PDA

View Full Version : Lawmakers, aides may get Obamacare exemption

grimreaper
04-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Congressional leaders in both parties are engaged in high-level, confidential talks about exempting lawmakers and Capitol Hill aides from the insurance exchanges they are mandated to join as part of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul, sources in both parties said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/obamacare-exemption-lawmakers-aides-90610.html

Tells you all you need to know about Obamacare and the slimebags that passed it right there.

garhkal
04-25-2013, 09:04 PM
I called it back when this was getting pushed on us, that the buttheads in govt would exempt themselves from it.

Measure Man
04-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Hey we finally got both parties to agree on something!!

sandsjames
04-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Just got an appointment scheduled to get MRI results for my back. The first available is May 21st. That's government healthcare for you and that's what people are going to get with Obamacare. I don't blame anybody for trying to get an exemption.

grimreaper
04-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Just got an appointment scheduled to get MRI results for my back. The first available is May 21st. That's government healthcare for you and that's what people are going to get with Obamacare. I don't blame anybody for trying to get an exemption.

Unless you're one of the assholes that forced it on the rest of us and are now trying to get yourself out of it.

garhkal
04-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Agreed. I can't stand it when the govt tells US plebs we have to get on something then they write themselves as exempt from having to do it.. Hypocritical imo.

Banned
04-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Living in a third world country is so interesting.

sandsjames
04-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Living in a third world country is so interesting.

Way to discredit everything you say. It's like watching a chase scene when they show the passenger angle camera and you can see the SUV speeding towards the intersection, knowing it's going to T-bone the passenger.

Banned
04-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Way to discredit everything you say. It's like watching a chase scene when they show the passenger angle camera and you can see the SUV speeding towards the intersection, knowing it's going to T-bone the passenger.

Nah it could be interesting. When the Christian Taliban have turned this place into a new Afghanistan, the silver lining will be that we'll get to live like "Mad Max" in real life!

Chief_KO
04-28-2013, 03:15 AM
No one should be surprised.

JD2780
04-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Nah it could be interesting. When the Christian Taliban have turned this place into a new Afghanistan, the silver lining will be that we'll get to live like "Mad Max" in real life!

Christian Taliban eh? I don't recall the last time Christian stoned people to death. Meaning in the last 100 yrs. I don't remember them forcing women to dress a certain way. Nice try though JB.

JBs usual arguments

Cops are horrible
Religion is for idiots
Cops just walking around beating people and spraying babies
Religion destroys civilizations.
Blame everybody except for the criminals.

I think that sums it up.

Capt Alfredo
04-28-2013, 03:41 PM
Christian Taliban eh? I don't recall the last time Christian stoned people to death. Meaning in the last 100 yrs. I don't remember them forcing women to dress a certain way. Nice try though JB.

JBs usual arguments

Cops are horrible
Religion is for idiots
Cops just walking around beating people and spraying babies
Blame everybody except for the criminals.

I think that sums it up.

He's at least 40% right. And on occasion he tips over the 50% mark, but not always.

Banned
04-28-2013, 04:19 PM

Yup separating church and state was an awesome idea, wasn't it? Now religious fanatics know that if they step out of line, they will go to prison.

JBs usual arguments

irresponsible Cops are horrible
Religion is for idiots
Cops just walking around beating people and spraying babies should be punished
Blame everybody who behaves irresponsibly in the justice system except for the criminals until they are proven guilty.

I think that sums it up.

Yup, that about sums it up.

garhkal
04-29-2013, 08:02 PM
According to the news at lunch, this got shut down after all the furor of it came to light. GOOD!

But i am still shocked at the list of exemptions from it in the first place..
Take a look at this site to get a rundown on the companies (and unions) exempt.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2900475/posts

grimreaper
04-30-2013, 12:05 AM
According to the news at lunch, this got shut down after all the furor of it came to light. GOOD!

But i am still shocked at the list of exemptions from it in the first place..
Take a look at this site to get a rundown on the companies (and unions) exempt.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/2900475/posts

The fact that they had the balls to try it in the first place only goes to show how disconnected and out of touch they really are. We are the subjects and they are the ruling class.