PDA

View Full Version : Who said a Major couldn't make it to the top?

ChiefB
05-30-2013, 02:47 AM
"Air Force Team Reaches Everest Summit"

A group to make you proud:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/05/23/air-force-team-reaches-everest-summit.html?ESRC=airforce-a.nl

Another SpecOps first. Congrats to them all

RobotChicken
05-30-2013, 03:10 AM
:spy There are managers, and then there are 'LEADERS'! :usa2:lock1:banana: GOO AF...

JD2780
05-30-2013, 01:00 PM
Thats pretty neat. I get a kick out of the dumb comments from the gunbunny at the bottom of the page. His ignorance is sad at best.

ChiefB
05-30-2013, 05:08 PM
Thats pretty neat. I get a kick out of the dumb comments from the gunbunny at the bottom of the page. His ignorance is sad at best.

Yes, very sad....and he is unable to read more than one paragraph, apparently.
BTW, I think this Major is a hell of a guy and the 7 summit challenge is a hell of a goal. Good on 'em all.

How come you're not up there JD?:kidding:

JD2780
05-30-2013, 05:14 PM
Yes, very sad....and he is unable to read more than one paragraph, apparently.
BTW, I think this Major is a hell of a guy and the 7 summit challenge is a hell of a goal. Good on 'em all.

How come you're not up there JD?:kidding:

The Maj definitely has cajones. Funny you ask why I'm not up there. I was watching that show "North America" on the discovery channel, and they had Mt McKinley/Denali on there. I'm seriously considering the climb with my father-in-law. We go up to anchorage every couple of years to see family and I've always wondered about it. If I actually do it, dont expect me to carry a coin a flag. I'll be happy to get up there with what I need, plus other people's O2.

I'll most likely continue reading about it, and enjoying looking at through a camera lense or a TV screen.

Pullinteeth
05-30-2013, 05:19 PM
Isn't it odd that of all the officers (and one enlisted) members of this "team" only ONE count him...ONE did all 7 summits?

The co-founder did three....another guy did six..one other did 2...22 of 'em did ONE and two did ZERO....

JD2780
05-30-2013, 05:31 PM
Isn't it odd that of all the officers (and one enlisted) members of this "team" only ONE count him...ONE did all 7 summits?

The co-founder did three....another guy did six..one other did 2...22 of 'em did ONE and two did ZERO....

Im not going to chuck spears at the dudes that didnt make it.

ChiefB
05-30-2013, 07:07 PM
The Maj definitely has cajones. Funny you ask why I'm not up there. I was watching that show "North America" on the discovery channel, and they had Mt McKinley/Denali on there. I'm seriously considering the climb with my father-in-law. We go up to anchorage every couple of years to see family and I've always wondered about it. If I actually do it, dont expect me to carry a coin a flag. I'll be happy to get up there with what I need, plus other people's O2.

I'll most likely continue reading about it, and enjoying looking at through a camera lense or a TV screen.

If you do decide to take it on, I wish you the best of luck. I'd rather do the salmon run in June on Clear Creek.:coolanim:

JD2780
05-30-2013, 07:25 PM
If you do decide to take it on, I wish you the best of luck. I'd rather do the salmon run in June on Clear Creek.:coolanim:

Dip netting!!! Or take a relaxing charter out of Ninilchik. I believe its Rowe Charters we take. Great time, a smaller boat so you dont have 10 people with you. You do the fishing, they do the cleaning of everything!!

ChiefB
05-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Dip netting!!! Or take a relaxing charter out of Ninilchik. I believe its Rowe Charters we take. Great time, a smaller boat so you dont have 10 people with you. You do the fishing, they do the cleaning of everything!!

My kinda exercise. Hook & line... salmon roe as bait. Use to trade my catch with our host for his cleaned and frozen catch and fly back to Hawaii to give all my neighbors a good old Alaskan Salmon fry. Some beer was allowed...:coolanim:

Pullinteeth
05-31-2013, 03:07 PM

That isn't what I meant... if you read the article, it leads one to believe that there is a whole team of ADAF personnel with the goal to climb all 7 mountians. If you dig just a bit deeper, you see that there were two, one stopped in 2008 and the rest basically did one climb or another and some did none...so basically it was ONE guy that took others along for a climb or two...

Pullinteeth
09-11-2013, 06:50 PM

I stand corrected. Not one single member of the team made all 7...yet Airman magazine makes it sound like the whole team climbed 'em all....three members of the "team" climbed exactly ZERO. By that rationale, I could pick the names of seven people that each climbed one mountain, declare us a team and then state that MY team climbed all 7 summits...all without ever leaving my couch.

Pullinteeth
10-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Have to admire Airman Magazine...when they get a story wrong, they stick to the lie...

"Majs. Rob Marshall and Mark Uberuaga climbed the tallest mountains on each continent, and they learned through their experience that mountain climbing is good for a person’s physical and mental health."

http://airman.dodlive.mil/2013/09/personal-summits/

Dickie
10-10-2013, 07:21 PM
"Air Force Team Reaches Everest Summit"

A group to make you proud:

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2013/05/23/air-force-team-reaches-everest-summit.html?ESRC=airforce-a.nl

Another SpecOps first. Congrats to them all

Maj Marshall is a really good guy, he was at the 67th SOS, when I was at the 7th SOS, right when the Wrath 11 accident happened. He was alway trying to help anyone he could.

Pullinteeth
10-10-2013, 07:24 PM
Maj Marshall is a really good guy, he was at the 67th SOS, when I was at the 7th SOS, right when the Wrath 11 accident happened. He was alway trying to help anyone he could.

Not saying he isn't. Just saying that he didn't climb all seven mountains nor did a single member of the "team."