PDA

View Full Version : Tried the water diet that I saw someone post on here, it actually works

imported_Joker76
04-20-2013, 03:56 AM
last month I started the water diet, the first couple days were worse than when I quit smoking, but it wasn't so bad. I went from a 38in waist to a 33 in waist, lost 38 lbs all in one month. All that being said, I did feel very close to fainting during the run on the first lap, but after I pushed through that, i managed to finish it off with about a good minute increase in my time, my pushups and situps also suffered, i use to max those out, but this time, i did 40 and 45 respectively. I did manage to get over a 90 for the first time in my life though, so all in all. I'll do it again next year. Whoever posted that water diet a few months ago, thanks.

Tak
04-20-2013, 03:56 AM
Good job. What a nightmare.
No bad dreams in retirement.

jondstewart
04-20-2013, 04:39 AM
last month I started the water diet, the first couple days were worse than when I quit smoking, but it wasn't so bad. I went from a 38in waist to a 33 in waist, lost 38 lbs all in one month. All that being said, I did feel very close to fainting during the run on the first lap, but after I pushed through that, i managed to finish it off with about a good minute increase in my time, my pushups and situps also suffered, i use to max those out, but this time, i did 40 and 45 respectively. I did manage to get over a 90 for the first time in my life though, so all in all. I'll do it again next year. Whoever posted that water diet a few months ago, thanks.

Just curious, how long did you do this water diet and if it was only a few days, did you completely abstain from eating, like a fast? Then again, losing 5 inches in just a few days......

LogDog
04-20-2013, 05:35 AM
Just too dangerous for a diet. Losing that much weight in one month could cause some medical problems. I'd recommend the Rotation Diet. The first couple of days you eat about 600 calories a day. Then you increase to about 900 calories for a couple of more days. Then you increase that to 1200 calories for about 5 days and after that you go to 1800 calories for three days. At the end of this cycle you drop back to 600 calories and start all over. I've used this method before and it does work without making you feel faint. Having only 600 calories is tough but when you get to 1800 calories you feel like you can't eat enough to make that goal.

Rainmaker
04-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Rainmaker know of another good one that's even better than the water diet. The best part is that it's not so extreme as the water diet. But, the tricky part is you have to stick with it all year. It's called the "STOP EATING SO MUCH YOU FAT BASTARD" diet. Feel free to hit Rainmaker up with a PM if you want to know the details.

SomeRandomGuy
04-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Rainmaker know of another good one that's even better than the water diet. The best part is that it's not so extreme as the water diet. But, the tricky part is you have to stick with it all year. It's called the "STOP EATING SO MUCH YOU FAT BASTARD" diet. Feel free to hit Rainmaker up with a PM if you want to know the details.

Personally I recommend the Amy Winehouse diet. The only risk here is that you could possibly get hit with a random urinalysis. Meth is out of your system in 3 days though so its not a big risk.

http://salvagedstars.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/amy-winehouse-antes-depois-fama-1-7955481.jpg

imported_DannyJ
04-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Just too dangerous for a diet. Losing that much weight in one month could cause some medical problems. I'd recommend the Rotation Diet. The first couple of days you eat about 600 calories a day. Then you increase to about 900 calories for a couple of more days. Then you increase that to 1200 calories for about 5 days and after that you go to 1800 calories for three days. At the end of this cycle you drop back to 600 calories and start all over. I've used this method before and it does work without making you feel faint. Having only 600 calories is tough but when you get to 1800 calories you feel like you can't eat enough to make that goal.

Sounds HORRIBLY dangerous. I would not advise this under any circumstances.

imported_Joker76
04-20-2013, 04:54 PM
Just curious, how long did you do this water diet and if it was only a few days, did you completely abstain from eating, like a fast? Then again, losing 5 inches in just a few days......

I did the diet for exactly 29 days, took PT test, ate an apple, felt full, shit my brains out. So far the hardest part is coming off the diet.

Tak
04-20-2013, 05:22 PM
The new Shit Yo Pants diet is the Bomb.

Greg
04-20-2013, 05:26 PM
I did the diet for exactly 29 days, took PT test, ate an apple, felt full, shit my brains out. So far the hardest part is coming off the diet.

"Rapid or extreme weight loss can cause an electrolyte imbalance. Electrolytes are substances that become ions in solution and gain the ability to conduct electricity. They include sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium and phosphate. Electrolyte imbalances can have serious health consequences. They affect the amount of water in your body, muscle function, blood acidity and other important processes."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/277473-electrolytes-weight-loss/

imported_Joker76
04-20-2013, 05:43 PM
"Rapid or extreme weight loss can cause an electrolyte imbalance. Electrolytes are substances that become ions in solution and gain the ability to conduct electricity. They include sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium and phosphate. Electrolyte imbalances can have serious health consequences. They affect the amount of water in your body, muscle function, blood acidity and other important processes."

http://www.livestrong.com/article/277473-electrolytes-weight-loss/

All that may be true, but the consequences of a failing a PT Test are worse than the POSSIBLE consequences of electrolyte imbalance.

Greg
04-20-2013, 05:51 PM
All that may be true, but the consequences of a failing a PT Test are worse than the POSSIBLE consequences of electrolyte imbalance.

I understand what you are posting, but the consequences of an electrolyte imbalance may last a lifetime. Especially if this yo-yo dieting continues for some time.

Google before and after pictures of some flash in the pan celebrities.

Tak
04-20-2013, 05:58 PM
Is it against regs to shit while running pt test?

imported_Joker76
04-20-2013, 06:02 PM
I understand what you are posting, but the consequences of an electrolyte imbalance may last a lifetime. Especially if this yo-yo dieting continues for some time.

Google before and after pictures of some flash in the pan celebrities.

What are you talking about, celebrities look great. If i have an electrolyte imbalance I'll drink some Gatorade. If I fail even one PT test, that means, no quarterly awards EVER while stationed here, no end of tour medal, no consideration for any new job openings (back office, ect..) One PT failure means you are automatically thrown into the "other" list during boards. Trust me, I'd rather kill over a few years early than end up on the PT Test fail list.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-20-2013, 06:36 PM
What are you talking about, celebrities look great. If i have an electrolyte imbalance I'll drink some Gatorade. If I fail even one PT test, that means, no quarterly awards EVER while stationed here, no end of tour medal, no consideration for any new job openings (back office, ect..) One PT failure means you are automatically thrown into the "other" list during boards. Trust me, I'd rather kill over a few years early than end up on the PT Test fail list.

Yeah, but you said you were already walking around with a 38 inch waist so I doubt anyone seriously considered you for an award in the first place.

I don’t think you really did the water diet anyway.

Your first post sounded like you were fishing and the “oh, I’ll drink Gatorade” is even more evidence.

Nice job!

You got a couple of people to bite.

efmbman
04-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Is it against regs to shit while running pt test?

Difficult to determine if you are serious or not... but in the Army, as long as you do not leave the designated running course, yes you can pinch a loaf right there. You will not be disqualified from the test, but you may be in violation of another, unrelated regulation.

imported_Joker76
04-20-2013, 09:48 PM
you were already walking around with a 38 inch waist so I doubt anyone seriously considered you for an award in the first place.

What does having a 38 in waist have to do with winning awards? The first block on a 1206 is for leadership and job performance, the next block is for significant self improvement and the last is for community/base involvement. Are you telling me that PT even though its not on the 1206 is a deciding factor in EVERYTHING!!?? even awards that have nothing to do with PT!!!???? Next you'll be telling me that even if people pass their PT test, but don't score over a 90 they will not be considered for BTZ, or End of Tour medals....INSANE!!!!

:jaw

Tak
04-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Difficult to determine if you are serious or not... but in the Army, as long as you do not leave the designated running course, yes you can pinch a loaf right there. You will not be disqualified from the test, but you may be in violation of another, unrelated regulation.

Dude, of course I am serious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEdOqYEwcT8

Absinthe Anecdote
04-20-2013, 10:54 PM
What does having a 38 in waist have to do with winning awards? The first block on a 1206 is for leadership and job performance, the next block is for significant self improvement and the last is for community/base involvement. Are you telling me that PT even though its not on the 1206 is a deciding factor in EVERYTHING!!?? even awards that have nothing to do with PT!!!???? Next you'll be telling me that even if people pass their PT test, but don't score over a 90 they will not be considered for BTZ, or End of Tour medals....INSANE!!!!

:jaw

Who is even going to consider pulling a 1206 up on the computer when your abdominal circumference is 38 inches and you are lumbering around the base with a giant water bottle in your mouth?

Do you think you’ll have a chance at a BTZ board when you waltz in there popping the buttons on your service dress and dribbling water all over the place?

FLAPS
04-20-2013, 11:14 PM

I don't recommend the concentration camp diet, but rather a new breakthrough Saltine Cracker diet. You eat 15 crackers for breakfast (no fluids), 55 for lunch (again, no fluids), then back off to 40 crackers for dinner (no fluids). We all get hungry for a snack before bed, so I recommend one restaurant packet of Oyster Crackers 1.5 hours prior to bedtime. Throughout this diet, fluids should only be consumed at bedtime. 1 gal of water at bedtime is about the right amount.

sandsjames
04-20-2013, 11:57 PM
Who cares if it's bad for your health in the long run. All that matters to the Air Force is that you passed your test. You, sir, are fit to fight, whether you felt like you were going to pass out or not. Organ failure? The Air Force doesn't care. There's no referral EPR for organ failure.

Sounds like a great diet. I will recommend it to all my fat troops.

Deploy Me Please
04-21-2013, 12:22 AM
Eat rice for breakfast, drink water for lunch, swell up for supper.

BOSS302
04-21-2013, 09:58 AM
Fad diets. It beggars belief what some people must go through in order to pass a simple Physical Fitness test that includes a small 1.5 mile run, standard push ups, standard sit ups, and a waist measurement. I'm not defending the test because the test carries asinine implications and has become THE standard by which grown adults are judged in the Air Force. What I'm saying is...how does one let themselves go to a point that they cannot pass such a test?

Don't drink soda
Eat more fish and chicken and less red meat and pork
More veggies and fruits and less fattening sides (mac and cheese, white bread, fries, etc)
Skim milk instead of whole
Higher protein, less carbs

I see too many people in my section alone who put in a great amount of effort at the gym, yet are scarfing down burgers and fries from Chili's, eating fried eggs with white-bread toast and butter for breakfast, gulping down Monster energy drinks and soda, and just generally treating their body like a trash can. Then they wonder why they cannot tone-up or gain muscle, they wonder why their waist is slowly creeping up.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-21-2013, 03:59 PM
Fad diets. It beggars belief what some people must go through in order to pass a simple Physical Fitness test that includes a small 1.5 mile run, standard push ups, standard sit ups, and a waist measurement. I'm not defending the test because the test carries asinine implications and has become THE standard by which grown adults are judged in the Air Force. What I'm saying is...how does one let themselves go to a point that they cannot pass such a test?

Don't drink soda
More veggies and fruits and less fattening sides (mac and cheese, white bread, fries, etc)

I see too many people in my section alone who put in a great amount of effort at the gym, yet are scarfing down burgers and fries from Chili's, eating fried eggs with white-bread toast and butter for breakfast, gulping down Monster energy drinks and soda, and just generally treating their body like a trash can. Then they wonder why they cannot tone-up or gain muscle, they wonder why their waist is slowly creeping up.

You put that kind of material in a trash can!

A compost pile would be much more appropriate and of course a recycling bin for the soda cans.

Seriously, I agree with you.

It is a very simple concept, perhaps too simple?

efmbman
04-21-2013, 04:29 PM
It is a very simple concept, perhaps too simple?It is indeed simple: burn more calories than you take in and you will lose weight. And the military is one of those unique careers that allow you to exercise while still getting paid. Amazing.

JD2780
04-21-2013, 09:32 PM

Don't drink soda

Add quit smoking and smokeless tobacco to that. Less beer. I know I just removed 3 of the primary food groups for maintainers. Then the only excuse they have for failing the PT test is the dreaded 12 hr shift!!

meatbringer
04-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Wanna know what I do? Eat healthy and exercise regularly. Never had a problem with the PT test. I'm even a maintainer who is good at his job, I am married, and I go to school. Yup. Diet and exercise. Imagine that.

Tak
04-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Wanna know what I do? Eat healthy and exercise regularly. Never had a problem with the PT test. I'm even a maintainer who is good at his job, I am married, and I go to school. Yup. Diet and exercise. Imagine that.

Well if a maintainer can do it working 8 hr shifts, anyone can.

sandsjames
04-22-2013, 03:05 PM
The easiest way is to not even worry about it. 14 PT failures between 1994 and 2013 and I will still be retiring in 64 days. Not sure what the point of putting in the effort really is.

Tak
04-22-2013, 03:07 PM
The easiest way is to not even worry about it. 14 PT failures between 1994 and 2013 and I will still be retiring in 64 days. Not sure what the point of putting in the effort really is.

63 and a wakeup!

sandsjames
04-22-2013, 03:15 PM
63 and a wakeup!

Darn tootin'!. 44 and a wake-up duty days (though ACTUAL duty days is probably 8-10).

Koa1121
04-23-2013, 02:00 AM
My biggest gripe with the PT test has been, for a while now the fact that the max is 39" for someone testing on all components. Yet, same person gets injured, or has surgery and they are unable to exercise, therefore relegating them to test waist only and the max drops 1.5" to 37.5" I cannot understand why they would make the max smaller for someone who is injured to the point that they can't perform any of the components. It should be the other way giving an additional 1.5" if anything. Doesn't make a bit of sense. Why not just keep it at 39" for everyone?

imported_Joker76
04-23-2013, 02:08 AM
Yes, people I realize eating right and exercising is one way to go. But I like eating what want for 11 months out of the year, i like fast food,i like Popeyes chicken. if someone told me today, I could eat healthy for the rest of my life and live to be 100, or eat whatever i want and live to be 65. Trust me, I will take the most enjoyable route. So for as long as i'm in the AF, I will continue to eat what I want all year, and one month out, I will do the water diet and get a 90+ on my PT test. But, thanks for the concern guys...i mean that.

JD2780
04-23-2013, 02:09 AM
Yes, people I realize eating right and exercising is one way to go. But I like eating what want for 11 months out of the year, i like fast food,i like Popeyes chicken. if someone told me today, I could eat healthy for the rest of my life and live to be 100, or eat whatever i want and live to be 65. Trust me, I will take the most enjoyable route. So for as long as i'm in the AF, I will continue to eat what I want all year, and one month out, I will do the water diet and get a 90+ on my PT test. But, thanks for the concern guys...i mean that.

Good for you. Most can't. That's why the ambulance is always showing up at the gym.

imported_CLSE
04-23-2013, 05:35 PM
The garbage diet works well for losing weight quickly, too. It's really cheap and you can even eat all the fast food you want.

Just go to the dumpster behind your local fast food joint and pick what you want, just make sure that it looks to be at least a day old, the older the better.

The case of food poisoning that you will get will shave the pounds very quickly and you don't have to worry about self discipline, the food poisoning is your diet buddy. You can eat all you want, most of it will come right back up and what does stay down will come out the other end pretty quickly.

Measure Man
04-23-2013, 06:28 PM

I thought you can eat whatever you want on the Water Diet as long as you drink a gallon of ice cold water every day??

Or is that a different water diet?

imported_Joker76
04-23-2013, 07:28 PM
I thought you can eat whatever you want on the Water Diet as long as you drink a gallon of ice cold water every day??

Or is that a different water diet?

No, the water diet is just that, nothing but water, no food, no vitamins, no coffee, NOTHING BUT WATER.

20+Years
04-23-2013, 08:18 PM
And this was done for a month? Not buying it.

imported_Joker76
04-23-2013, 08:51 PM
And this was done for a month? Not buying it.

Well then it must not be true. You should have told me sooner that you didn't buy it and I wouldn't have bothered doing it.

Actually, its not as hard as it sounds for several reasons.

1. Hunger only last for up to three days, after that, as long as you eat nothing, you don't get hungry

2. You drink water just like you always do, so you don't dehydrate, no large amounts or anything special

3.. That is it, see how easy that was, i bet even you could figure it out.

It's actually pretty well known, its called water fasting, many many many people do it, do some research kid.

Here is a video of a lady who did it for 22 days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBtS4COpvOg

drc100882
04-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Well then it must not be true. You should have told me sooner that you didn't buy it and I wouldn't have bothered doing it.

1. Hunger only last for up to three days, after that, as long as you eat nothing, you don't get hungry

2. You drink water just like you always do, so you don't dehydrate, no large amounts or anything special

It's actually pretty well known, its called water fasting, many many many people do it, do some research kid.

Here is a video of a lady who did it for 22 days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBtS4COpvOg

Where's the video of her 22 days AFTER the diet?

20+Years
04-24-2013, 12:58 PM
[QUOTE=Joker76;619895]Well then it must not be true. You should have told me sooner that you didn't buy it and I wouldn't have bothered doing it.

Here is a video of a lady who did it for 22 days.[QUOTE=Joker76;619895]

---------

Lol... been along time since I was called "kid". As far as research, I have never once researched a fad diet and I am not going to start now, but thanks for the offer. I "didn't buy it" because it is exactly what I imagined it was, someone purposely starving themselves and calling it a diet. I thought I heard in the past the body needs three things to survive: food, water & sleep. Eliminating any of the three seems like it might be a self referral for a Darwins award.

To each thier own, more power to those who can do this. It's defintely not for me.

I would try something off the wall like portion control, lowering calories, sugars, carbs, and a steady workout program. Thats just me though.

meatbringer
04-24-2013, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=20+Years;619961---------
Lol... been along time since I was called "kid". As far as research, I have never once researched a fad diet and I am not going to start now, but thanks for the offer. I "didn't buy it" because it is exactly what I imagined it was, someone purposely starving themselves and calling it a diet. I thought I heard in the past the body needs three things to survive: food, water & sleep. Eliminating any of the three seems like it might be a self referral for a Darwins award.

To each thier own, more power to those who can do this. It's defintely not for me.

I would try something off the wall like portion control, lowering calories, sugars, carbs, and a steady workout program. Thats just me though.[/QUOTE]

Shows how much you know....It's way easier and smarter to starve yourself nearly to death in order to meet a simple physical standard that only calls for some common sense and portion control.

BRUWIN
04-24-2013, 03:14 PM
I started my water diet today.

Tak
04-24-2013, 03:33 PM

Everyone knows, diets start on Mondays...

(Heads to popeyes for lunch...)

JD2780
04-24-2013, 04:36 PM
Shows how much you know....It's way easier and smarter to starve yourself nearly to death in order to meet a simple physical standard that only calls for some common sense and portion control.

Bam. What he said.

Absinthe Anecdote
04-24-2013, 04:44 PM

Eat less and move around more?

That sounds like it would probably work but it doesn’t have nearly enough cachet.

I usually advocate those old 1970s machines that look like a parking meter attached to a vibrating belt that you slip around your mid-section. It just jiggles the fat away and the only diet modification required is adding cottage cheese and Tab cola to your lunch menu.

SomeRandomGuy
04-24-2013, 04:55 PM

I did some research on the water diet and it is not safe. Water alone does not have enough nutrients to sustain you. If you are looking for a viable alternative to water only I may have found a solution for you. Bud Light is roughly 90% water. Bud light also contains 110 Calories, 7 grams of carbohydrates, and 1 gram of protein per can. I mean just look at the name Bud Light! I recommend drinking only Bud light for the next 30 days. I am thinking around a gallon per day (not really sure how many cans equal a gallon) should do the trick. I will be trying this new diet myself but I am also looking for others to join. By now I am sure you are sick of water only so maybe you would considering joining me on the Bud light diet?

20+Years
04-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Another completely logical diet would be, "The Crackhead Diet". All you need is just a pipe or two of meth a day and you will lose untold pounds... maybe a few teeth, some hair... but look, it works GREAT! Meth users are so skinny! Then after your test, you are good to go for another 11 months!

Who cares about risk, right?

imported_Joker76
04-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Another completely logical diet would be, "The Crackhead Diet". All you need is just a pipe or two of meth a day and you will lose untold pounds... maybe a few teeth, some hair... but look, it works GREAT! Meth users are so skinny! Then after your test, you are good to go for another 11 months!

Who cares about risk, right?

I will assume by your lack of risk management when it comes to the PT test that you retired many years ago. So listen up old timer, the risk of all those things you mentioned is negligible compared to the risk of failing even one PT Test. If meth were legal, hell yes i'd use it to pass a PT test!!

20+Years
04-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Nah, not retired yet, and still passing my pt test. You wouldn't have a problem either if you kids still went out and played after school. Go ride your bike or play hide-n-seek with your friends (don't worry if no one comes to find you, they really do like you...).

BRUWIN
04-25-2013, 09:24 PM
I am on my 2nd day....I've noticed I feel dizzier but everyone says I'm already looking buff.

20+Years
04-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Bruwin,

The dizziness happens because there is still too much food in your system. Try a double dose of laxitive tonight, you should feel better tomorrow.

giggawatt
04-26-2013, 06:49 AM
Grade A trolling in this thread.

giggawatt
04-26-2013, 04:17 PM

Do not workout to add days to your life, workout to add life to your days.

sandsjames
04-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Do not workout to add days to your life, workout to add life to your days.

Why do I feel like I just walked into the "Blue Oyster" club?

Pullinteeth
04-26-2013, 05:48 PM
I did some research on the water diet and it is not safe. Water alone does not have enough nutrients to sustain you. If you are looking for a viable alternative to water only I may have found a solution for you. Bud Light is roughly 90% water. Bud light also contains 110 Calories, 7 grams of carbohydrates, and 1 gram of protein per can. I mean just look at the name Bud Light! I recommend drinking only Bud light for the next 30 days. I am thinking around a gallon per day (not really sure how many cans equal a gallon) should do the trick. I will be trying this new diet myself but I am also looking for others to join. By now I am sure you are sick of water only so maybe you would considering joining me on the Bud light diet?

Believe it or not, there is actually an all beer diet.... This fattie lost 22lbs in a couple of weeks on it...

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7363458n

imported_Sgt HULK
04-27-2013, 10:02 AM

This may be the dumbest most unsafe thing I've read on this forum and that includes walking down main st iran with an american flag shirt on

smfh

20+Years
04-29-2013, 05:36 PM
I am on my 2nd day....I've noticed I feel dizzier but everyone says I'm already looking buff.

Checking in on Bruwin...seeing how the diet is going?

Tak
04-29-2013, 05:56 PM
Sorry, he passed away. Water did him in.

sandsjames
04-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Checking in on Bruwin...seeing how the diet is going?

I heard he's doing well. All that water even helped him wake up with morning wood for the first time in 20 years.

BRUWIN
04-29-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm doing ok. I am losing lot of weight. There are certain drawbacks...the dizzy spells have turned into hallucinations but that's ok because I always have someone to talk to and these imaginary people encourage me. There is one guy that keeps trying to slaughter me with a pick axe but the loss of weight has made me nimble on my feet. All in all...great diet, highly recommended.

JD2780
04-29-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm sold then! My next PT test is in 10 months. I think I'll start now!

Nah, start in 9 months.

JD2780
04-29-2013, 07:35 PM

Nah, start in 9 months.

20+Years
04-29-2013, 07:38 PM

BRUWIN
04-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Believe it or not...I'm thirsty today.

sandsjames
04-30-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm doing ok. I am losing lot of weight. There are certain drawbacks...the dizzy spells have turned into hallucinations but that's ok because I always have someone to talk to and these imaginary people encourage me. There is one guy that keeps trying to slaughter me with a pick axe but the loss of weight has made me nimble on my feet. All in all...great diet, highly recommended.

Any hallucinations about Betty Rubble?