PDA

View Full Version : Does President Obama have the will...

Banned
06-25-2013, 04:24 PM
How many people does Obama need to bomb before conservatives will stop accusing him of not being aggressive enough?

Banned
06-25-2013, 04:37 PM
How many people does Obama need to bomb before conservatives will stop accusing him of not being aggressive enough?

Pullinteeth
06-25-2013, 04:41 PM

Never fear, "Progressives" say he isn't aggressive enough either...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/21/politics/netroots-obama/index.html?hpt=hp_bn3

Banned
06-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Never fear, "Progressives" say he isn't aggressive enough either...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/21/politics/netroots-obama/index.html?hpt=hp_bn3

Of course Progressives are unhappy. There's a conservative in the white house.

TJMAC77SP
06-25-2013, 05:19 PM
And conservatives are unhappy because there is a liberal in the White House... Like with Bush...liberals were unhappy because there was a conservative in the White House and conservatives were unhappy because there was a liberal in the White House....

Funny how that works isn't it?

In fairness to Joe though I did laugh today when I read a comment to an article about the NSA surveillance scandal which castigated Obama for the trampling of our rights when I am pretty certain the commenter would have defended Bush for the same thing (and probably did with relation to the financial records monitoring scandal in the wake of 9/11)

Pullinteeth
06-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Of course Progressives are unhappy. There's a conservative in the white house.

And conservatives are unhappy because there is a liberal in the White House... Like with Bush...liberals were unhappy because there was a conservative in the White House and conservatives were unhappy because there was a liberal in the White House....

TJMAC77SP
06-25-2013, 05:33 PM

Funny how that works isn't it?

In fairness to Joe though I did laugh today when I read a comment to an article about the NSA surveillance scandal which castigated Obama for the trampling of our rights when I am pretty certain the commenter would have defended Bush for the same thing (and probably did with relation to the financial records monitoring scandal in the wake of 9/11)

Pullinteeth
06-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Does our nuclear deterrent still work?
Who would attack if we did away with our missiles?
Countries don't seem to be undeterred in their quest for nuclear weapons.

I think you meant to say that countries don't seem to be deterred from their quest for nukes... Interesting point though. Might there be a better way to keep people from attacking us? Like possibly staying the hell out of their business? The Constitution does say we should provide for the common defense, it doesn't say anything about stationing thousands of U.S. servicemembers overseas to "protect" other countries or deter attacks on our allies... How exactly would you feel if the Germans decided to establish bases in the United States? How about Kuwait? I'm not saying isolationism, I am just saying that maybe, just maybe, we should keep our military at home and that might help reduce our number of enemies...
Hell, truth be told, I think our economic policies in regard to other countries is asinie as well. Why do we have an embargo against Cuba, Iran, and N. Lorea? Are the REALLY worse than the Chinese? Pakistanis? Why do we care so much? Wouldn't it be more effective to flood them with cool U.S. products? Look at the middle east, the change was brought about in no small part by young people that had access to all the cool technology...
:soapbox:

Pullinteeth
06-25-2013, 06:35 PM
I am guessing all countries where we are were not forced by gunpoint to have us thereAnd they have a financial benefit from us along with being able to use their
Monies to better their countries and not require a large percentage of their
Budget for defense, because having us there achieves that aspect.

So we should put full faith in the UN and NATO, with Russia and China
Having veto power?

Iraq? Afganistan? Seem to recall some sort of gunplay that resulted in our bases in Japan and Germany.... There was a scuffle that landed us on the Korean Penninsula as well... Aren't many overseas bases that we are at just because we though it would make a great vacation spot.... So we should maintain bases overseas so other countries don't have to foot the bill for their own defense?

Who cares? If we defend out turf and leave everyone else alone, who gives a shit if Iraq and Iran have a kerfuffle? Who really cares if S. Korea kicks the shit out of N. Korea?

SomeRandomGuy
06-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Does our nuclear deterrent still work?
Who would attack if we did away with our missiles?
Countries don't seem to be undeterred in their quest for nuclear weapons.

Does it really matter what cool toys we have? Imagine for a minute we missile that could be launched from the U.S and destroy anyone in the world in seconds. Do you really think that would deter the kind of enemy we are fighting? The U.S. was exposed in the Vietnam and Korean wars. All of our enemies know that we can be beaten with guerilla tactics. The U.S. does not have the political will to launch weapons of mass destruction. That means our enemies just engage us in conflicts taht drag on for 10 years then we simply leave them alone.

Calmo70
06-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Does it really matter what cool toys we have? Imagine for a minute we missile that could be launched from the U.S and destroy anyone in the world in seconds. Do you really think that would deter the kind of enemy we are fighting? The U.S. was exposed in the Vietnam and Korean wars. All of our enemies know that we can be beaten with guerilla tactics. The U.S. does not have the political will to launch weapons of mass destruction. That means our enemies just engage us in conflicts taht drag on for 10 years then we simply leave them alone.

To a great extent you're right about the guerrila warfare - but to a greater extent it was the war being straight in the public eye. We weren't going to fire bomb cities anymore and of course we weren't going to use nukes - we had to limit collateral damage (read civilians). We didn't worry about that in WWII - that's why we had decisive victory - overwhelming force. Since Korea thru Afghanistan we try to piecemeal warfare while trying nation building at the same type. Our enemies know we won't use overwhelming force - so they just wait us out.

Pullinteeth
06-25-2013, 06:56 PM
We are becoming the Rodney Dangerfield of the world...

Putin, speaking at a press conference in Finland, also said he hopes the Snowden case will not affect relations with the United States. He then dismissed U.S. accusations against Russia over the Snowden case as “rubbish,” and added that Russian security agencies "didn't work and aren't working" with Snowden.

Commenting on a U.S. request to extradite him, Putin said that Russia doesn't have an extradition agreement with the U.S. and thus wouldn't meet the U.S. request.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry afterward acknowledged there is no extradition treaty with Russia, but said there are standards of behavior between nations. He said Russia should not side with an international fugitive.

What makes him an international fugitive? Who else wants him besides us?

Pullinteeth
06-25-2013, 06:56 PM

Putin, speaking at a press conference in Finland, also said he hopes the Snowden case will not affect relations with the United States. He then dismissed U.S. accusations against Russia over the Snowden case as “rubbish,” and added that Russian security agencies "didn't work and aren't working" with Snowden.

Commenting on a U.S. request to extradite him, Putin said that Russia doesn't have an extradition agreement with the U.S. and thus wouldn't meet the U.S. request.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry afterward acknowledged there is no extradition treaty with Russia, but said there are standards of behavior between nations. He said Russia should not side with an international fugitive.

CYBERFX1024
06-25-2013, 07:04 PM

Basically the administration is making our country look like weak bi*ches and the whole world knows it. Everything that Obama is doing overseas and some here at home just makes us look weak and incompetent.
The speech he put out today about cutting our Carbon emissions is one of them. When he talks about jobs on one hand then a few days later he goes after carbon emissions. Does he really think that the "world will follow our lead on carbon emissions?" All the while there is China, India, and Russia looking to over take us economically. Do you think that they will follow our lead? Hell no they won't, they are concerned about creating jobs and boosting there economy. All the while we are have more oil and natural gas than we could ever need. But we can't touch most of it, or if we do touch it we can't build a pipeline for it.

Basically he tried to put the Cap and Trade bill through Congress a few years ago and it failed. So now he is just doing it by Executive Action, which is what Obama is known for. He can't get anything done the right way. So he does it by executive order and basically being a dictator. Mark my words. By 2016 he will have declared Martial Law and we will not be a Republic anymore.

TSgt"M"
06-25-2013, 07:15 PM
. Mark my words. By 2016 he will have declared Martial Law and we will not be a Republic anymore.

Damn, I hope your wrong, but I'm not sure we are a Republic anymore right now.

RobotChicken
06-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Yes, I am not sure of a country who fears us at the moment...

"Only one I can think of is it's own people witnessing what we are becoming before our own eyes."

RobotChicken
06-25-2013, 07:34 PM

"His mom, dad and girl friend??"

CYBERFX1024
06-25-2013, 07:44 PM

No one does that's the point. At least with Bush if he said something then you took that as his word. He did what he said and said what he meant.
Case in point the "Syrian Red Line." Pres. Obama stated that if Syria crossed the "Red Line" of using chemical weapons then there will be consequences. Well what happened: They have used chemical weapons and it has been verified by several different countries. Now we are doing nothing. Which makes us look WEAK..... He should have said nothing.

I understand we might not be a Republic anymore but we will be a dictatorship by 2016. I will bet someone my entire paycheck on that.

Banned
06-25-2013, 07:49 PM

Aside from the DADT repeal, name one major Obama policy any different than from the Bush years. Obama is a typical right wing imperialist. Not even remotely leftist or progressive by any means.

Greg
06-25-2013, 07:54 PM

Fears? I do not want America to be feared, I want America to be respected. And this starts with the American voter, or lack of the intelligent,eligible, American voter. Until the majority of those that are qualified to participate, and become involved in the process, the pompous, self-entitled, pieces of shit wind bags will keep conducting business as usual.

Greg
06-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Anybody can be feared. All it takes is a big bang stick, till the next guy gets a bigger bang stick.

Respect is earned. Respect takes hard work, patience, tolerance, good character, decorum, discipline, and determination.

And yes, respect does carry a big stick, but uses it judiciously.

grimreaper
06-25-2013, 08:28 PM

Who are we bombing now?

The better question is why are we now attempting to arm the same type of people in Syria that we are fighting in Afghanistan?:noidea

Banned
06-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Who are we bombing now?

The question is who AREN'T we bombing?

The better question is why are we now attempting to arm the same type of people in Syra that we are fighting in Afghanistan?:noidea

Now THAT'S the question of the day!

Banned
06-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Who are we bombing now?

The question is who AREN'T we bombing?

The better question is why are we now attempting to arm the same type of people in Syra that we are fighting in Afghanistan?:noidea

Now THAT'S the question of the day!

RobotChicken
06-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Politics includes none of the above and the military resembles a political institution.

"Reminds me of a certain military from the old country years ago that isn't letting whats happening in America now happen again there."

CYBERFX1024
06-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Aside from the DADT repeal, name one major Obama policy any different than from the Bush years. Obama is a typical right wing imperialist. Not even remotely leftist or progressive by any means.

Wow....I believe you have misspoke there Joe. He is not right wing at all, he is far to the left. The only way you would think he was right wing is if you are dead to the left.

What constitutes him being rignt wing? Please state actual examples.

CYBERFX1024
06-25-2013, 08:54 PM
Actually, I believe we decided to strike first and strike hard with overwhelming support by providing small arms to rebels :-)
I believe we are providing a supply of blue AF basic training rubber M16s.
They don't shoot but they look cool as hell.
:shoot: :poke:

We have sent a arms shipment now. But what happened to the other consequences that he said would happen? Basically what Obama has done is played a game of Chicken and lost.

CYBERFX1024
06-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Anybody can be feared. All it takes is a big bang stick, till the next guy gets a bigger bang stick.
Respect is earned. Respect takes hard work, patience, tolerance, good character, decorum, discipline, and determination.
And yes, respect does carry a big stick, but uses it judiciously.

But having respect also comes with the knowledge of if you slip up you will be punished. It's like how kids are: You respect your parents with the knowledge that if you mess up they will bu&t your A$$. If you mess up and there is no punishment at all then you start to lose respect for your parents and there threats hold no meaning.

CYBERFX1024
06-25-2013, 09:15 PM

This is what baffles me as well. If you actually look at the news coming from the region then you would know that soldiers and the rebels are just as equally bad. You have soldiers killing and raping civilians on a daily basis. Then you have the rebels doing the same damn thing, but literally eating the soldiers hearts out to. Al-Nusra (Al-Qaeda) are the only ones in Syria making any advances and they are holding there own. So it's like a damned if you do and damned if you don't.

grimreaper
06-25-2013, 11:42 PM
This is what baffles me as well. If you actually look at the news coming from the region then you would know that soldiers and the rebels are just as equally bad. You have soldiers killing and raping civilians on a daily basis. Then you have the rebels doing the same damn thing, but literally eating the soldiers hearts out to. Al-Nusra (Al-Qaeda) are the only ones in Syria making any advances and they are holding there own. So it's like a damned if you do and damned if you don't.

We'll just never learn, will we? We help these extremists take over Libya and how do they repay us? They storm our outpost and kill the Ambassador and other Americans.

I think I've come to the conclusion that having, for the most part, a secular Dictator like Assad and Gaddafi are the only way to keep these extremists at bay.

It's sad it has to be that way because those guys killed thousands upon thousands themselves, but we have seen and will continue to see who takes over after they are gone.

RobotChicken
06-25-2013, 11:50 PM
"Sometimes the 'cure' is worse then the 'disease' with these leaders!"

grimreaper
06-25-2013, 11:53 PM
Actually, benghazi is still under investigation
So they can't discuss it until Nov 2016.

True, true.

wxjumper
06-25-2013, 11:58 PM
Obama is so scared of Putin it is not even funny.

Banned
06-26-2013, 02:41 AM
Wow....I believe you have misspoke there Joe. He is not right wing at all, he is far to the left. The only way you would think he was right wing is if you are dead to the left.

What constitutes him being rignt wing? Please state actual examples.

1) ObamaCare. Republicans have been screaming for a voucher system for years. Furthermore, it increases profit for the healthcare providers.
2) Wars. Republicans love wars. Christians love killing Muslims. Obama does both.
3) Increased the size of the security state.
4) Supports Israel, even as they openly practice apartheid and commit war crimes.

Need I continue?

RobotChicken
06-26-2013, 03:46 AM
http://global3.memecdn.com/Putin-Vs-Obama_o_90993.jpg

"This is the 'Best' Chicago can produce."

TJMAC77SP
06-26-2013, 10:40 AM
1) ObamaCare. Republicans have been screaming for a voucher system for years. Furthermore, it increases profit for the healthcare providers.
2) Wars. Republicans love wars. Christians love killing Muslims. Obama does both.
4) Supports Israel, even as they openly practice apartheid and commit war crimes.

Need I continue?

Sometimes for brief seconds I think it would be blissful to live in your simplistic, sound-bite driven reality. Seriously, I do.

Banned
06-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Sometimes for brief seconds I think it would be blissful to live in your simplistic, sound-bite driven reality. Seriously, I do.

This is the tactic you generally engage in when you have no meaningful response. Obama is virtually identical to George Bush. Yet Conservatives still scream that he's "extreme left wing".

I know you'll never actually be able to cite any real examples of how exactly Obama is left wing. Fact is, Obama would be considered right wing in virtually any other part of the developed world. We just happen to have a unique blend of class warfare and Christian extremism for a large portion of the population to believe he's "left wing."

wildman
06-26-2013, 05:34 PM

Yet again Joe shows just how ignorant he is. I venture to guess he has probably never left the United States and now he is a expert on foreign affairs. Keep them coming Joe and prove by your words what smarts you obviously do not possess.

Always,
Wildman

TJMAC77SP
06-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Please do not call Joe names in this thread.
Thank you

Did I miss a name Joe was called?

TJMAC77SP
06-26-2013, 06:18 PM
This is the tactic you generally engage in when you have no meaningful response. Obama is virtually identical to George Bush. Yet Conservatives still scream that he's "extreme left wing".

I know you'll never actually be able to cite any real examples of how exactly Obama is left wing. Fact is, Obama would be considered right wing in virtually any other part of the developed world. We just happen to have a unique blend of class warfare and Christian extremism for a large portion of the population to believe he's "left wing."

Actually this is the 'tactic' I engage in when you vomit sound-bites from some extremist web-site, blog, etc. you read about how we the US is truly the Great Satan and the rest of the world are at heart peace-loving hippies who just want to get along with the US and bear us no ill-will (except of course as a reaction to our blatant ‘imperialism’ and the ‘hundreds of thousands of people we slaughter for no good reason’.)
I actually have never said he is left-wing but I do believe he is a liberal.

Just to play your game………………………….

His stance on the Cambridge cop confronting Gates (can't see Bush doing that).

His reversal on same-sex marriage (Would Bush do that?)

His using the shootings in CT to foster gun control laws (to include citing that a ban on assault weapons would "keep our children safer"). (Bush would not do that).

BTW: I was indeed serious.......sometimes I REALLY do wish my thought process was as simplistic as yours appears to be.

TJMAC77SP
06-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Thank you

Did I miss a name Joe was called?

Stalwart
06-26-2013, 06:29 PM

In reality, it doesn't matter since there is a D behind his name there is a selection of politicians and America who won't like whatever he does – likewise there is a selection of people who will never admit that he has had shortcomings in his administration because of that letter as well.

For me it is not a matter of how many bombs need to be dropped, but are we dropping them on the right places to be considered 'aggressive' and efficient? We may be fighting the wrong part of the monster and are substituting the quality of our efforts for the quantity and duration of the effort.

Pullinteeth
06-26-2013, 06:51 PM

Need I continue?

Show me where Repulicans have been screaming for government healthcare.... I know they wanted vouchers when it came to schools but healthcare? That's a new one on me. Last person that I knew of that was screaming for socialized medicine was First Lady Clinton-or do you think she was a Republican too?
Wars? I think you need to check your facts (I know how you HATE facts but...), 3rd Marine division sent to "defend" Thailand from Commies in 1962? John F. Kennedy (D). Vietnam (1964)? Lyndon Johnson (D). Invasion of the Dominican Republic in 1965? Lyndon Johnson (D). Bombing campaign against Laos and Cambodia in 1968? Lyndon Johnson (D). Shooting down Bosnian aircraft in 1994? William Clinton (D). Invasion of Haiti? William Clinton (D). Bombing Bosnia in 1995? William Clinton (D). Bombing Iraq in 1998? William Clinton (D). Cruise missile attack on Afghanistan? William Clinton (D). Cruise missle attack on the Sudan? William Clinton (D). The 1999 bombing of Serbia? William Clinton (D). Boming Lybia in 2011? Barack Obama (D). Drone strikes on Somalia? Barack Obama (D). Hardly seems like Democrats have the peaceful reputation you seem to infer they do....
I seem to recall that LBJ (a Democrat) openly supported Israel during the 6-day war...he even accepted Israel's attack on the USS Liberty. Clinton (I am pretty sure he was a Democrat too-probably still is) offered Israel $350 million in aid....

So yeah, if you would, go on.... As you may note, I only included since the '60s when democrats all apparently became republicans and republicans all became democrats (FDR was quite the conservative!!).

TJMAC77SP
06-26-2013, 07:00 PM
He was called ignorant.

Well, that is more of a characterization but if you think it's a name.........ok.

Banned
06-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Show me where Repulicans have been screaming for government healthcare.... I know they wanted vouchers when it came to schools but healthcare? That's a new one on me. Last person that I knew of that was screaming for socialized medicine was First Lady Clinton-or do you think she was a Republican too?

The fact that you're ignorant enough to think obamacare is "government healthcare" shows there's no point in even discussing it with you.

Wars? I think you need to check your facts (I know how you HATE facts but...), 3rd Marine division sent to "defend" Thailand from Commies in 1962? John F. Kennedy (D). Vietnam (1964)? Lyndon Johnson (D). Invasion of the Dominican Republic in 1965? Lyndon Johnson (D). Bombing campaign against Laos and Cambodia in 1968? Lyndon Johnson (D). Shooting down Bosnian aircraft in 1994? William Clinton (D). Invasion of Haiti? William Clinton (D). Bombing Bosnia in 1995? William Clinton (D). Bombing Iraq in 1998? William Clinton (D). Cruise missile attack on Afghanistan? William Clinton (D). Cruise missle attack on the Sudan? William Clinton (D). The 1999 bombing of Serbia? William Clinton (D). Boming Lybia in 2011? Barack Obama (D). Drone strikes on Somalia? Barack Obama (D). Hardly seems like Democrats have the peaceful reputation you seem to infer they do....

Yes, these were democrats. Not leftists.

Republicans = extreme right wing Christian Party

Democrats = slightly less right wing, slightly less Christian party

I seem to recall that LBJ (a Democrat) openly supported Israel during the 6-day war...he even accepted Israel's attack on the USS Liberty. Clinton (I am pretty sure he was a Democrat too-probably still is) offered Israel $350 million in aid....

Supporting Israel in the early years - when there was still hope they would still grow up to be a reasonable society - as opposed to now, when they've proven themselves to be nothing more than the new Nazi regime.

So yeah, if you would, go on.... As you may note, I only included since the '60s when democrats all apparently became republicans and republicans all became democrats (FDR was quite the conservative!!).

I love how uncomfortable conservatives are with their heritage. Embrace it bro!

Actually this is the 'tactic' I engage in when you vomit sound-bites from some extremist web-site, blog, etc. you read about how we the US is truly the Great Satan and the rest of the world are at heart peace-loving hippies who just want to get along with the US and bear us no ill-will (except of course as a reaction to our blatant ‘imperialism’ and the ‘hundreds of thousands of people we slaughter for no good reason’.)
I actually have never said he is left-wing but I do believe he is a liberal.

Just to play your game………………………….

His stance on the Cambridge cop confronting Gates (can't see Bush doing that).

Any reasonable thinking person - right or left - would call the idiot cop who arrested Gates "stupid". Obama's stance on the case was pretty normal - it is VERY revealing of you that you think that this was anything noteworthy.

His reversal on same-sex marriage (Would Bush do that?)

The same reason Mitt Romney did... to get votes. If Bush was running for 2012, or 2016 - I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same thing.

His using the shootings in CT to foster gun control laws (to include citing that a ban on assault weapons would "keep our children safer"). (Bush would not do that).

In response to overwhelming public outcry for common sense gun control. How is this "left wing"?

So in your eyes - is everything that isn't mindlessly racist or stupid "left wing" now? I see.

BTW: I was indeed serious.......sometimes I REALLY do wish my thought process was as simplistic as yours appears to be.

You get more hilarious every day. So in your viewpoint, Obama is an "extreme leftist" because he called out an ignorant racist cop, and tried to make it harder for psychopaths to gun down dozens of children? Evil leftist! Every god-fearing red blooded Christian loves cops abusing blacks, and shooting kids.

wxjumper
06-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Ahhh, the classic liberal response: "We are actually pretty moderate, just left of center. It is the Republicans that are extreme Right."

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Pullinteeth
06-26-2013, 07:16 PM
So in your eyes - is everything that isn't mindlessly racist or stupid "left wing" now? I see.

Absolutely not. There are a LOT of "leftists" that are blindly racist AND stupid.

Anyone calling, characterizing, inferring, hinting, etc
That someone is ignorant is inherently negatively
Attacking them instead of debating them.
Note, I also support defending ones self
Once verbally attacked and demeaned.

You are pretty ignorant if that is what you think. Ignorance is just lack of knowledge. It in not inherently bad or good...it is a void. Stupidity is bad-willful stupidity is worse....

Banned
06-26-2013, 07:19 PM
Absolutely not. There are a LOT of "leftists" that are blindly racist AND stupid.

I'm just wondering why Obama attempting to make military weapons slightly more difficult to acquire, and calling a racist cop "stupid" makes himi a leftist.

Banned
06-26-2013, 07:27 PM

I'm not offended... I've tossed around the "ignorant" label quite a few times myself. You can stand down. :)

Banned
06-26-2013, 07:33 PM

I'm just wondering why Obama attempting to make military weapons slightly more difficult to acquire, and calling a racist cop "stupid" makes him a leftist.

TJMAC77SP
06-26-2013, 07:45 PM

Not that I enjoy defending Wildman but he merely characterized Joe as ignorant and further stated why he thought so. That isn't, in my opinion, name calling.

As to 'defending ones (sic) self', exactly what in your opinon would be acceptable in doing so?

TJMAC77SP
06-26-2013, 07:45 PM

Not that I enjoy defending Wildman but he merely characterized Joe as ignorant and further stated why he thought so. That isn't, in my opinion, name calling.

As to 'defending ones (sic) self', exactly what in your opinon would be acceptable in doing so?

TJMAC77SP
06-26-2013, 07:53 PM
The fact that you're ignorant enough to think obamacare is "government healthcare" shows there's no point in even discussing it with you.

Yes, these were democrats. Not leftists.

Republicans = extreme right wing Christian Party

Democrats = slightly less right wing, slightly less Christian party

Supporting Israel in the early years - when there was still hope they would still grow up to be a reasonable society - as opposed to now, when they've proven themselves to be nothing more than the new Nazi regime.

I love how uncomfortable conservatives are with their heritage. Embrace it bro!

Any reasonable thinking person - right or left - would call the idiot cop who arrested Gates "stupid". Obama's stance on the case was pretty normal - it is VERY revealing of you that you think that this was anything noteworthy.

The same reason Mitt Romney did... to get votes. If Bush was running for 2012, or 2016 - I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same thing.

In response to overwhelming public outcry for common sense gun control. How is this "left wing"?

You get more hilarious every day. So in your viewpoint, Obama is an "extreme leftist" because he called out an ignorant racist cop, and tried to make it harder for psychopaths to gun down dozens of children? Evil leftist! Every god-fearing red blooded Christian loves cops abusing blacks, and shooting kids.

Actually I think that both Gates' and Obama's reaction were clearly ignorant and that Gates’ reaction was based on race bias and am saddened that neither has admitted it. The fact that you characterize the cop as an idiot when his actions were exactly by the book during the entire incident and yet defend a man who stood on the porch in full view of the public, grabbed his crotch and shouted some epitaph regarding “I have your (whatever) here”. Yeah, the cop is the idiot in this situation.

My examples of Obama’s actions were meant to illustrate the difference between Obama and Bush since you stated “Obama is virtually identical to George Bush”. I find glaring differences between the two. I do believe Obama is a liberal although have never characterized this as ‘extreme left wing’. In fact I have stated in the past I believe his liberalism has been blunted by the realities of the world we actually live in and deal with. I firmly believe Bush would not change his stance on same-sex marriage (and I believe you don’t think he would either) and I my comment had nothing to do with “common sense gun control”. It was the blatant falsehood that a ban on assault weapons would keep another incident like Newtown from happening. Read MY words and not what YOU think I said.

Finally……….can you tell me how this statement……..

“BTW: I was indeed serious.......sometimes I REALLY do wish my thought process was as simplistic as yours appears to be.”

…………….brought you to this conclusion………..

“You get more hilarious every day. So in your viewpoint, Obama is an "extreme leftist" because he called out an ignorant racist cop, and tried to make it harder for psychopaths to gun down dozens of children? Evil leftist! Every god-fearing red blooded Christian loves cops abusing blacks, and shooting kids.”?

Better yet, please show me where I called Obama an ‘extreme leftist’. Add to that any proof whatsoever that the Cambridge cop is a racist (unless him being white is enough for you to label him so). Please tell us how he abused anyone. Unless making a legitimate arrest is abuse in your book. Also, please explain how Christians fit into this discussion (other than your ever-present rantings against Christianity).

wildman
06-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Thank you

Not necessarily calling him a name, just stating a opinion.

Always,
Wildman

Banned
06-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Actually I think that both Gates' and Obama's reaction were clearly ignorant and that Gates’ reaction was based on race bias and am saddened that neither has admitted it. The fact that you characterize the cop as an idiot when his actions were exactly by the book during the entire incident and yet defend a man who stood on the porch in full view of the public, grabbed his crotch and shouted some epitaph regarding “I have your (whatever) here”. Yeah, the cop is the idiot in this situation.

My examples of Obama’s actions were meant to illustrate the difference between Obama and Bush since you stated “Obama is virtually identical to George Bush”. I find glaring differences between the two. I do believe Obama is a liberal although have never characterized this as ‘extreme left wing’. In fact I have stated in the past I believe his liberalism has been blunted by the realities of the world we actually live in and deal with. I firmly believe Bush would not change his stance on same-sex marriage (and I believe you don’t think he would either) and I my comment had nothing to do with “common sense gun control”. It was the blatant falsehood that a ban on assault weapons would keep another incident like Newtown from happening. Read MY words and not what YOU think I said.

Finally……….can you tell me how this statement……..

“BTW: I was indeed serious.......sometimes I REALLY do wish my thought process was as simplistic as yours appears to be.”

…………….brought you to this conclusion………..

“You get more hilarious every day. So in your viewpoint, Obama is an "extreme leftist" because he called out an ignorant racist cop, and tried to make it harder for psychopaths to gun down dozens of children? Evil leftist! Every god-fearing red blooded Christian loves cops abusing blacks, and shooting kids.”?

Better yet, please show me where I called Obama an ‘extreme leftist’. Add to that any proof whatsoever that the Cambridge cop is a racist (unless him being white is enough for you to label him so). Please tell us how he abused anyone. Unless making a legitimate arrest is abuse in your book. Also, please explain how Christians fit into this discussion (other than your ever-present rantings against Christianity).

Yeah... "by the book" - arrest the black guy. The school shooter could have killed all those people with a pocket knife know doubt. Because PEOPLE kill PEOPLE, ease of access to military-grade weaponry has nothing to do with it. Got it.

grimreaper
06-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Yeah... "by the book" - arrest the black guy. The school shooter could have killed all those people with a pocket knife know doubt. Because PEOPLE kill PEOPLE, ease of access to military-grade weaponry has nothing to do with it. Got it.

Ah, and here we are again trying to demonize the mean looking AR-15 and continue to spread the gun grabber's lie by calling it a "military grade" weapon. Funny, everytime I've gone to qualify on an M-16 or the M-4, I've never once confused them with an AR-15.

Additionally, considering rifles of ANY kind only make up 3% of gun murders, this "outrage" is completely misplaced. Handguns, by far, are the weapon of choice in gun violence, yet for some reason, the gun grabbers are going after "assault" rifles. Why is that?

The answer is because the gun grabbers know that trying to ban handguns would never fly and such a ban has already been struck down by the courts.

It's one thing to have a reasoned debate about common sense gun control laws, but when your dealing with people who don't even know what the hell they are talking about, either due to ignorance or out of outright lying, it makes having that conversation impossible.

wildman
06-27-2013, 01:57 AM
As the OP of this thread, I deem you saying (calling) him ignorant as negative.
Pretty please refrain from such activity. Thank you very much.

Okay so how would you have me state it? What is OP?

Always,
Wildman

wildman
06-27-2013, 02:06 AM
OP, original poster aka thread creator.
Easy, don't call names, just present your ideas and counters theirs.
V/r
GF

Hum why is post # 1 Joe's? Don't know what to call it when a person obviously does not have a clue as to what they are talking about except ignorant.

Always,
Wildman

wildman
06-27-2013, 02:20 AM
I created thread, forum is fudged, mixing post order.
Do you feel compelled to call names?
nothing like politely kicking aSs in an arguement,
Drives people crazy presenting facts and organized opionions.

No but I don't always want to have to post some article taken from Google, Yahoo or Bing. Somewhere along the line a wee bit of common sense would be appreciated. Oh well we are indeed way off topic so lets get back to it without the obvious Obama bashing. My thoughts about Joe are by now well known I would think.

Always,
Wildman

TJMAC77SP
06-27-2013, 10:40 AM
OP, original poster aka thread creator.
Easy, don't call names, just present your ideas and counters theirs.
V/r
GF

If I think an idea as stated is ignorant (lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned…..lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact…..uninformed; unaware……due to or showing lack of knowledge or training) how do I say that?

TJMAC77SP
06-27-2013, 10:51 AM

Arrest the guy who refuses to identify himself and acts in an aggressive manner......yep.

The only thing 'military' about the Bushmaster is it is modeled on the M-16 and it carries a large capacity magazine. How about if he used a Browning BAR ShortTrac .308? If Lanza had carried two S&W M&P .40 pistols would we be calling for a ban on pistols?

Common sense gun control? Absolutely. Ban on assuault weapons will "keep our children safer" or "prevent another Newtown shooting"? Bullshit !! A full six months after the shooting the real root cause of the Newtown shooting was addressed. A summit on mental health care was held by the White House. Results? I don't know, do you? It seems to have been a nothing event.

Want to really prevent Newtown style shootings? Ban all private ownership of guns. That is the only TRUE way to do it.

Want another method to help in identifying other Lanzas? Mandatory reporting by mental health professionals and family members.

Think either will happen? If not then get real and deal with facts. Write the hyperbole on signs and go picket somewhere.

TJMAC77SP
06-27-2013, 10:54 AM
nothing like politely kicking aSs in an arguement,
Drives people crazy presenting facts and organized opionions.

I would agree with this.

imported_Sgt HULK
06-27-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm convinced if this administration were in office during the 40's we would all be speaking German, or Japanese. We have become a shell. Now there are reports that Al Quaeda has changed their methods of Comm because of this d-bag that needs to be hung in public square and made an example of

TJMAC77SP
06-27-2013, 03:41 PM
refer to post #82.

So, If I point out that something someone posts is ignorant that is name-calling but if I say....

That is birdbrained

That is cretinous

That is dense

That is illiterate

That is insensible

That is mindless

That is naïve (I actually use that one myself)

That is shallow

That is thick

That is uneducated

That is unintellectual………………………

That is NOT name-calling?

TJMAC77SP
06-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Never said that. But I am not the average fish to be baited.

But you did say that. I asked what an alternative to saying someone was ignorant was and you referred me to the post where you offered those words. I hooked no one. It was self-achieved.

Rusty Jones
06-27-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm convinced if this administration were in office during the 40's we would all be speaking German, or Japanese. We have become a shell. Now there are reports that Al Quaeda has changed their methods of Comm because of this d-bag that needs to be hung in public square and made an example of

I'm convinced that if the majority of Americans back then thought like the majority of MTF; FDR wouldn't have even gotten elected in the first place.

TJMAC77SP
06-27-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm convinced that if the majority of Americans back then thought like the majority of MTF; FDR wouldn't have even gotten elected in the first place.

Why do you say that? What is the comparison?

Banned
06-27-2013, 05:13 PM

Heck - we probably would have sent troops to help the "German freedom fighters".

wildman
06-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Heck - we probably would have sent troops to help the "German freedom fighters".

Would you care to back this up with some historical facts or are you just jacking your jaws again Joe? Let's get back on topic also!

Always,
Wildman

Banned
06-28-2013, 12:16 AM
Would you care to back this up with some historical facts or are you just jacking your jaws again Joe? Let's get back on topic also!

Always,
Wildman

...that was a a satirical jab at some of the more ridiculous members here - I find it amusing that you were confused by this.

And quit acting like you're in charge. You're not. You've been here like two months. Get over yourself.

wildman
06-28-2013, 02:00 AM
...that was a a satirical jab at some of the more ridiculous members here - I find it amusing that you were confused by this.

And quit acting like you're in charge. You're not. You've been here like two months. Get over yourself.

Not confused at all Joe. Now could you get back on the topic of this thread! Oh by the way neither are you in charge.

Always,
Wildman

Banned
06-28-2013, 05:00 AM
I'm not confused at all Joe. Now could you get back on the topic of this thread? Oh and by the way, you are not in charge either.

Always,
Wildman

I fixed the errors for you. You're welcome.

4CECMC
06-28-2013, 01:53 PM
Readers - the question shouldn't be whether or not he has the "will", but if he has the leadership ability. Very important that when electing a political "leader" ones not swayed by broken promises and welfare telephones/internet. A true leader should be chosen by the people based upon past leadership performance and certainly not because of the way he/she speaks, looks, and their ability to pay their taxes on time...

Pullinteeth
07-01-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm just wondering why Obama attempting to make military weapons slightly more difficult to acquire, and calling a racist cop "stupid" makes him a leftist.

Not sure what that has to do with my post....?