PDA

View Full Version : Manning

Koa1121
05-16-2013, 04:28 PM
I just got back to my real job (F-16 Crew Chief) in the Air Force after a successful 4 year tour at Lackland, and I have noticed over the past couple months our manning is awful. I'm expediting, and have usually 10 or 11 people on day shift for 12 jets on the schedule + 2 spares. Swing shift has usually 8 people, but a lot of the time, someone has an appointment or PT test the next day, so they end up with 6 crew chiefs covering 12 jets, plus anything that is broke. Is it this bad everywhere? Does anyone notice or care? I have noticed our leadership really doesn't bat an eye because we make miracles happen every day, and get the jets in the air. But, it's at the expense of training young airmen, and quality work.

Measure Man
05-16-2013, 04:30 PM
I just got back to my real job (F-16 Crew Chief) in the Air Force after a successful 4 year tour at Lackland, and I have noticed over the past couple months our manning is awful. I'm expediting, and have usually 10 or 11 people on day shift for 12 jets on the schedule + 2 spares. Swing shift has usually 8 people, but a lot of the time, someone has an appointment or PT test the next day, so they end up with 6 crew chiefs covering 12 jets, plus anything that is broke. Is it this bad everywhere? Does anyone notice or care? I have noticed our leadership really doesn't bat an eye because we make miracles happen every day, and get the jets in the air. But, it's at the expense of training young airmen, and quality work.

Welcome to the USAF.

Actual work in the shop/office/flightline takes a backseat to everything else.

BISSBOSS
05-16-2013, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the USAF.

Actual work in the shop/office/flightline takes a backseat to everything else.

DAMN... You beat me to it!

-BB-

RobotChicken
05-16-2013, 04:40 PM
:usa2 Keep doing less with less and wind up flying less! :usa2

Smeghead
05-16-2013, 05:09 PM

It's a damn shame that "successful" means leaving with stripes intact and no federal conviction. :biggrin

Rainmaker
05-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Manning definately got to be in the conversation for best QB of this generation. Until, he win another ship though. Rainmaker put him at number 2 behind Brady.

JD2780
05-16-2013, 06:00 PM
Manning definately got to be in the conversation for best QB of this generation. Until, he win another ship though. Rainmaker put him at number 2 behind Brady.

Dang straight. GO PATS.

Koa1121
05-16-2013, 11:43 PM
It's a damn shame that "successful" means leaving with stripes intact and no federal conviction. :biggrin

Tell me about it...

imported_Shove_your_stupid_meeting
05-17-2013, 01:32 AM
It's been an issue for some for well over a decade, at the least.

Koa1121
05-17-2013, 03:59 AM
When I came in back in 2001 we had around 80 crew chiefs in the AMU. My current AMU has 38. We are flying the same amount of sorties annually.

RobotChicken
05-17-2013, 04:01 AM
:plane Did the Air Farce ONE get cut back like that????:nono

RobotChicken
05-17-2013, 05:10 AM
:der "If it dont go down..Call Brown!!" :clap2:pound