PDA

View Full Version : So with this new Chief.......

jondstewart
06-03-2013, 03:50 AM
did he pretty much say in black and white, one mistake and you're out? That is in terms of DUI or any Article 15? Good Lord, with the Army, as much as I can't stand them, you can get an Article 15 and still get promoted a year later and retire with a successful career! I've known Airmen who had great potential that were thrown out mainly because of DUI's or underage drinking. Just sent out and never heard from again!

BUT, I do like the way he's telling people to get off this crap with the bake sales and booster club's and other nonsensical BS and start spending more time with your loved ones!

He looks awfully skinny! Is he like that crazy General in Afghanistan a few years back that ate like one meal a day, exercises endlessly, and wanted all the fast food concessions taken away at Bagram?

VFFTSGT
06-03-2013, 04:01 AM
did he pretty much say in black and white, one mistake and you're out? That is in terms of DUI or any Article 15? Good Lord, with the Army, as much as I can't stand them, you can get an Article 15 and still get promoted a year later and retire with a successful career! I've known Airmen who had great potential that were thrown out mainly because of DUI's or underage drinking. Just sent out and never heard from again!

BUT, I do like the way he's telling people to get off this crap with the bake sales and booster club's and other nonsensical BS and start spending more time with your loved ones!

He looks awfully skinny! Is he like that crazy General in Afghanistan a few years back that ate like one meal a day, exercises endlessly, and wanted all the fast food concessions taken away at Bagram?

Word on the street is the Army is putting people out for looking at someone wrong....trying to cut numbers.

In all my years, the only Airman I have seen kicked out for DUI was a repeat offender.

Underage drinking? Haven't seen it...kicking out for it that is.

Drackore
06-03-2013, 04:54 AM
So far this guy is full of empty words...either because he's just full of BS or our officers have ignored him and the CSAF for so long and got away with it, it just became culture.

Still waiting on the waist measurement and EPR "look" he talked about, as well as giving us our time back.

CrustySMSgt
06-03-2013, 06:04 AM

A) DUI and underage drinking are not a "mistakes", they are crimes

B) When we continue to cut people, do you want someone with no "mistakes" (criminal behavior) or those who do? As harsh as it may seem, it's really pretty simple.

Still waiting on the waist measurement and EPR "look" he talked about, as well as giving us our time back.

He did say it was a "6 month look"; this was in Feb, which would put any update in Aug (or more likely Sept it they're crunching numbers over the 6 month period). Knowing him, he'll deliver. Might not be the answer you want to hear, but I don't see him putting a firm timeline on it and then blowing it off.

CJSmith
06-03-2013, 06:11 AM
As for the DUI's, I'm with CrustySMSgt , they are crimes and we shouldn't tolerate them. If we set a policy of automatic discharge for a DUI, I think the numbers will start to go down. Don't get me wrong, we'll still have idiots that will drive under the influence but if it's a known policy of getting kicked out, most will reconsider getting behind the wheel.

VFFTSGT
06-03-2013, 06:20 AM
As for the DUI's, I'm with CrustySMSgt , they are crimes and we shouldn't tolerate them. If we set a policy of automatic discharge for a DUI, I think the numbers will start to go down. Don't get me wrong, we'll still have idiots that will drive under the influence but if it's a known policy of getting kicked out, most will reconsider getting behind the wheel.

Agreed. However that mentality in rampant throughout... It's why everyone gets 5's and supervisors cannot write paperwork. Everyone is a "good" person who just makes "mistakes." They are too busy being friends.

See with all ranks...had a Chief once rant and rant and rant about various things and never did anything about anything ever ranted about because the worst offenders were the other SNCO's in the unit that were friends.

ConfusedAirman
06-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Let's make sure to kick out all criminals. Got a speeding ticket? You're a criminal so out you go. Got caught talking on your cellphone while driving on base? You're a criminal so out you go.

RobotChicken
06-04-2013, 03:15 AM
:omfg: And heaven forbid jaywalking with hand in your pocket with no reflector belt on your way to a tornado shelter with a bag of supplies slung over your shoulder....of course your hat was blown away.