PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck: God "has got to destroy America"

Banned
05-03-2013, 04:32 PM
I LOVE this guy. Seriously.

“He has got to destroy us because we are becoming an affront to him, in every step of the way. We are denying his existence, we’re denying his power. We are slapping him in the face.”
http://aattp.org/beck-god-has-got-to-destroy-us-because-we-are-becoming-an-affront-to-him/

I have come to the conclusion that God is an asshole.

sandsjames
05-03-2013, 04:38 PM
I LOVE this guy. Seriously.

“He has got to destroy us because we are becoming an affront to him, in every step of the way. We are denying his existence, we’re denying his power. We are slapping him in the face.”
http://aattp.org/beck-god-has-got-to-destroy-us-because-we-are-becoming-an-affront-to-him/

I have come to the conclusion that God is an asshole.

He is indeed a loony one.

How can he be an asshole if he doesn't exist?

Banned
05-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Joe knows...

Your face knows.

Banned
05-03-2013, 08:19 PM
He is indeed a loony one.

How can he be an asshole if he doesn't exist?

God could exist. I simply see no evidence for it.

Flooding the world and killing everyone (minus one family) down to the last man, woman, and child was a dick move. If he decided to firebomb us, we'd be in trouble.

I propose we do a preemptive strike.

Banned
05-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Joe knows...

Your face knows.

JD2780
05-03-2013, 08:30 PM
God could exist. I simply see no evidence for it.

Flooding the world and killing everyone (minus one family) down to the last man, woman, and child was a dick move. If he decided to firebomb us, we'd be in trouble.

I propose we do a preemptive strike.

Dick move you say. You know why he did it.

Banned
05-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Dick move you say. You know why he did it.

Why did he do it bud?

Banned
05-03-2013, 08:38 PM
To attempt to rid the world of all its wickedness, but we are but sinners and he allows free will.

So he creates people as sinners... and then kills them for being sinners. This guy is a pro.

JD2780
05-03-2013, 08:40 PM
To attempt to rid the world of all its wickedness, but we are but sinners and he allows free will.

Measure Man
05-03-2013, 08:44 PM
So he creates people as sinners... and then kills them for being sinners. This guy is a pro.

...and wickedness lives on.

JD2780
05-03-2013, 08:48 PM
...and wickedness lives on.

Yes, it does.

Banned
05-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Yes, it does.

'Murica! Fuck yea!

Measure Man
05-03-2013, 08:59 PM
Yes, it does.

So, would we say God failed in his attempt?

Rainmaker
05-03-2013, 09:05 PM

"You have to consider the possibility that God does not like you, never wanted you, in all probability he hates you. It's not the worst thing that could happen" -Tyler Durden. Man of Wisdom

JD2780
05-03-2013, 09:09 PM
So, would we say God failed in his attempt?

I'll say that. I still believe in God though. He has done great things for me and my family.

Banned
05-03-2013, 09:12 PM
I'll say that. I still believe in God though. He has done great things for me and my family.

Why should God get credit for YOUR hard work and success?

So by this same token, can a man who is not successful in life blame God for his failure?

Greg
05-03-2013, 09:20 PM

So by this same token, can a man who is not successful in life blame God for his failure?

The Marine Corps gave you tools, and training on how to use those tools. If you didn't stay current on your quals, whose fault is that?

Measure Man
05-03-2013, 09:23 PM

"My Obama, the govt. didn't build this business, I did this."

Oh wait...that's the wrong discussion

God is really in a no-lose position though...if things work out, it's "God has been so good to me", if things don't "God has other plans"

I've been trying to come up with the words to describe a weird thought pattern you see in people of faith...

They will say, "I am saved by grace, not of my own doing" "Few are chosen" "God is so good to me" "there, but for the grace of god, go I" etc.

...but, if you are NOT a person of faith...they seem to say it's because YOU screwed up, you are "hateful atheist" who "turned your back on God"..basically that you are "bad" for not believing.

I mean, simply because we may not have been "chosen", and did not get "grace"...not by our own doing?

What I try to explain it's not so much that I choose not to believe...but I can't. Can't believe it anymore than you could believe the Easter bunny was a real rabbit that delivered eggs, or that Sunday morning cartoons are truly being played out by little people inside the TV.

sandsjames
05-04-2013, 02:35 PM
"My Obama, the govt. didn't build this business, I did this."

Oh wait...that's the wrong discussion

God is really in a no-lose position though...if things work out, it's "God has been so good to me", if things don't "God has other plans"

I've been trying to come up with the words to describe a weird thought pattern you see in people of faith...

They will say, "I am saved by grace, not of my own doing" "Few are chosen" "God is so good to me" "there, but for the grace of god, go I" etc.

...but, if you are NOT a person of faith...they seem to say it's because YOU screwed up, you are "hateful atheist" who "turned your back on God"..basically that you are "bad" for not believing.

I mean, simply because we may not have been "chosen", and did not get "grace"...not by our own doing?

What I try to explain it's not so much that I choose not to believe...but I can't. Can't believe it anymore than you could believe the Easter bunny was a real rabbit that delivered eggs, or that Sunday morning cartoons are truly being played out by little people inside the TV.

There are definitely several points that seem contradictory. That is part of the everyday struggle with faith. As far as what His plans are, I have no idea and would never claim to. Maybe we are rats in a maze. Maybe we are an experiment. Hell, we may not even be the first group of people who have occupied Earth. Just because our bible doesn't mention anyone before Adam and Eve doesn't mean that there wasn't anyone. I have no idea and don't believe it makes any difference at all.

Rusty Jones
05-04-2013, 05:02 PM

sandsjames
05-04-2013, 08:10 PM

Very, very classy. Guess I should try to find some good lynching pictures to throw up here for some "shock value".

Banned
05-05-2013, 03:36 AM
Very, very classy. Guess I should try to find some good lynching pictures to throw up here for some "shock value".

How is a lynching amusing? Jesus fucking Christ is quite funny.