PDA

View Full Version : Worst F'in chore that you HATE

Tak
05-07-2013, 07:27 PM

sandsjames
05-07-2013, 07:53 PM
The dishes. Mainly because if I cook something I clean up as I go and my wife will wash. When she cooks, I wash, but she doesn't clean up as she goes so there is a gigantic mess when it's time to clean up.

ttribe
05-07-2013, 08:00 PM
Painting. That's always the first thing that pops to mind when i think of things I hate to do around my house. I absolutely hate it. I've tried with power equipment and still hated it.

My three sons have reached the age where I can tell them to go out and pick up the dog doo, cut the grass, rake, and shovel snow and sort and fold laundry. I figure I have about 7 or 8 good years of labor from them before they fly the coop. Then it's all back on me and the Mrs.

71Fish
05-07-2013, 08:03 PM
I hate dishes. I would rather clean the bathroom than do dishes.

Tak
05-07-2013, 08:05 PM
Painting. That's always the first thing that pops to mind when i think of things I hate to do around my house. I absolutely hate it. I've tried with power equipment and still hated it.

My three sons have reached the age where I can tell them to go out and pick up the dog doo, cut the grass, rake, and shovel snow and sort and fold laundry. I figure I have about 7 or 8 good years of labor from them before they fly the coop. Then it's all back on me and the Mrs.

Painting starts out music and fun, ends in painful agony while ice ice baby plays.

Tak
05-07-2013, 08:12 PM
The dishes. Mainly because if I cook something I clean up as I go and my wife will wash. When she cooks, I wash, but she doesn't clean up as she goes so there is a gigantic mess when it's time to clean up.

My wife is a freakin mess in the kitchen...shit everywhere...she spent 14 years working chow hall services.

coloringoutsidethelines
05-07-2013, 08:13 PM
I can not freaking stand to mow the lawn. Growing up we had a huge lawn and my Dad was crazy strict about not missing a single patch. Made me hate that for life.

Tak
05-07-2013, 08:15 PM
I hate dishes. I would rather clean the bathroom than do dishes.

We now mostly buy paper plates. Sometimes plastic cups and utensils.

Had a coworker simply through away full sink dishes and buy new from bx,
They were annoyingly into Amway, like people are with crossfit.

Tak
05-07-2013, 08:15 PM
I can not freaking stand to mow the lawn. Growing up we had a huge lawn and my Dad was crazy strict about not missing a single patch. Made me hate that for life.

Last year I mowed over a sprinkler head...plastic and wire everywhere.

technomage1
05-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Dishes. I hate doing dishes by hand.

Tak
05-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Dishes. I hate doing dishes by hand.

Certain crap hardens like cement. Friendly things turn into nightmares,
Dried fruity pebbles, dried grizzle while broiling, etc..

My wife has to have a certain brand of dish soap. I am not allowed to put
Knifed in sink when she's washing.

Tak
05-07-2013, 09:50 PM
Got two older sons, one lazy as hell, wont rake for $20, the other opposite,
Would rake Crap all day for $$$.

technomage1
05-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Certain crap hardens like cement. Friendly things turn into nightmares,
Dried fruity pebbles, dried grizzle while broiling, etc..

My wife has to have a certain brand of dish soap. I am not allowed to put
Knifed in sink when she's washing.

It's odd because once I get started its never as bad as I think it will be. I avoid it for as long as possible then dread it but afterwords I think it wasn't so bad. Then I do the same thing the next time.

Tak
05-07-2013, 09:54 PM
Got two older sons, one lazy as hell, wont rake for $20, the other opposite,
Would rake Crap all day for $$$.

Tak
05-07-2013, 10:12 PM
If wife home all day, she naps, rests, gets break, I'm a hero.

If I'm home all day and do nothing, I'm a lazy good for nothing piece of monkey shyte
And she's on the phone that night relaying it to her mom and friends :-)

drc100882
05-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Laundry. Specifically socks and unmentionables. ONLY because after the spin cycle they stick to the side of the washing machine with a kung-fu death grip. Might be little but it's a pain in my ass.

I also hate refilling the water on my keurig. It's 15 seconds out of my life where I wonder why the damn coffee maker can't just make it's own water and leave me alone. :ohwell

Tak
It's odd because once I get started its never as bad as I think it will be. I avoid it for as long as possible then dread it but afterwords I think it wasn't so bad. Then I do the same thing the next time.

Sounds same as going to gym

Measure Man
What chore can't you stand?

All of them.

Tak
05-07-2013, 10:38 PM
I just finished cleaning and vacuuming out our vehicles...not so bad, but didn't do
A thorough detail job...

Tak
05-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Anyone have a wife who does all the chores?

Tak
05-07-2013, 10:43 PM
Laundry. Specifically socks and unmentionables. ONLY because after the spin cycle they stick to the side of the washing machine with a kung-fu death grip. Might be little but it's a pain in my ass.

I also hate refilling the water on my keurig. It's 15 seconds out of my life where I wonder why the damn coffee maker can't just make it's own water and leave me alone. :ohwell

I am banned from laundry because I don't separate or use fabric softener or bleach...

drc100882
05-07-2013, 10:49 PM
I am banned from laundry because I don't separate or use fabric softener or bleach...

That's really funny. When I got married I was banned from doing it because I washed everything in hot water and dried everything on high heat - without separating anything. Now I can wash socks and unmentionables because both of those use heat.

raider8169
05-08-2013, 12:18 AM
I hate dishes and cleaning the bathroom. I tend to do the laundry but I don't put away my wifes clothes or the kids. Gotta say being back in the dorms while away from the family my chores takes all of 10 minutes a week to do. I could get used to this.

ttribe
05-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Anyone have a wife who does all the chores?
Since we've shut down Clark, and Korea as a country has come into the modern world, those type of wives are getting more and more rare.

Mcjohn1118
05-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Since we've shut down Clark, and Korea as a country has come into the modern world, those type of wives are getting more and more rare.

My wife is neither Korean nor Filipina. She's from Wisconsin. We've been married for close to 15 years now and to be honest we have our jobs defined. I am the "bread winner" by being in the military. She is a "homemaker" and takes care of most chores to include taking out the garbage. I help on the weekends with the bathrooms and ironing. I guess all those years of starching made me pretty proficient. I'm banned from laundry because I don't sort and fold like she likes it. Anyway, our way is not for everyone but it works for us.

Mcjohn1118
05-08-2013, 01:08 PM

My wife is neither Korean nor Filipina. She's from Wisconsin. We've been married for close to 15 years now and to be honest we have our jobs defined. I am the "bread winner" by being in the military. She is a "homemaker" and takes care of most chores to include taking out the garbage. I help on the weekends with the bathrooms and ironing. I guess all those years of starching made me pretty proficient. I'm banned from laundry because I don't sort and fold like she likes it. Anyway, our way is not for everyone but it works for us.

Tak
05-08-2013, 01:38 PM
I also don't know how to properly make a bed and I learned sheets get changed often.

71Fish
05-08-2013, 02:24 PM
I'm assigned to sock folding when it comes to laudry.

I see some wives don't know the tricks we use to get out of doing chores.

MedWeenie
05-08-2013, 02:52 PM
I hate hanging Christmas Lights and tree decorating.

Tak
05-08-2013, 02:57 PM
I hate hanging Christmas Lights and tree decorating.

In Minot, most leave lights up year round.

71Fish
05-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread on Air Force-related chores we hate, and I was all prepared to talk about how much I hate worked at air shows.

Hated, I mean. Past tense. No more air shows for me! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Same here. They always fell on a 4 day weekend, which meant no one on base got a 4 day weekend.

FuelShopTech
05-08-2013, 03:11 PM
I hate any chore I can't pay a hot French maid to do.

imported_SergeantJack
05-08-2013, 03:12 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread on Air Force-related chores we hate, and I was all prepared to talk about how much I hate worked at air shows.

FuelShopTech
05-08-2013, 03:15 PM
In terms of AF chores, I'd say I despise checking trucks.

I'd rather mop the men's room than check trucks.

Tak
05-08-2013, 03:18 PM

How many days.

Tak
05-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Bob will start the af chore thread...

I like non af topics.

Tak
05-08-2013, 03:24 PM

How many days.

BENDER56
05-08-2013, 04:18 PM
I cook, do laundry and take care of miscellaneous maintenance stuff. Wife cleans and oversees the finances. Grounds crew keeps up the landscaping. I've got it easy.

To answer the thread question; cleaning.

crwchf16
05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
AF Chore I despise: Writing EPRs. Usually one EPR has 5 different re-writes for all the reviewers it must pass through
Home Chore I can't stand: Raking leaves. I'm from New England. When the trees there dump their leaves it becomes a never ending battle to clean them up before snow flies

imported_SergeantJack
05-08-2013, 04:33 PM
How many days.

Six! But if you're counting duty days, I'm putting it down as two. :)

WeaponsTSGT
05-08-2013, 04:43 PM

Mine is the same, I've been married 19 and she's from Wyoming. Most of the yard and anything that goes in the garage is mine and she's the homemaker. I wouldn't have chosen it any other way.

WeaponsTSGT
05-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Trimmin' the pubes. Whether it's banging my girlfriend, or getting a beej from that Romanian stripper, I gotta keep my down-low afro from getting too large....!

:D :D :D :D :D

I'm still trying to understand this, is it a generational thing? I'm turning 40 soon and this has never been something that I thought was needed. Now I see on TV that guys not only do this but shave their arms/legs/back and chest. Had did we go from men have hair to men need to make their bodies mirror that of a ladies?

MACHINE666
05-08-2013, 04:52 PM
Trimmin' the pubes. Whether it's banging my girlfriend, or getting a beej from that Romanian stripper, I gotta keep my down-low afro from getting too large....!

drc100882
05-08-2013, 04:54 PM
I'm assigned to sock folding when it comes to laudry.

I see some wives don't know the tricks we use to get out of doing chores.

Tricks. Like what?

I figured out my husband's trick... He'll take out the garbage, then stay outside for a long time banging around in the garage like he's doing something else. I've walked in on him a few times literally banging stuff on the wall... not doing a damn thing. Before I figured this out I thought he was sweeping or cleaning out parts of the garage...but no. He's not. So I just let him take out the garbage and he thinks that I think he's cleaning the garage....

He also likes to play dumb while doing the dishes, like he doesn't know he's not supposed to put my good expensive cookware in the dishwasher. Or he needs help making spaghetti because he doesn't know how to do it. Playing dumb has gotten him out of a lot of things to do...it's cute so I don't care.

71Fish
05-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Tricks. Like what?

I figured out my husband's trick... He'll take out the garbage, then stay outside for a long time banging around in the garage like he's doing something else. I've walked in on him a few times literally banging stuff on the wall... not doing a damn thing. Before I figured this out I thought he was sweeping or cleaning out parts of the garage...but no. He's not. So I just let him take out the garbage and he thinks that I think he's cleaning the garage....

He also likes to play dumb while doing the dishes, like he doesn't know he's not supposed to put my good expensive cookware in the dishwasher. Or he needs help making spaghetti because he doesn't know how to do it. Playing dumb has gotten him out of a lot of things to do...it's cute so I don't care.

If I told you, then you'd tell your friends, then they tell their friends, and so on. Then we'd never get out of stuff. But I will tell you, you've pretty much got things figured out.

Tak
05-08-2013, 05:09 PM
http://woodymarx.hubpages.com/hub/Tips-for-Men-How-to-Escape-Doing-Chores

MACHINE666
05-08-2013, 05:13 PM

On second thought..."underwear afro" sounds funnier.....oh well...too late to change my post!

:D :D :D :D

meatbringer
05-08-2013, 06:56 PM
I'm still trying to understand this, is it a generational thing? I'm turning 40 soon and this has never been something that I thought was needed. Now I see on TV that guys not only do this but shave their arms/legs/back and chest. Had did we go from men have hair to men need to make their bodies mirror that of a ladies?

I'll chime in on this one....I'm a hairy dude, but like to keep it clean. Probably about once every two months or so I'll take clippers and clean up. My bush would be too epic if I didn't, and I wouldn't wish its wrath on my worst enemy, let alone my wife. I am however, puzzled as to why I see many dudes shaving their arms/chests/legs completely. I even went to the mall the other weekend and saw a group of little brohams getting their eyebrows waxed at one of those booths in the center.

coloringoutsidethelines
05-08-2013, 07:59 PM

I don't shave anywhere else but I do hit the danger zone. The sweat and smell that comes from that area is greatly reduced. Also it's unbelievable how much sensation is blocked by hair and most importantly the wife won't go near there unless I do.

imported_SergeantJack
05-08-2013, 08:21 PM

If there's one thing my time on this forum has taught me, it's that I know far too much about Machine666's crotch.

71Fish
05-08-2013, 09:33 PM
I don't shave anywhere else but I do hit the danger zone. The sweat and smell that comes from that area is greatly reduced. Also it's unbelievable how much sensation is blocked by hair and most importantly the wife won't go near there unless I do.

Not only that, but it looks bigger shorn.

sandsjames
05-08-2013, 09:47 PM
How did this thread turn bad so fast?

Tak
05-08-2013, 09:48 PM
How did this thread turn bad so fast?

Hint: machine

RobotChicken
05-09-2013, 12:59 AM
:cry Just buy a damn dishwasher for christ sakes........:hail:laser:frog:ballchain

RobotChicken
05-09-2013, 01:10 AM
:cry
Non-hacker zoomies....use paper plates on VIP flights???? :lol

Tak
05-09-2013, 01:10 AM
:cry Just buy a damn dishwasher for christ sakes........:hail:laser:frog:ballchain

There's a reason its called

Dish
Wash
Her