PDA

View Full Version : Four Americans killed in rocket attack at Bagram

RFScott
06-18-2013, 11:05 PM
News breaking on CNN about four people killed after a rocket attack at Bagram AB...details still emerging...

CrustySMSgt
06-19-2013, 08:18 AM
4 killed and 4 wounded... bad guys got lucky for once :(

CrustySMSgt
06-19-2013, 02:28 PM
It sucks :( It seemed like they were getting lucky more often towards the end of my time at KAF...

been pretty quiet here <knock on wood>

RFScott
06-19-2013, 02:39 PM
4 killed and 4 wounded... bad guys got lucky for once :(

It sucks :( It seemed like they were getting lucky more often towards the end of my time at KAF...

CYBERFX1024
06-19-2013, 02:42 PM

How is that? Most of the rocket attacks on KAF hit outlying structures and there was no real damage. The only rocket attack I can think of that did kill someone was when it hit over by the American Gym. It didn't explode but the fragments did kill a Kenyan worker there. The last rocket attack that I saw while I was in KAF was when it hit the pizza hut. Luckily it was like 5am and no one was in there and no one was around it. But I still have some good pictures of it.

RFScott
06-19-2013, 02:47 PM
How is that? Most of the rocket attacks on KAF hit outlying structures and there was no real damage. The only rocket attack I can think of that did kill someone was when it hit over by the American Gym. It didn't explode but the fragments did kill a Kenyan worker there. The last rocket attack that I saw while I was in KAF was when it hit the pizza hut. Luckily it was like 5am and no one was in there and no one was around it. But I still have some good pictures of it.

The last time I was there was a few years ago. I won't get into details because of OPSEC reasons, but there was one month when I was there where it seemed like they were just getting lucky shot after lucky shot. Not much in the way of casualties, but they were hitting other things...

CYBERFX1024
06-19-2013, 04:03 PM
The last time I was there was a few years ago. I won't get into details because of OPSEC reasons, but there was one month when I was there where it seemed like they were just getting lucky shot after lucky shot. Not much in the way of casualties, but they were hitting other things...

I was there for 2 years and yes they have routinely hit "other" things. But for the most part they wouldn't hit anything of merit.