PDA

View Full Version : Why Iron Man 3 is the worst movie ever

imported_Joker76
05-07-2013, 04:19 AM
Main Plot of the movie first:

The entire Mandarin/invent a terrorist plot by the AIM corporation. CEO of AIM developed a formula to regenerate human cells, AWESOME, one small side effect, some times the people who take the formula explode. Now that we know that, we have a few options for the company.

Option 1: We release our findings and gain worldwide support, grants, govt research contracts, basically unlimited funds to fix the flaw in the original substance until its perfect. (which tony stark did at the end of the movie in about 2 minutes)

Option 2: Create a fake terrorist threat to explain the explosions, threaten the entire united states, threaten and try to Kill Iron man just to keep the fake terrorist threat alive, and then for some reason, kidnap the president.

I know...I know, obviously option 2 makes the most sense.

Sub Plot:

Tony Starks house is destroyed, the only iron man suit left is his prototype which is now destroyed and his dragging around Tennessee in the snow. That's ok..he's Tony Stark, he'll fight this battle with no suit, which is exactly what he does for the next one hour and 15 minutes while he's trying to find out a way to fix and charge his Iron Man Prototype which, by the way, can't fly very good and can't fight, cause its a prototype and not mission ready. He does a great job, sneaking around, doing his thing, he keeps calling Jarvis and the kid to see the suit charging is going, when its FINALLY up to 92% he says "that'll have to do" and he activates it remotely to come to him. NOW we're at the end of the movie, his suit is broke AGAIN..what does he do...calls Jarvis (the computer) yes, the same computer he's been talking to the ENTIRE MOVIE, and tells him to send....oh i don't know....45 MFing Iron Man suits to the rescue!!! HE HAD 45 OTHER SUIT THIS ENTIRE TIME THAT HE COULD HAVE CALLED FOR ANY TIME HE WANTED!!!! ARE YOU Fing KIDDING ME!!!!!!

raider8169
05-07-2013, 04:24 AM
Thought it was 41...

imported_Joker76
05-07-2013, 04:26 AM
Thought it was 41...

You thought what was 41? The number of Iron Man suits that came to the rescue? Let's pretend for a moment you are right, and Tony had 41 Extra Iron Man suits he could call a moments notice instead of 45. Now the movie takes total sense...i see why he did that now....

Banned
05-07-2013, 04:50 AM
I don't see why those suits should help him. He should have enough resiliency to take care of himself. ;)

CJSmith
05-07-2013, 08:40 AM
Pssstt...

It's a movie!!!

imported_DannyJ
05-07-2013, 01:27 PM
It was bad. Horrible ending, but still... Wouldn't recommend paying to see it in the theater.

BENDER56
05-07-2013, 01:36 PM

The entire Mandarin/invent a terrorist plot by the AIM corporation. CEO of AIM developed a formula to regenerate human cells, AWESOME, one small side effect, some times the people who take the formula explode. Now that we know that, we have a few options for the company.

Option 1: We release our findings and gain worldwide support, grants, govt research contracts, basically unlimited funds to fix the flaw in the original substance until its perfect. (which tony stark did at the end of the movie in about 2 minutes)

Option 2: Create a fake terrorist threat to explain the explosions, threaten the entire united states, threaten and try to Kill Iron man just to keep the fake terrorist threat alive, and then for some reason, kidnap the president.

Sub Plot:

Tony Starks house is destroyed, the only iron man suit left is his prototype which is now destroyed and his dragging around Tennessee in the snow. That's ok..he's Tony Stark, he'll fight this battle with no suit, which is exactly what he does for the next one hour and 15 minutes while he's trying to find out a way to fix and charge his Iron Man Prototype which, by the way, can't fly very good and can't fight, cause its a prototype and not mission ready. He does a great job, sneaking around, doing his thing, he keeps calling Jarvis and the kid to see the suit charging is going, when its FINALLY up to 92% he says "that'll have to do" and he activates it remotely to come to him. NOW we're at the end of the movie, his suit is broke AGAIN..what does he do...calls Jarvis (the computer) yes, the same computer he's been talking to the ENTIRE MOVIE, and tells him to send....oh i don't know....45 MFing Iron Man suits to the rescue!!! HE HAD 45 OTHER SUIT THIS ENTIRE TIME THAT HE COULD HAVE CALLED FOR ANY TIME HE WANTED!!!! ARE YOU Fing KIDDING ME!!!!!!

Dude. It's a summer blockbuster (read: mindless entertainment) based on a comic book.

You want logic? You want the merest nod to reality? Go read a novel.

Sheesh. Some people's kids ...

sandsjames
05-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Storyline is staying true to the comic. It's always a balancing act for writers to keep the comic book base happy and make it appealing to the public who only know the movie.

ConfusedAirman
05-07-2013, 02:30 PM
I guess you are waiting for the logic of movies such as Star Trek, Thor, After Earth, and other potential blockbusters.

sandsjames
05-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Killian not supposed to be the damn Mandarin so it's NOT staying true to the comic. The Extremist story was real so I'll give it that but wasn't feeling it overall...huge letdown. Ben Kingsley acted great but that's not what I expected. Was talking about the way it ended, the way it went with the suits, etc.

Sergeant eNYgma
05-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Killian not supposed to be the damn Mandarin so it's NOT staying true to the comic. The Extremist story was real so I'll give it that but wasn't feeling it overall...huge letdown. Ben Kingsley acted great but that's not what I expected.

Next marvel movie hopefully comes more correct. Btw it's not the worse movie or even comic movie for that matter...Spidey 3, X Men 3, Blade 3, Both Ghost Riders, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin, Both Fantastic 4 movies are ALL inferior to this one.

Sergeant eNYgma
05-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Was talking about the way it ended, the way it went with the suits, etc.

O yeah that didn't make sense either...then again quite a bit made not a lick of sense either. Iron has been rather ok I thought the first was good Iron 2 and now 3 are disappointments in my book. Just how they treated Mandarin pissed me off way more then the suits, ending, etc

DocBones
05-07-2013, 03:56 PM
OK, so I haven't seen it yet. I'll wait fot it to come out on dishnetwork.

The point of the movie must have stressed the point that Tony was in a state of PTSD, after his house burned down, and his amnesia cleared just in time for his 40 something bunch to become useful.

Also, I just know that many of these not so good human copies were inserted into the Al Qeda network, amongst other terrorist groups, so that they could get close to who ever is charge of them. At this point, they exploded.

This is the way it happened, right? Man, I can so see movies without bothering to see them!

Also, this does save me $50 on the eating of the so called 'Movie Munchies'.

meatbringer
05-07-2013, 04:07 PM
OK, so I haven't seen it yet. I'll wait fot it to come out on dishnetwork.

The point of the movie must have stressed the point that Tony was in a state of PTSD, after his house burned down, and his amnesia cleared just in time for his 40 something bunch to become useful.

Also, I just know that many of these not so good human copies were inserted into the Al Qeda network, amongst other terrorist groups, so that they could get close to who ever is charge of them. At this point, they exploded.

This is the way it happened, right? Man, I can so see movies without bothering to see them!

Also, this does save me $50 on the eating of the so called 'Movie Munchies'.

Your predictions are close enough to where you don't need to waste you time or money.

PT GOD
05-08-2013, 10:22 PM

Sub Plot:

You stupid man, that was the best movie i ever seen!!! I saw it 3 times last weekend!!! You idea about the plot are stupid too!! it all made since to me!!!

AIM didn't want people to know they peoples would blow up sometimes, they needed to look legit to get the govt contract, the contract that the president would not give them, which is why they were gonna kill him and let the vice president take over!!!

Iron man knew he had suits to call bro!!!! Everybody thought he was dead and he wanted them to keep thinking that!!! So they would stop attacking his friends, his best bud just almost got blown up, in a comma, his gf almost died all cause they was after him, it was in his best intrest to let "the manderin" think he was dead.

Damn son!!! i got to explain evertying to you!!!

JD2780
05-08-2013, 10:25 PM
I enjoyed it. My 7 year old enjoyed it. Good enough for me.

sandsjames
05-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Will all the access to information from critics, people themselves have become critics almost to a fault. Sometimes movies are just movies. I can be entertained by almost anything, lame plot or not.

Banned
05-08-2013, 11:01 PM
You stupid man, that was the best movie i ever seen!!! I saw it 3 times last weekend!!! You idea about the plot are stupid too!! it all made since to me!!!

AIM didn't want people to know they peoples would blow up sometimes, they needed to look legit to get the govt contract, the contract that the president would not give them, which is why they were gonna kill him and let the vice president take over!!!

Iron man knew he had suits to call bro!!!! Everybody thought he was dead and he wanted them to keep thinking that!!! So they would stop attacking his friends, his best bud just almost got blown up, in a comma, his gf almost died all cause they was after him, it was in his best intrest to let "the manderin" think he was dead.

Damn son!!! i got to explain evertying to you!!!

This plot explanation actually makes sense.

And its pretty clear that PT God loved it - after all - he took time off from the GYM to go see it!

B1k3rBoi
05-09-2013, 01:13 AM
Did anyone catch the President saluting Lt Col Rhodes FIRST before they got on AF1? Nice!

RobotChicken
05-09-2013, 03:24 AM
:flame Glad I do not have the time to waste brain cells on that $hit you all waste money and life on....:scared

Sergeant eNYgma
05-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Did anyone catch the President saluting Lt Col Rhodes FIRST before they got on AF1? Nice!

Yes, I saw and was like "WTF"?

JD2780
05-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Yes, I saw and was like "WTF"?

He was scared of the "iron patriot "

Tak
05-09-2013, 06:34 PM
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123347215

RobotChicken
05-09-2013, 06:42 PM
:director "ACTION"!! (another bullet for the airman on the right for his eval please!) :lol:pound

Rainmaker
05-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Two thumbs up. Pepper Potts makes Rainmaker's sticker peck up.

garhkal
05-10-2013, 09:08 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed it.. Though i do wonder why he destroyed all his suits at the end and whether their destruction was complete enough so no one else could salvage them to make their own suits. Only gripe was why did he toss his chest piece into the ocean?

drc100882
05-10-2013, 09:54 PM
"Why Iron Man 3 is the worst movie ever "

Because maybe you didn't see Transformers 3? Chicks don't run around war zones in 6 inch stilettos. They just don't. And yes, that's the ONLY thing I remember from that movie.

Rainmaker
05-13-2013, 02:17 PM
"Why Iron Man 3 is the worst movie ever "

Because maybe you didn't see Transformers 3? Chicks don't run around war zones in 6 inch stilettos. They just don't. And yes, that's the ONLY thing I remember from that movie.

Paula Broadwell does.

imported_WILDJOKER5
05-13-2013, 02:42 PM
The only problem I saw with the movie was that it fell into the trilogy trap. Spidey 3, Batman 3, Pirates of the Carribean 3, Transformers 3, Xmen 3, etc all turned into love stories. The worst trouble all the heroes get into is because they are distracted by protecting a woman.