PDA

View Full Version : outprocessing for deployment

BIGGUNS85
07-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Quick question...

Is there an AFI that dictates how much time you should be allowed to begin outprocessing for a deployment? For some reason the almighty Google doesn't want to help out with this one.

Thanks!

VFFTSGT
07-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Quick question...

Is there an AFI that dictates how much time you should be allowed to begin outprocessing for a deployment? For some reason the almighty Google doesn't want to help out with this one.

Thanks!

I don't think there is a definitive time specified...

Out-processing requirements vary based on location you are going to. They are governed by the reporting instructions for that location. You can view these reporting instructions, which have the OP list too, on AEF Online, click on AFRIT.

You may find something in AFI 10-401, 402, or 403.

I've added up all the CBT's you have to do and it came out to something like 72 hours alone (depending on location and if you had to do them all) just spent on doing CBT's...if you did them right and read/listened to them all. This time estimate is based on the AF's on time estimate listed for each CBT.

So, you need at least that much time...lol

Pullinteeth
07-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Quick question...

Thanks!

Ha ha ha.....you really think they would put that in an AFI? There isn't even anything that says you have to be given time to outprocess when you are separating or retiring... common sense would dictate that you need time but.....all the time they REALLY have to give you is time that you have mandatory appointment and the time it takes to get to and from those appointments.

SomeRandomGuy
07-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Quick question...

Thanks!

There is definitly no AFI for that because requirements vary too much. When we did exercises at WPAFB we setup a deployment line for outprocessing. It only takes you about 10 minutes to walk through that line then sit through about 30 minutes of condensed briefings and you are done. Of course in the real world we do not deploy in mass but that is how we practice it.

CrustySMSgt
07-12-2013, 03:49 PM
Are you asking how much "outprocessing" time you get (i.e., how much time you get cut loose from the job to get things done as well as get in a little down time before you go)? Like the "outprocessing" time you get before you PCS where you get dropped off the schedule for a week to "outprocess?" If so, then no, there is nothing in an AFI. Unless you're on leave or a CC granted pass, you're on duty until you depart.

Comrade
07-13-2013, 12:59 AM
You get as much time as they need you to have. If they need you to go home and grab your bag for an afternoon flight, it's amazing how much of that checklist and all those CBTs suddenly become unnecessary.

KC-10 FE
07-13-2013, 03:02 AM
I am assuming that you got tasked with a short notice tasking???

If so I am pretty sure that there is no minimum time that you are allotted except the time it actually takes you to get it done, which is amazingly fast in those situations as agency's cater to this situations versus strictly following their own set "rules" that are actually printed on your checklist.

How much notice were you given?