PDA

View Full Version : CA forest fires.. Flooding elsewhere.

garhkal
06-08-2013, 05:27 AM
Each year we get storms with masses of rain flooding areas of the central plains, the east coast etc, but in the same time frames we are seeing forest fires in the same states (NM, AZ and CA, and occasionally TX).. so why can't they use those vaccuming trucks to suck up all the flood waters to ship out to the forest fires?

Banned
06-10-2013, 05:33 AM
We had to use the vaccuuming trucks because your mom was busy.

http://www.missmalini.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/burn.jpg

garhkal
06-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Very constructive joe.. but coming from you i expect nothing less.

Banned
06-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Very constructive joe.. but coming from you i expect nothing less.

It was a joke. No offense intended. :)

If TJMAC was here, this is when I would make a reference to homosexual sex.

CYBERFX1024
06-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Each year we get storms with masses of rain flooding areas of the central plains, the east coast etc, but in the same time frames we are seeing forest fires in the same states (NM, AZ and CA, and occasionally TX).. so why can't they use those vaccuming trucks to suck up all the flood waters to ship out to the forest fires?

We could just build a pipeline then hook it up to the California Aqueduct for the region to have more water to use.

CYBERFX1024
06-10-2013, 06:55 PM
It was a joke. No offense intended. :)

If TJMAC was here, this is when I would make a reference to homosexual sex.

Joe,

Why do you have to use these images to go against Christians? I am asking that you take them down

Banned
06-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Joe,

Why do you have to use these images to go against Christians? I am asking that you take them down

The "burn" image is unrelated to religion.

CYBERFX1024
06-10-2013, 08:09 PM
The "burn" image is unrelated to religion.

Roger solid copy.

All joking a side. The fires have already claimed two of my Earthquake Seismic Sensor sites in Southern California. So I have to go and re-install them. Which is alot of time and effort. This is a picture of one of my sites from the huge fire in the Castaic area around LA.

Banned
06-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Roger solid copy.

All joking a side. The fires have already claimed two of my Earthquake Seismic Sensor sites in Southern California. So I have to go and re-install them. Which is alot of time and effort. This is a picture of one of my sites from the huge fire in the Castaic area around LA.

That blows. I'm in the Cal Guard right now, so I'm wondering if they'll call us up this season. We did last year, but no word yet if we'll be pulling fire duty. If we do, I'm sure there'll be no warning and it'll be a total circle jerk like always.

CYBERFX1024
06-10-2013, 08:31 PM
That blows. I'm in the Cal Guard right now, so I'm wondering if they'll call us up this season. We did last year, but no word yet if we'll be pulling fire duty. If we do, I'm sure there'll be no warning and it'll be a total circle jerk like always.

Believe it or not they use some people that are in prison to fight the fires. I know this for a fact because we were going to use prisoners to help cut back on the labor costs when we are installing sites. One of the articles that we would have had to agree on was that IF there was a fire, they could be called up at no notice to go fight that fire.

Banned
06-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Believe it or not they use some people that are in prison to fight the fires. I know this for a fact because we were going to use prisoners to help cut back on the labor costs when we are installing sites. One of the articles that we would have had to agree on was that IF there was a fire, they could be called up at no notice to go fight that fire.

Yup. Used chain gangs last year. They're actually using chain gangs for rennovations around base too. I can't say that's something I agree with. I'm also skeptical that they're actually saving any money by using prisoners.

RobotChicken
06-10-2013, 10:09 PM
"Pretty bad when you have to go to prison to get health care and a job!"

garhkal
06-11-2013, 03:15 AM
We could just build a pipeline then hook it up to the California Aqueduct for the region to have more water to use.

That's a solid idea.. and the construction of something like that would employ quite a large pool of people.. even if only for a year or two.

A while back i remember watching a show (Not sure if a documentary or not) about how some modern explosives "COULD" be used to blow out a fire.. Wonder why the mil (guard) has not looked into something like that.

There was a film Staring Cuba gooding based on that..
Damn fine film.

RobotChicken
06-11-2013, 03:47 AM
"If we could 'funnel' all the hot air on these post there would be no fires in CA! LOL!

garhkal
08-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Well, with the current spate of fires in Ca, utah, arizona etc, i thought i would resurrect this thread.