PDA

View Full Version : Sexual Assualts

Shaken1976
05-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Do you think sexual assaults are more prevalant now in the Air Force? or do you think it is just getting more media attention? I have to wonder how long this stuff has been going on in basic training and elsewhere. I know it isn't a new thing. I also wonder how long people just kept quiet about it because they were afraid of getting in trouble. Or maybe they weren't doing so well in basic and they might not have made it through had they not performed favors.

sandsjames
05-20-2013, 03:27 PM
Do you think sexual assaults are more prevalant now in the Air Force? or do you think it is just getting more media attention? I have to wonder how long this stuff has been going on in basic training and elsewhere. I know it isn't a new thing. I also wonder how long people just kept quiet about it because they were afraid of getting in trouble. Or maybe they weren't doing so well in basic and they might not have made it through had they not performed favors.

I think it's just the amount of media coverage it gets. It's the same with anything. Gun violence, DUI, sexual assault, etc are happening now at a similar rate to which they always have (and less than before in some cases) but the topics are much better at grabbing headlines than they used to be so it seems like it's all we hear about.

SomeRandomGuy
05-20-2013, 04:07 PM

I think they just get more media attention. Also if you look at the Lackland scandal not all of the charges were actually sexual assualts. Most of them were unprofessional relationships. I know for a fact that unprofessional relationships have always been going on. The problem is that the AF found one person who actually raped people and then used that case plus a bunch of unprofessional relationships to drum up attention against sexual assualts.

71Fish
05-20-2013, 04:28 PM
I think it's just the amount of media coverage it gets. It's the same with anything. Gun violence, DUI, sexual assault, etc are happening now at a similar rate to which they always have (and less than before in some cases) but the topics are much better at grabbing headlines than they used to be so it seems like it's all we hear about.

I agree with the amount of coverage it gets. According to statistics, gun violence has steadily gone down, but if you only looked at the news you wouldn't think that is possible. With the amount of attention assaults get, I would have to guess that sexual assaults are also going down (just my assumption, nothing to back it up), but coverage is up.

Rainmaker
05-20-2013, 09:24 PM

Rainmaker been assaulted more than a few times in his day. usually, whenever it happens though the Wimmins that take advantage is alot bigger and Rainmaker been drinkin too much. He figure if it's inevitable he might as well lay back and enjoy it.

SomeRandomGuy
05-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Rainmaker been assaulted more than a few times in his day. usually, whenever it happens though the Wimmins that take advantage is alot bigger and Rainmaker been drinkin too much. He figure if it's inevitable he might as well lay back and enjoy it.

Is Dis a piq of Rainmaker? Nomsayin?

http://www.gigginonya.com/fat%20chick.jpg

BOSS302
05-20-2013, 11:12 PM

She is the size of your average GS-11 Civilian Airman.

raider8169
05-21-2013, 12:34 AM
I can say that I have never been sexually assulted. Nor do I know anyone else who has openly admited to it. I'm sure it happens but is not reported. Plus I know a few people who say they know someone who hung out with someone who cried wolf because they regreted hooking up at a party.

Rainmaker
05-21-2013, 01:38 AM

Can someone help a brotha delete his facebook page?

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
05-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Can someone help a brotha delete his facebook page?

Is this one of those Dependapotimus' letting loose at the Club while her husband is deployed?

JD2780
05-21-2013, 03:03 PM

She is probably active duty and he is GS-11

Rainmaker
05-21-2013, 03:09 PM
Is this one of those Dependapotimus' letting loose at the Club while her husband is deployed?

Sometimes you gotta go ugly early. NomSayin?

KellyinAvon
05-21-2013, 04:18 PM
She is probably active duty and he is GS-11

I'd guess GS-14 engineer at NASA.

JD2780
05-21-2013, 04:25 PM
I'd guess GS-14 engineer at NASA.

Yea with the hair and glasses you might be right.

RobotChicken
05-22-2013, 05:43 AM
:nono:censored:hand:smash:sad:smash

imported_chipotleboy
05-22-2013, 04:45 PM
I don't agree with it being about 'hookup culture' as General Welsh said.

I think it all starts at the top with our elected officials. Like a few years ago, the Senate said it was ok for the Commander-in-Chief to commit perjury during a deposition in a sexual harassment case, because "it was just about sex".

JD2780
05-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Or several of our Generals getting caught sleeping around.

71Fish
05-22-2013, 05:41 PM
I don't agree with it being about 'hookup culture' as General Welsh said.

I think it all starts at the top with our elected officials. Like a few years ago, the Senate said it was ok for the Commander-in-Chief to commit perjury during a deposition in a sexual harassment case, because "it was just about sex".

That depends on the definition of what "it" is.

20+Years
05-22-2013, 05:53 PM
The current focus is the media. The are keyed in right now. God are we about to get this "new" culture shoved down our throats. Giggity.

RobotChicken
05-24-2013, 01:48 AM
:drama My mom's 'Navy Wives Club' was in an uproar about women on ships, along with most guys because of women, and to work in a 'mans' seagoing lifestyle drama free...well how's that working out??? :drum