PDA

View Full Version : The Rep System is Back!

Rusty Jones
05-29-2013, 12:09 AM
Only this time, it's in the form of "likes" and "thanks." With the total numbers that you have at the top right corner of every post.

Now, granted, it's a different concept in that it's really going to be reflective of how many "buddies" you have around here, since there doesn't appear to be a negging feature... but... could similar problems arise?

I hope not.

RobotChicken
05-29-2013, 12:14 AM
:buttkick: "We shall see...":beerchug::crucified:

CrustySMSgt
05-29-2013, 04:47 AM
Only this time, it's in the form of "likes" and "thanks." With the total numbers that you have at the top right corner of every post.

Now, granted, it's a different concept in that it's really going to be reflective of how many "buddies" you have around here, since there doesn't appear to be a negging feature... but... could similar problems arise?

I hope not.

Gotta say, I've never seen anyone so concerned about what a bunch of strangers on the internet thought of them... :wtf2:

raider8169
05-29-2013, 05:11 AM
I noticed that people that like your comment will also be posted by name. I sorta like that feature as people cant hide behind it anymore.

RobotChicken
05-29-2013, 06:27 AM
:fest30:-CLOWNS can't :buttkick: :wall: :omfg: :nana: anymore...:jester:!!! :tongue-tied:

STL7997
05-29-2013, 02:03 PM

I hope not.

It won't cause problems. It's the same concept as the facebook like system but expanded a bit to include (what facebook should have) dislikes. The best part as raider8169 mentioned is the user name appears with each like/dislike/thanks. No more hiding behind a curtain. And it doesn't have any weight on any rep system whatsoever. In the end, this system is much better and works much better. I've seen it on many forums and the overall opinion is positive with the mod.

EDIT: Another cool feature added is user tagging. If you want to tag a user, simply throw the @ symbol in front of their name. That user should (if its set up correctly) receive a notification they have been tagged.

There is another mod out there that notifies a user if they were quoted. That is very useful cause many times we never know if someone quoted us in a thread.

Pullinteeth
05-29-2013, 05:10 PM
I hadn't even noticed...Thanks!!

CrustySMSgt
05-30-2013, 05:30 AM
It won't cause problems. It's the same concept as the facebook like system but expanded a bit to include (what facebook should have) dislikes. The best part as raider8169 mentioned is the user name appears with each like/dislike/thanks. No more hiding behind a curtain. And it doesn't have any weight on any rep system whatsoever. In the end, this system is much better and works much better. I've seen it on many forums and the overall opinion is positive with the mod.

EDIT: Another cool feature added is user tagging. If you want to tag a user, simply throw the @ symbol in front of their name. That user should (if its set up correctly) receive a notification they have been tagged.

There is another mod out there that notifies a user if they were quoted. That is very useful cause many times we never know if someone quoted us in a thread.

STL7997 Sorry, just had to see if I could like and dislike the same post :evil

Pullinteeth
10-10-2013, 07:25 PM
I've gotta admit, I have hit that dislike button a LOT more than I ever left neg rep....

Measure Man
10-10-2013, 09:16 PM
I still have '1' active notifications for a Reputation comment I received just before they shut down the Reputation, that I didn't get to in time to read.

Pullinteeth
10-11-2013, 01:04 AM
I still have invites to three groups....click on it and it says the request is expired