just sat down and was quiet.

The Wolf just kind of laughed and told the one striper that rank does have certain privledges and that if she stayed in, worked hard, and made the rank, she too would enjoy those privledges.

He should've said, "How do you know what Senior's and Chief's rooms look like?"

curtst
08-06-2013, 04:48 PM
I have lived on base during privatization twice so far. So far, the service has really changed from what I can tell. The self-help is still there, and if the A/C goes out, I can have someone to my house in a few hours. Good luck with that off base. I don't have to cut my own yard (unless you have a fence then just the area that is fenced in is on your own) anymore either which is a plus. Another big plus, is if I play my utilities right, I get a check in the mail. So it is nice to get some of my BAH back, like I could if I played it right off base. So far it has been pretty smooth with very little to no differences other than what I have mentioned here.

The two places I have lived on base was Whiteman AFB, and currently Randolph AFB.

retiredAFcivvy
08-06-2013, 04:59 PM
I have lived on base during privatization twice so far. So far, the service has really changed from what I can tell. The self-help is still there, and if the A/C goes out, I can have someone to my house in a few hours. Good luck with that off base. I don't have to cut my own yard (unless you have a fence then just the area that is fenced in is on your own) anymore either which is a plus. Another big plus, is if I play my utilities right, I get a check in the mail. So it is nice to get some of my BAH back, like I could if I played it right off base. So far it has been pretty smooth with very little to no differences other than what I have mentioned here.

The two places I have lived on base was Whiteman AFB, and currently Randolph AFB.

It used to be that the AF just paid one big bill for housing utilities. Does each home have a meter now that is read each month?

curtst
08-06-2013, 05:06 PM
It used to be that the AF just paid one big bill for housing utilities. Does each home have a meter now that is read each month?

Yes, the companies will eventually install meters to the houses. After all the houses are hooked up there is about a year trial period seeing how all the houses handle the meters. They take the average cost of all the same type of house and establish a base line of electric cost and gas cost. If you are below that average, you get the difference in your pocket, if you are above, you have to pay out of pocket. At Randolph AFB, I have my thermostat set at 68 during the summer, and I am still getting $50-$75 checks in the mail. Of course the housing is super old and not super nice. My house for example, it is nice and cool downstairs, and upstairs, a hobbit will occasionally come in and toss a ring in. Really weird.

retiredAFcivvy
08-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Yes, the companies will eventually install meters to the houses. After all the houses are hooked up there is about a year trial period seeing how all the houses handle the meters. They take the average cost of all the same type of house and establish a base line of electric cost and gas cost. If you are below that average, you get the difference in your pocket, if you are above, you have to pay out of pocket. At Randolph AFB, I have my thermostat set at 68 during the summer, and I am still getting $50-$75 checks in the mail. Of course the housing is super old and not super nice. My house for example, it is nice and cool downstairs, and upstairs, a hobbit will occasionally come in and toss a ring in. Really weird.

Thanks! Hope you were able to enjoy some of the new housing at Whiteman.

20+Years
08-06-2013, 05:35 PM
My house for example, it is nice and cool downstairs, and upstairs, a hobbit will occasionally come in and toss a ring in. Really weird.

Ok, that was funny. And original.

Bumble78
08-06-2013, 06:41 PM

I had a similar experience with Balfour Beatty, we had new carpet in a two year old house. When we moved out they ripped it all out and tried to charge us over $3,000 for it. They could not even show us the what was wrong with the carpet. There were a lot of other little things that they tried to ding us with. I don't think I was in their office once without a CMSgt in there because of some complaint about them. I will never live in one of there houses again.

retiredAFcivvy
08-06-2013, 07:01 PM
I had a similar experience with Balfour Beatty, we had new carpet in a two year old house. When we moved out they ripped it all out and tried to charge us over $3,000 for it. They could not even show us the what was wrong with the carpet. There were a lot of other little things that they tried to ding us with. I don't think I was in their office once without a CMSgt in there because of some complaint about them. I will never live in one of there houses again.

I believe that is one of the downsides of privatized housing. Occupant damage is looked at a lot closer than before and probably charged at a much higher rate.

efmbman
08-06-2013, 08:52 PM
I believe that is one of the downsides of privatized housing. Occupant damage is looked at a lot closer than before and probably charged at a much higher rate.

Probably so, because the company is responsible to repairs they do not or cannot attribute to the tenant. This can be minimized by looking just as close and documenting existing damage prior to moving in.

Chief_KO
08-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Regarding utility meters, be sure to check how often your a/c or heat runs. At Ft Meade a Major I worked with complained that his ran 24/7. Finally after multiple complaints by him (and the newly installed meter running at light speed) Picerne came out and checked. Not a single piece of insulation was found in the roof. They went threw and inspected all the other new homes as well and found several others.

BRUWIN
08-07-2013, 12:03 PM

"Uh UH! Oh no he dih-int!"

I gotta say...I love the way you described how this all went down. I can just picture it.

Pullinteeth
08-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Only had experience with HBC (awarded the largest contract in AF history-INCLUDING aircraft).... One word for you... EVIL

USAF-Controller
08-14-2013, 03:13 PM

^^THIS^^

Balfour and Beatty are horrible. All they care about is your money and nothing else. They lie, cheat and attempt to steal as much as they can.

Pullinteeth
08-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Probably so, because the company is responsible to repairs they do not or cannot attribute to the tenant. This can be minimized by looking just as close and documenting existing damage prior to moving in.

You might think so but you would think wrong.... Had a neighbor that had the damage well documented prior to moving in, HBC still charged them when they moved out and as you know, with AF members, they CANNOT stop the allotment and neither can finance. ONLY the contract company can. And as I am sure you ALSO know, all appeals are heard by the base housing manager that generally works in the same office as those evil bastards.... If you are PCSing, you would have to come back to have your appeal heard and all that time, the housing company keeps taking your money until THEY think they have enough.

efmbman
08-14-2013, 09:02 PM
You might think so but you would think wrong.... Had a neighbor that had the damage well documented prior to moving in, HBC still charged them when they moved out and as you know, with AF members, they CANNOT stop the allotment and neither can finance. ONLY the contract company can. And as I am sure you ALSO know, all appeals are heard by the base housing manager that generally works in the same office as those evil bastards.... If you are PCSing, you would have to come back to have your appeal heard and all that time, the housing company keeps taking your money until THEY think they have enough.

In my experience (not second hand experience) I am right. Sorry to hear about your neighbor. What I described worked for me and if done properly with sufficient documentation upon moving in the needed repairs or deficiencies would be dealt with long before vacating the quarters.

I hope I am just taking your posts the wrong way, but it seems that you are seeking out all my posts to find fault and/or start an argument.

Pullinteeth
08-15-2013, 12:33 PM
In my experience (not second hand experience) I am right. Sorry to hear about your neighbor. What I described worked for me and if done properly with sufficient documentation upon moving in the needed repairs or deficiencies would be dealt with long before vacating the quarters.

I hope I am just taking your posts the wrong way, but it seems that you are seeking out all my posts to find fault and/or start an argument.

Nope..not at all... Don't even really look at who posts before I reply.