PDA

View Full Version : Confusion In Washington DC ?

Slyoldawg
04-25-2013, 12:13 AM
Seems like Washington can't get it's message straight concerning the bombers in Boston. The FBI says it checked the older bomber out at Russia's request and found nothing. Then we hear the Russians got disgusted with that and then went to the CIA with information about the bomber. Homeland Security says they knew about the bomber all along, but they never gave any information to the FBI. The FBI says it did not know the bomber went to Russia, but the HLS chief says they knew when he left for Russia {They were "pinged") and when he returned Today the Sec of State says the bomber went to Russia to team up with rebels there only to have the FBI and White House back off from that statement

What the hell is going on in DC? Is the president and his crew in self denial that radical Muslims want to kill us? They seem to be desperately trying to make the bombing in Boston an isolated incident and trying to cover up any connection with radical Muslims? Today we learn that another suspected bomber bought the fireworks at the same place, in New Hampshire, as the Boston bomber did.? It seems as if Obama wants his administration to pretend the radical Muslims are not trying to kill us. His administration is trying desperately to convince Americans that these radical Muslim bombing incidents are all done by isolated, independent, unhappy radical Muslim immigrants to America.

Is it going to take a football sized nuke in some city in America to convince Obama that radical Muslims want to kill us off?

VFFTSGT
04-25-2013, 12:18 AM
Seems like Washington can't get it's message straight concerning the bombers in Boston. The FBI says it checked the older bomber out at Russia's request and found nothing. Then we hear the Russians got disgusted with that and then went to the CIA with information about the bomber. Homeland Security says they knew about the bomber all along, but they never gave any information to the FBI. The FBI says it did not know the bomber went to Russia, but the HLS chief says they knew when he left for Russia {They were "pinged") and when he returned Today the Sec of State says the bomber went to Russia to team up with rebels there only to have the FBI and White House back off from that statement

Wasn't the creation of the Department of Homeland Security suppose to bring all these agencies (alphabet soup) together to prevent this type of chaos again?

What the hell is going on in DC? Is the president and his crew in self denial that radical Muslims want to kill us? They seem to be desperately trying to make the bombing in Boston an isolated incident and trying to cover up any connection with radical Muslims? Today we learn that another suspected bomber bought the fireworks at the same place, in New Hampshire, as the Boston bomber did.? It seems as if Obama wants his administration to pretend the radical Muslims are not trying to kill us. His administration is trying desperately to convince Americans that these radical Muslim bombing incidents are all done by isolated, independent, unhappy radical Muslim immigrants to America.

Is it going to take a football sized nuke in some city in America to convince Obama that muslims want to kill us off?

That has happened with every attack so far...It's Ft Hood all over.

jarhead dad
04-25-2013, 01:34 AM
No different than claiming "workplace violence" in texas when that fine upstanding major screamed ala-Akbar, and proceeded to kill our soldiers. If Washington ignores it, it didn't really happen

Robert F. Dorr
04-25-2013, 02:10 AM
Part of the problem of information sharing among agencies involves the spelling of names. One agency knew the guy traveled but another didn't because his name was spelled differently. This is the issue that arises all the time with the No-Fly List.

KellyinAvon
04-25-2013, 02:16 AM
Part of the problem of information sharing among agencies involves the spelling of names. One agency knew the guy traveled but another didn't because his name was spelled differently. This is the issue that arises all the time with the No-Fly List.

I thought you were going with something acronym-related.

OtisRNeedleman
04-25-2013, 02:19 AM

However, if I am not mistaken, there were supposed to be measures taken whereby the various agencies were to work together and deconflict such issues. Sounds like that still hasn't happened yet. Why is this not a surprise?

Tak
04-25-2013, 02:36 AM

Is it going to take a football sized nuke in some city in America to convince Obama that radical Muslims want to kill us off?

Benghazi...

Sec of state Clinton didn't see cables from amb...wtf!

VFFTSGT
04-25-2013, 02:38 AM
However, if I am not mistaken, there were supposed to be measures taken whereby the various agencies were to work together and deconflict such issues. Sounds like that still hasn't happened yet. Why is this not a surprise?

We need another agency to lead that charge.

Below are key documents highlighting how the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) was created through the integration of all or part of 22 different Federal departments and agencies into a unified, integrated Department, and how DHS has become a more effective and integrated Department, creating a strengthened homeland security enterprise and a more secure America that is better equipped to confront the range of threats we face.
http://www.dhs.gov/creation-department-homeland-security

It must be Bush's fault...

Bush initially resisted the idea of a new department, which had been championed primarily by Democrats in the wake of the attacks. http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/11/25/homeland.security/

Tak
04-25-2013, 02:39 AM
Don't worry, all will get better when 11.1 million illegal immigrants become legal.

Slyoldawg
04-25-2013, 02:56 AM
Heard a "Talking Head" on TV say that there are 75,000 Muslims in this country on "Student Visas" 15,000 have never shown up for 1 day in school. 20,000 more are coming into the country in September, he says! What is it with our "leaders?" Seems to me they are out to lunch.

Slyoldawg
04-25-2013, 03:29 AM
The night of the bombing in Boston I saw TV news reports of a 20 year old Saudi Arabian male being picked up in Boston after the explosion. he was supposed to be a student in a college in Ohio, but had never signed up, nor attended any classes according to the news report. It also said he was deported the next day to Saudi Arabia. What's up with that? I haven't heard anymore about this student and have never heard of an illegal being picked up one night and being deported the next day. Of course, I live near San Francisco and that is probably why I never hear of anyone being deported.

106PADDOCK
04-25-2013, 05:18 AM

I think that BHO and his merry band of leftist don't give a rat's azz about this country except to grab power and control of the American people! So any questions about his thoughts don't matter unless my premise is completely dismissed.

tiredretiredE7
04-25-2013, 10:13 AM
I think that BHO and his merry band of leftist don't give a rat's azz about this country except to grab power and control of the American people! So any questions about his thoughts don't matter unless my premise is completely dismissed.

BHO is simply and arrogant and ignorant individual with extreme liberal ideals. BHO actually believe most non-liberals voted for him due to his "tough" stance against terrorism. So when a successful terrorist attack does occur, BHO takes it personal and attempts to down play the obvious terrorist attack. Either he labels the terrorist attack something else such as "workplace violence" or actually believes that somehow delaying saying the word terrorism somehow reduces the effect of the attack.

ConfusedAirman
04-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Slyoldawg's original post -

VFFTSGT's repost

Is it going to take a football sized nuke in some city in America to convince Obama that Muslims want to kill us off?

VFFTSGT - Did you deliberately remove the word "radical" from the last sentence when you quoted Slyoldawg? There is no indication that Slyoldawg edited his post to add the word after you quoted him. But now I see that my edits to this post aren't identified either. So maybe Slyoldawg did not have the word "radical" in his original post. Whether it was intentional or not, let's not forget that it is indeed RADICAL Muslims we have to fear and not the Muslim religion. The same exists in this country with RADICAL Christians.

Edited to add - after adding that last bit about edits not showing up, I now see that my post is identified as being edited. There seems to be a glitch in the forum.

Edited again to add - VFFTSGT states he did not remove the word "radical". He wants me to change my post "from accusing" him of "misquoting someone". I think I asked a question, provided some observations, but did not outright accuse him. Slyoldawg states he added the word before posting. I don't think I will change the post.

JD2780
04-25-2013, 12:45 PM

VFFTSGT's repost

VFFTSGT - Did you deliberately remove the word "radical" from the last sentence when you quoted Slyoldawg? There is no indication that Slyoldawg edited his post to add the word after you quoted him. But now I see that my edits to this post aren't identified either. So maybe Slyoldawg did not have the word "radical" in his original post. Whether it was intentional or not, let's not forget that it is indeed RADICAL Muslims we have to fear and not the Muslim religion. The same exists in this country with RADICAL Christians.

Edited to add - after adding that last bit about edits not showing up, I now see that my post is identified as being edited. There seems to be a glitch in the forum.

In VFF's eyes we are no different than these two clowns. Therefore he removed the radicalized part because its a nonissue to him.

Slyoldawg
04-25-2013, 01:42 PM
When I wrote the original post I placed it on the original Boston bombing thread. As I checked over that thread I realized that the thread morphed into something off subject. I removed my post from that thread and started another thread. As I completed the post I realized that by not adding the word, "radical" to preface Muslim that it seemed I was condemning the entire Muslim religion. So I purposely added the word "radical" to each word "Muslim" in my post so that my point of the post was aimed at the correct group. The word "radical" was not removed by me.

BOSS302
04-25-2013, 02:50 PM
When I wrote the original post I placed it on the original Boston bombing thread. As I checked over that thread I realized that the thread morphed into something off subject. I removed my post from that thread and started another thread. As I completed the post I realized that by not adding the word, "radical" to preface Muslim that it seemed I was condemning the entire Muslim religion. So I purposely added the word "radical" to each word "Muslim" in my post so that my point of the post was aimed at the correct group. The word "radical" was not removed by me.

This forum is full of glitches lately; they must have GS-11 Civilian Airmen operating the servers.

Tak
04-25-2013, 03:12 PM
They couldn't @$&# themselves if they
Had a %$#@ and a &%$#@?!

Tak
04-25-2013, 03:15 PM
This forum is full of glitches lately; they must have GS-11 Civilian Airmen operating the servers.

Was that a dig on Bru

CYBERFX1024
04-25-2013, 03:29 PM
There is quite frankly a lot of confusion coming out of DC right now. Every agency is scrambling to get their piece of the dwindling pie, all the while trying to protect the country. In the mean time what is coming from the white house ideas and statements being pro-immigrant, and trying like hell to convey islam as being in a good light and that it does not encourage or condone jihad. The Saudi suspect that was mentioned above is supposedly a member of the royal family and was visited by Michelle Obama.

ICE is feeling be-leagued right now. Because they are trying to do there jobs but there powers of enforcement are being hampered by Washington. They are catching illegals coming into the country, and then the illegals say that they want there right of a hearing. Which until that hearing they are on "bail" so to speak. The agents know that 99% of the illegals won't come to the hearing at all. But just stay in the country illegally.

It seems as if the big push from the left right now is immigration. Just like here in California, once they signed into law granting illegals rights to services such as schools, food stamps, medicaid. Then after that they have voted for the Democrats since then. Now California has a Super-majority of Democrat legislature and trying to pass every bill in sight for services and pet projects.

This country needs to stop listening to the people that want to destroy this country and do what is right. Yeah it may be hard and you won't get your cake and be able to eat it too. It will be tough. But damn it we need to do it or else we will be screwed

Tak
04-25-2013, 03:32 PM
No confusion here
http://nation.foxnews.com/obamacare/2013/04/25/congress-plots-exempt-themselves-obamacare

Sergeant eNYgma
04-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Heard a "Talking Head" on TV say that there are 75,000 Muslims in this country on "Student Visas" 15,000 have never shown up for 1 day in school. 20,000 more are coming into the country in September, he says! What is it with our "leaders?" Seems to me they are out to lunch.

I have a few muslims friends but that's ridiculous. Btw I'm still waiting for this to be labeled as Bush fault...

sandsjames
04-25-2013, 03:45 PM
Marco Rubio made a great point this morning. Immigration is NOT a right. It is something that has made this country what it is, but is not a right. We need to be stricter with who we allow in and who we don't. It may be necessary to limit, or stop, student visas to people from regions of the world that threaten our national security (of course this means Arab/Muslim countried, even though he didn't say it). We need to get away from the premise that everyone deserves a chance to come here.

imported_SergeantJack
04-25-2013, 04:33 PM

VFFTSGT's repost

Not all Muslims are terrorists. But nearly all terrorists are Muslims. I don't think that Islam itself should get a free pass at all. This is a religion whose "holy text" instructs its members to enslave, convert, or kill infidels, and to subjugate and dominate women. I wouldn't waste two seconds defending that religion.

As for the rest of it, I don't see Christians blowing up innocent people, radical or not.

sandsjames
04-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Not all Muslims are terrorists. But nearly all terrorists are Muslims. I don't think that Islam itself should get a free pass at all. This is a religion whose "holy text" instructs its members to enslave, convert, or kill infidels, and to subjugate and dominate women. I wouldn't waste two seconds defending that religion.

As for the rest of it, I don't see Christians blowing up innocent people, radical or not.

To clarify, I hope you mean that you don't see them doing it in the name of Christianity. Christians do kill people, but not for "reglious reasons" on a large scale.

ConfusedAirman
04-25-2013, 05:05 PM

Quite a few Irishmen and Englishmen would disagree with you. But at least they weren't doing it in the name of Christianity.

VFFTSGT
04-25-2013, 05:13 PM

VFFTSGT's repost

Must be, or I quoted him before he edited it. Either way, you should change your post from accusing me of misquoting someone because I didn't.

In VFF's eyes we are no different than these two clowns. Therefore he removed the radicalized part because its a nonissue to him.

Wrong, but thanks for both false accusations.

Is it going to take a football sized nuke in some city in America to convince Obama that muslims want to kill us off?

Seems radical showed up in at least one sentence I quoted. As I said, it must have been edited after I quoted.

Lets try using some critical thinking skills versus more ad hominem arguments based in emotion because I introduced the idea of blowback.

It seems the posted was edited...after I quoted him, because my response is a direct copy and paste of this post of his initial Boston Attacked thread.

JD2780
04-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Must be, or I quoted him before he edited it. Either way, you should change your post from accusing me of misquoting someone because I didn't.

Wrong, but thanks for both false accusations.

Seems radical showed up in at least one sentence I quoted. As I said, it must have been edited after I quoted.

Lets try using some critical thinking skills versus more ad hominem arguments based in emotion because I introduced the idea of blowback.

Which part is false? You changing somebody's post or the part where you think we are no different than terrorists.

VFFTSGT
04-25-2013, 07:48 PM
Which part is false? You changing somebody's post or the part where you think we are no different than terrorists.

Both; I didn't change the post and I never said we are the same as terrorist.

CYBERFX1024
04-25-2013, 08:02 PM
I have a few muslims friends but that's ridiculous. Btw I'm still waiting for this to be labeled as Bush fault...

That happens alot. It's not just muslims but people from all nations and ethnic groups. That's why in alot of countries it is next to impossible to get a US tourist visa. Because they have found a majority of people that come from that country to the USA for "tourism" end up staying there. That is a fact.

CYBERFX1024
04-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Marco Rubio made a great point this morning. Immigration is NOT a right. It is something that has made this country what it is, but is not a right. We need to be stricter with who we allow in and who we don't. It may be necessary to limit, or stop, student visas to people from regions of the world that threaten our national security (of course this means Arab/Muslim countried, even though he didn't say it). We need to get away from the premise that everyone deserves a chance to come here.

You are so right and Rubio is too. I like the immigration bill with a few exceptions. But overall it is decent. The premise is that if you show you are a hard working contributor to this country then you can stay. If you are a law breaker then go the hell back home. Also I like how all the Illegals got butt hurt because they wouldn't be able get medicaid, food stamps, or obamacare. That one made me laugh.

imported_CLSE
04-25-2013, 09:07 PM

That's the right of your problems right there - you elect "leaders" and expect them to lead you. This extends all the way to the concept that the president is the "CEO" of the country and the Commander-in-Chief of the country - he is neither.

He could fairly be called the CEO of the federal government - but the federal government is not the United States and vice versa.

And during declared wars, he is the commander-in-chief of the military - the military is not the country and vice versa.

We're supposed to be electing representatives - including the president - who represent our interests at the national level. They are not supposed to dictate what the country will do and the people should be offended when someone in Washington D.C. tries to.

537 elected dictators are no better than one unelected dictator.

Measure Man
04-25-2013, 09:14 PM
And during declared wars, he is the commander-in-chief of the military - the military is not the country and vice versa.

Well, he is the Commander in Chief of the military even in peacetime.

imported_CLSE
04-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Well, he is the Commander in Chief of the military even in peacetime.

You're right, I was thinking of something else, thanks.

CYBERFX1024
04-26-2013, 06:27 PM
What is up with this? I saw this article today in the UK Dailymail and quite frankly I was stunned. I knew that it was going on but quite frankly it is sickening to actually read it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315115/Shocking-US-government-leaflet-tells-Mexican-immigrants-collect-food-stamp-benefits-admitting-theyre-country-illegally.html

VFFTSGT
04-26-2013, 08:07 PM
What is up with this? I saw this article today in the UK Dailymail and quite frankly I was stunned. I knew that it was going on but quite frankly it is sickening to actually read it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2315115/Shocking-US-government-leaflet-tells-Mexican-immigrants-collect-food-stamp-benefits-admitting-theyre-country-illegally.html

Well, if you believe there are forces pushing the Cloward & Piven strategy...then it makes perfect sense.