PDA

View Full Version : I did not make TSgt

PT GOD
07-03-2013, 03:29 PM

20+Years
07-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Nah, don't waste your time studying. STEP comes out every winter. It will make a great Christmas present for you.

Get back to the gym. You could of already done an additional set.

BISSBOSS
07-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Aaaawww Peanut... :third

There, there...

Maybe next time.

-BB-

El Kabong
07-03-2013, 04:24 PM
I was pretty shocked when the results came out and my name was nowhere to be seen, I was sure they would take my PT scores into consideration when grading my test, I asked my shirt and commander why they didn't and DID YOU KNOW, they don't even look at PT scores when scoring tests?? Whats up with that!!???

Anyways, they told me the next time a STEP stripe was available they would put me in for it and pretty much guaranteed I would get it due to my continued excellence in PT.

That being said I did do pretty well, that page thing that shows you the results, I only missed it by 60 points and scored HIGHER than 2% of eligible s which means, i'm two 2% smart!! Must have been all those time in grade and services ponits I didnt get. Oh and I scored a 18 on the test, but only studied for a few weeks, maybe next year i'll study for a month or two.

an 18?? pick "C" on every one and you'll get a 25. "C" is the one 2nd from the right by the way.

raustin0017
07-03-2013, 05:55 PM
I was pretty shocked when the results came out and my name was nowhere to be seen, I was sure they would take my PT scores into consideration when grading my test, I asked my shirt and commander why they didn't and DID YOU KNOW, they don't even look at PT scores when scoring tests?? Whats up with that!!???

Anyways, they told me the next time a STEP stripe was available they would put me in for it and pretty much guaranteed I would get it due to my continued excellence in PT.

That being said I did do pretty well, that page thing that shows you the results, I only missed it by 60 points and scored HIGHER than 2% of eligible s which means, i'm two 2% smart!! Must have been all those time in grade and services ponits I didnt get. Oh and I scored a 18 on the test, but only studied for a few weeks, maybe next year i'll study for a month or two.

Maybe you suffer from lessdickseeah? I mean Dyslexia and scored an 81 on the test. Anyway...as a SSgt you should understand the EPS & WAPS a little bit...right? Ever if you scored a 1000 on the FIT it would not reflect on your WAPS scoring.

CJSmith
07-03-2013, 06:05 PM

Did you give up drinking? Your posts are much more tolerable to read now.

jondstewart
07-03-2013, 06:40 PM

I share your pain. I was in 15 1/2 years when I made TSgt, but that was in 2004 and promotions for TSgt were pretty low then. It's always been the hardest to make. Actually, anything past SSgt is hard! And SSgt cutoff was 300 when I made it in 1997.

What REALLY makes me sick is that in the Army you have people with the vocabulary and reading level of a 4th grader easily making E6 before their 10th year and a 1st Sgt by their 15th!

imported_oih82w8
07-03-2013, 07:28 PM
When did "Part Time gawd" make SSgt? :drum

20+Years
07-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Dems da breaks kid. By the way, look up something called "HYT" for SSgts. I think you will need to know.

raustin0017
07-03-2013, 08:56 PM
that makes no sense, if it dont count then why does it matter so much

If you fall below the minimum score it matters a ton. Anything above a passing score is gravy and not recorded anywhere except your FIT file.

raustin0017
07-03-2013, 09:00 PM
you and CMSAF Cody have something in common.

"Chief Cody entered the Air Force in November 1984"
"1995 STEP promotion to Master Sergeant"
"7. June 1994 - June 1996, Superintendent, Airfield Operations Training, 39th OSS, Incirlik AB, Turkey"

break break

That's STEP promoted to MSgt in 11 years, back in '95
when the average I think was 18 years to make it.

Can someone tell me the avg time to get promoted to E-7 in 1995 was,
I have done many STEP packages and always had to show they had tested
XX times and were within XX of the avg time people took to get E-7.

STEP is a Wg/CC program with guideline from above. I witness a TSgt who arrived to the Promotion Testing office the morning he was testing for MSgt (1st time) get pulled out of the room and presented his MSgt stripe in front of those awaiting to test. Always wondered if any of those guys/gals made it that year?

Vrake
07-03-2013, 09:01 PM
That's ok punkin...

Next time rip your shirt off and flex at the test. Maybe it will fill itself out.

raustin0017
07-03-2013, 09:24 PM
100% agree with you!

Juggs
07-04-2013, 12:37 AM
Maybe you suffer from lessdickseeah? I mean Dyslexia and scored an 81 on the test. Anyway...as a SSgt you should understand the EPS & WAPS a little bit...right? Ever if you scored a 1000 on the FIT it would not reflect on your WAPS scoring.

You got hooked. Hook line and sinker.

CrustySMSgt
07-04-2013, 05:11 AM
Always fun when PTG takes a break and when he comes back and gets the n00bs all riled up!

Guessing you're probably not a real n00b

PTG, I was gonna ask if your absence was due to an inpatient English clinic sabbatical ; thanks for clearing it up with the Firefox explanation!

CJSmith
07-04-2013, 05:13 AM

That's why lurking a forum before jumping in is important.