PDA

View Full Version : MAJCOM Command Chief All Call

Mcjohn1118
04-25-2013, 10:43 AM
I recently attended the AFMC Command Chief's SNCO all call at Wright-Patt. I wanted to see if there were updates to our CMSAF's six-month look into EPRs and fitness. Well, this all call was primarily about sequestration. I don't know about other bases, but here at W-P, even without touching the furlough issue, there are impacts. We are closing one gym, and curtailing the hours at the other two. I know, I know, why do we have three gyms. Well, we have three geographically separated areas. The one they are closing is the one closest to the dorms. This gym was just renovated because we picked up a school house mission from Brooks City. Anyway, there are other areas that sequestration is affecting our base; what about yours?
Here is a list of some other interesting things mentioned in this all-call:

1. The PDG is wrong. I think I remember reading somewhere that ACC was the largest MAJCOM in the Air Force. Not according to the Chief. AFMC, with (wait for it......) 60,000+ civilian airman, is the largest MAJCOM. Yes, this Chief is 100% all in for this term, civilian airmen.

2. He held our attention for about 5 minutes when talking about EPRs when he stated that yes, we are wasting too much time with bullet writing and white-space. However, when another Chief mentioned that it was the officers, as reviewers, that weren't getting that message, he mumbled a two sentence response and moved on.

3. No talk on fitness and no questions from the audience either. Maybe because it was close to 1715 (that's 5:15 for our civilian airmen) and we all wanted to either get back to work or go home. I did notice one thing; there were no civilians there; I guess the start-time of 1600 was too late in the day for them.

Have any of you had recent all-calls from your command chief?

KellyinAvon
04-25-2013, 11:18 AM
I recently attended the AFMC Command Chief's SNCO all call at Wright-Patt. I wanted to see if there were updates to our CMSAF's six-month look into EPRs and fitness. Well, this all call was primarily about sequestration. I don't know about other bases, but here at W-P, even without touching the furlough issue, there are impacts. We are closing one gym, and curtailing the hours at the other two. I know, I know, why do we have three gyms. Well, we have three geographically separated areas. The one they are closing is the one closest to the dorms. This gym was just renovated because we picked up a school house mission from Brooks City. Anyway, there are other areas that sequestration is affecting our base; what about yours?

1. The PDG is wrong. I think I remember reading somewhere that ACC was the largest MAJCOM in the Air Force. Not according to the Chief. AFMC, with (wait for it......) 60,000+ civilian airman, is the largest MAJCOM. Yes, this Chief is 100% all in for this term, civilian airmen.2. He held our attention for about 5 minutes when talking about EPRs when he stated that yes, we are wasting too much time with bullet writing and white-space. However, when another Chief mentioned that it was the officers, as reviewers, that weren't getting that message, he mumbled a two sentence response and moved on.

3. No talk on fitness and no questions from the audience either. Maybe because it was close to 1715 (that's 5:15 for our civilian airmen) and we all wanted to either get back to work or go home. I did notice one thing; there were no civilians there; I guess the start-time of 1600 was too late in the day for them.

I think I'm gonna hurl!!

imported_chipotleboy
04-25-2013, 12:03 PM

1. The PDG is wrong. I think I remember reading somewhere that ACC was the largest MAJCOM in the Air Force. Not according to the Chief. AFMC, with (wait for it......) 60,000+ civilian airman, is the largest MAJCOM. Yes, this Chief is 100% all in for this term, civilian airmen.

2. He held our attention for about 5 minutes when talking about EPRs when he stated that yes, we are wasting too much time with bullet writing and white-space. However, when another Chief mentioned that it was the officers, as reviewers, that weren't getting that message, he mumbled a two sentence response and moved on.

I wasn't aware there were civilian SNCOs. Maybe BRUWIN can tell us what is the civilian equivalent of a SNCO.

BRUWIN
04-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Maybe BRUWIN can tell us what is the civilian equivalent of a SNCO.

I'm not sure since it's way below my level. BTW...you can address me as "Civilian Airmen."

Mcjohn1118
04-25-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm not sure since it's way below my level. BTW...you can address me as "Civilian Airmen."

Why, are you more than one person?

Mcjohn1118
04-25-2013, 01:05 PM
I wasn't aware there were civilian SNCOs. Maybe BRUWIN can tell us what is the civilian equivalent of a SNCO.

Exactly, there are no civilian SNCOs, however if the drinker's of the kool aid want to refer to civil service personnel as civilian airman, then these civilian airmen need to be required to show up at these all-calls as well.

FLAPS
04-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Exactly, there are no civilian SNCOs, however if the drinker's of the kool aid want to refer to civil service personnel as civilian airman, then these civilian airmen need to be required to show up at these all-calls as well.

Civ Airmen was added to Air Force Doctrine Document 1-1 not too long ago. Unfortunately, that makes it official.

cope0181
04-25-2013, 01:35 PM
I think I'm gonna hurl!!

Our office refers to AFMC as "A F**king Million Civilians"

ConfusedAirman
04-25-2013, 01:42 PM

The Command Chief is nowhere in the chain of command/line of supervision for civilians (maybe if he has one in his immediate office). I wouldn't waste my time attending one of these briefings even if it was during work hours.

BOSS302
04-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Why, are you more than one person?

He's a retired Chief and a GS-11 civilian; I am sure that his physical mass is equivalent to multiple people. Or one manatee.

BRUWIN
04-25-2013, 01:50 PM
He's a retired Chief and a GS-11 civilian; I am sure that his physical mass is equivalent to multiple people. Or one manatee.

That is the typical blue suit response of "I am skinny because I PT 24/7 while fat Civilian Airmen have to do all my work."

BTW...civilians understand who does the work around here. Dunkin Donuts has been offering their end of night leftovers to us Civilian Airmen when I've been on nights. They call us up at about 10:00pm to have us Civilian Airmen come get them. We once sent a blue suiter and they turned him away saying free donuts were only for Civilian Airmen. True story.

Tak
04-25-2013, 02:01 PM

Nope, no bs all calls in retirement, except maybe for Bru.

MACHINE666
04-25-2013, 02:16 PM
If anyone refers to me as a 'civilian airman' or a 'civilian soldier', I will take a dump in their mouth.

Measure Man
04-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Why would a civilian be at a SNCO all-call?

Funny thing...we had a civilian all-call at my base in regards to sequestration...not a single SNCO to be found, I think they were all taking a 2-hour lunch.