PDA

View Full Version : The pre-2007 EPR's

jondstewart
05-29-2013, 05:54 AM
What do you think of them as opposed to what there has been since then? I think the new ones are more simplified, but they seemed to take just as long to rite when things like PACMAN were added to it, it just made things more complicated. I remember when you got an EPR notice, you wrote the draft, edited it as needed (usually more than once!), then sent it in to admin and they did the rest! And it had to be hand-carried! And the subordinate didn't get to see what was on it until it made its way to their records!

Remember when there were troops that got firewall 5's because they knew their job and were good leaders, but were overweight and their BDU's looked like they just came out of the laundry pile or were faded? Then there were supposedly average troops that were of good weight, in shape, and had sharp looking BDU's or blues, but they got firewall 4's and only "set the example for others" on uniform appearance?

CJSmith
05-29-2013, 06:22 AM
I remember when sub bullets were the norm for airmen. Many of my airman EPRs had sub bullets, hell one even had two sub bullets. It's always funny to stroll down memory lane when looking back at those from time to time.

VFFTSGT
05-29-2013, 06:40 AM
I remember when sub bullets were the norm for airmen. Many of my airman EPRs had sub bullets, hell one even had two sub bullets. It's always funny to stroll down memory lane when looking back at those from time to time.

I had a couple EPR's with sub-bullets. It's nice looking back at them and being able to understand what I did then rather than this cryptic language, that Russian spies couldn't decrypt, we use now.

CJSmith
05-29-2013, 06:43 AM
I had a couple EPR's with sub-bullets. It's nice looking back at them and being able to understand what I did then rather than this cryptic language, that Russian spies couldn't decrypt, we use now.

Just for grins I peered at a couple of my first ones. Holy white space and run on sentences! I think my first supervisor wrote a biography on mine.

raider8169
05-29-2013, 06:46 AM
The EPRs we use now requires less bullets yet my EPRs still all have the same amount of non-work related stuff in them.

In 12 years I have gotten marked down on the front 3 times. Oddly enough I did not notice them until about 6 months ago. As an Airman I never cared about my EPR.

CrustySMSgt
05-29-2013, 09:47 AM
I don't... try it sometime