PDA

View Full Version : Question about closing the Commissary on Furlough days

Shaken1976
07-11-2013, 07:00 PM
I am guessing by closing the store for a day or extra day they are saving money. To me this means the store doesn't bring in more money than it spends to operate for the day. Otherwise wouldn't it make more sense to keep it open? Have I confused you yet?

Pullinteeth
07-11-2013, 07:10 PM
I am guessing by closing the store for a day or extra day they are saving money. To me this means the store doesn't bring in more money than it spends to operate for the day. Otherwise wouldn't it make more sense to keep it open? Have I confused you yet?

Nope....merely a political tool. Instead of scheduling personnel to stagger their furlough day, remain open and minimize impact on the populace as a whole, many are scheduling ALL for the same day to actually INCREASE the impact....to make a point.

chrisaf4
07-11-2013, 07:23 PM
Not to mention all the produce, dairy, and meat that is going to spoil or go bad...

Pullinteeth
07-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Every program the govt conjures up to save money, ends up costing more or never achieves savings.

Actually, apparently this past month there was a budget surplus....

imported_oih82w8
07-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Not to mention all the produce, dairy, and meat that is going to spoil or go bad...

This just means more stuff for the "day old bread, crumpled box, dented can, torn wrapper, etc..." corner.

Hell, our commissary is going to be closed on Mondays while our furlough day is Friday! :aargh4:

Kicker47
07-11-2013, 07:52 PM
This just means more stuff for the "day old bread, crumpled box, dented can, torn wrapper, etc..." corner.

Hell, our commissary is going to be closed on Mondays while our furlough day is Friday! :aargh4:

That's so all the furloughed people can do their shopping on their furlough day.

71Fish
07-11-2013, 07:56 PM
Back in the "old days" the commissary was always closed on monday for restocking. 2007 when I went to Hill was the first time I saw a commissary open on a monday.