PDA

View Full Version : Air Force sex assault prevention chief charged in sex assault

ske4za
05-06-2013, 10:50 PM
http://www.stripes.com/news/air-force-sex-assault-prevention-chief-charged-in-sex-assault-1.219860

ARLINGTON, Va. — The chief of the Air Force’s sexual assault prevention and response branch was arrested this weekend and charged with sexual battery.

Lt. Col. Jeffrey Krusinski, 41, of Arlington, Va., was arrested Sunday morning, according to the Arlington police. He’s accused of approaching a woman in a parking lot and grabbing her breasts and buttocks, according to the crime report. He has been removed from his position, an Air Force spokeswoman said on condition of anonymity.

Krusinski heads up the Air Force’s sexual assault prevention and response branch, an Air Force spokeswoman confirmed.

How fitting.

From the Arlington PD website

SEXUAL BATTERY, 05/05/13, 500 block of S. 23rd Street. On May 5 at 12:35 am, a drunken male subject approached a female victim in a parking lot and grabbed her breasts and buttocks. The victim fought the suspect off as he attempted to touch her again and alerted police. Jeffrey Krusinski, 41, of Arlington, VA, was arrested and charged with sexual battery. He was held on a $5,000 unsecured bond.

edit: Didn't see the other post. That will teach me to double check!

BURAWSKI
05-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Here is another news article on it:

http://news.yahoo.com/head-u-air-forces-anti-sexual-assault-unit-223841205.html

How ironic! You would think a Lieutenant Colonel would know better. Another alcohol related incident. It probably would have looked better for him if he just received a DUI.

OtisRNeedleman
05-07-2013, 12:09 AM
YGBSM. This is the LAST person in the AF one would expect to see facing such charges. Wonder if General Welsh has had this guy standing tall in front of his desk yet. If not, he should. I certainly would. And if this guy is convicted, General Welsh should personally show this clown the door.

Seriously....during my time on active duty I went to strip clubs and had a drink or two, but never even thought of committing such acts. Just astounding.

71Fish
05-07-2013, 12:11 AM
This falls into the category of "you can't make this shit up".

technomage1
05-07-2013, 12:11 AM
YGBSM. This is the LAST person in the AF one would expect to see facing such charges. Wonder if General Welsh has had this guy standing tall in front of his desk yet. If not, he should. I certainly would. And if this guy is convicted, General Welsh should personally show this clown the door.

Seriously....during my time on active duty I went to strip clubs and had a drink or two, but never even thought of committing such acts. Just astounding.

I've never groped or been a gropee. I was wondering if I was the only one left.

VFFTSGT
05-07-2013, 12:47 AM
Here is another news article on it:

http://news.yahoo.com/head-u-air-forces-anti-sexual-assault-unit-223841205.html

How ironic! You would think a Lieutenant Colonel would know better. Another alcohol related incident. It probably would have looked better for him if he just received a DUI.

DUI's are nothing these days. You almost need one to be successful.

I wonder how long until all DUI boards at the gates are switched to Sexual Assault Boards?!

Robert F. Dorr
05-07-2013, 12:57 AM
Miserable news?

Yes.

Worth two threads?

Maybe.

KellyinAvon
05-07-2013, 12:58 AM
DUI's are nothing these days. You almost need one to be successful.

I wonder how long until all DUI boards at the gates are switched to Sexual Assault Boards?!
That is an outstanding idea. I double-dog dare you to submit that as an AF Form 1000.

technomage1
05-07-2013, 12:59 AM
[/B]
That is an outstanding idea. I double-dog dare you to submit that as an AF Form 1000.

I triple dare you to suggest making it like a CFC thermometer.

OtisRNeedleman
05-07-2013, 01:12 AM

And I'll bet it turns out to be a bullet on performance reports.

technomage1
05-07-2013, 01:26 AM
And I'll bet it turns out to be a bullet on performance reports.

Ramroded SA tracker; saved 1m assaults/year

imported_Joker76
05-07-2013, 03:13 AM
what if he was drunk, and thus not thinking clearly. Is it still his fault he groped someone?

All i'm saying is...if I woman can get drunk and "accidentally " have sex with someone then scream sexual assault and rape, why can't a man get drunk and accidentally do something he didn't mean too. Hell if anyone is to blame here its the woman he groped, what was she even doing at that place?

imported_chipotleboy
05-07-2013, 04:10 PM
His defense attorney will argue that he thought he was making a training video for new CBTs.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-07-2013, 04:54 PM
I hope they release the security camera footage of this incident.

Mcjohn1118
05-07-2013, 05:13 PM
There are times when local Judge Advocates work with local prosecutors to work a deal to turn the case over to the military. I wonder if the local JAG has made such a request in this case or said to him/herself, "HELL NO! I will not ask for this case. Not in this current climate."

SomeRandomGuy
05-07-2013, 05:57 PM
There are times when local Judge Advocates work with local prosecutors to work a deal to turn the case over to the military. I wonder if the local JAG has made such a request in this case or said to him/herself, "HELL NO! I will not ask for this case. Not in this current climate."

I have to agree with you here. JAG needs to stay out of this one. No matter what punishment he gets JAG can point the finger to civilian authorities. If they accept jurisdiction any punishment he would get would be second guessed as either too harsh (because of other events) or too lite (because of his rank).

Absinthe Anecdote
05-07-2013, 06:04 PM
I have to agree with you here. JAG needs to stay out of this one. No matter what punishment he gets JAG can point the finger to civilian authorities. If they accept jurisdiction any punishment he would get would be second guessed as either too harsh (because of other events) or too lite (because of his rank).

He is only charged with misdemeanor assault. He will probably only get a fine and do no jail time if prosecuted by the civilian authorities.

The JAG could and should charge him with conduct unbecoming.

Measure Man
05-07-2013, 06:09 PM
He is only charged with misdemeanor assault. He will probably only get a fine and do no jail time if prosecuted by the civilian authorities.

The JAG could and should charge him with conduct unbecoming.

whenever the CSAF has to go before Congress and take your ass-chewing...you probably screwed up:

http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20130507/NEWS/305070015/Pentagon-leaders-lawmakers-appalled-by-arrest-Air-Force-sexual-assault-prevention-chief

Measure Man
05-07-2013, 06:13 PM
So, this guy graduated AFA in 1994...coming up on 19 years.

imported_UncommonSense
05-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Ramroded SA tracker; saved 1m assaults/year

I have to kick this back. It's a two-part vs. a three-part bullet. You need to check your spelling before sending this up. 1m should be 1M. The "/" infers "and" so "assaults and year" are incorrect. "SA" is not an approved acronym for sexual assault. Also way too much whitespace for an individual that "ramrodded" something. Needs more meat if we are firewalling them.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-07-2013, 06:23 PM
whenever the CSAF has to go before Congress and take your ass-chewing...you probably screwed up:

http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20130507/NEWS/305070015/Pentagon-leaders-lawmakers-appalled-by-arrest-Air-Force-sexual-assault-prevention-chief

That is a great article!

My favorite passage:
Welsh’s most heated exchange Tuesday was with Sen. Kristin Gillibrand, D-N.Y., who argued that victims should be able to report sexual assaults to a trained prosecutor instead of their chain of command.

“Clearly, there is insufficient training, insufficient understanding if the man in charge for the Air Force of preventing sexual assaults is being alleged of committing sexual assault this weekend — obviously, there is a failing in training and understanding of what sexual assault is and how corrosive and damaging it is to good order and discipline,” she said.

I was watching videos from local news stations and see that Krusinski has reporters camped out at his apartment.

I’m wondering if they have put him on suicide watch because I think it is very real possibility.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Krusinski will be arraigned on Thursday, when the prosecutor will make a decision on jurisdiction — “and we’ll go from there,” Welsh said.

The 11th Wing at Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling is the Air Force’s interface with the Arlington County’s sexual assault prosecutor, Welsh said.

Welsh became agitated when Sen. Time Kaine, D-Va., asked him if the prosecutor may weigh whether Krusinski would get a fair trial when making the decision on whether the Air Force should handle the case.

“For 2012, our prosecution rate was 1 percent below the rate of the national average; our conviction rate was 3 percent above,” Welsh said. “So the idea that we don’t prosecute should not be a concern of the special prosecutor. The idea that we can’t convict as well as the local jurisdiction should not be a concern for this — if we can assure they all have the facts.”

They will have to come down hard on him.

Measure Man
05-07-2013, 06:43 PM
That is a great article!

My favorite passage:
Welsh’s most heated exchange Tuesday was with Sen. Kristin Gillibrand, D-N.Y., who argued that victims should be able to report sexual assaults to a trained prosecutor instead of their chain of command.

“Clearly, there is insufficient training, insufficient understanding if the man in charge for the Air Force of preventing sexual assaults is being alleged of committing sexual assault this weekend — obviously, there is a failing in training and understanding of what sexual assault is and how corrosive and damaging it is to good order and discipline,” she said.

I was watching videos from local news stations and see that Krusinski has reporters camped out at his apartment.

Yeah...this one was a kick to the teeth, too:

The problems are so long standing and pervasive that, at a minimum, they constitute gross negligence on the part of the leadership and actually reflect, albeit informal, countenancing of the violation of the rights of women in the service and of victims of assault, men and women.

He was basically read the riot act...and told they would watch who he appoints next, etc....going to be getting a lot of micromanaging on this now. The AF has lost all trust in the area...and this case might have further reach, seeing as how he was appointed to the positiion of SARC most high.

I’m wondering if they have put him on suicide watch because I think it is very real possibility.

I'm sure at least a visit with mental health is standard.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-07-2013, 06:48 PM
My guess. He was drinking at bar, took shenanigans outside and met unsuspecting woman who
He drunkingly groped, who used self defense on him as us taught. Still waiting to hear what this lady
Was doing out and about at 1230am.

It is a bar and restaurant district that is always bustling with activity on weekend nights.

Right before he got his ass kicked he had stumbled up to a waitress and hugged her. The waitress shrugged him off and told him to move along.

I sent an email to the Arlington County PD public affairs officer and asked if they have security camera footage of the incident and if it will be released to the public.
No reply yet.

ConfusedAirman
05-07-2013, 07:21 PM
That is a great article!

My favorite passage:

I know Welsh had to just sit there and take it but I want to ask Gillibrand just how much training she thinks all Air Force Airmen need to achieve zero sexual assaults. Certain boneheads are just never going to get it no matter how much training they get. At that point it takes a big public stick to beat the hell out of them to serve as a lesson for the next bonehead.

fufu
05-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Krusinski served as an Air Force personnel officer. He supervised five people in the sexual assault prevention office, according to Ismirle. Prior to the Pentagon post he had held, he was a force squadron commander at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla., and served as deputy group commander for Joint Base in Balad, Iraq, between November 2009 and May 2010, according to his online resume.

Krusinski’s resume also noted he attended the U.S. Air Force Academy from 1990 to 1994, where he received a psychology degree, and has post graduate degrees from St. Mary’s University and U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology.

Something just aint right at the AFA. They are fostering this culture of sexual misconduct. IDK what exactly is going on, but it isn't good.

Measure Man
05-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Wrong place and wrong time while drunk. More of an alcohol incident it seems.

My wife has the theory that he took this SARC job because he gets off on that stuff....or after being in the job and reading all the details and all that, found out he gets turned on by sexual assault...talks about it everday, been thinking about it and finally had enough alcohol to lose his inhibitions.

Interesting theory...

VFFTSGT
05-07-2013, 07:38 PM
It is a bar and restaurant district that is always bustling with activity on weekend nights.

Right before he got his ass kicked he had stumbled up to a waitress and hugged her. The waitress shrugged him off and told him to move along.

I sent an email to the Arlington County PD public affairs officer and asked if they have security camera footage of the incident and if it will be released to the public.
No reply yet.

So, what you are saying is this story might be getting blown out of proportion?

Absinthe Anecdote
05-07-2013, 07:46 PM
So, what you are saying is this story might be getting blown out of proportion?

No, I’m not saying that at all.

It is a big story because what his job was.

If he had been a plumber who was drunk and then got punched in the face for feeling up a stranger on the street we wouldn’t be talking about it.

But that isn’t the case.

My guess is that the guy is an alcoholic who’s problem just manifested itself in a very high profile way.

Measure Man
05-07-2013, 07:58 PM
With gurney stuff like this me and my wife first wonder if anything happened in first 19+ years.
Surely something must have happened in all those years, a pattern, that's what mental
Illness looks at. These supposed isolated incidents would be odd in a vacuum. Maybe
He had enough of enlisted busted for pt and became a martyr.

Claim the position caused him to develop a sex addiction...reading all the salacious details, etc. 3 month therapy, PCS, retire in a year and get 40% disability.

imported_chipotleboy
05-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Something just aint right at the AFA. They are fostering this culture of sexual misconduct. IDK what exactly is going on, but it isn't good.

It's not just the USAFA, but also the AFIT in-residence IDE grads. Both Krusinski and Wilkerson both went to AFIT for their in-residence IDE program. (IDE is PME for Majors)

I was at AFIT as a student when SecAF Roche directed the creation of the in-residence IDE/SDE program at AFIT. Talk about a give-away. These folks completed a dumbed-down version of an AFIT MS degree (only one-year vs 18 months, and didn't have to complete a theses), had their hands held in a PME seminar program, and got credit for completing "IDE in residence". Their peers who completed PME by correspondence while doing the full-up 18 month AFIT Thesis MS program only got "IDE by correspondence" credit. So for less work, they got a bigger career boost.

When the IDE students showed up, they definitely arrived with a sense of entitlement. You could tell they were just waiting to spring the "If I don't get my way, I'm complaining to my sponsor" threat on the faculty. Normal AFIT students expected to work their butts off. The IDE students were a bit too concerned about their golf handicap.

Later when I joined the faculty, I discovered that the IDE students were our biggest disciplinary problem. We had several students get expelled for cheating...almost unheard of among our regular students.

Fortunately, the IDE program at AFIT has been significantly scaled back. It should be eliminated. And I'd like to see Wilkerson and Krusinski get their degrees rescinded for their misconduct bringing shame onto the Institute.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-07-2013, 09:56 PM
With gurney stuff like this me and my wife first wonder if anything happened in first 19+ years.
Surely something must have happened in all those years, a pattern, that's what mental
Illness looks at. These supposed isolated incidents would be odd in a vacuum. Maybe
He had enough of enlisted busted for pt and became a martyr.

This drama is still in the early stages; I wouldn’t be surprised if skeletons start coming out of his closet.

drc100882
05-07-2013, 10:23 PM

“If this allegation is proved true, this was not someone who understood what this job is about. I will be watching very carefully who is selected to replace Lt. Col. Krusinski because I think it is one of those times when you’ll be able to send a message, and I think it’s important we do it.”

I'll bet the replacement will have a vagina.

"The Defense Department has determined there were 26,000 cases of sexual assault and rape in fiscal 2012 but only 3,374 were reported, Gillibrand said."

Did I miss some kind of "have you been sexually assaulted but didn't tell anyone?" survey? Where did those stats come from? How many of those are a result of drinking - by both people? Interesting...

Edit: Yeah, apparently I DID miss that survey...

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123347502

""We are not satisfied with where we are at today," Army Maj. Gen. Gary S. Patton said in an interview before the release to Congress of the Annual Report on Sexual Assault in the Military."

Great timing... no mention of SARC of the Year.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-07-2013, 10:32 PM
“If this allegation is proved true, this was not someone who understood what this job is about. I will be watching very carefully who is selected to replace Lt. Col. Krusinski because I think it is one of those times when you’ll be able to send a message, and I think it’s important we do it.”

"The Defense Department has determined there were 26,000 cases of sexual assault and rape in fiscal 2012 but only 3,374 were reported, Gillibrand said."

Did I miss some kind of "have you been sexually assaulted but didn't tell anyone?" survey? Where did those stats come from? How many of those are a result of drinking - by both people? Interesting...

You are part of the problem!

Why did you have to say that?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to the 100 women thread.

drc100882
05-07-2013, 10:36 PM
You are part of the problem!

Why did you have to say that?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to the 100 women thread.

Dude you know it's coming (Lackland...). And I'm not part of the problem. I contributed to the 100 women thread too... If I was part of the problem I'd have reported that thread and had all your asses in sexual assault sensitivity training or something like that. :)

BURAWSKI
05-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Not saying this was actually what happened but I am hearing some speculation that this guy may have been set up by others he previously disciplined. The incident occurred in a remote area where there were no witnesses. It is a classic she said he said. It just strikes me funny that this guy would be so dumb to have done this not to mention the huge black eye it puts on the Air Force.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Not saying this was actually what happened but I am hearing some speculation that this guy may have been set up by others he previously disciplined. The incident occurred in a remote area where there were no witnesses. It is a classic she said he said. It just strikes me funny that this guy would be so dumb to have done this not to menion the huge black eye it puts on the Air Force.

That is not what the papers are reporting... There were many witnesses; did you read any of the newspaper reports?

drc100882
05-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Not saying this was actually what happened but I am hearing some speculation that this guy may have been set up by others he previously disciplined. The incident occurred in a remote area where there were no witnesses. It is a classic she said he said. It just strikes me funny that this guy would be so dumb to have done this not to menion the huge black eye it puts on the Air Force.

So do you think it was a setup or do you think he was dumb enough to do this?

Also, it was in Crystal City... hardly remote. As someone mentioned earlier, we eagerly await the release of the security camera video which undoubtedly exists.

I think the marks on his face clearly say it's not just a she said he said situation.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-07-2013, 11:20 PM
He must have been at one of these places, near arrest location:

Crystal City Restaurant 422 23RD St S

Freddie's Beach Bar & Restaurant 555 23rd St S

Crystal City Sports Pub 529 23rd St S

I'm pretty sure Freddie's is a gay bar...

Absinthe Anecdote
05-07-2013, 11:29 PM
It happened on the sidewalk in front of Urban Thai restaurant, right next door to Freddie's...

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/05/jeff-krusinski-air-force-officer-charged-with-sexual-battery-88429.html

Watch this video...

BURAWSKI
05-07-2013, 11:40 PM
You may be right but we haven't heard the whole story yet. I'm hoping a thorough investigation is done on this. Also I am curious to see what the Lieutenant Colonel's statement is. It looks like the media has publicized one side of the story. There is always two sides.

OtisRNeedleman
05-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Dude you know it's coming (Lackland...). And I'm not part of the problem. I contributed to the 100 women thread too... If I was part of the problem I'd have reported that thread and had all your asses in sexual assault sensitivity training or something like that. :)

LOL Do you think they'd bring us retirees back on active duty to take the training?

Absinthe Anecdote
05-08-2013, 12:14 AM
You may be right but we haven't heard the whole story yet. I'm hoping a thorough investigation is done on this. Also I am curious to see what the Lieutenant Colonel's statement is. It looks like the media has publicized one side of the story. There is always two sides.

Just what in the hell do you expect his side of the story to be?

He was stumbling down the street hugging and groping total strangers.

BURAWSKI
05-08-2013, 12:36 AM
I have no expectations.

Capt Alfredo
05-08-2013, 12:53 AM
He must have been at one of these places, near arrest location:

Crystal City Restaurant 422 23RD St S

Freddie's Beach Bar & Restaurant 555 23rd St S

Crystal City Sports Pub 529 23rd St S

Crystal City Restaurant is a titty bar. Maybe he thought his dollars ought to make it rain.

http://www.crystalcityrestaurant.com/

Absinthe Anecdote
05-08-2013, 01:29 AM
Lots of trannies at Freddie's; maybe the woman who punched him out was really a guy in drag.

mindurian
05-08-2013, 02:01 AM
I have seen hundreds of people drunk and never seen anybody do anything like this...sure the alcohol let down his defenses but he has a problem with sexual aggression. It wasn't caused by the alcohol.

wxjumper
05-08-2013, 02:06 AM
His mug shot is priceless. You can see the moment where he realizes his career is shot.

tiredretiredE7
05-08-2013, 02:31 AM
So nice, we get to comment twice. Hopefully his commander is held accountable.

General Welsh has not fired anybody for hiring this guy so I bet General Welsh will get canned within a week.

DWWSWWD
05-08-2013, 01:26 PM
I know Welsh had to just sit there and take it but I want to ask Gillibrand just how much training she thinks all Air Force Airmen need to achieve zero sexual assaults. Interesting point. I had this discussion with my CC once after we all were publicly ass-chewed over an Airman's DUI. The Airman wasn't even there, he was in the hospital. Anywho, I said, "Colonel, this is the first DUI in the history of this organization. At what point are we doing good? What's your number? Because it will never be zero."

mindurian
05-08-2013, 01:46 PM
I read the civilian authorities aren't giving the case to military jurisdiction. So I don't think there is anything the military can do to him. He can probably delay the legal proceedings until he has 20 years, he should be working on submitting his retirement papers right now, they may be able to retire him as a major if he is convicted before retirement. I don't know what happens if he is given a jail sentence before he can actually retire but being a first time offender for a relatively simple assault case shouldn't result in much of a sentence.

ConfusedAirman
05-08-2013, 02:35 PM
I read the civilian authorities aren't giving the case to military jurisdiction. So I don't think there is anything the military can do to him. He can probably delay the legal proceedings until he has 20 years, he should be working on submitting his retirement papers right now, they may be able to retire him as a major if he is convicted before retirement. I don't know what happens if he is given a jail sentence before he can actually retire but being a first time offender for a relatively simple assault case shouldn't result in much of a sentence.

Contrary to popular opinion, both the civilian authorities and the military authorities can prosecute him for the same crime. There is an exception to the "double jeopardy" rule that allows different sovereignties to charge individuals for the same crime. In this case the two sovereignties would be the county/state and the federal government via court-martial. Typically such instances only happen when an individual is acquitted by the first sovereignty (LA officers who beat Rodney King were acquitted by the state and then tried by federal) but it may be possible that the second sovereignty could prosecute even if convicted by the first.

Mcjohn1118
05-08-2013, 02:41 PM

From how I understand it, you get to retire at the highest grade you served "Honorably." If there is no conviction by the time he retires and no admin action was taken as well, then he would, in theory, be able to retire as a Lt Col.

mindurian
05-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Contrary to popular opinion, both the civilian authorities and the military authorities can prosecute him for the same crime. There is an exception to the "double jeopardy" rule that allows different sovereignties to charge individuals for the same crime. In this case the two sovereignties would be the county/state and the federal government via court-martial. Typically such instances only happen when an individual is acquitted by the first sovereignty (LA officers who beat Rodney King were acquitted by the state and then tried by federal) but it may be possible that the second sovereignty could prosecute even if convicted by the first.

I know about this exception, also used in civil rights cases, and it doesn't make a lot of sense...don't think it would apply in this case as there would not be military interest where the crime was committed, unless the victim was military. Anyway the guy would have to be acquitted which is unlikely, he can probably just plead guilty and get a trivial sentence, might have to spend a few days in jail, but I would be really surprised if prison would be a punishment for groping in civilian court when the guy has no other record. I bet the JAG is working on seeing if he did anything like this previously to a military member.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-08-2013, 03:33 PM
I found one article that claimed he was in Freddies Beach Bar before the incident occurred.

I do not know what they based this on because they reference a police report that makes no mention of Freddies. http://www.policymic.com/articles/40155/jeff-krusinski-air-force-officer-in-charge-of-preventing-sexual-assault-charged-with-sexual-battery

However, according to WJLA news the incident occurred on the sidewalk right beside Freddies in front of the Urban Thai restaurant. WJLA cites the statements of several witnesses (See the earlier posted video). http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/05...ery-88429.html

After being punched in the face, Krusinski ran away and was apprehended by police in a parking lot a block and a half away.

There are some stories reporting the inciddent as occuring in a parking lot but I believe those are in error; I think the police found him in a parking lot.

According to Freddies website there was a drag show there earlier that night. http://www.freddiesbeachbar.com/events.htm

What are the odds he was grouping a transgendered female who got pissed off and kicked his ass?

Measure Man
05-08-2013, 03:34 PM

I'm guessing they'll bring in some PhD civilian sex assault "expert" to build a complete program from the ground up.

It willl start with the assumption that women never lie about being assaulted, and there will some kind of built in protection for alleging sex assault similar to the Whistleblowers Act or some kind of protected communication for victims.

Some innocent men will probably go down, and that is a shame for them...

Absinthe Anecdote
05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
The Commonwealth's Attorney's Office for Arlington and Falls Church will proceed with the the sexual battery case against Air Force Lt. Col. Jeffrey Krusinski rather than hand it over to the military for prosecution.

http://arlington-va.patch.com/articles/sexual-battery-case-against-air-force-colonel-will-be-prosecuted-in-arlington

Measure Man
05-08-2013, 04:33 PM
The Commonwealth's Attorney's Office for Arlington and Falls Church will proceed with the the sexual battery case against Air Force Lt. Col. Jeffrey Krusinski rather than hand it over to the military for prosecution.

http://arlington-va.patch.com/articles/sexual-battery-case-against-air-force-colonel-will-be-prosecuted-in-arlington

Lucky for him.

Rainmaker
05-08-2013, 04:35 PM
SECDEF tweeted: (not leaked)

#SecDef #Hagel outraged, disgusted over arrest of Air Force sexual assault prevention chief on charges of sexual battery.

9:18 PM - 6 May 2013

Call Rainmaker old fashioned But, it seems beneath the Office of the Secretary of Defense to be "tweeting".

SomeRandomGuy
05-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Call Rainmaker old fashioned But, it seems beneath the Office of the Secretary of Defense to be "tweeting".

I like it. In fact I think we need to see if we should start a twitter war with some other countries just for fun.

SECDEF: Just sent B2 with live Nuke for a practice run over N. Korea #LoveYouShortTime

Absinthe Anecdote
05-08-2013, 04:43 PM

I’m inclined to agree, it opens one up to a public relations nightmare if you tweet the wrong thing. Although, I’m pretty sure Hagel’s twitter account is handled by a public affairs person.

MACHINE666
05-08-2013, 05:09 PM
http://www.stripes.com/news/air-force-sex-assault-prevention-chief-charged-in-sex-assault-1.219860

How fitting.

From the Arlington PD website

edit: Didn't see the other post. That will teach me to double check!

I find the irony of this article to be most amusing (but not the act of sexual assault).

SomeRandomGuy
05-08-2013, 06:33 PM
This even made the front page of CNN. I actually feel kind of bad for this guy. If what he is being accused of is true he definitly should have known better. With that being said though all he is being accused of is groping someone. We have no idea what that means. He is getting almost the same amount of publicity as the guy who held three women captive for 10 years.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/07/us/pentagon-sexual-assault-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

EDIT: The other day in the CNN comments I saw something kidn of funny. One of the posters said that 99.9999% of the military are good. Another poster countered that as of right now there are 1,468,274 people in the active military. If 99.9999% are good that means that that 1.46 people in the military is bad. Since we just caught him it looks like we have solved the problem. We just got rid of the .0001% that likes to rape people. Who knew he was hiding out as the commander in charge of SARC.

RobotChicken
05-09-2013, 03:19 AM
:hat Paybacks coming too 'leadership' near you soon!!! :nono:lol:behindsofa

technomage1
05-09-2013, 05:44 AM

He won't get the kid glove treatment nor can his buddies save him now. What is interesting is that the question was even asked to begin with. Another news source (USA today) wrote that the prosecutor routinely dealt with miitary so the request itself was unusual.

I'm not worried abut him receiving a fair trial given his location. However, as the fallout from the overturning of the conviction in the Aviano case continues, I do worry about service members overseas. Will the local authorities still be willing to turn over cases? Most places I think would be fine, but I can see politics, distrust of foreigners, and corrupt legal systems being a problem in others.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-09-2013, 11:53 AM
He won't get the kid glove treatment nor can his buddies save him now. What is interesting is that the question was even asked to begin with. Another news source (USA today) wrote that the prosecutor routinely dealt with miitary so the request itself was unusual.

I'm not worried abut him receiving a fair trial given his location. However, as the fallout from the overturning of the conviction in the Aviano case continues, I do worry about service members overseas. Will the local authorities still be willing to turn over cases? Most places I think would be fine, but I can see politics, distrust of foreigners, and corrupt legal systems being a problem in others.

He is only charged with misdemeanor sexual battery so it isn’t like he was facing anything too stiff to begin with.

Actually, I think he got swifter justice from the tranny who punched his lights out.

RobotChicken
05-09-2013, 05:44 PM
:director "Down boy"!!! :clock

drc100882
05-09-2013, 05:53 PM
OMG, she's hot!!!

http://www.afgsc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123346119

Seems like this would be something the AF would invest good money into... since we can't pre-crime the aggressors, it would make sense for the AF to teach us how to defend ourselves. The other services train in hand-to-hand combatives. I've only learned how to butt-stroke a dummy with my rifle while yelling really loud. Interesting idea really...

drc100882
05-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Good idea. Maybe in a rape situation we could yell out, "USING DEADLY FORCE!" It always seemed to work in exercise scenarios.

In a rape situation I'd yell out "USING DEADLY FORCE" while drawing my pistol. Offbase of course. Don't gotta shoot someone to scare the piss out of them.

SomeRandomGuy
05-09-2013, 06:00 PM
Seems like this would be something the AF would invest good money into... since we can't pre-crime the aggressors, it would make sense for the AF to teach us how to defend ourselves. The other services train in hand-to-hand combatives. I've only learned how to butt-stroke a dummy with my rifle while yelling really loud. Interesting idea really...

Good idea. Maybe in a rape situation we could yell out, "USING DEADLY FORCE!" It always seemed to work in exercise scenarios.

drc100882
05-09-2013, 06:06 PM

In a rape situation I'd yell out "USING DEADLY FORCE" while drawing my pistol. Offbase of course. Don't gotta shoot someone to scare the piss out of them.

JD2780
05-09-2013, 06:37 PM

In 2007 the Air Staff put out a memo saying qualified combatives instructors werent allowed to teach combatives anymore because there were to many injuries. I can say, i had fewer injuries in my combatives classes than injuries coming from PT being ran by folks with a 2 day class.

Its silly.

20+Years
05-09-2013, 06:57 PM
Watch this dude lawyer up hard. Whats the chance he can buy his way out of a civilian conviction?

JD2780
05-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Enlisted silly, officer serious.

Seriously out of touch with reality!!

Dickie
05-09-2013, 07:05 PM
In 2007 the Air Staff put out a memo saying qualified combatives instructors werent allowed to teach combatives anymore because there were to many injuries. I can say, i had fewer injuries in my combatives classes than injuries coming from PT being ran by folks with a 2 day class.

Its silly.

Standard AF ops. Leadership is so conerned about us being "fit to fight" but not knowing how. When the AF wants to spend a little bit more than $20 every 5-10 years to remind me that I have to actually carry a weapon. I think we might be halfway where we as an Air Force, need to be.

JD2780
05-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Standard AF ops. Leadership is so conerned about us being "fit to fight" but not knowing how. When the AF wants to spend a little bit more than $20 every 5-10 years to remind me that I have to actually carry a weapon. I think we might be halfway where we as an Air Force, need to be.

My unit had paid to have the guy who first developed the Marine Corp martial arts program fly out to Hawaii and teach us what's called L.I.N.E combatives. Then we had to go through the advanced program then through the instructor program. Heck we even had a cop from Hickam come and take the class just so they could have an instructor as well. It was a ball buster.

Of course 2 yrs later the AF says its too violent. Of course it's violent, I'm training to kill somebody. That's when I realized how much of a REMF mentality the AF really had while spouting this warrior ethos and creed crap.

Measure Man
05-09-2013, 08:11 PM
what use does 99%of AF need with a weapon

Self-defense and to oppose tyranny?

Measure Man
05-09-2013, 08:22 PM
My unit had paid to have the guy who first developed the Marine Corp martial arts program fly out to Hawaii and teach us what's called L.I.N.E combatives. Then we had to go through the advanced program then through the instructor program. Heck we even had a cop from Hickam come and take the class just so they could have an instructor as well. It was a ball buster.

Of course 2 yrs later the AF says its too violent. Of course it's violent, I'm training to kill somebody. That's when I realized how much of a REMF mentality the AF really had while spouting this warrior ethos and creed crap.

So, when Lt. General Curtis LeMay took over the Strategic Air Command (SAC) in 1949, he decided to implement a physical training program for bomber crews that included a Japanese-designed mix of Kodokan judo, Shotokan karate, and Tomiki aikido.

In 1952, Air Training Command (ATC) took over the Strategic Air Command program, and until 1966, Stead Air Force Base in Reno, Nevada, was the Air Force's Combative Measures (Judo) course. The US Air Force Survival School history acknowledges that the "Combative Measures course was extremely successful but, in an effort to reduce aircrew training time [during the Vietnam buildup] and to reduce spending, it was dropped from the [Survival School] course."

read more: http://ejmas.com/jnc/jncart_aircrew_1100.htm

Absinthe Anecdote
05-09-2013, 08:34 PM
I like the idea of self-defense training; however, it should only provided to female airmen.

It doesn’t make sense to train men how to be more effective assaulters and rapists.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-09-2013, 08:38 PM
July trial set for Jeffrey Krusinski, Air Force officer accused of sexual battery
By Ian Shapira,
Thursday, May 9, 3:37 PM

An Arlington County judge Thursday set a July trial date for an Air Force officer accused of groping a woman in a Northern Virginia parking lot.
Lt. Col. Jeffrey Krusinski, 41, who had been the chief of the Air Force’s sexual-assault prevention branch, is charged with sexual battery. Police said he was drunk when he approached a woman in a Crystal City parking lot Sunday and grabbed her breasts and buttocks.

Krusinski’s arrest came as the Pentagon reported that there has been a surge in the number of military personnel who are victims of sexual assault and related crimes.

Krusinski’s trial is set for July 18 on the misdemeanor count, which carries a maximum punishment of a $2,500 fine and a year in jail. During his Thursday arraignment, his attorney, Sheryl Shane, asked for additional time to find and question witnesses, but Judge Richard J. McCue declined the request.

Krusinski did not answer reporters’ questions as he left the courthouse. Shane and Assistant Arlington County Commonwealth’s Attorney Cari Steele declined to comment after the hearing.

Krusinski was removed from his position after his arrest, an Air Force spokeswoman has said.

Check out the lawyer he went with: http://www.sherylshanelaw.com/

Does anyone know how to tell if a lawyer is "high powered"? Is there a rating system?

Absinthe Anecdote
05-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Air Force sexual battery highlights growing problem in military

Several days after the incident happened in front of Freddie’s Beach Bar in Crystal City, the owner, Freddie Lutz, is speaking out.

I think it’s unfortunate,” says Lutz. “Sometimes when people are drinking… it’s hard to say what goes through their heads.”

Lt. Col. Krusinski is the man at the center of it all.

Lutz says Krusinski initially tried to grab one of his servers on the street before police say the drunken 41 year old groped a woman on the cell phone on the sidewalk. He tried to touch her again when she fought back, and by the looks of Krusinski’s mug shot, she fought hard.

“I think that’s a great stand for any woman. That’s what we should do. That’s why we carry mace,” says Haven Wynne.

An acquaintance of the victim says the girl, who lives in Arlington and is in her mid-twenties, is doing OK. But the case is highlighting a growing and ugly problem in the military.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/05/air-force-sexual-battery-highlights-growing-problem-in-military-88480.html#ixzz2Spb5Xi1R

Absinthe Anecdote
05-09-2013, 09:05 PM
In bar, ok, outside bar, crime.

There are people on WTOP saying it was a transgendered female but that article doesn't say.

I looked at Freddies website and saw that they had a drag show that night, so it is a real possibility.

CYBERFX1024
05-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Why is it that the Air Force want to be "Warriors" and want to have a "Warrior Ethos" but fail to provide the proper training? Then wonder why women don't get woman complain about not getting defense training.
In the Marine Corps it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman, a infantry man to a member of the band. We are all taught MCMAP (Close Combat) training. So why can't other services like the Air Force do that? Get away from planning that BBQ and teach airman how to protect themselves.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Why is it that the Air Force want to be "Warriors" and want to have a "Warrior Ethos" but fail to provide the proper training . Then wonder why women get don't have self defense training.
In the Marine Corps it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman, a infantry man to a member of the band. We all taught MCMAP (Close Combat) training. So why can't other services like the Air Force do that? Get away from planning that BBQ and teach airman how to protect themselves.

STFU Jarhead!

BBQs and baking cupcakes are what the mission is all about.

drc100882
05-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Why is it that the Air Force want to be "Warriors" and want to have a "Warrior Ethos" but fail to provide the proper training? Then wonder why women don't get woman complain about not getting defense training.
In the Marine Corps it doesn't matter if you are a man or a woman, a infantry man to a member of the band. We are all taught MCMAP (Close Combat) training. So why can't other services like the Air Force do that? Get away from planning that BBQ and teach airman how to protect themselves.

Is learning how to low crawl not warrior training? Is learning how to tell an Afghan how to stop without offending him with my hand signals NOT warrior training? Is learning how to perform the wedge formation while walking through the woods NOT WARRIOR TRAINING?!?! My airman's creed says I AM a warrior. Therefore, I am.

I think you're crazy. Or we've been lied to.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Marines are warriors, we are 99% support.

edit: I am 100% retired.

How often do Marines get beat up by cross dressers?

technomage1
05-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Look what ole Tak found

http://epwsgdp1.courts.state.va.us/gdcourts/nameSearch.do

Wow we can follow the case from the comfort of our own homes!

CYBERFX1024
05-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Marines are warriors, we are 99% support.
edit: I am 100% retired.
True. But nothing stops knowing basic self defense techniques.

edit: I am a 100% not retired but still a GS

Measure Man
05-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Bombshell, This person taking him to court took another to court for same thing.
At least it seems with my small investigative skills

It gives plantiff...then I seached the name and found the same person just pressed charges for the same thing on someone else

It gives plantiff...then I seached the name and found the same person just pressed charges for the same thing on someone else

Gammell is the arresting officer, Columbo.

Measure Man
05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20130509/NEWS/305090042/Trial-date-set-USAF-officer-accused-groping-woman

“This is just a misdemeanor case, not a felony, and a lot of focus is on him. It’s almost like he is a pawn in a chess game.”

The arrest came as an embarrassment to the Air Force, already under fire from lawmakers and victims’ advocates who have accused the service of being lenient on sexual offenders.

In February, Lt. Gen. Craig Franklin overturned the sexual assault conviction of Lt. Col. James Wilkerson, a fighter pilot and former inspector general at Aviano Air Base, Italy. Franklin selected the jury that returned the guilty verdict in the case, and he dismissed the conviction despite a recommendation by his judge advocate that it stand.

Air Force leaders took a battering from members of the Senate Armed Services Committee Tuesday, the same day the military announced sexual assaults were up in 2012.

Reminds me of our First Shirt in Korea a little...anyone who got in trouble over the weekend would race to be first in line at his office in the morning. He was always pretty fair with the first few, but after 4 or 5 guys he'd get pissed off at the stupidity and start really hammering people...if you didn't get seen until after 9 am you were toast.

Krusinski is sometime after lunch...on Tuesday.

Greg
05-09-2013, 10:23 PM
How often do Marines get beat up by cross dressers?

You'd be surprised. Well, maybe not, but there's usually alcohol involved.

Measure Man
05-09-2013, 10:35 PM
Damn, thought it read plaintiff.

Well, there is no plaintiff in a criminal trial, plaintiffs are in civil court.

It read "complainant"...but looking at some previous articles, gammell was the officer that made the arrest, so I'm just reckoning he becomes the "complainant for the people" in criminal trial.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/military-could-learn-from-cops-in-sexual-assault-cases/2013/05/09/2b185ccc-b8a1-11e2-b94c-b684dda07add_story_1.html

drc100882
05-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Looking at his picture I can just see the shame in his eyes...I couldn't imagine having to go into an office every single day from now until the trial knowing this is out there... Drunk people do stupid things, but it's so hard to not laugh when I see the picture.

Measure Man
05-09-2013, 10:57 PM
Looking at his picture I can just see the shame in his eyes...I couldn't imagine having to go into an office every single day from now until the trial knowing this is out there... Drunk people do stupid things, but it's so hard to not laugh when I see the picture.

For quite awhile now, I've been interested in how these guys bounce back in life...I'm thinking of writing a Men's self-help book about it.

Measure Man
05-09-2013, 11:02 PM
http://www.militarycorruption.com/krusinski2.htm

Rough night, for sure.

Measure Man
05-09-2013, 11:03 PM

For quite awhile now, I've been interested in how these guys bounce back in life...I'm thinking of writing a Men's self-help book about it.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-10-2013, 01:15 AM
http://www.militarycorruption.com/krusinski2.htm

That almost sounds like they took that story from the discussion in this forum.

Although the Washington Post story did quote that waitress who said he likes sausages when he drinks.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-10-2013, 02:00 AM
hopefully now me,Im all over the place on this digging

You should start looking here: http://freddiesbeachbar.com/index.htm
http://a2.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/67/b56c9d0c5c3001ac9b41bae326777bb0/l.jpg

Absinthe Anecdote
05-10-2013, 02:05 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/p480x480/246532_495913487092705_70529517_n.jpg

Absinthe Anecdote
05-10-2013, 02:24 AM
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6085/6072586311_bcc68f0f9f_z.jpg

http://www.arlnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Jeffrey-Krusinski.jpg

Absinthe Anecdote
05-10-2013, 02:37 AM
http://vimeo.com/20939013

Measure Man
05-10-2013, 02:48 AM
Im not buying the tranny talk, the police report said woman.

Yeah, I agree...wild speculation at best.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-10-2013, 02:49 AM
I heard someone say it on WTOP radio the other day but I've haven't seen it anywhere else.

Banned
05-10-2013, 04:20 AM
Magic Sky Man has decreed that a woman impregnated by rape has been given a gift from Magic Sky Man - a new baby who can be taught to walk the path of the Invisible Hand and learn the mysteries and wonders of the free market.

This baby of course is not fit to be given any government assistance. Until he turns 18 of course, then he can join the military, and fight Magic Sky Man's wars against the hideous Eastern hordes.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-10-2013, 02:56 PM
I wish him the very best.

Krusinski or Joe’s Magic Skyman?

Tak
05-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Krusinski or Joe’s Magic Skyman?

Jeffrey...

SomeRandomGuy
05-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Jeffrey...

Wait? Magic Sky man's first name is Jeffrey?

Measure Man
05-10-2013, 04:20 PM

That's what his Dad named him.

sandsjames
05-10-2013, 04:20 PM

Are we sure it's not Geoffrey? Always get confused on the spelling.

meatbringer
05-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Magic Sky Man has decreed that a woman impregnated by rape has been given a gift from Magic Sky Man - a new baby who can be taught to walk the path of the Invisible Hand and learn the mysteries and wonders of the free market.

This baby of course is not fit to be given any government assistance. Until he turns 18 of course, then he can join the military, and fight Magic Sky Man's wars against the hideous Eastern hordes.

Dude, Magic Sky Man must of really had it in for those three chicks that were abducted for ten years. I wonder what crazy scheme Magic Sky Man has going for the thousands of children who will starve to death today.

sandsjames
05-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Dude, Magic Sky Man must of really had it in for those three chicks that were abducted for ten years. I wonder what crazy scheme Magic Sky Man has going for the thousands of children who will starve to death today.

So you'd prefer a God that controls everyone's actions?

Absinthe Anecdote
05-10-2013, 06:20 PM

You reminded me of a passage from the book, Catch 22 by Joesph Heller:

'And don't tell me God works in mysterious ways,' Yossarian continued, hurtling on over her
objection. 'There's nothing so mysterious about it. He's not working at all. He's playing. Or else
He's forgotten all about us. That's the kind of God you people talk about - a country bumpkin, a
clumsy, bungling, brainless, conceited, uncouth hayseed.

Good God, how much reverence can you have for a Supreme Being who finds it necessary to include such phenomena as phlegm and tooth
decay in His divine system of creation? What in the world was running through that warped, evil,
scatological mind of His when He robbed old people of the power to control their bowel
movements? Why in the world did He ever create pain?'

'Pain?' Lieutenant Scheisskopf's wife pounced upon the word victoriously. 'Pain is a useful
symptom. Pain is a warning to us of bodily dangers.'

'And who created the dangers?' Yossarian demanded. He laughed caustically. 'Oh, He was really
being charitable to us when He gave us pain! Why couldn't He have used a doorbell instead to
notify us, or one of His celestial choirs? Or a system of blue-and-red neon tubes right in the middle
of each person's forehead. Any jukebox manufacturer worth his salt could have done that. Why
couldn't He?'

'People would certainly look silly walking around with red neon tubes in the middle of their
foreheads.'

'They certainly look beautiful now writhing in agony or stupefied with morphine, don't they? What
a colossal, immortal blunderer!

When you consider the opportunity and power He had to really do a job, and then look at the stupid, ugly little mess He made of it instead, His sheer incompetence is almost staggering. It's obvious He never met a payroll. Why, no self-respecting businessman would
hire a bungler like Him as even a shipping clerk!'

Lieutenant Scheisskopf's wife had turned ashen in disbelief and was ogling him with alarm. 'You'd
better not talk that way about Him, honey,' she warned him reprovingly in a low and hostile voice.
'He might punish you.'

'Isn't He punishing me enough?' Yossarian snorted resentfully. 'You know, we mustn't let Him get
away with it. Oh, no, we certainly mustn't let Him get away scot free for all the sorrow He's caused
us. Someday I'm going to make Him pay. I know when. On the Judgment Day. Yes, That's the day
I'll be close enough to reach out and grab that little yokel by His neck and -'

'Stop it! Stop it!' Lieutenant Scheisskopf's wife screamed suddenly, and began beating him
ineffectually about the head with both fists. 'Stop it!'

Yossarian ducked behind his arm for protection while she slammed away at him in feminine fury
for a few seconds, and then he caught her determinedly by the wrists and forced her gently back
down on the bed. 'What the hell are you getting so upset about?' he asked her bewilderedly in a tone
of contrite amusement. 'I thought you didn't believe in God.'

'I don't,' she sobbed, bursting violently into tears. 'But the God I don't believe in is a good God, a
just God, a merciful God. He's not the mean and stupid God you make Him out to be.'

Yossarian laughed and turned her arms loose. 'Let's have a little more religious freedom between
us,' he proposed obligingly. 'You don't believe in the God you want to, and I won't believe in the
God I want to. Is that a deal?'

meatbringer
05-10-2013, 06:30 PM
Magic Sky Man is a dick. He gave me wisdom teeth! What the hell were those for? They just hurt and I had to have them ripped out. Jerk. Intelligent design my ass!

meatbringer
05-10-2013, 06:54 PM
What if I was born and raised on the other side of the planet a couple hundred of years ago and never heard of Magic Sky Man? What If everyone around me had always worshipped the Magic Underground Man? When I died, would Magic Sky Man punish me for all eternity for not worshipping him, even though I've never heard of him? That's not fair...

SomeRandomGuy
05-10-2013, 07:05 PM
What if I was born and raised on the other side of the planet a couple hundred of years ago and never heard of Magic Sky Man? What If everyone around me had always worshipped the Magic Underground Man? When I died, would Magic Sky Man punish me for all eternity for not worshipping him, even though I've never heard of him? That's not fair...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_medq8nECrw1rlzfo2o1_500.png

Absinthe Anecdote
05-10-2013, 07:06 PM

He will not punish you but re-incarnate you and send you to the Air Force Academy to let you rise to the rank of Lt Col.

Then he will spring a trap for you involving that Demon Rum and a possible transgendered female that you won’t be able to keep your drunken little mitts off of.

You get mildly beaten by the young lady and thoroughly embarrassed in the news media and utterly disgraced in front of your peers.

Then you’d be given a chance to turn him when you are at the lowest point in your life.

If you still reject him, then you will get the flames.

BISSBOSS
05-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Has anyone read this yet?

http://www.jqpublic-blog.com/?p=383

It is (IMHO) Spot On!

-BB-

Tak
05-10-2013, 07:50 PM
Yes, BB, its good stuff, but no one cares, just like benghazi.

Our culture loves problems, not solutions.

Rainmaker
05-11-2013, 02:22 AM

Do Dr. Kermit Gosnell's "clinic" take SNAP??

technomage1
05-11-2013, 04:53 AM
Has anyone read this yet?

http://www.jqpublic-blog.com/?p=383

It is (IMHO) Spot On!

-BB-
This should be a petition on change.org,

Absinthe Anecdote
05-11-2013, 05:04 PM
There is a new is a new article on AFT about Kursinski. Most of it is a rehash of previous information but it does appear that some reporters are getting quotes from old co-workers and past acquaintances.

The most interesting tidbits are below:

Krusinski was promoted to lieutenant colonel in July 2009. He makes nearly $132,000 a year, including base pay and housing allowance.
A public records search in several of the states where Krusinski has lived turned up no criminal history. He was divorced in Ohio in September 2009 after 14 years of marriage, according to the Butler County, Ohio, court documents. He and his wife have two children.

Ted A. West said in an email he worked with Krusinski at Eglin when he was a captain but did not know him well.

“I was shocked by the news, but the hypocrisy I’ve witnessed through several field grade officers who put on a good ‘show’ to absorb the tenets of a program and ‘walk the talk’ only to later see that fragile shell break apart and show their true self was hiding is all to be expected. They appear to be great leaders, people, and mentors, yet the more you get to know them — it tends to be all about themselves and career advancement. There are many wholesome, well balanced, and nurturing officers, yet the system does not always siphon them out, and sometimes gets the wrong ones,” he said.

A woman who described herself as a former ex-girlfriend of Krusinski’s commented on an Air Force Times story that he is incapable of the crime he’s been charged with.
“He is a great man, officer [and] father. ... He is still a loyal friend. He was appointed to this position for a reason,” wrote Lara Wedderburn Green.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Some dirt from his divorce:

Groping case latest trouble for Air Force officer from Ohio

ARLINGTON, Va. — In the years leading up to his weekend arrest for allegedly groping a woman in a northern Virginia parking lot, Fairfield, Ohio, native Jeffrey Krusinski, former head of the Air Force’s sexual-assault and prevention unit, appeared to be struggling personally.

When his wife, Cheryl Masanek, filed for divorce in December 2008, she said in court records “ that the parties are incompatible, that Defendant is guilty of gross neglect of duty, and that by reason thereof she should be granted a divorce from Defendant.” Krusinski denied that allegation.

In April 2009, a Butler County Common Pleas judge approved a restraining order filed by Masanek, who listed four reasons, including “fearful he may attempt to reenter their marital residence.”
Their divorce was finalized in September 2009.

And on May 1, Masanek filed a “motion to modify parenting time,” requesting that the couple’s two children no longer be allowed to leave Ohio to visit him.
“ Plaintiff states that it is in the children’s best interest that beginning with Defendant’s summer parenting time that the parenting time be exercised in Ohio in an environment where the children feel security and also so that the children and Defendant may continue counseling together with the children’s counselor in Ohio,” according to court records. Krusinski and Masanek are scheduled to appear in court on June 17 on this latest legal issue.
These happenings provide a more-complicated portrait of Krusinski, 41, than initially offered by the Air Force.

The Air Force said earlier this week that nothing irregular was found in Krusinski’s personnel file that would have disqualified him to lead the service’s sexual-assault-prevention office before the alleged incident.
Air Force officials said he was selected based on his past performance and command experience.But now Krusinski, who has been relieved of his duties pending the investigation, might face $2,500 in fines, up to 12 months in jail or a combination of both as a result of allegations that he fondled a woman in an Arlington, Va., parking lot on Saturday

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/05/10/groping-case-latest-trouble-for-officer.html

Measure Man
05-11-2013, 07:15 PM
A woman who described herself as a former ex-girlfriend of Krusinski’s commented on an Air Force Times story that he is incapable of the crime he’s been charged with.
“He is a great man, officer [and] father. ... He is still a loyal friend. He was appointed to this position for a reason,” wrote Lara Wedderburn Green.[/B][/COLOR]

If she was formerly an ex-girlfriend, what is she now?

Capt Alfredo
05-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Some dirt from his divorce:

Groping case latest trouble for Air Force officer from Ohio

ARLINGTON, Va. — In the years leading up to his weekend arrest for allegedly groping a woman in a northern Virginia parking lot, Fairfield, Ohio, native Jeffrey Krusinski, former head of the Air Force’s sexual-assault and prevention unit, appeared to be struggling personally.

When his wife, Cheryl Masanek, filed for divorce in December 2008, she said in court records “ that the parties are incompatible, that Defendant is guilty of gross neglect of duty, and that by reason thereof she should be granted a divorce from Defendant.” Krusinski denied that allegation.

In April 2009, a Butler County Common Pleas judge approved a restraining order filed by Masanek, who listed four reasons, including “fearful he may attempt to reenter their marital residence.”
Their divorce was finalized in September 2009.

And on May 1, Masanek filed a “motion to modify parenting time,” requesting that the couple’s two children no longer be allowed to leave Ohio to visit him.
“ Plaintiff states that it is in the children’s best interest that beginning with Defendant’s summer parenting time that the parenting time be exercised in Ohio in an environment where the children feel security and also so that the children and Defendant may continue counseling together with the children’s counselor in Ohio,” according to court records. Krusinski and Masanek are scheduled to appear in court on June 17 on this latest legal issue.
These happenings provide a more-complicated portrait of Krusinski, 41, than initially offered by the Air Force.

The Air Force said earlier this week that nothing irregular was found in Krusinski’s personnel file that would have disqualified him to lead the service’s sexual-assault-prevention office before the alleged incident.
Air Force officials said he was selected based on his past performance and command experience.But now Krusinski, who has been relieved of his duties pending the investigation, might face $2,500 in fines, up to 12 months in jail or a combination of both as a result of allegations that he fondled a woman in an Arlington, Va., parking lot on Saturday

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/05/10/groping-case-latest-trouble-for-officer.html

I don't even see any dirt in this. It's a horrible article that doesn't actually say anything. I have no problem with the book being thrown at this guy if he's guilty, but articles like this one don't help.

Tak
05-12-2013, 03:40 PM
I don't even see any dirt in this. It's a horrible article that doesn't actually say anything. I have no problem with the book being thrown at this guy if he's guilty, but articles like this one don't help.

What book? It's a misdemeanor.

Absinthe Anecdote
05-12-2013, 06:01 PM

Er, well it has the tantalizing revelation that he and his wife argued over visitation rights in their divorce.

Seriously, if the reporters keep pulling at strings they will turn up something; of course, what the reporters hope to find is a history of abusive behavior.

I think they will probably just find that this guy has a history of heavy drinking.

JD2780
05-12-2013, 09:31 PM
That's crazy. An O with a history of heavy drinking?

BURAWSKI
05-12-2013, 09:58 PM
That's crazy. An O with a history of heavy drinking?

I agree with the comment about throwing the book at him IF he's guilty. But he is already being tried in the press because the incident is an embarassment to the Air Force. Just for that alone is going to be this guy's undoing. I feel that the media is having a field day with this and making more out of it than it was, only because of his position. Hey, we're human and make mistakes. These people need to get over it.

JD2780
05-12-2013, 10:09 PM
I agree with the comment about throwing the book at him IF he's guilty. But he is already being tried in the press because the incident is an embarassment to the Air Force. Just for that alone is going to be this guy's undoing. I feel that the media is having a field day with this and making more out of it than it was, only because of his position. Hey, we're human and make mistakes. These people need to get over it.

Yea but when you're the guy in charge of sexual assault prevention and you start grabbing some ass, don't be surprised when you get n trouble.

Venus
05-12-2013, 11:38 PM
I think its time to take the chain of command totally out of the reporting chain to include OSI, NCIS, and CID. Should be a civilian office that answers to the justice department with prosecution powers to investigate and bring up charges when warranted and also to protect the accused from false accusation. Today's officer corp have a hard time finding the definition of integrity even if spot them a Google search, must be something they learn when going for their MBA getting ready for the corporate world to screw over their customers and employees just to get that stock price up a penny to keep the board and share holders happy.

F4CrewChick
05-13-2013, 01:14 AM
God I hope this is the straw that breaks the camel's back and substantive changes are FINALLY made in the area of MST.

RobotChicken
05-14-2013, 05:56 AM

:spy 'Chief'...this is the 'Air Farce' tailhook coming in on a 'trap'!!! LOL :clap2

Pullinteeth
05-14-2013, 02:42 PM

That would be awesome....when you get to X # of SA's the thermometer splooges all over...

That is a great article!

My favorite passage:

My favorite is;

"Welsh said he looked at Krusinski’s officer record performance and talked to his current supervisor and found no indications of a problem."

I would have thought the arrest would indicate a problem but apparently not...

Measure Man
05-14-2013, 02:49 PM
In testimony Tuesday before the Senate Armed Services Committee, the Air Force's top commander, Gen. Mark A. Welsh III, appeared to blame broader society, noting that 20% of women report they had been sexually assaulted "before they came into the military."

"So they come in from a society where this occurs," he said. "Some of it is the hookup mentality of junior high even and high school students now, which my children can tell you about from watching their friends and being frustrated by it."

Sounds kinda like he's saying, "hey, it's not like these girls are virgins or nothing"

Measure Man
05-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Well, here's one guys thoughts on a solution:

Toru Hashimoto, the young, brash mayor of Osaka who is co-leader of an emerging conservative political party, also said that U.S. troops currently based in southern Japan should patronize the local sex industry more to help reduce rapes and other assaults.

Hashimoto said he recently visited Okinawa in southern Japan and told the U.S. commander there "to make better use of the sex industry."

"He froze, and then with a wry smile said that is off-limits for the U.S. military," he said.

"I told him that there are problems because of such formalities," Hashimoto said, explaining that he was not referring to illegal prostitution but to places operating within the law. "If you don't make use of those places you cannot properly control the sexual energy of those tough guys."

Hashimoto told reporters on Monday that there wasn't clear evidence that the Japanese military had coerced women to become what are euphemistically called "comfort women" before and during World War II.

"To maintain discipline in the military, it must have been necessary at that time," Hashimoto said. "For soldiers who risked their lives in circumstances where bullets are flying around like rain and wind, if you want them to get some rest, a comfort women system was necessary. That's clear to anyone."

read more: http://news.yahoo.com/japanese-mayor-wartime-sex-slaves-were-necessary-042050746.html

sandsjames
05-14-2013, 03:01 PM
Well, here's one guys thoughts on a solution:

read more: http://news.yahoo.com/japanese-mayor-wartime-sex-slaves-were-necessary-042050746.html

Can we get this into some kind of SOFA and maybe get an increased COLA to cover it?

Tak
05-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Can we get this into some kind of SOFA and maybe get an increased COLA to cover it?

It already is SOFA KINGDOM.

Pullinteeth
05-14-2013, 07:00 PM
Sounds kinda like he's saying, "hey, it's not like these girls are virgins or nothing"

I like how he justifies sexual assault, blames the victim and puts his children above the common folk all in one sentence....

Tak
05-14-2013, 07:27 PM
dont think base CCs will like this advise
http://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/bad-behavior-in-the-pacific/osaka-mayor-wild-marines-should-consider-using-prostitutes-1.220845

Pullinteeth
05-14-2013, 07:31 PM
dont think base CCs will like this advise
http://www.stripes.com/news/pacific/bad-behavior-in-the-pacific/osaka-mayor-wild-marines-should-consider-using-prostitutes-1.220845

Even if they do, there is nothing they can do about it. It is a DoD policy that prevents you from dipping your wick if you have to conduct a financial transaction to do so....

Tak
05-14-2013, 07:32 PM
http://www.stripes.com/news/congress-looks-to-force-change-in-military-on-sexual-assault-1.220879

Tak
05-14-2013, 07:41 PM
Even if they do, there is nothing they can do about it. It is a DoD policy that prevents you from dipping your wick if you have to conduct a financial transaction to do so....

Unless your the CINC or 4 Star

Tak
05-16-2013, 06:23 PM
gotta love this photo in article. #1 mission: dryness
http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20130516/NEWS/305160007/Obama-calls-meeting-military-sex-assault

Tak
05-16-2013, 06:24 PM
rinse and repeat
http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20130515/NEWS/305150024

Rainmaker
05-17-2013, 12:55 AM

Any pussy you get in this world you going to have to pay for one way or another.

Tak
05-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Something in the water
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/16/darin-haas-arrested_n_3288732.html

Tak
05-17-2013, 05:02 AM
:tape2 Goes back too the 3 f's.......rent it!!:playball

Why by the Bunch of cows when you get the Grim milk for free

RobotChicken
05-17-2013, 05:03 AM

Tak
05-17-2013, 05:09 AM

Why by the Bunch of cows when you get the Grim milk for free

RobotChicken
05-17-2013, 05:14 AM
:tape2 :mod:censored:tsk my reply...........:playball

RobotChicken
05-22-2013, 04:07 AM
Aww kitty kitty

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2328802/Bryan-T-Roberts-Commander-Army-base-suspended-fighting-mistress.html
:target SAY it Ain't soooo 'TAK'; Gosh forbid!! EOE system MUST be working GRRREEAT!!! :frusty

Pullinteeth
06-17-2013, 03:39 PM

We have a WINNAHHHHH....not only a female, a 2-star.... Cutting down the General ranks are we? Hell no! Let's convert an O-5 position to an O-8 position. THAT will solve the problem....:kidding:

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123351943

imported_chipotleboy
07-17-2013, 12:11 PM
ARLINGTON, Va. — A judge has set a July 18 trial date for an Air Force officer who led the branch's sex assault response unit until he himself was charged with sexual battery.

07/18/2013 02:00 PM Adjudicatory

I heard he's trying to get the charges lowered to "Assault With a Friendly Weapon"

Bunch
07-18-2013, 01:27 AM
back in May it was world news, today he went to trial, no news anywhere from anyone.
media is such an attention whore.

They are too busy trying to recreate the LA riots.

grimreaper
07-18-2013, 04:52 AM
crazy, NOT A PEEP...

At all!!!

Isn't/wasn't today the 17th?

grimreaper
07-18-2013, 04:59 AM
:-) damn retirement, I thought today was the 18th, I don't
even know what day of the week it is today.

Wish I had that problem...another year and a half for me.

grimreaper
07-18-2013, 05:10 AM
It will go by quick.
I feel dumb, I'm searching the web all night,
checking VA court system, and it's the wrong day!
It is true though that the media is not concerned
at the moment, they put out their story and
that was what sold.

Yup, lots of other stuff going on right now that they know will get them better ratings. I'm sure we will hear about it tomorrow, but I don't think it will be anything compared to what it would be without the current nonsense going on.

grimreaper
07-18-2013, 05:15 AM
I was laughing tonight, fox had on a worthless alternate juror, after CNN got the star actual juror.
Suck on that bill O'Reilly!

Was that the one that was going to write a book and now isn't?

Pullinteeth
07-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Jebus Christos...the DoD just never learns does it?

An Arlington judge declined the Pentagon's initial requests to handle Krusinski's case internally.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/18/trial-for-former-air-force-sexual-assault-prevention-chief-begins

20+Years
07-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I am glad they didn't turn over jurisdiction. Then some douche could have overturned any concviction saying, "he wasn't that kind of guy".

Pullinteeth
07-18-2013, 02:55 PM
I am glad they didn't turn over jurisdiction. Then some douche could have overturned any concviction saying, "he wasn't that kind of guy".

They probably would have given him an LOR and let him retire....

20+Years
07-18-2013, 05:54 PM
I bet he will still get to retire. Full benefits at current rank.

grimreaper
07-18-2013, 07:18 PM
The assault charge will carry the same potential punishment as sexual battery.

A simple assault charge carries the same weight as sexual battery? Figured they would be different.

imported_chipotleboy
07-18-2013, 07:23 PM
here come the hounds...

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/07/18/charge-dropped-against-sexual-assault-prevention-officer.html

But that doesn’t mean Krusinski, 41, is off the hook. Instead, they said, they’ll seek a grand jury indictment for assault and battery when the secret panel meets in August.

Krusinski was originally charged with sexual battery, a Class A misdemeanor punishable by a maximum $2,500 fine, 12 months in prison, or both. Barry Coburn, an attorney for Krusinski, said the new charges have an equivalent punishment.

(break break)

something fishy going on here.

Probably has something to do with the real gender of the "woman" he attacked.

Measure Man
07-18-2013, 08:23 PM
A simple assault charge carries the same weight as sexual battery? Figured they would be different.

Which is a bigger crime...getting your ass pinched or your nose punched?

grimreaper
07-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Which is a bigger crime...getting your ass pinched or your nose punched?

In today's climate? If someone had a gun to your head and told you that you had to pick one...either

A) slap a girl on the ass

or

B) punch her

I'm picking B everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

CrustySMSgt
07-19-2013, 07:35 AM
Okay smart folk, he's charged in May with sexual assault, today they have hearing
And its changed to assault. Wtf happened?

GZ's trial... There is a difference between accusing someone of something and being able to prove the specifications in a court of law. They take sexual assault to trial and they risk losing; go with straight up assault and it is easier to prove and the sentence will be the same (without the sex offender registration part).

Pullinteeth
08-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Who'd a thunk that being convicted of sexual assault wasn't a disqualifying factor to become a SARC/Recruiter/DI/TI until May (at least not for the Army and Navy)....

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20130802/NEWS05/308020023

imported_chipotleboy
08-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Who'd a thunk that being convicted of sexual assault wasn't a disqualifying factor to become a SARC/Recruiter/DI/TI until May (at least not for the Army and Navy)....

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20130802/NEWS05/308020023

Can they come back as a chaplain?