PDA

View Full Version : Christian couple kills their second child

Banned
05-15-2013, 12:37 AM
Honestly, if you believe this shit, you should get a free ticket to Afghanistan, while your kids are put in foster care with the hope that their new adoptive parents aren't fucking morons.

In 2009, Kent Schaible, the two-year-old son of Herbert and Catherine Schaible, contracted bacterial pneumonia. Kent could have been saved by doctors, but his parents didn’t give him that chance. Instead, they prayed for ten days… and, to nobody’s surprise, that didn’t help. A few doses of Tylenol could have saved Kent’s life, but his parents decided they had a better solution in mind.

The Schaibles belong to First Century Gospel Church of Juniata Park, Pennsylvania. It’s a place where the pastor preaches the gospel of faith-healing — if you have enough faith, God will heal you and those you love. You don’t need a doctor if you just believe hard enough. And if you don’t, you’ll be punished…

Of course, I bring all of this up because of horrific news that was reported yesterday: The Schaibles have killed another one of their children in the same manner.

Brandon Schaible, only eight-months-old, spent the last weeks of his life breathing with difficulty and suffering from diarrhea. His parents watched him deal with this yet failed to take to heart the lesson they should have learned years ago: Take the child to a goddamn medical professional.
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2013/04/24/christian-couple-kills-their-second-child-with-prayer/

USMC0341
05-15-2013, 02:24 AM
They should be charged with murder; how they were allowed to keep their other child after the first go around is beyond me, neglect in the fullest. Fucking retards like this make me lose faith in humanity...

Banned
05-15-2013, 03:37 AM
Maybe "faith healing" was a good option in 1413... 2013? Not so much.

raider8169
05-15-2013, 06:31 AM
Gotta love it that in America anyone can have kids. Just not everyone can be good parents.

JD2780
05-15-2013, 11:52 AM
I can't say I know of anybody that practices "faith healing". Never met one. I pray the doctors find ways to help. When I have to deal with AF docs I pray a little harder.

Rusty Jones
05-15-2013, 12:09 PM
I can't say I know of anybody that practices "faith healing". Never met one. I pray the doctors find ways to help. When I have to deal with AF docs I pray a little harder.

Yeah, but you worship the SAME god as those who practice that crap. Does that not bother you in the least?

JD2780
05-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Yeah, but you worship the SAME god as those who practice that crap. Does that not bother you in the least?

It bothers me they let their child die. This isn't God's fault, but I'm sure you guys will find a way to make it out to be God's fault.

Banned
05-15-2013, 04:08 PM
It bothers me they let their child die. This isn't God's fault, but I'm sure you guys will find a way to make it out to be God's fault.

God was too busy helping some dude find his car keys.

meatbringer
05-15-2013, 04:19 PM
God was too busy helping some dude find his car keys.

Get it right, Joe. Magic Sky Man was too busy damning homosexuals.

Banned
05-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Get it right, Joe. Magic Sky Man was too busy damning homosexuals.

At the time Magic Sky Man was too busy carpet bombing foreigners.

TJMAC77SP
05-15-2013, 08:29 PM

It bothers ME. Of course it would bother me just as much if they worshiped the weeping willow in the front yard.

meatbringer
05-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Christian couple kills their second child? Yeah, sounds about right.

Banned
05-15-2013, 09:05 PM
It bothers ME. Of course it would bother me just as much if they worshiped the weeping willow in the front yard.

At least the weeping willow exists.

TJMAC77SP
05-16-2013, 11:52 AM
At least the weeping willow exists.

What do you know? You worship a magic sky man for God's sake !

meatbringer
05-16-2013, 02:11 PM
My god is an indian who turns into a wolf.

TJMAC77SP
05-16-2013, 03:10 PM
My God is the man who make Sam Adams beer.

Rusty Jones
05-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Science is my god. Neil DeGrasse Tyson and Bill Nye are my two Jesuses.

meatbringer
05-16-2013, 03:29 PM
My God is the man who make Sam Adams beer.

I'm with you. As of now I denounce the Indian that turns into a wolf as my savior. From this day forth, I will also pray to the savior Jim Koch, founder of Sam Adams beer. I will also be making a pilgimage to the Sam Adams brewery next year to pay homage.

Measure Man
05-16-2013, 04:15 PM

There certainly are people that do...and not just loony people, I mean, the dude next to you at work, or the pilot on your last flight.

I went to one of those faith healing revival things once...so the guys up there doing weird kind of things...most of the healing was stuff you can't see or anything (a bad back that would be better in a couple days). A few of them he would claim like their back injury came from one leg being shorter than the other and he would sit them down and claim to miraculously grow one leg out so them matched...and people would be shouting "hallelujah." Of course there was a girl that got up out of a wheelchair...strangely it was someone no one had even seen at church before...while the little girl with cerebral palsy that comes to church every week gettign prayed on for healing...no miracle for her.

Then at church the next week, all these people are giving testimonies of how they were healed, or telling stories about how all these people were miraculously healed...and I'm thinking "wait, that didn't happen". But, these weren't people that were "in on it"...they were honest, good people that I had close friendships with...and they believed every bit of what they were saying...or at least wanted to so badly they convinced themselves.

Then it struck me...if here and now in the 20th Century (it was 20th century then)...these guys could have decent, honest, educated people proclaiming to witness miraculous healings in the day of video recordings, etc...how much more could something like that have happened 2,000 years ago? How much more could those tales have grown from Jesus' actual time to the decades later when the gospels were written? Like, heck, even nowadays we get "larger than life" stories about some of our more prominent heros...Babe Ruth, Albert Einstein, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln etc. that are spread as fact when, well, they aren't. How much more likely was that to happen 2,000 years ago?

Interesting enough...attending that faith healing revivial was a step toward losing my faith. Not just because I think the hosts were charlatans, but because how I saw how people I knew well and trusted not only believed becasue they wanted so badly to believe...but how they then relayed the great miracles to others in that way.

TJMAC77SP
05-16-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm with you. As of now I denounce the Indian that turns into a wolf as my savior. From this day forth, I will also pray to the savior Jim Koch, founder of Sam Adams beer. I will also be making a pilgimage to the Sam Adams brewery next year to pay homage.

Not to mention that dude is a stone cold nutjob. He lives to have fun.

Pullinteeth
05-17-2013, 06:26 PM
They should be charged with murder; how they were allowed to keep their other child after the first go around is beyond me, neglect in the fullest. Fucking retards like this make me lose faith in humanity...

Probation violation....seriously. They were violated because they were on probation for letting their other kid die in 2009.... Of course they still have seven other kids so maybe these two were spares... Correction....the STATE has their other seven kids.

http://articles.philly.com/2013-05-08/news/39093451_1_children-catherine-schaible-family-court