PDA

View Full Version : Parents with "Gender challenged kids"

garhkal
07-16-2013, 05:36 PM
Just got done watching an episode of the cop show Major crimes (What the closer morphed into), where they were going over a case where the brother of a boy with gender identity disorder (thinking he was a girl all the way back to being 4-5 yrs old) killed him/her, but they initially blamed it on someone else, then the father, then the mother..

What got me about it, was that one of the parents, not just encouraged it, but seemed hell bent (Even going so far to cash in his retirement pension, to help pay for the 75 grand for hormone replacement therapy) was pushing to make it happen.

Maybe its just the "Grognard" in me, but when i was a kid, we didn't have all these young-uns having issues identifying their sex, and how the heck does a 10-12 yr old (let alone a 5 yr old) KNOW they are the wrong sex??

Measure Man
07-16-2013, 05:46 PM
when i was a kid, we didn't have all these young-uns having issues identifying their sex

We had them, we just called them sissies.

Rusty Jones
07-16-2013, 05:48 PM
You don't have to know me very long in order to know that I'm a very liberal person. But, of course... there are limits to everything, and I'm no different. This is where I draw the line.

Now, if upon reaching puberty, a child decides they consider themselves to be the sex completely opposite of what their chromosomes say they are; more power to them. Let them do what they're going to do. They're at the age now where, within the boundries of the house rules that you set, they can take care of themselves.

But an elementary school aged kid, much less a toddler... and parents nurturing this?

If your child is going to be gay or transgender, then let it be because nature took its course.

I understand that in the 1800's and early 1900's, dressing up little boys as little girls (Google child pics of FDR, for example) was pretty common; however, I don't think that the intent back then was to nurture a transgender identity, as is the case now.

garhkal
07-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Exactly. I can maybe see a kid in their teens having that, as they should now be old enough to not only know the difference, but understand them and their feelings. but a 5 yr old? COME on.

106PADDOCK
07-16-2013, 06:04 PM
We had them, we just called them sissies.

Yep, now it's diversity!:uncomfortableness:

Measure Man
07-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Exactly. I can maybe see a kid in their teens having that, as they should now be old enough to not only know the difference, but understand them and their feelings. but a 5 yr old? COME on.

Just to be clear...I agree that 5 yo is way to young to be doing hormone therapy and all this stuff.

Rusty Jones
07-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Just to be clear, I really don't believe in the concept of being born "the wrong sex." Although I'll use the gender pronouns that a the transgender person wishes to be referred as, do I really BELIEVE in my mind that that's what they are?

Do you?

If you are a heterosexual male; ask yourself this - pick any female celebrity that you think is hot. Mila Kunis, Megan Fox, Beyonce - you can name ANY. Let's say you run into someone who looks EXACTLY like them. You start chatting, you start clicking, and then... they mention to you that they're a post-op transsexual.

Do you continue on? Or do you look elsewhere?

If you say that you do see transsexuals as the sex that they consider themselves, AND, you would actually continue on with the particular transsexual that looks like the celebrity of your choosing; then you are definitely sincere.

I just couldn't do it. I honestly don't think most straight men could.

And... I also wonder how easy or hard it is for transgenders/transsexuals to get dates when they disclose their former gender in the beginning.

If you were a man and are now a woman... a straight man is still going to see you as a man, so he's not going to want you. Why would a gay man want to be with someone that looks like a woman, and probably no longer has a penis? A straight woman won't want you, because she wants someone with a penis and someone who looks like a man. A lesbian won't want you, because she still sees you as a man. And you might not have a vagina.

So who does that leave you?

Pullinteeth
07-16-2013, 06:49 PM
I understand that in the 1800's and early 1900's, dressing up little boys as little girls (Google child pics of FDR, for example) was pretty common; however, I don't think that the intent back then was to nurture a transgender identity, as is the case now.

Not exactly....the dresses were considered genderless and were done in no small part because it is just more convenient to change a diaper without pants...(sometimes even with no diaper).

Measure Man
07-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Just to be clear, I really don't believe in the concept of being born "the wrong sex." Although I'll use the gender pronouns that a the transgender person wishes to be referred as, do I really BELIEVE in my mind that that's what they are?

Do you?

I'll say, I believe that there is a biologic difference between men and women, apart from the anatomical, I mean. And that, since it is biological, that the biological chemicals at work in our brains can be "different" in some people...creating, in effect, a woman trapped in a man's body or vice versa.

I do believe that environment and nurture can affect this also...and develop one either more toward or more away from that biological starting point. The biological starting point can be more defined is some people than in others.

If you are a heterosexual male; ask yourself this - pick any female celebrity that you think is hot. Mila Kunis, Megan Fox, Beyonce - you can name ANY. Let's say you run into someone who looks EXACTLY like them. You start chatting, you start clicking, and then... they mention to you that they're a post-op transsexual.

I think we've been through this before...I think if that person truly came across as female, then I could give it a run. However, of all those that I've met, there was also something about them that you could tell wasn't 100% female...not sure what exactly it is, but like an aura or pheromones, hormones or what it is...they might "look" female, but you could tell something.

If you say that you do see transsexuals as the sex that they consider themselves, AND, you would actually continue on with the particular transsexual that looks like the celebrity of your choosing; then you are definitely sincere.

And... I also wonder how easy or hard it is for transgenders/transsexuals to get dates when they disclose their former gender in the beginning.

If you were a man and are now a woman... a straight man is still going to see you as a man, so he's not going to want you. Why would a gay man want to be with someone that looks like a woman, and probably no longer has a penis? A straight woman won't want you, because she wants someone with a penis and someone who looks like a man. A lesbian won't want you, because she still sees you as a man. And you might not have a vagina.

I think with the internet, especially, there is someone for everyone

garhkal
07-17-2013, 08:28 PM
Just to be clear...I agree that 5 yo is way to young to be doing hormone therapy and all this stuff.

Do you think they are 'old enough' though to "KNOW" that they are of the wrong sex?

Neither do i. Cause it also brings up issues such as
A) berthing for communal areas.. IE our He-she wants to go camping with her local church/cubs/scouts (what ever). Is he-she tented with the other girls, or boys?
B) Shower/toilet facilities> Sorry, but imo, if their plumbing is male, they use the men's.
C) fitness issues. WE all know PT requirements, and sports are separated into mens and women's teams. So would a HE-she be on the men's team? Women's team? Graded on the women's chart or mens?

I'll say, I believe that there is a biologic difference between men and women, apart from the anatomical, I mean. And that, since it is biological, that the biological chemicals at work in our brains can be "different" in some people...creating, in effect, a woman trapped in a man's body or vice versa.

In that case, have tests been done that show these "Gender identity disorder kids" HAVE those chemical or other imbalances? What of MRI's or other scientific proof, other than some 'psychologist saying they feel that way?

I think we've been through this before...I think if that person truly came across as female, then I could give it a run. However, of all those that I've met, there was also something about them that you could tell wasn't 100% female...not sure what exactly it is, but like an aura or pheromones, hormones or what it is...they might "look" female, but you could tell something.

I have heard of several who DID have that happen (met a "Hot chick" who turned out to be a post op tranny) and got very violent towards them for (in their opinion) misled.

[QUOTE=Measure Man;640654]

Measure Man
07-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Do you think they are 'old enough' though to "KNOW" that they are of the wrong sex?

No. Although at that age they understand there is a difference between girls and boys, they don't fully understand it.

that case, have tests been done that show these "Gender identity disorder kids" HAVE those chemical or other imbalances? What of MRI's or other scientific proof, other than some 'psychologist saying they feel that way?

I don't know.

I have heard of several who DID have that happen (met a "Hot chick" who turned out to be a post op tranny) and got very violent towards them for (in their opinion) misled.

I've heard of that happening, too.

71Fish
07-17-2013, 08:56 PM

Do you?

This reminds me of Mr Garrison, who became a woman, then became a lesbian.

sandsjames
07-17-2013, 09:05 PM
This reminds me of Mr Garrison, who became a woman, then became a lesbian.

Mmmmm kay?

Rusty Jones
07-17-2013, 09:31 PM
Neither do i. Cause it also brings up issues such as
A) berthing for communal areas.. IE our He-she wants to go camping with her local church/cubs/scouts (what ever). Is he-she tented with the other girls, or boys?
B) Shower/toilet facilities> Sorry, but imo, if their plumbing is male, they use the men's.
C) fitness issues. WE all know PT requirements, and sports are separated into mens and women's teams. So would a HE-she be on the men's team? Women's team? Graded on the women's chart or men's?

Only post-op transexuals should be legally recognized. Dicks stay out of the women's room, and twats stay out of the men's room.

garhkal
07-18-2013, 03:25 AM
I don't know..

The reasoning i mentioned that, is i liken it to all the crap we hear these days about add/adhd etc.. Though supposedly there are at least now some sort of MRI scan they can do to check for ADD.

Only post-op transexuals should be legally recognized. Dicks stay out of the women's room, and twats stay out of the men's room.

That's my thought as well, but looking at this site ("http://blogs.hrhero.com/diversity/2010/05/16/gender-identity-protection-resurfaces-in-federal-local-laws/) it seems some states DO have laws for that.. though it seems most deal with work places.
This (http://transworkplace.blogspot.com/2007/03/how-many-states-have-law-covering.html) one specifically deals with work place laws, but at least gives a number for how many states have them.

I also found a PDF on this (http://www.nclrights.org/site/DocServer/StateLawsThatProhibitDiscriminationAgainstTransPeo ple.pdf?docID=7821) site that had this to say in relation specifically for schools

Ten states (California, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, New Jersey, Oregon, Vermont and Washington) and the District of Columbia have laws specifically prohibiting gender identity discrimination in public schools and, in some cases, private schools that receive state funding. In these states, school officials may not harass, or allow others to harass, a student based on the student’s gender identity. In addition to those states, Maryland and North Carolina require that school districts have a policy against harassment and bullying based on a list of characteristics that includes gender identity. Increasingly, schools and school districts have also adopted policies protecting transgender students from discrimination, providing that transgender students be allowed to use restrooms and locker rooms and participate in sports in accordance with their gender identity

Pullinteeth
07-26-2013, 03:54 PM
DOJ has forced a CA school to allow kids the right to choose which restroom they want to use....

"Under the deal, the district must not only change the student’s restroom privileges and make similar accommodations on overnight trips. It also must institute a host of measures to ensure transgender students are treated as whatever gender they consider themselves to be."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/26/doj-ripped-for-making-transgender-restroom-use-new-front-in-civil-rights-battle/

garhkal
07-26-2013, 06:01 PM
I loved this part of that article..

Andrea Lafferty, president of the Traditional Values Coalition, told FoxNews.com that the main issue is whether this decision will impact the rights and fairness for the majority of kids.

“We are seeing a trend here nationally where we have individuals who are psychologically unhealthy who are always getting with they want, but what do you do about the hundreds of other children in the school affected?” she said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/26/doj-ripped-for-making-transgender-restroom-use-new-front-in-civil-rights-battle/#ixzz2aAxkHWcy

Pullinteeth
07-26-2013, 10:22 PM
I wish I were a horny teenage boy again...I could DEMAND access to the girls locker room and actually GET it..... How fucked up is THAT?

garhkal
07-27-2013, 06:28 PM
Exactly.. I wonder have the powers that be, thought through the ramifications of this decision? Why should the 'rights' of the one outway all the other peoples rights?

garhkal
08-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Well, fox news had a bit on the CA law being pushed through allowing kids to use which ever shower/toilet facilities they want..

Absinthe Anecdote
08-09-2013, 06:16 PM
Great idea!

sandsjames
08-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Well, fox news had a bit on the CA law being pushed through allowing kids to use which ever shower/toilet facilities they want..

Saw this report. Ridiculous. How can they even look at doing this? Last thing I would want if I were still in school is for some 300 pound 13 year old girl to be taking a dump in the stall next to me.

On a serious note, can you imagine all the sexual harassment accusations that would take place if this went through?

garhkal
08-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Plus i notice in neither of the news reports, whether any of those kids wanting to use those other facilities (that they 'identify' with) need to show any proof, like councelling sessions, doc visits, psychatric visits etc.
Also neither seemed to be concerned about the rights of the OTHER kids in those bathrooms/shower facilities and whether THEY want to have someone physically of the opposite sex in side or not.

Pullinteeth
08-13-2013, 03:41 PM
Plus i notice in neither of the news reports, whether any of those kids wanting to use those other facilities (that they 'identify' with) need to show any proof, like councelling sessions, doc visits, psychatric visits etc.
Also neither seemed to be concerned about the rights of the OTHER kids in those bathrooms/shower facilities and whether THEY want to have someone physically of the opposite sex in side or not.

It was signed into law today....It ALSO allows boys to play on girls sports teams and vice versa.... Can't hack it on the boys basketball team? Pad your stats on the girls team....

garhkal
08-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Wow.. Just wow.

What next. Telling the mil that TG troops should use the most favorable PRT results.

Pullinteeth
09-10-2013, 08:35 PM
This chick is disappointed that she can't run for Homecoming King (yet). She also says she changed her DL to male but that isn't possible unless she had a sex change (she hasn't)....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/10/pennsylvania-student-born-female-seeks-to-be-homecoming-king/?test=latestnews

garhkal
09-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Here is hoping that school district doesn't cave.

Pullinteeth
10-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Finally....a girl becomes Homecoming King... I bet the Homecoming Queen was THRILLED that she is now forced into a psuedo-lesbian relationship....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/07/new-hampshire-transgender-student-chosen-homecoming-king/?intcmp=latestnews

garhkal
10-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Finally....a girl becomes Homecoming King... I bet the Homecoming Queen was THRILLED that she is now forced into a psuedo-lesbian relationship....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/07/new-hampshire-transgender-student-chosen-homecoming-king/?intcmp=latestnews

Egads.. Its usually the other way around we hear about it (boys going to be girls). "bout" time it was the opposite.

Pullinteeth
10-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Egads.. Its usually the other way around we hear about it (boys going to be girls). "bout" time it was the opposite.

You did see the other article right (from PA)? The way it works is like this, guy not that great at sports-joins the girls team. Chick too ugly to be homecoming queen-runs for homecoming king.... And they all seem to want to use the other gender's locker room...