PDA

View Full Version : WORST CBT EVER!

BOSS302
07-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Air Force Risk Management Fundamentals!!!!

Not only did they choose the most sleep-inducing narrator ever but one is unable to click through the slides. My eyes felt like quilts.

VCO
07-24-2013, 09:31 AM
Are you talking to yourself in a public forum?

BOSS302
07-24-2013, 09:32 AM
Are you talking to yourself in a public forum?

No.

Mcjohn1118
07-24-2013, 10:11 AM
SAPR-LE (Sexual Assault Prevention Response -Law Enforcement) is horrible as well. It's geared towards Security Forces as first responders. It came out a few years ago so not only do we have to take the regular SAPR CBT, we need the annual SAPR class, another class for SAPR first responder training and this CBT. This CBT has a narrator for all slides so you have to wait until the narration is done for the slide to go forward. What a waste of time.

technomage1
07-24-2013, 10:41 AM
SERE. the joint training CBT was developed by the army. Each slide takes forever to load and if you accidentally miss one due to double clicking, it won't let you progress nor will it tell you which slide you missed. So you have to do it all over. It's 8 hours for that one.

Sergeant eNYgma
07-24-2013, 11:55 AM
I always do CBT's on mute....

Juggs
07-24-2013, 12:51 PM
SERE. the joint training CBT was developed by the army. Each slide takes forever to load and if you accidentally miss one due to double clicking, it won't let you progress nor will it tell you which slide you missed. So you have to do it all over. It's 8 hours for that one.

Try to do sere in residence at lovely Fairchild. Better than a CBT

raustin0017
07-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Okay....the correct way to learn from your CBT (Com Bat Trained) is to make sure you have a pad of paper for notes, pen/pencil, and zero distractions.
Never try and click through the slides. Take your time and read each sentence twice.
Draw a sketch of each slide to be used as reference material later. With a little practice you can do one slide in about 7 minutes.
Be patient....be thorough....be awake.
When you finish that first CBT....find your supervisor and brief him/her on each slide. This is where your sketches come in to play. You took the time to do them...be sure to share you new knowledge.

Pullinteeth
07-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Nope...the WORST by FAR is the SNCO JPME....

raustin0017
07-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Nope...the WORST by FAR is the SNCO JPME....

Yes...and it was the most abused. JPME was designed for those who were going to be imbedded with Sister Services....somehow it morphed into a block filler? Seen it on almost all SNCO EPRs...never gave it any credit unless the member was deployed/imbedded with another service.

VFFTSGT
07-24-2013, 06:02 PM
Air Force Risk Management Fundamentals!!!!

Not only did they choose the most sleep-inducing narrator ever but one is unable to click through the slides. My eyes felt like quilts.

That's when you play it in the background and then enjoy Air Force Forums...lol

Silverback
07-25-2013, 01:34 AM
CBTs are so boring. I never get anything useful out of them. I remember a couple of times I power clicked so quick through some CBTs and actually received credit without taking the test. I made sure I printed out that certificate before it disappeared.

Mr. Happy
07-25-2013, 02:38 AM
The most painful CBT ever for me was the one for CBRNE and that Force Protection one where it forces you to click through all the scenarios...HATE THEM! My record breaking CBT was the Homosexual Awareness Training one; took me about 53 seconds of clicking. After so many years in the service, you should be exempt for some. I have over 23 years in; how many times do they have to train me on how to utilize a fire extinguisher? Or put a band aid over a capillary bleed wound?

Sarkile
07-25-2013, 02:47 AM
The SERE 100.1 was pretty bad and I had to split it up over two days. But the worst for me was the Cyber Awareness Challenge. Whoever created that should be fired without benefits. Not only could I not skip the slides but I had to play stupid mini games like rock em sock em robots to proceed. You can also get extra credit to unlock various achievements that aren't necessary to get the printout. Do people really think gamers will care about this CBT because it has achievements?

Pullinteeth
07-25-2013, 03:30 PM
So....we don't have the $$ to fly planes, pay people, go TDY, PCS...BUT we have the $$ to pay actors to yammer in CBTs? The Suicide prevention CBT uses actors to bore you to tears....

technomage1
07-25-2013, 04:44 PM
CBTs are so boring. I never get anything useful out of them. I remember a couple of times I power clicked so quick through some CBTs and actually received credit without taking the test. I made sure I printed out that certificate before it disappeared.

I had one (and I can't remember which one it was, but it was mandatory for a deployment) that wouldn't let you advance. The window would tell you to click the arrow when you were done with the slide, but there wasn't one. I tried resizing the window, refreshing, I tried restarting, I tried a different computer - the little arrow never was there. I tried for like 2 hours.

I finally contracted my UTM and told him I this. He checked it and couldn't advance either. We called the POC, etc, could never get it to work. Then he just gave me credit in the system for it.

Shaken1976
07-25-2013, 07:06 PM
Have you done the Cyber Awareness Challenge on ADLS? CHEESY

Roto
07-25-2013, 08:32 PM

It only took you 8 hours? It took me far longer. It kept crashing on the first part so I had to redo it a couple of times. It was by far the worst one that I had to suffer through.

raustin0017
07-26-2013, 01:52 AM
its a separator...you got one guy who took his time to do it, another who didn't. its PME which you should be promoting not ignoring. Do you need me to send you a copy of the enlisted force structure?

It is a non-valued separator. Everyone understands it was designed for members who were truly going to be working/imbedded with Sister Services. As soon as they made it available most thought it would check off another block. Not true....when this simple CBT was accomplished by everyone it lost any value for being a 'separator'. Always promoted PME...the JPME just never held much water when I was comparing records.

Measure Man
07-26-2013, 02:47 AM
Okay....the correct way to learn from your CBT (Com Bat Trained) is to make sure you have a pad of paper for notes, pen/pencil, and zero distractions.
Never try and click through the slides. Take your time and read each sentence twice.
Draw a sketch of each slide to be used as reference material later. With a little practice you can do one slide in about 7 minutes.
Be patient....be thorough....be awake.
When you finish that first CBT....find your supervisor and brief him/her on each slide. This is where your sketches come in to play. You took the time to do them...be sure to share you new knowledge.

Give me a break!

CBTs are used so the AF can say they completed training without committing any resources to it...i.e. BS training that sounds nice, but doesn't really matter.

Yes...and it was the most abused. JPME was designed for those who were going to be imbedded with Sister Services....somehow it morphed into a block filler? Seen it on almost all SNCO EPRs...never gave it any credit unless the member was deployed/imbedded with another service.

Absolutely correct.

its a separator...you got one guy who took his time to do it, another who didn't. its PME which you should be promoting not ignoring. Do you need me to send you a copy of the enlisted force structure?

JPME was never supposed to be a separator.

It is a non-valued separator. Everyone understands it was designed for members who were truly going to be working/imbedded with Sister Services. As soon as they made it available most thought it would check off another block. Not true....when this simple CBT was accomplished by everyone it lost any value for being a 'separator'. Always promoted PME...the JPME just never held much water when I was comparing records.

Yes, it should be given about as much weight as someone taking the Philippine Cultural Sensitivity training when they are not going to the PI...that being NONE.

Mr. Happy
07-26-2013, 11:46 AM
JPME was never supposed to be a separator.

Removed since I was incorrect - Thanks Pullinteeth for the save.

Pullinteeth
07-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Not to mention, they put a memo out some years ago explicitly forbidding even mentioning JPME on the EPR. Maybe raustin0017 or someone else here who has actually sat a board can correct me, but I don't think the board has any way of even knowing whether you completed JPME or not. You can't put it on the EPR, and I'm pretty sure the promotion brief the board sees on you merely shows "SNCOA Completion - Yes or No". It doesn't show every bit of PME completed like your typical personnel print outs do. So if they can't see it anyways, and if you aren't taking a joint assignment, it's pointless (except for maybe some cheesy self-improvement bullet on a 1206).

Ummmm...you have it EXACTLY backward. It is the ONLY PME you can mention on an EPR;

AFI 36-2406

1.12.3.4.7.1. The only permissible PME comments in EPRs will be those referencing selections for an official PME award or completion of Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (SEJPME) courses (web based course).

Mr. Happy
07-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Ummmm...you have it EXACTLY backward. It is the ONLY PME you can mention on an EPR;

AFI 36-2406

1.12.3.4.7.1. The only permissible PME comments in EPRs will be those referencing selections for an official PME award or completion of Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education (SEJPME) courses (web based course).

I stand corrected then. Could of sworn I saw a memo once stating otherwise. Guess I'm getting old.