PDA

View Full Version : Marines Get NJP for Facebook

drc100882
05-09-2013, 09:19 PM
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/US-Rep-Jackie-Speier-Calls-on-Marines-to-Shut-Down-Vulgar-Facebook-Page-Denigrating-Women-206681781.html

"In a statement on behalf of the Marines received by e-mail on Wednesday, Capt. Eric Flanagan said that in general, "We have identified active Marines doing inappropriate posting on social media and they have been punished."

In some cases, Flanagan said that Marines have faced "office hours" as "non judicial punishments" for unsavory comments posted online.

He said the men have been both active duty and reserve Marines and have been referred to commands for "appropriate action," though he was not specific about what that action was. Flanagan's comments were not necessarily made regarding the "F'N Wook" page, specifically highlighted by Speier."

NJP for Facebook?

Tak
05-09-2013, 09:20 PM
http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20130508/NEWS/305080027/CO-diving-unit-fired-after-deaths

drc100882
05-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Why you gotta hijack my thread?

technomage1
05-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Inappropriate . And stupid to post under your real name on Facebook.

I'm not too much of a thread nazi but shouldn't this go under the Marine thread? They should have more to say about it than we do.

drc100882
05-09-2013, 09:34 PM

I'm not too much of a thread nazi but shouldn't this go under the Marine thread? They should have more to say about it than we do.

Just thought it was interesting since so much has been going on with the AF recently. And I highly doubt they'd stop with Marines...

technomage1
05-09-2013, 09:39 PM
I already started it this morning.

Sorry. I tend to only go to the af section so I didn't see it.

CYBERFX1024
05-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Why do you have to hijack my thread I started in the Marine Corps forum? F'n Wook was a awesome FB page. Yeah they were alittle bit over the top sometimes but damn it was funny.

CYBERFX1024
05-09-2013, 09:40 PM

CYBERFX1024
05-09-2013, 09:41 PM
It's ok. The Air Force forum is the one receiving the most action nowadays. But I am actually a member of that page on FB. Yeah some of the posts were out there and it demeaned women. But you know what? It was started by a woman, and women actually demean other women on that page as well. Just check out F'n Boot or JTTOTS it is alittle more watered down, but still funny as hell.

technomage1
05-09-2013, 09:45 PM

Sorry. I tend to only go to the af section so I didn't see it.

CYBERFX1024
05-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Why is it demeaning when a woman makes fun of another woman?

Greg
05-09-2013, 10:12 PM
Why is it demeaning when a woman makes fun of another woman?

One shouldn't make fun of others. It might cause them to drop their trophy when they run home for some sugary treats to feel better about themselves.

People need to grow up. I don't advocate going out of one's way to intentionally cause harm to others, but there's a cruel world out there.

If one is having a crisis of confidence, do something about it. Hit the fucking gymn!

Life's tough, wear a helmet!

CYBERFX1024
05-10-2013, 12:24 AM
One shouldn't make fun of others. It might cause them to drop their trophy when they run home for some sugary treats to feel better about themselves.
People need to grow up. I don't advocate going out of one's way to intentionally cause harm to others, but there's a cruel world out there.
If one is having a crisis of confidence, do something about it. Hit the fucking gym!
Life's tough, wear a helmet!

Yeah life is tough. People need to stop crying about everything. If that site offended you then all you had to do was unlike it.

DocBones
05-10-2013, 12:55 PM
'One shouldn't make fun of others. It might cause them to drop their trophy when they run home for some sugary treats to feel better about themselves.'

That made me laugh!

Thank you, Greg!

DocBones
05-12-2013, 05:28 PM
While being a FB page, there are some things that a Marine is not allowed to do. Back when, the Commandant stated that if anyone called a woman Marine a BAM (Broad Butted Marine), that the female got a free shot with her fist into the Marines face.

CYBERFX1024
05-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Well they already started a new fb page anyway. The admin is pretty pissed off that they deleted all her pictures and posts. Yes, I did say SHE. She has started a new page and trying out other venues as well so that if they delete it again then it won't be everything she had.

Tha Wookie Monster is the new page

VFFTSGT
05-12-2013, 06:05 PM
Well they already started a new fb page anyway. The admin is pretty pissed off that they deleted all her pictures and posts. Yes, I did say SHE. She has started a new page and trying out other venues as well so that if they delete it again then it won't be everything she had.

Tha Wookie Monster is the new page

You mean freedom of speech doesn't exist? I thought thousands of service members died in Iraq and Afghanistan to protect our freedoms?!

And can we get a link to the old and new pages?