PDA

View Full Version : YOUR Top 3 Sources for News.

giggawatt
05-06-2013, 07:59 AM
If you had time to read only 3 news articles per day, where would you go to get your news? Would you read all 3 from one source or would you go to 3 different sources?

If you get all your news from a left or right leaning source, I don't care. I'm just curious.

sandsjames
05-06-2013, 02:09 PM
3 different sources but I'd have to think long and hard about which ones.

Unfortunately, I should be able to get all the facts from one source (or every source should report the same facts) and then my only focus would be on which commentaries I'd listen too/read. Unfortunately, there is no news anymore, only commentary.

I'd use a local source, a national source, and a world source.

giggawatt
05-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Today I read 3 news articles. I read about the Israeli strikes against Syria from the Wall Street Journal, The Benghazi Whistle Blowers from Fox News and the proposed internet sales tax bill from CNN. Tomorrow, I think I will pick one subject and see if I can find it on 3 different sources and compare.

TJMAC77SP
05-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, I don't know about the other two but one would be The Economist.

garhkal
05-06-2013, 10:05 PM
BBC world news site, fox news site and CNN news site.

106PADDOCK
05-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Fox News, Washington Times,New York Times...............

Banned
05-06-2013, 11:08 PM
If you had time to read only 3 news articles per day, where would you go to get your news? Would you read all 3 from one source or would you go to 3 different sources?

If you get all your news from a left or right leaning source, I don't care. I'm just curious.

BBC, Al Jazeera, and anything Glenn Greenwald writes.

efmbman
05-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Government Executive, Washington Post, BBC.

sandsjames
05-07-2013, 12:34 AM
The Onion, Daily Show, and Colbert...

raider8169
05-07-2013, 01:55 AM
I tend to use cnn, fox news, and yahoo. Once I find a story I want to read about I start looking elsewhere to get the whole story.

Rusty Jones
05-07-2013, 12:24 PM
I don't have any in particular, but I do seem to have a preference for foreign sources. Afterall, they have no emotional attachment to things that are internal to the US; so they just report the news as it is.

TJMAC77SP
05-07-2013, 12:59 PM
I don't have any in particular, but I do seem to have a preference for foreign sources. Afterall, they have no emotional attachment to things that are internal to the US; so they just report the news as it is.

But they do have emotional attachment as it relates to them. Being a foreign source is not the standard I would use. There are good foreign sources for sure (as I said my go-to source is Brit) but they all have their own agendas.

giggawatt
05-07-2013, 02:23 PM
Awesome! Thanks for all the input.

Banned
05-07-2013, 04:54 PM

American journalism is pretty much dead. Docile little puppets of Uncle Sam.

raider8169
05-08-2013, 02:52 AM

I wouldnt agree with this. They are always bashing the government for this or that. I would say they tend to focus only on negative things. Than again that is what sells.

sandsjames
05-08-2013, 03:09 PM
There's only one news source I need. It's RFD's Facebook page.

CYBERFX1024
05-08-2013, 03:20 PM

That's not true Joe. Most of the American journalists are so stuck up Obama's ass it isn't even funny.

But I usually go for AL Jazeera, Dailymail, and Foxnews

MACHINE666
05-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Yahoo News, Daily Mail UK and Huffington Post

RobotChicken
05-09-2013, 04:56 AM
:cool: Gannet news corp...:sad:lol:frusty:smash:censored

Pullinteeth
05-20-2013, 05:29 PM

I find your question flawed. There are two websites I go for "news" but I don't go to them for a particular article. If you asked what three sources would I use to get news, that would make a bit more sense (and it appears that is how most people answered) but what you actually asked is where would you go if you could only read three articles a day. Anyone that actually cares wouldn't do that. They may read the same article on three different sites to get the different spins but looking for three articles to read on one site or one article on three different sites just doesn't make much sense to me...

sandsjames
05-27-2013, 02:03 PM
I find your question flawed. There are two websites I go for "news" but I don't go to them for a particular article. If you asked what three sources would I use to get news, that would make a bit more sense (and it appears that is how most people answered) but what you actually asked is where would you go if you could only read three articles a day. Anyone that actually cares wouldn't do that. They may read the same article on three different sites to get the different spins but looking for three articles to read on one site or one article on three different sites just doesn't make much sense to me...

Thank you for clarifying...

FLAPS, USAF (ret)
05-27-2013, 02:09 PM
MSNBC all the way! New York Times whenever I'm sitting on a park bench with a victimized, less fortunate homeless person. Time magazine for in-depth, balanced views on world events.

Banned
05-27-2013, 04:26 PM
It looks like the atheist community on MTF has finally grown a pair. No more submissive meet in the middle of the road nonsense, I don't think it's right to stone children, but I respect your beliefs. As an atheist, I acknowledge I am inferior to Magic Sky Man, and I bow to your authority to force your religion into government

sandsjames
05-27-2013, 04:30 PM
The last thing one needs is a dentist who runs out of toilet paper.

TJMAC77SP
05-27-2013, 09:33 PM
It looks like the atheist community on MTF has finally grown a pair. No more submissive meet in the middle of the road nonsense, I don't think it's right to stone children, but I respect your beliefs. As an atheist, I acknowledge I am inferior to Magic Sky Man, and I bow to your authority to force your religion into government

Did I miss a post here? I often do but where and who posted something in defense of stoning children in the name of religion? In fact stoning children for any reason.

I hate when I miss important posts

Absinthe Anecdote
05-29-2013, 08:41 PM
My favorite three national newspapers are:

The Christian Science Monitor

The Wall Street Journal

The Washington Post