PDA

View Full Version : 20 Days Left!

imported_SergeantJack
04-24-2013, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure why I'm even going in to work any more.

JD2780
04-24-2013, 02:57 PM

To rub it in people's faces. I did.

FLAPS
04-24-2013, 03:12 PM

So you can respond to that oh so important email, "Hot Hot Hot....Top 3 looking for volunteers to pick up trash at this weekend's concert"

Tak
04-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Dont forget to set your last out of office.
I set mine talking about sitting on a beach
With an umbrella drink.

sandsjames
I'm at 61 and a wake up and I come in at 0830 and go home at 1100.

I started about 20 days ago by leaving a little bit early. Then, I started taking a late lunch (1300) and not coming back. Then I started taking lunch on time (1130) and not coming back. Now I take an early lunch (1100) and don't come back. I'm also coming in late on PT days. My last couple months will be very enjoyable.

71Fish
Dont forget to set your last out of office.
I set mine talking about sitting on a beach
With an umbrella drink.

A more realistic out of office would have been "hanging out at the BX correcting uniform errors between AFT forum posts".

Tak
04-24-2013, 03:28 PM
A more realistic out of office would have been "hanging out at the BX correcting uniform errors between AFT forum posts".

I couldn't use it, as Bru had already...

MACHINE666
04-25-2013, 01:56 PM
Show up with different take out food for every day of the week...ribs, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, southern bbq....walk around the squadron and purposely eat it in front of everyone, as you're talking about some pointless conversation. Between the smell of good food making lots of people hungry, and the fact that you no longer care, it will be the best way to give everyone the middle finger there!

:D :D :D :D :D

imported_SergeantJack
04-25-2013, 03:19 PM
I knew a guy who worked full days until the day of his final out, and he stayed until 1500 that day.

What a loser.

MedWeenie
04-25-2013, 03:33 PM
I knew a guy that showed up while on terminal leave and asked if htere was anything he could do because he was bored. The Super told him to go home your retired.

FLAPS
04-25-2013, 04:32 PM
I knew a guy who worked full days until the day of his final out, and he stayed until 1500 that day.

What a loser.

Some people just don't understand that the organization will do just fine without you, and that after a mere 5 minutes following your retirement ceremony people will already start to forget your name.

sandsjames
04-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Some people just don't understand that the organization will do just fine without you, and that after a mere 5 minutes following your retirement ceremony people will already start to forget your name.

I like getting a head start. A guy in my shop mentioned my pending retirement to a MSgt in supply the other day. She said "Who's TSgt sandsjames"? I've been here for 2 years. She was here when I got here. I've talked to her in person several times. I've remained under the radar for almost 2 full years. This ensures I will never be missed and makes it easier to fade out even earlier than normal.

Tak
04-25-2013, 06:32 PM
MSgt boss back in 2000, worked late on last day because he "had a lot on his plate"

Taks plate before retirement had steak and shrimp on it :-)

imported_SergeantJack
04-25-2013, 07:07 PM
Maybe he was still trying to get a senior rater endorsement.

Steve-OK
04-25-2013, 07:12 PM
I knew a guy that showed up while on terminal leave and asked if htere was anything he could do because he was bored. The Super told him to go home your retired.

Wow!! Some people just can't let go...Whats the opposite of ROAD

imported_SergeantJack
04-25-2013, 07:20 PM
WEIRD: While Even In Retirement, Dutying.

Worth a shot, anyway.

71Fish
04-25-2013, 09:25 PM

That is very true. I was on base so I stopped by my office about 2 weeks after my ceremony. Imagine my surprise when I see the office is still running and not everyone could stop what they were doing for more than a few minutes to talk to me. Yep, the AF was functioning before I joined and evidently is still running.

71Fish
04-25-2013, 09:26 PM

What a loser.

I worked with a guy who not only did that, but he also didn't take his PTDY.

FLAPS
04-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Wow!! Some people just can't let go...Whats the opposite of ROAD

Many of these same people end up dying not too long after retirement...especially those who lose their 'sense of purpose' after removing the uniform. I guess the key to post-military survival is to have a life independent of your former military duties.

Luvnlife
04-26-2013, 04:40 PM
Many of these same people end up dying not too long after retirement...especially those who lose their 'sense of purpose' after removing the uniform. I guess the key to post-military survival is to have a life independent of your former military duties.
I've wondered if this is one of the reasons why I've seen some Chiefs and Lt Col's/Col's that retire and then are in GS-12+ or high level corporate positions.

Do they still need to feel "in charge/important" or they just want the $$?

sandsjames
04-26-2013, 04:47 PM
I've wondered if this is one of the reasons why I've seen some Chiefs and Lt Col's/Col's that retire and then are in GS-12+ or high level corporate positions.

Do they still need to feel "in charge/important" or they just want the $$?

I think it's a little of both. I've only known one retired Chief who turned down a management level job to be a worker bee slot. He was in a GS-11 slot and ended up doing nothing but writing EPRs. He was more happy to be an electrician working at shop level so that's what he did. He said no amount of money could make up for the lack of stress he was having just coming in, grabbing a tool bag, and working.

imported_SergeantJack
04-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Most other retired FGOs only got the "tool" part.