PDA

View Full Version : Man Flips Out Over Cheese on His Burger at Wendy's.

E4RUMOR
06-25-2013, 03:53 AM
Sometimes I think the real story is the underlining message behind the action, and not the action itself. This guy definitely comes across as prior military in words and body language, and while a little over the top, you have to admit there is substance in his tirade.

What do you think?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/video-man-freaks-cheese-burger-article-1.1375637?comment=true

Pullinteeth
06-25-2013, 05:17 PM
In my experience, Wendy's doesn't put much emphasis on getting the order right...ESP at a drive-thru... If you read the article, he also asked for bacon (they charge you extra for that) and onions and got neither...got friggin cheese product instead....

Banned
06-25-2013, 05:36 PM
In my experience, Wendy's doesn't put much emphasis on getting the order right...ESP at a drive-thru... If you read the article, he also asked for bacon (they charge you extra for that) and onions and got neither...got friggin cheese product instead....

I would expand this to include just about any fast food place. Minimum wage. Shit benefits. Little to no chance of advancement. Zero fucks given.

Banned
06-25-2013, 05:37 PM

I would expand this to include just about any fast food place. Minimum wage. Shit benefits. Little to no chance of advancement. Zero fucks given.

Greg
06-25-2013, 05:42 PM
I know this dude. Well, not really, but I know someone, who would act just as irrational.

But the question I would ask him is why has he returned if, twice before, there was a problem with his order.

Pullinteeth
06-25-2013, 05:45 PM

Gotta tell you, it isn't often that a pizza joint gets my order wrong and while I don't care for 'em, I don't recall Burger King ever screwing up my order but yeah...point taken.

Banned
06-25-2013, 06:15 PM
Gotta tell you, it isn't often that a pizza joint gets my order wrong and while I don't care for 'em, I don't recall Burger King ever screwing up my order but yeah...point taken.

I haven't had any bad experiences with pizza places... but the Burger King on base at Camp Lejeune habitually fucked up my order. Same with McDonalds.

If I had to venture a guess - I would say there's more checks and controls in place at a pizza place - more eyes on your order before it goes out the door. But then again I've never worked at such a place, nor know very much about how it works.

71Fish
06-25-2013, 06:31 PM

It's an entry level job, not many go into the fastfood industry for benefits, advancement or high pay. An entry level job that does provide full fucking benefits is at UPS. Only problem there is it's very hard work.

Back on the topic of service. We eat fast food about once per year, but the best customer service I've found is at Chick Fil A and In-n-Out Burger. I'm sure there are others that pretend to care as much, but those are the two I've experienced.

RobotChicken
06-25-2013, 08:48 PM
Sometimes I think the real story is the underlining message behind the action, and not the action itself. This guy definitely comes across as prior military in words and body language, and while a little over the top, you have to admit there is substance in his tirade.

What do you think?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/video-man-freaks-cheese-burger-article-1.1375637?comment=true

"Yea..the hair and shorts confirm it; pointing finger too! Sounds like a few folks I read around here sometimes!"

garhkal
06-25-2013, 10:24 PM

Strange, the only time i had issues at a wendy's was i got jalipino's on a spicy chicken burger a while back when i asked for none.. Other than that i have never had an issue with my orders there.

I haven't had any bad experiences with pizza places... but the Burger King on base at Camp Lejeune habitually fucked up my order. Same with McDonalds.

If I had to venture a guess - I would say there's more checks and controls in place at a pizza place - more eyes on your order before it goes out the door. But then again I've never worked at such a place, nor know very much about how it works.

Surprisingly, its only been a little casear's who have messed up a pizza order for me. Neither dominos or pizza hut have, and of the friends i have been at who ordered from papa johns, they have never mentioned their order got messed up.

As for on base places, the only 2 bases i have been on where i got an order dicked up was at the Del taco on San Digo base (wet side) and at the charlies at laken heath.

E4RUMOR
06-27-2013, 03:06 AM
In-N-Out Burgers. By far, the greasiest, delectible culinary work of art ever invented.

Greg
06-27-2013, 03:17 AM
In-N-Out Burgers. By far, the greasiest, delectible culinary work of art ever invented.

I understand they are very good. But then I'd refer to Troy Smith, when he was QB for the Buckeyes, and, reportedly, packed on a few lbs.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=270080194

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
06-27-2013, 04:44 PM

So Joe, what kind of salary and bennies should these HS educated (maybe) employees get? Also, please tell us how much you're willing to pay for those fries and shake to cover the costs of those 'hard earned' bennies.

Banned
06-27-2013, 06:24 PM
So Joe, what kind of salary and bennies should these HS educated (maybe) employees get? Also, please tell us how much you're willing to pay for those fries and shake to cover the costs of those 'hard earned' bennies.

They should make a living wage.

And yes, I would be willing to pay a somewhat higher price for fast food to make that happen. Because believe it or not - I'm not a selfish prick who worships money.

garhkal
06-27-2013, 08:33 PM
And what do you define as a living wage?

Rusty Jones
06-27-2013, 08:38 PM
And what do you define as a living wage?

If minimum wage kept up with inflation starting in the early 1960's, it would be $22 an hour right now.

Greg
06-27-2013, 09:10 PM
If minimum wage kept up with inflation starting in the early 1960's, it would be $22 an hour right now.

Imagine the prices of life's necessities, then.

71Fish
06-27-2013, 09:15 PM

There isn't enough real money in the economy to sustain that. If minimum wage was $22 an hour now, how much do you think an experienced professional would make? $75 and hour? Even our fiat money couldn't sustain that.

Rusty Jones
06-27-2013, 09:26 PM
There isn't enough real money in the economy to sustain that. If minimum wage was $22 an hour now, how much do you think an experienced professional would make? $75 and hour? Even our fiat money couldn't sustain that.

Adjusted for inflation, there was back then. So why not now?

CEOs now make 400 times that of the average worker, when they only used to make about 35 times that of the average worker back then. That's where all the payroll money is going. To the CEO and other top executives.

71Fish
06-27-2013, 09:34 PM

CEOs now make 400 times that of the average worker, when they only used to make about 35 times that of the average worker back then. That's where all the payroll money is going. To the CEO and other top executives.

The dollar doesn't go nearly as far as it did back then. Why do you think we have to keep printing more money? The value is no longer based on anything.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
06-27-2013, 11:01 PM
If I was a business owner and forced to triple the wages to meet Rusty's definition of a "living wage," then I'd be forced to exercise some options, like raising the cost of goods/services, lay off employees, reduce everyone to part-time, or go out of business because I can no longer compete.

As for paying more for my hamburger? Not going to happen!

Banned
06-28-2013, 01:01 AM
The dollar doesn't go nearly as far as it did back then. Why do you think we have to keep printing more money? The value is no longer based on anything.

What part of "adjusted for inflation" confused you????

If I was a business owner and forced to triple the wages to meet Rusty's definition of a "living wage," then I'd be forced to exercise some options, like raising the cost of goods/services, lay off employees, reduce everyone to part-time, or go out of business because I can no longer compete.

As for paying more for my hamburger? Not going to happen!

Higher wages mean more spending power and less debt. Which means more profit and, lower interest rates and higher wages for you yourself.

I understand that you don't give a shit about anyone except yourself - don't worry, you benefit too from these higher wages. :)

Juggs
06-28-2013, 12:45 PM

Higher wages mean more spending power and less debt. Which means more profit and, lower interest rates and higher wages for you yourself.

I understand that you don't give a shit about anyone except yourself - don't worry, you benefit too from these higher wages. :)

Ah yes the liberal response. You dont care about people.

Rusty Jones
06-28-2013, 01:34 PM
I was actually incorrect. $22 may have been a "living wage" or something like that, that I got from somewhere else. $10.70 is the actual wage of the 1968, adjusted for inflation. That's why there's a big push for an $11/hr minimum wage.

Uhh... what? The "people" need something, and conservatives mock them for having a "sense of entitlement." Liberals care about people. Conservatives are all about "Fuck you; I've got mine, get your own."

Juggs
06-28-2013, 01:57 PM
I was actually incorrect. $22 may have been a "living wage" or something like that, that I got from somewhere else. $10.70 is the actual wage of the 1968, adjusted for inflation. That's why there's a big push for an $11/hr minimum wage.

Uhh... what? The "people" need something, and conservatives mock them for having a "sense of entitlement." Liberals care about people. Conservatives are all about "Fuck you; I've got mine, get your own."

Hahaha eff you I got mine. Nice try. Im conservative leaning person and im ver compassionate towards people. We can throw stereo types around all day if you want, but it will get us now. Such as liberals preaching tolerance until you disagree with them, then youre an elitist asshat

Juggs
06-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Dude, what are you talking about? Stereotypes? Dude, liberals are compassionate and tolerant by definition. There's no requirement for one to be compassionate or tolerant to be considered conservative. Look at all these conservative knocking people for having a sense of entitlement. FLAPS is knocking minimum wage for earners for having a tip jar on the counter. USN-Retired accused all poor people of being lazy parasites who are on drugs. Those are just two examples; and this is conservative thinking. Not liberal thinking.

And if you think tolerating intolerance is hypocrisy, then your way of thinking is flawed.

Not tolerating intolerance. Its any subject. Also he didnt say all poor are parasites on drugs. Many are but not all. Flaps wasnt mocking them.

Emotionally hyoersensitive eh?

71Fish
06-28-2013, 02:06 PM
Dude, what are you talking about? Stereotypes? Dude, liberals are compassionate and tolerant by definition. There's no requirement for one to be compassionate or tolerant to be considered conservative. Look at all these conservative knocking people for having a sense of entitlement. FLAPS is knocking minimum wage for earners for having a tip jar on the counter. USN-Retired accused all poor people of being lazy parasites who are on drugs. Those are just two examples; and this is conservative thinking. Not liberal thinking.

And if you think tolerating intolerance is hypocrisy, then your way of thinking is flawed.

The true, original definition of liberal/conservative has to do with their views on the constitution, not compassion or lack of. Liberals feel the constitution is a living, breathing document. Conservatives believe the constitution is "as printed". What you are refering to is simple party line views of the other side.

Rusty Jones
06-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Hahaha eff you I got mine. Nice try. Im conservative leaning person and im ver compassionate towards people. We can throw stereo types around all day if you want, but it will get us now. Such as liberals preaching tolerance until you disagree with them, then youre an elitist asshat

Rusty Jones
06-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Not tolerating intolerance. Its any subject. Also he didnt say all poor are parasites on drugs. Many are but not all. Flaps wasnt mocking them.

So now you're in denial in order to make your point stick? Not gonna work.

Juggs
06-28-2013, 02:22 PM
So now you're in denial in order to make your point stick? Not gonna work.

Denial of what? Look at abortion, if somebody wants any regulations on abortion theyre hated by the liberals. Intolerance of a separate view is hypocrisy.

Now look at race. If I was intolerant of black for simply the color of their skin then I would deserve the harassment. A view point such as abortion or tipping doesnt.

Rusty Jones
06-28-2013, 02:23 PM
The true, original definition of liberal/conservative has to do with their views on the constitution, not compassion or lack of. Liberals feel the constitution is a living, breathing document. Conservatives believe the constitution is "as printed". What you are refering to is simple party line views of the other side.

Wrong. The constitution has only been around for little more than 200 years. The words "liberal" and "conservative" predate that by centuries.

Rusty Jones
06-28-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm refering to since the 18th century, which I'm sure you knew that, not the Greek or Roman origins of a word. I'm sure "it's not you, it's me" predates the constitution as well but George Castanza still takes credit for it.

Okay, so if we skip past the etymological history of the word, and go into when the words came into existence in their present form in the English language; "conservative" dates 1830, and "liberal" dates to 1820. And they both originated in the UK; and the both came to the US after the Democrat and Republican parties were established.

By the way, "liberal" and "conservative" are descriptors of one's views in general, not the Constitution. Unless you can show me dictionary definitions of these two words that say otherwise.

71Fish
06-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Wrong. The constitution has only been around for little more than 200 years. The words "liberal" and "conservative" predate that by centuries.

I'm refering to since the 18th century, which I'm sure you knew that, not the Greek or Roman origins of a word. I'm sure "it's not you, it's me" predates the constitution as well but George Castanza still takes credit for it.

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
06-28-2013, 02:50 PM

This post is absurd. There is absolutely no correlation between someone having higher wages and less debt. Regardless of income, people tend to want more. Look at celebrities filing for bankruptcy. Look at some of your peers, neighbors. Also, higher wages (to a point) can equate to higher employee retention, resulting in lower training/turnover costs, but this is usually in positions where people are more educated (includes trade skills) and have more options, not at the entry-level fast food type of positions. It's a fact, and plainly obvious that being forced to pay higher wages/benefits at the entry level will most likely result in the owner looking for ways to cover the additional costs (lay-offs, less hours, higher prices, LOSS of business, etc).

Now the good part, interest rates. I'm confused by your explanation, but interest rate fluctuations are used as part of monetary policy to either reduce spending or increase it. When rates go up it's an attempt to control inflation (too much money in circulation), thereby incentivizing people to reduce spending and put their money away (invest). When rates go down, it's an attempt to grow the economy. People pull money out of low return investments and borrow more money to buy cars, houses, businesses, etc. This is why interest rates are so low today. The problem, which is a whole other topic, is that lowering interest rates to grow the economy isn't working, so the gov is pouring money into the system via quantitative easing. This of course will lead to massive inflation, but the gov doesn't want you to catch on until it's too late. The other tool is fiscal policy (taxes), which is why Dems want to raise taxes on the rich, but preserve votes by promising less taxes on their primary voter base, lower income folk. This too, of course, will never be enough to pay the Growing bills, but again the gov expects you're too stupid to catch on...and I'm believing it by reading some of these posts.

Sorry FA, but I wanted to clear this up.

sandsjames
06-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Usually motivated people trying to make a living who work at fast food joints are smart enough to work 2 jobs. That's the smart ones though. They realize that flipping burgers isn't going to be a "living" wage.

Other than that, I agree with Joe about the guy in the OP (trying to stay on the original topic which was, not surprisingly, hijacked with a political response). What do you expect from a fast food joint.

Banned
06-29-2013, 12:41 AM

....what?

"Not tolerating intolerance"? Is that the best you come up with? If you try to oppress people, the rest of us are going to fight back against you. That's not "intolerance" - that's fighting oppression and intolerance.

This post is absurd. There is absolutely no correlation between someone having higher wages and less debt. Regardless of income, people tend to want more. Look at celebrities filing for bankruptcy. Look at some of your peers, neighbors. Also, higher wages (to a point) can equate to higher employee retention, resulting in lower training/turnover costs, but this is usually in positions where people are more educated (includes trade skills) and have more options, not at the entry-level fast food type of positions. It's a fact, and plainly obvious that being forced to pay higher wages/benefits at the entry level will most likely result in the owner looking for ways to cover the additional costs (lay-offs, less hours, higher prices, LOSS of business, etc).

Now the good part, interest rates. I'm confused by your explanation, but interest rate fluctuations are used as part of monetary policy to either reduce spending or increase it. When rates go up it's an attempt to control inflation (too much money in circulation), thereby incentivizing people to reduce spending and put their money away (invest). When rates go down, it's an attempt to grow the economy. People pull money out of low return investments and borrow more money to buy cars, houses, businesses, etc. This is why interest rates are so low today. The problem, which is a whole other topic, is that lowering interest rates to grow the economy isn't working, so the gov is pouring money into the system via quantitative easing. This of course will lead to massive inflation, but the gov doesn't want you to catch on until it's too late. The other tool is fiscal policy (taxes), which is why Dems want to raise taxes on the rich, but preserve votes by promising less taxes on their primary voter base, lower income folk. This too, of course, will never be enough to pay the Growing bills, but again the gov expects you're too stupid to catch on...and I'm believing it by reading some of these posts.

Sorry FA, but I wanted to clear this up.

I point out that wages affect the economy as a whole - not just yourself - and you respond by retreating further into your box. Higher wages means more spending power, which benefits everyone, directly or indirectly.

And like a robot, you keep repeating "entry level positions" - even though I already disproved this pages ago. These jobs are no longer filled by teenagers, teenagers and young adults are actually a tiny minority... the vast majority are older people who simply cannot find work elsewhere.

I don't blame you for having all these false beliefs - you have been misled by a system that wants you to hate those less fortunate than you, and overlook the real culprits of the current economic mess - the banks and the richest elites of the country.

Banned
06-29-2013, 01:12 AM
The vast majority of entry level positions are occupied by older people, ha-ha-ha. Wrong!

You're going to continue denying the truth right up to the bigger end, aren't you?

Greg
06-29-2013, 01:23 AM
And like a robot, you keep repeating "entry level positions" - even though I already disproved this pages ago. These jobs are no longer filled by teenagers, teenagers and young adults are actually a tiny minority... the vast majority are older people who simply cannot find work elsewhere.

The vast majority of entry level positions are occupied by older people, ha-ha-ha. Wrong!

Banned
06-29-2013, 01:27 AM

You're going to continue denying the truth right up to the bigger end, aren't you?

Greg
06-29-2013, 01:29 AM

My resume is loaded on a USB drive, and it's sitting within arm's length.

decktechonthe1047@hotmail.com

RobotChicken
06-29-2013, 02:21 AM
"Walmart; the new 'AirFarce!' "

garhkal
06-29-2013, 06:52 AM
Maps are clickable and give age numbers and male female split.
http://www.lexicalist.com/collections/fastfood.html

Note, I worked at McDonald's one day in high school and quit, got my $16 check.
I was on the line for dinner, I fixed up like 100 burger felt like an hour,
Looked at clock, it had been 5 minutes. It was then I swore off fast food
And worked at a toy store (unionized in NJ) and movie theaters.

I worked at a Carl's jr out in Fresno back in 91 for 6 months.. Liked it.

Banned
06-30-2013, 04:31 PM
My resume is loaded on a USB drive, and it's sitting within arm's length.

decktechonthe1047@hotmail.com

Try not to go off the deep end dude. I never asked for your resume, nor do I even care to see it. I don't see how that's even remotely relevant to what I said.

Greg
06-30-2013, 06:51 PM
Try not to go off the deep end dude. I never asked for your resume, nor do I even care to see it. I don't see how that's even remotely relevant to what I said.

You're the one insinuating I didn't know what I was talking about, and I offered a sample.

If you're going to play, try to keep up.

Banned
07-01-2013, 04:34 AM
You're the one insinuating I didn't know what I was talking about, and I offered a sample.

If you're going to play, try to keep up.

I say again - I do not give a shit about your resume. I honestly could not care less if you've worked in a restaurant or not. Back your claim up with actual evidence or stats...

Pullinteeth
07-01-2013, 02:49 PM

You are aware that the population has been growing exponentially don't you?

Lets make this simple. Say the U.S. gov has enough economic buying power to purchase 1,000 happy meals and the population is 10... Everyone can eat like kings-some may get more, some may get none but really there is enough to go around. Say over the next 100 years, the purchasing power goes up 100 but the population goes up 1,000,000. Now there isn't enough to go around no matter how you slice it....

Please provide this definition-from a reputable source... How tolerent would you say Joe is of Christians? Does that make Joe a conservative? So you are tolerent of racists? Compassionate toward human trafficers? Hell, you aren't even tolerent of those that wish to exercise their Consitutional rights....

Greg
07-01-2013, 03:28 PM
I say again - I do not give a shit about your resume. I honestly could not care less if you've worked in a restaurant or not. Back your claim up with actual evidence or stats...

Do your own leg work, and check the Department of Labor website. Sorry it's not the Blaze, or other trash journalism.

Now run along and play, sonny.

Rusty Jones
07-02-2013, 01:26 PM
You are aware that the population has been growing exponentially don't you?

Lets make this simple. Say the U.S. gov has enough economic buying power to purchase 1,000 happy meals and the population is 10... Everyone can eat like kings-some may get more, some may get none but really there is enough to go around. Say over the next 100 years, the purchasing power goes up 100 but the population goes up 1,000,000. Now there isn't enough to go around no matter how you slice it....

That doesn't explain or justify the disproportionate rise in executive compensation.

Please provide this definition-from a reputable source... How tolerent would you say Joe is of Christians? Does that make Joe a conservative? So you are tolerent of racists? Compassionate toward human trafficers? Hell, you aren't even tolerent of those that wish to exercise their Consitutional rights....

Okay, no problem:

1lib•er•al adjective \ˈli-b(ə-)rəl\
Definition of LIBERAL
1a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts <liberal education> b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth
2a : marked by generosity : openhanded <a liberal giver> b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way <a liberal meal> c : ample, full
3obsolete : lacking moral restraint : licentious
4: not literal or strict : loose <a liberal translation>
5: broad-minded; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
6a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives
— lib•er•al•ly \-b(ə-)rə-lē\ adverb
— lib•er•al•ness noun

lib•er•al•ism noun \ˈli-b(ə-)rə-ˌli-zəm\
Definition of LIBERALISM
1: the quality or state of being liberal
2a often capitalized : a movement in modern Protestantism emphasizing intellectual liberty and the spiritual and ethical content of Christianity b : a theory in economics emphasizing individual freedom from restraint and usually based on free competition, the self-regulating market, and the gold standard c : a political philosophy based on belief in progress, the essential goodness of the human race, and the autonomy of the individual and standing for the protection of political and civil liberties; specifically : such a philosophy that considers government as a crucial instrument for amelioration of social inequities (as those involving race, gender, or class) d capitalized : the principles and policies of a Liberal party
— lib•er•al•ist \-b(ə-)rə-list\ noun or adjective
— lib•er•al•is•tic \ˌli-b(ə-)rə-ˈlis-tik\ adjective

Merriam-Webster. When it comes to defining words, you can't get more reputable than that!

Oh, let's throw in a thesaurus entry, too:

liberal adjective
Definition of LIBERAL
1not bound by traditional ways or beliefs <parents who take a very liberal attitude toward letting their children stay out late>
Synonyms broad-minded, nonconventional, nonorthodox, nontraditional, open-minded, progressive, radical, unconventional, unorthodox
Related Words advanced, contemporary, modern; forbearing, indulgent, large-minded, lenient, permissive, tolerant; extreme; impartial, objective, unbiased
Near Antonyms hard, rigid, strict; doctrinal, dogmatic (also dogmatical); bigoted, blinkered, intolerant, narrow-minded; reactionary, unreconstructed
Antonyms conservative, conventional, hidebound, nonprogressive, old-fashioned, orthodox, stodgy, traditional
2being more than enough without being excessive <he always puts liberal amounts of grated cheese on his pizza>
Synonyms abundant, ample, aplenty, bounteous, bountiful, comfortable, cornucopian, galore, generous, liberal, plenteous, plenty
Related Words extra, supernumerary, surplus; abounding, blooming, overflowing, plump, replete, rich, rife, teeming, wealthy; adequate, enough, sufficient; fat, fecund, fertile, fruitful, luxuriant, prodigal, prolific; copious, fulsome, lavish, profuse
Near Antonyms deficient, inadequate, insufficient, lacking, wanting; meager (or meagre), niggardly, stingy; skimpy; least, minimum; light, slight, small; barren, infertile, sterile, unfruitful, unproductive
Antonyms bare, minimal, scant, spare
3giving or sharing in abundance and without hesitation <a doctor who has been very liberal in dispensing low-cost care to patients who could not otherwise afford it>
Synonyms bighearted, bounteous, bountiful, charitable, free, freehanded, freehearted, fulsome, liberal, munificent, open, openhanded, unselfish, unsparing, unstinting
Related Words extravagant, handsome, lavish, overgenerous, profuse; altruistic, beneficent, benevolent, hospitable, humanitarian, philanthropic (also philanthropical); big, greathearted, largehearted, magnanimous, openhearted; compassionate, good-hearted, kind, kindly, samaritan, sympathetic
Near Antonyms mean, petty, small; frugal, spare, sparing, thrifty; chary, stinting; acquisitive, avaricious, avid, coveting, covetous, desirous, grasping, hoggish, itchy, mercenary, rapacious; begrudging, envious, grudging, resentful
Antonyms cheap, close, closefisted, costive, illiberal [archaic], mingy, miserly, niggardly, parsimonious, penurious, selfish, stingy, stinting, tight, tightfisted, uncharitable, ungenerous

You were saying?

And, by the way, the "intolerance of the intolerant" argument doesn't work. I really don't know why you intolerant people keep using it.

Pullinteeth
07-02-2013, 02:15 PM
That doesn't explain or justify the disproportionate rise in executive compensation.

I'm not sure you are aware of what proportional means.... Take a few minutes and do a quick internet search on John D. Rockefeller, Andrew W. Mellon, Andrew Carnegie, Henry Flagler, Henry H. Rogers, J. P. Morgan, Leland Stanford, Charles Crocker, and/or Cornelius Vanderbilt and tell me that today's execs are disproportionaly rewarded. Now if you said that some are rewarded for doing a shitty jo, I would completely agree but hey...as a Democrat, you should be all for that right?

Rusty Jones
07-02-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm not sure you are aware of what proportional means.... Take a few minutes and do a quick internet search on John D. Rockefeller, Andrew W. Mellon, Andrew Carnegie, Henry Flagler, Henry H. Rogers, J. P. Morgan, Leland Stanford, Charles Crocker, and/or Cornelius Vanderbilt and tell me that today's execs are disproportionaly rewarded.

The people that you mentioned weren't mere executives. They were founders and owners of the company. That would be equivalent to the stockholders, who actually have to depend on the executives to do their jobs.

Now if you said that some are rewarded for doing a shitty jo, I would completely agree but hey...as a Democrat, you should be all for that right?

If by "shitty job," you mean cleaning up the shit that Republicans leave; you're damned right I'm all for it.