PDA

View Full Version : Soldiers Dog Given Away

technomage1
07-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Www.q13fox.com/2013/07/25/deployed-soldier-returns-home-discovers-his-dog-was-sold-in-his-absence/#axzz2a5whDWnB

A soldier has lost his best friend. When he was deployed he asked someone to look after his dog. Instead the sold or gave him away.

RobotChicken
07-27-2013, 03:36 PM
Www.q13fox.com/2013/07/25/deployed-soldier-returns-home-discovers-his-dog-was-sold-in-his-absence/#axzz2a5whDWnB

A soldier has lost his best friend. When he was deployed he asked someone to look after his dog. Instead the sold or gave him away.

"I'd give you a 'like' but someone would blast me for it thinking 'RC' liked the act of selling the man's DOG!! Now he know's whom his 'best friend was' that did this to his 'buddy'!"

Greg
07-27-2013, 05:30 PM
I'd like to know more about the situation before commenting. What were the arrangements before hand, and how quickly were they arrived at? How long has the two individuals known each other? At least the soldier had the pooch micro chipped, so hopefully the dog will be returned.

technomage1
07-27-2013, 11:45 PM
I'd like to know more about the situation before commenting. What were the arrangements before hand, and how quickly were they arrived at? How long has the two individuals known each other? At least the soldier had the pooch micro chipped, so hopefully the dog will be returned.

I see your point, but I think with the fact that he contacted the person and asked how the dog was doing, they probably knew each other a while and there was enough time beforehand to make arrangements. Regardless, that doesn't excuse getting rid of the dog. You want to back out of a commitment, there is a right way to do it.

I lay my money on a physo ex or a greedy person who sold the dog for money.

Greg
07-28-2013, 02:12 AM
I see your point, but I think with the fact that he contacted the person and asked how the dog was doing, they probably knew each other a while and there was enough time beforehand to make arrangements. Regardless, that doesn't excuse getting rid of the dog. You want to back out of a commitment, there is a right way to do it.

I lay my money on a physo ex or a greedy person who sold the dog for money.

I would probably wager the same. Still, it's shitty, the dude comes back from deployment, and the pooch is gone. I hope the guy doesn't do anything that will cause him trouble down the road.