PDA

View Full Version : When does our status change?

DocBones
07-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Now, I am a Commander. I have seen all of the other status's having been changed. So when does each status upgrade? Thanks.

imnohero
07-13-2013, 12:43 AM
I think it has to do with the number of posts, I changed from commander to 1 star when I hit 500. Maybe a coincidence?

RobotChicken
07-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Now, I am a Commander. I have seen all of the other status's having been changed. So when does each status upgrade? Thanks.

"Doc when you hit 1,000 posts they cast them in brass!!" (if you have the 'nads' to last that long;LOL)

CplZZ
07-13-2013, 10:14 PM
cool that they promote ya, and based solely on participation and not content.

Pullinteeth
07-22-2013, 02:33 PM
cool that they promote ya, and based solely on participation and not content.

What is funny is to see the #s swing drastically when posts, threads, or entire sections get deleted...

DocBones
07-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks for your answers and statements, guys!

CYBERFX1024
07-22-2013, 02:48 PM
I was wondering about that too. But I have over 900 posts and I am still a Commander. So............. who knows what's going on.

RobotChicken
07-22-2013, 02:50 PM
I was wondering about that too. But I have over 900 posts and I am still a Commander. So............. who knows what's going on.

509 more cyber...for the brass..

Class5Kayaker
07-22-2013, 02:53 PM

When I look at your post above, to the right it says you have 490 posts.

Pullinteeth
07-22-2013, 03:42 PM
If you want to see where the breaks are, you can go to the member list and sort by post count...that will show you where the breaks are.

Bourne
08-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Well, I don't want to fuel a post war, but here are the breakdowns.

Recruit 0
FNG 30
Platoon Daddy 100
Commander 250
One Star 500
Two Star 650
Three Star 800
Top Brass 1000

I think this could be improved. Any recommendations? We toyed with the idea of a "Revered" or similar title, that could only be bestowed upon you by an Admin/Mod, and would not relate to post count.

Thoughts?

Bourne
08-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Also, CYBERFX1024 and Class5Kayaker, the post count will go down when a thread is deleted which contained posts by you. We cleared out many threads for various reasons over the last few months, and unfortunately, many members took a big hit to post-count.

efmbman
08-02-2013, 04:56 PM

Recruit 0
FNG 30
Platoon Daddy 100
Commander 250
One Star 500
Two Star 650
Three Star 800
Top Brass 1000

I think this could be improved. Any recommendations? We toyed with the idea of a "Revered" or similar title, that could only be bestowed upon you by an Admin/Mod, and would not relate to post count.

Thoughts?

I would replace "Top Brass" with something else. It's too generic in my opinion. Why not Four Star? Chief of Staff and / CINC would be good too.

oldgrndr@
08-02-2013, 06:06 PM

Recruit 0
FNG 30
Platoon Daddy 100
Commander 250
One Star 500
Two Star 650
Three Star 800
Top Brass 1000

Thoughts?

Without some sort of quatitative requirement to achieve/earn that; vice a subjective opinion it depends on whether or not the Mods like the prospective individual. And if left to us could fail like the Rep Wars did. The "Likes," "Dislikes" and "Thanks" might be a more qualitative indicator. Can you add a "Funny" category? IE right now I can "Like" a post if it's funny or if it's well thought out (even if I disagree with the premise). But if we had the extra category that could eventual level out and tell us "that dude is a goof ball and everything he says could be meant as a sarcasm/humor."

RobotChicken
08-02-2013, 06:13 PM
Without some sort of quatitative requirement to achieve/earn that; vice a subjective opinion it depends on whether or not the Mods like the prospective individual. And if left to us could fail like the Rep Wars did. The "Likes," "Dislikes" and "Thanks" might be a more qualitative indicator. Can you add a "Funny" category? IE right now I can "Like" a post if it's funny or if it's well thought out (even if I disagree with the premise). But if we had the extra category that could eventual level out and tell us "that dude is a goof ball and everything he says could be meant as a sarcasm/humor."

"Okay; I'll tone it down a feather or two then."

CYBERFX1024
08-02-2013, 07:32 PM
Ok, thank you. I was wondering why my thread count looked alittle low.

imnohero
08-02-2013, 10:18 PM

Recruit 0
FNG 30
Platoon Daddy 100
Commander 250
One Star 500
Two Star 650
Three Star 800
Top Brass 1000

Thoughts?

I think any change should be driven by the reasoning behind the "ranking system." As it stands, it only reflects # of posts, which a very active member can run up quickly.

If the point is to show how long an individual has been around, you could use join date. 0-30 days, new guy...1-6 months....1 year....etc.

Would we want it to reflect standing within the forum community? (I have no idea how you would implement this idea)

Personally, I would rather see it by join date than post count. If possible, could you replace the rank with the join date, and eliminate the "rank" altogether?

efmbman
08-02-2013, 10:22 PM
Personally, I would rather see it by join date than post count. If possible, could you replace the rank with the join date, and eliminate the "rank" altogether?

I like the join date. Good idea!