PDA

View Full Version : What? Bam can't sack Bru?

Robert F. Dorr
05-16-2013, 05:03 PM
Is that true?

Did the President of the United States really have to request the Acting Commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service to resign?

"He's a federal employee," I was told, in a tone of voice that might have meant: "You can't touch him."

Say what?

The chief executive doesn't have the authority to fire this guy?

Does that mean President Obama can't fire Bruwin?

RobotChicken
05-16-2013, 05:22 PM
:clock Obamo is still on....:usa2

ConfusedAirman
05-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Asking and getting his resignation happens now which looks good all around. Firing him would have to proceed down the road following whatever OPM guidelines exist for SES employees.

tiredretiredE7
05-16-2013, 08:28 PM
Is that true?

Did the President of the United States really have to request the Acting Commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service to resign?

"He's a federal employee," I was told, in a tone of voice that might have meant: "You can't touch him."

Say what?

The Intel community has the capability to word intel reports in a very condensed and concise manner or add the PC spin this administration really needs right now.

VFFTSGT
05-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Is that true?

Say what?

"Firing" someone would mean holding someone accountable.

"Resigning" means no one is held accountable and the individual is simply moved to another position of equal or higher authority.

And word on the street is, this guy was already resigning/leaving in June. This "resignation" is nothing but feel good news to make the sheeple believe action is being taken.

And this guy, Steven Miller, was the acting commissioner that took over late last year when Douglas Shulman (the actual commissioner when these controversial acts took place) left.

RobotChicken
05-17-2013, 06:00 AM
:der So 'who' put him there???? :playball

BRUWIN
05-17-2013, 06:42 PM

If it came down to it I think Obama could pull some strings to get me fired. That said...he better worry about his own self right now. Reps are talking about impeachment and I can't disagree.

coloringoutsidethelines
05-17-2013, 07:41 PM
Actually Bruwin is in his probationary period so he can be fired without justification until his year mark I beleive